The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2010-05-23 08:34:15

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Re: Twilight Saga's "Eclipse" 3rd film

"these chicks can sparkle in the sunlight in the nude for us men to put on a showgirl-like show for us in the daylight."

That's such a non-sexist thing for you to say, HarryCanyon. Thanks. >hmm

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2010-05-23 08:34:34)

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#77 2010-06-03 18:31:17

Rogue
Lunatic

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#78 2010-06-11 22:53:55

WereWolfH

I know I might regret it but I'm gonna go see this. (secretly during the daytime though when people aren't around. haha Isn't that a shame. I know a lot of guys wanna see this but it's just not talked about.)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#79 2010-06-19 10:10:19

Neferefre

How Twilight should have ended...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXZ-bJBjr4

A werewolf kills Bella big_smile

Last edited by Neferefre (2010-06-19 13:23:27)

#80 2010-06-19 10:20:57

Daninsky
Website

Without that "eloquent" end message this would actually have been quite fun.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#81 2010-06-19 17:22:34

zockereinstein

Neferefre wrote:

Well, at least THIS looks like a werewolf movie smile.

#82 2010-06-19 23:34:08

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

I saw TV spots for it today.
That was quick!
Do they even put any effort into these movies?

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#83 2010-06-20 07:30:53

Daninsky
Website

I would assume that they shot twilight II and III back to back, spares time and money.
You are dealing mostly with the same locations anyway so there's not much need for new sets.

Also they did have to go through much less pre-production, the werewolf design and all stands, the rest is simple computer work. And yes, I don't think that they put as much care into those movie as you might have on other productions.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#84 2010-06-20 09:49:47

alawoa

alphanubilus wrote:

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

Okay so the redheaded villian was recast. Wowwwwww, from the sound of it, I wonder if it was a business decision to snag top actors while Summit's hot with their Twilight saga. Wow, I'm pissed b/c she really was good in the second movie, New Moon. She scared me with her looks. (that scene in the forest where she's being hunted by the werewolves and she gives that dude a look that makes him have a heart attack. Wow. When she broke it down, I don't know 10 days for a movie.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_21171

Actors and actresses sign contracts when they are going to film a movie. These contracts usually guarantee their availablity for a project. A studio doesn't want to get hung up on a production because of a late actor or actress. I've seen triple A stars cause a few problems, but that was because the project was riding on their name. Rechelle broke her contract when she signed to do a film that would elaspe Eclipse filming schedule. You may think that 10 days isn't a long time period, but the reality is, it is a year for a filming schedule. These schedules are run EXTREMELY tightly. Just watch a few "Making Of" docus and will see that they really can't aford even one missed day. This was bad judgment on Rechelle's agent's part, as they shouldn't have scheduled anything even close to an assumed time for Eclipse filming.

There was a bit of bad blood, obviously, but you move on.

Hollywood is a business and has to be treated as thus.

On another note... I too am looking forward to Eclipse. It was and is my favorite of the book series, as it is probably the only book of the saga that has an actually developed plot.

I agree.

#85 2010-06-27 20:14:19

WolfMontana

Neferefre wrote:

Ha! That's awesome. They used Silver Bullet footage! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#86 2010-06-28 19:48:21

HarryCanyon

This has gotten good reviews from critics so far as it's called "The best of the series". I really enjoy the Twilight movies and novels since they are fun movies and novels.

But does anyone think they are similar to movies like "The Hunger" (1983 with David Bowie), "Immortality (a.k.a. Wisdom of Crocodiles)", "Lifeforce" and "Sleepwalkers"? in terms of films that portray vampires that are "different"? and do you know that not every vampire is the same as some can suck out youth/souls/energy instead of blood like Asian vampires or even walk in the daylight?

#87 2010-06-28 21:53:18

Reptile

Yeah, but saying Eclipse is the best of the Twilight films is like saying that being shot point blank with a rocket launcher is the best possible way to die out of the choices of that or being stabbed in the face with a flaming pitchfork or being impaled through the neck with a chainsaw while being forced to watch Catwoman. 

Frankly, if its as faithful to the book as the last two were, this is going to be painfully boring at best.

In a way I'm kind of fighting off my own optimism on this one, because David Slade is directing and the trailers and TV spots are actually pretty decent but then again so were the trailers and TV spots for New Moon, and we all know how that turned out. Can this even be classified as a werewolf movie? The main focus of the film is...-sigh- "vampires". I mean werewolves are in it and I guess I can see why this thread might exist, but I can't really classify it as a werewolf movie.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#88 2010-06-29 00:16:12

Viergacht

Reptile wrote:

I can see why this thread might exist, but I can't really classify it as a werewolf movie.

According to the 'tards, those aren't werewolves. They're "changelings" or "shapeshifters". Because obviously a guy who changes shape into a wolf IS NOT a werewolf!

#89 2010-06-29 04:59:25

Reptile

Viergacht wrote:

Reptile wrote:

I can see why this thread might exist, but I can't really classify it as a werewolf movie.

According to the 'tards, those aren't werewolves. They're "changelings" or "shapeshifters". Because obviously a guy who changes shape into a wolf IS NOT a werewolf!

True, I guess... If you want to play semantics.

They always seemed to me to be people with a wolf themed superpower rather than werewolves. And the vampires...blood sucking humanoid disco balls.

Although Stephanie Meyer did add a more conventional werewolf to the end of the fourth book. Well...mentioned them really. Well...they're extinct. Her precious walking disco balls wiped them out.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#90 2010-06-29 11:40:46

Viergacht

Reptile wrote:

They always seemed to me to be people with a wolf themed superpower rather than werewolves. And the vampires...blood sucking humanoid disco balls.

Although Stephanie Meyer did add a more conventional werewolf to the end of the fourth book. Well...mentioned them really. Well...they're extinct. Her precious walking disco balls wiped them out.

Apparently werewolves are too icky and gross and unsparkly or something . . . whatever.

#91 2010-06-29 12:27:54

wolfblood17

So she killed off the only creature that could possibly save this lame series.... a more fierce, or better looking werewolf?  Come on Stephanie, quit being like some Hollywood producers.... where a werewolf is actually just a giant wolf... if that was the case we could all just visit the zoo if we wanted to see one.  F**king sparkly vampires.... *growls and shakes head, wanting to impale vamps in head with a flaming pitchfork*

Great and brutal kills you got going there Reptile, seriously.... hehehe big_smile

big_smile (with fangs!)

#92 2010-06-29 14:58:19

Reptile

wolfblood17 wrote:

Great and brutal kills you got going there Reptile, seriously.... hehehe big_smile

http://webmail.cornergate.com/gdsit/games/MK/MK_Pictures/reptile_fatality_mkii.gif

Fatality.

#93 2010-06-29 15:04:06

wolfblood17

Hahahaha!!!! Nice one!  I'd like to do that to a vampire to... RIP IT IN HAAALLLLFFFFF!!!!! or at least the Twilight vampires.... (except for the evil redhead, she's cool)!!!! smile

big_smile (with fangs!)

#94 2010-06-29 17:02:43

zockereinstein

Viergacht wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Apparently werewolves are too icky and gross and unsparkly or something . . . whatever.

I hate to add sexist comments but, have you ever noticed when a werewolf movie is directed by a female, or is inspired on a female written book, the werewolves there tend to be extremely lame? I mean, cute puppies or 'cool' people who change into wolf in a sparkle of light or so... think about it.
Yes, I know about Bitten but in fact, the cinematographic project was discarded some years ago. Coincidence?

#95 2010-06-29 17:04:39

wolfblood17

Bitten was an awesome book!!!! It may have not made a good movie though...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#96 2010-06-29 18:07:08

Reptile

zockereinstein wrote:

I hate to add sexist comments but, have you ever noticed when a werewolf movie is directed by a female, or is inspired on a female written book, the werewolves there tend to be extremely lame? I mean, cute puppies or 'cool' people who change into wolf in a sparkle of light or so... think about it.
Yes, I know about Bitten but in fact, the cinematographic project was discarded some years ago. Coincidence?

This is because werewolf are only for men. MANLY MANLY MEN! ONLY THE MANLIEST OF MANLY MEN CAN HANDLE WEREWOLF FILMS[/Joke]

But seriously I think its more a question of genera and pop culture contamination than gender.

In the modern literary world of sparkling vampires and spunky human girlfriends, the wolf is a beautiful, noble icon of both cuteness and badassery. It is seen as a supreme predator who can take on anything (Despite the fact that they are lightly built pack hunters.) but also as safe, kind, and devoted to its family (Which, in all fairness, wolves are.) In this sense it fills the role as being both completely safe if you're family (Or aforementioned spunky human girlfriend.) as well as slightly dangerous. They appeal to the current pop culture heroic archetype of being beautiful, fast, dangerous, social and intelligent.

Therefore this:

http://i.slimg.com/sc/sl/photo/w/wi/wildlifeexpeditions-wolf-xl.jpg

and this:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/06/03/gal_twilight_wolf.jpg

Is a far more acceptable for your strong yet sensitive hunky werewolf love interest to transform into than, say this:

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/williamlycan.jpg

or this:

http://earbuds.popdose.com/zack/SongOff/Images/werewolf.jpg

Most authors assume that their mindless, shrieking demographic couldn't handle a heroic werewolf that didn't bring up warm memories of Balto. Its grating.

There's also the wolf lover crowd who are at the same time underwhelmed by the whole "can only turn into a pure wolf" thing the who want all werewolves to be this:

http://werewolves.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/3918werewolf-11.jpg

(Don't worry though, they can also transform in TWUF WUFFS! And at any time the please as well. Usually to hunt caribou and protect Gaia from the mean hyoomans.)

^ Which don't piss me off as much as they make me shudder in revulsion.

There are a few notable exceptions to this rule. Lucian in Underworld is both attractive in his human form and he transforms into an awesome looking hulking monstrosity when the need arises. And uh...I guess the Wolfman is kind of portrayed as a tragic hero in the remake...I don't know why. Being Human is another great example. But there are more examples of the opposite. True blood, Blood and Chocolate, Twilight, The Gates, Shiver, Jack Nicholson's Wolf becomes a normal wolf at the end of the movie, I think Vampire Diaries as well but it's been a while since I waded through the books. Freeborn is going to do this if it ever gets made.

As someone who's never really had the deep love for wolves that everyone else seems to but loves werewolves its frustrating to say the least.

#97 2010-06-29 20:30:13

HarryCanyon

HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THESE VAMPIRE MOVIES?
"Lifeforce".
"Captain kronos Vampire Hunter". (Hammer classic)
"Near Dark".
"The Hunger".
"Martin (1977)".
"The Keep (1983)". (Watch it on Youtube)
"Sleepwalkers".

You all should rent these cult classics because they portray "different than the normal" vampires on film, these are the best vampire movies that are lesser known and you should watch dudes and dudettes. get out of the hollywood system as they will reward you and learn about other kinds of vampires in world folklore including Asian and Japanese vampires that suck your youth/souls/energy/lifeforce instead of your blood.

And how do you feel that one critic on the first Twilight  saying "The most epic romance since Titanic"? how do fans of James Cameron's masterpiece Titanic feel about that even with comparisons to Titanic?

#98 2010-06-29 20:39:32

wolfblood17

To be honest I've never seen all of "Titanic" but I loved what I saw.  Especially over this "Twilight" crap.... Edward is a stalker (no actual love means watching the other sleep all freaking night)..... I don't think Jacob is an actual werewolf (him and his pack, just shapeshifters)...... and Bella, I don't even know what to say about her..... and the books themselves are boring as hell (I only got to the 10th chapter of New Moon before I got too bored).... you have to action somewhere, or at least make decent characters, who are interesting....

big_smile (with fangs!)

#99 2010-06-29 20:53:40

Reptile

HarryCanyon wrote:

HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THESE VAMPIRE MOVIES?
"Lifeforce".
"Captain kronos Vampire Hunter". (Hammer classic)
"Near Dark".
"The Hunger".
"Martin (1977)".
"The Keep (1983)". (Watch it on Youtube)
"Sleepwalkers".

You all should rent these cult classics because they portray "different than the normal" vampires on film, these are the best vampire movies that are lesser known and you should watch dudes and dudettes. get out of the hollywood system as they will reward you and learn about other kinds of vampires in world folklore including Asian and Japanese vampires that suck your youth/souls/energy/lifeforce instead of your blood.

And how do you feel that one critic on the first Twilight  saying "The most epic romance since Titanic"? how do fans of James Cameron's masterpiece Titanic feel about that even with comparisons to Titanic?

Seen all of those except for Martin and Captain Cronos. They all provide interesting vampire species.

As for Twilight being the most "epic romance" since Titanic...

Kids these days. -Shakes head.-

#100 2010-06-29 21:17:25

wolfblood17

I know right, "Twilight".... the disgrace... from the thoughts of a MANLY MAN teenager! wink

big_smile (with fangs!)

Board footer