You are not logged in.

#101 2010-06-29 21:33:35

Rogue
Lunatic

Re: Twilight Saga's "Eclipse" 3rd film

HarryCanyon wrote:

HAVE YOU ALL SEEN THESE VAMPIRE MOVIES?
"Lifeforce".
"Captain kronos Vampire Hunter". (Hammer classic)
"Near Dark".
"The Hunger".
"Martin (1977)".
"The Keep (1983)". (Watch it on Youtube)
"Sleepwalkers".

You all should rent these cult classics because they portray "different than the normal" vampires on film, these are the best vampire movies that are lesser known and you should watch dudes and dudettes. get out of the hollywood system as they will reward you and learn about other kinds of vampires in world folklore including Asian and Japanese vampires that suck your youth/souls/energy/lifeforce instead of your blood.

And how do you feel that one critic on the first Twilight  saying "The most epic romance since Titanic"? how do fans of James Cameron's masterpiece Titanic feel about that even with comparisons to Titanic?

THEY DARE COMPARE TWILIGHT TO TITANIC?!?!?!?
*rage rage rage*
Oooooooooooooohhhh, somebody had better pay for that . . .  D:<

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#102 2010-06-29 21:40:21

HarryCanyon

Well Reptile and Rouge, Can you compare Twilight to  "Lifeforce" and "The Hunger"? i mean for The Hunger they both feature the same kind of vampire that walks in the sunlight without being killed, both immortality, being new-age beautiful people, both have no fangs but sharp as blades teeth because they are Egyptian etc. only difference is The Hunger's didn't sparkle in the sunlight. And for "Lifeforce" comparisions, both deal with vampires that aren't like the normal kind as one is an alien species and the Volturi (Some members) have the same powers as some of the Volturi are Psi-vampries who drains victims of their youth/energy/lifeforce/soul instead of their blood.

Do you think Lifeforce has an interesting Sci-fi take on the vampire myth? i mean do you like the idea that the aliens in the movie are of an ancient race of vampires that visited Earth before and became the ancestors/origin to our vampire legends, nice idea right? and do you like how teh vampires aren't like the same kind of vampire as they have no fangs and no drinking blood but are more on Psi-vampires (a.k.a. psychic vampires or energy vampires)? or do you think the vampires in Lifeforce ARE MORE vampire than Twilight's ones?

And do you think Twilight is almost the same flick like "Sleepwalkers"? i mean both deal with an odd small town with teen girls like Tanya and Bella who fall in love with a "oddball" vampire like Charles and Edward Cullen as they reveal their secrets to the girls and even their mothers are oddball vampires as well. The vampires in Sleepwalkers are also like the Volturi and Lifeforce space vampires on stealing energy/souls/youth/lifeforces instead of blood.

Did you know there are many species of vampires in the world as not everyone of them burns in the sun and some that suck out youth/souls/energy/lifeforces instead of blood like Psi-vampires (a.k.a. Psychic vampires or energy vampires) like Asian vampires?

I'm assuming Titanic and Twilight are the same love story. I did saw Eclipse in a sneek preview and it was DEFINELTY the most  man-friendly movie in the series. The werewolves are unique but do you know they are based on Native-American werewolves? and the Volturi kicked some ass this time.

Last edited by HarryCanyon (2010-06-29 21:45:06)

#103 2010-06-30 01:01:48

Reptile

HarryCanyon wrote:

Well Reptile and Rouge, Can you compare Twilight to  "Lifeforce" and "The Hunger"? i mean for The Hunger they both feature the same kind of vampire that walks in the sunlight without being killed, both immortality, being new-age beautiful people, both have no fangs but sharp as blades teeth because they are Egyptian etc. only difference is The Hunger's didn't sparkle in the sunlight. And for "Lifeforce" comparisions, both deal with vampires that aren't like the normal kind as one is an alien species and the Volturi (Some members) have the same powers as some of the Volturi are Psi-vampries who drains victims of their youth/energy/lifeforce/soul instead of their blood.

Not really.

Lifeforce and Hunger are both horror films. They tap deep into the vampire's history of the horror icon. Twilight is an extreme evolution of the vampire as a romance figure. You could say that Life Force and The Hunger are direct descendants of the original vampire myths, while Twilight is more of an offshoot. Like the deformed cousin in the basement no one likes to talk about.

Do you think Lifeforce has an interesting Sci-fi take on the vampire myth? i mean do you like the idea that the aliens in the movie are of an ancient race of vampires that visited Earth before and became the ancestors/origin to our vampire legends, nice idea right? and do you like how teh vampires aren't like the same kind of vampire as they have no fangs and no drinking blood but are more on Psi-vampires (a.k.a. psychic vampires or energy vampires)?

Yeah, I always liked the idea of taking the vampire into Sci Fi territory without removing all of their mystique and power. I am Legend, Underworld and even Blade all essentially turned vampirism into a really, really nasty version of rabies. So I think that Lifeforce is one of the better Sci Fi interpretations of vampires.

or do you think the vampires in Lifeforce ARE MORE vampire than Twilight's ones?

Yes.

The vampires in Lifeforce are predatory undying monsters. The vampires in Twilight can serve double duty as perfect boyfriends and easily transported disco balls.

I'd say that for all of their deviations from vampire lore, Lifeforce critters are closer to the original vampire archetype than Twilight vampires.

And do you think Twilight is almost the same flick like "Sleepwalkers"? i mean both deal with an odd small town with teen girls like Tanya and Bella who fall in love with a "oddball" vampire like Charles and Edward Cullen as they reveal their secrets to the girls and even their mothers are oddball vampires as well. The vampires in Sleepwalkers are also like the Volturi and Lifeforce space vampires on stealing energy/souls/youth/lifeforces instead of blood.

I seriously think that any similarity between the two is entirely coincidental. I find it unlikely that Smeyer has ever seen Sleepwalkers.

In any case, Sleepwalkers is again taping into the primal fear of predatory monsters so prevalent in human myths. In this case the monster takes the form of a potential lover.

Did you know there are many species of vampires in the world as not everyone of them burns in the sun and some that suck out youth/souls/energy/lifeforces instead of blood like Psi-vampires (a.k.a. Psychic vampires or energy vampires) like Asian vampires?

Few, few myths if any mention vampires burning up in daylight. That was an invention of the silent film Nosferatu. Now there's a vampire movie.

I'm assuming Titanic and Twilight are the same love story. I did saw Eclipse in a sneek preview and it was DEFINELTY the most  man-friendly movie in the series. The werewolves are unique but do you know they are based on Native-American werewolves?

I've been doing some research into that claim actually. So far I've found zip to support Stephanie's assurance she based the shifters on authentic Quileute lore. There are some Native American stories involving animal transformation, but other than that I haven't found any mention of horse sized telepathic wolves who find their "soul mates" via a instinctive reaction normally found in baby birds.

and the Volturi kicked some ass this time.

http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/new-moon-graphics/jane-volturi.jpg

-Tilts head.-

Okay.

I'll probably see this with my girlfriend. Then I'll go need to go see Predators to realign my chi.

The only way to to kill a predator...is to become one. On July 9th the hunt begins again.

EDIT: Hey, does anyone know that Julia jones is playing Leah. No, of course you don't. The only reason I know who she is is because she was in Jonah Hex and was totally hotter than Megan Fox in it.

http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/julia-jones/julia-jones-05450.jpg

Hot damn. I suddenly don't hate this series nearly as much as I used to.

Last edited by Reptile (2010-06-30 02:13:57)

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#104 2010-06-30 03:17:42

HarryCanyon

Julia is a fine chick in this movie but i hate how Rachelle was replaced as Victoria with Bryce, Bryce doesn't look right and is cuter as a blonde.

Do you Rachelle's Victoria was probably the hottest vampiress villain to hit the screen since Miriam from Hunger, Space Vampiress from Lifeforce, Regine from Fright Night part 2, Lilith from Bordello of Blood, Ingrid Pitt from Vampire Lovers, Katrina from Vampires, and others? but she is better than ugly Katrina from 1986's Vamp whom Grace Jones played.

Come on folks, give Jacob some support. he's a REAL MAN compared to Edward Cullen because he doesn't sparkle in the sunlight and real men don't sparkle, he's tough and loves to fight instead of being weepy and a total sissy like Edward. Jacob is everything we dudes want to be including idolize as he can get all the ladies while Edward is just a pathetic diamond boy that should be a living museum exhibit.

So you seen The Keep (1983)? that was a vampire movie did you know that including the novel? the Golem creature is a vampiric creature that is a Psi-vampire just like the Volturi and the old nazi in the film was the ancestor to every vampire of legend.

But is it me or are the Volturi similar to Count Magnus Lee or Mier Link from the Vampire Hunter D movies? i mean they have the same kickass powers. Do you also like Vampirella comics? they have the same Sci-fi vampire legend concept that i think both "Space Vampires" (book) and "Lifeforce" got the idea from about how the vampires of legend were born from aliens from Drakulon where Dracula was really an alien. If you like Sci-fi vampire movies check out "Daybreakers", "Perfect Creature", "Planet of the Vampires" and "Not of this Earth (1957 version can be seen on youtube as well as 1988 and 1995)".

I have this crazy theory about Twilight's vampires. Hey! what if they are actually alien vampires from another planet (Vampirella comics like) as they landed on Earth from a dying planet as they became the inspiration to vampires. Could it be possible they are aliens from a planet?

#105 2010-06-30 13:18:07

Daninsky
Website

Reptile wrote:

I'm assuming Titanic and Twilight are the same love story. I did saw Eclipse in a sneek preview and it was DEFINELTY the most  man-friendly movie in the series. The werewolves are unique but do you know they are based on Native-American werewolves?

I've been doing some research into that claim actually. So far I've found zip to support Stephanie's assurance she based the shifters on authentic Quileute lore. There are some Native American stories involving animal transformation, but other than that I haven't found any mention of horse sized telepathic wolves who find their "soul mates" via a instinctive reaction normally found in baby birds.

And yet some Natives keep insisting that she did rip-off their culture. smile

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#106 2010-06-30 13:38:54

Reptile

Daninsky wrote:

Who? When? Where? What exactly did they say? The most I've heard is some of them bemoaning about the fact that some of the crazier Twilight fangirls think that they can actually turn into giant wolves.

Honestly, Smeyer could have pieced together her shifter concept out of any pop culture connection between animals and Native Americans and then combined it with the fact that nowadays you can't have a vampire story with copy pasting some werewolves into it. There's nothing distinctly from Quileute mythology that seems to be influencing the Meyer wolves other than the fact that "Wolves+Native Americans= werewolf!".

HarryCanyon wrote:

Julia is a fine chick in this movie but i hate how Rachelle was replaced as Victoria with Bryce, Bryce doesn't look right and is cuter as a blonde.

They replaced Victoria?

Do you Rachelle's Victoria was probably the hottest vampiress villain to hit the screen since Miriam from Hunger, Space Vampiress from Lifeforce, Regine from Fright Night part 2, Lilith from Bordello of Blood, Ingrid Pitt from Vampire Lovers, Katrina from Vampires, and others? but she is better than ugly Katrina from 1986's Vamp whom Grace Jones played.

Doubtful. But why not?

Come on folks, give Jacob some support. he's a REAL MAN compared to Edward Cullen because he doesn't sparkle in the sunlight and real men don't sparkle, he's tough and loves to fight instead of being weepy and a total sissy like Edward. Jacob is everything we dudes want to be including idolize as he can get all the ladies while Edward is just a pathetic diamond boy that should be a living museum exhibit.

Honestly, I pity Jacob after the end of Breaking Dawn.

The love slave of Bella Cullen's seven-year-old demon spawn....-shudders-

Out of everything that I disliked about Twilight, Imprinting still stands out as something that seems oddly terrifying in its ability to hollow out a person's personality to make them the perfect mate for whoever gets the luck of the genetic draw.

So you seen The Keep (1983)?

Nope.

But is it me or are the Volturi similar to Count Magnus Lee or Mier Link from the Vampire Hunter D movies?

I think that's just just you I don't really see the similarity...other than the fact that they're both kind of femmy.

Do you also like Vampirella comics?

I like the older ones, the latter ones were okay I guess.

If you like Sci-fi vampire movies check out "Daybreakers", "Perfect Creature", "Planet of the Vampires" and "Not of this Earth (1957 version can be seen on youtube as well as 1988 and 1995)".

Seen them all.

I have this crazy theory about Twilight's vampires. Hey! what if they are actually alien vampires from another planet (Vampirella comics like) as they landed on Earth from a dying planet as they became the inspiration to vampires. Could it be possible they are aliens from a planet?

I read something like that somewhere on deviantart.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#107 2010-06-30 13:48:44

Daninsky
Website

Reptile wrote:

Daninsky wrote:

Who? When? Where? What exactly did they say? The most I've heard is some of them bemoaning about the fact that some of the crazier Twilight fangirls think that they can actually turn into giant wolves.

Wouldn't mind meeting a girl that can turn into a giant wolf, I'm sure the fandom would eventually subside...

#108 2010-07-06 21:00:40

WereWolfH

THERE'S A FEMALE WEREWOLF IN TWILIGHT!!!! Okay that was cool and new!!! (well maybe not new but...)

again for me I don't know if it's the fascination with wolves but the wolves storyline did it for me. A ++++. The fight scenes were awesome. You know they did a poll that said more guys are seeing this movie. (which I can see why they've added more stuff for guys and they took out much of the girly stuff. Not enough though in my opinion though.)

I didn't read teh book, so of course I nodded off and then was hyper awake when the action happened. I thought the redhead needed more of a role maybe some crying and cursing or some more dialogue. I'd have preferred the other girl, she was scary. Like old school parent that just looks at you and you know you better straighten up/stop the misbehaving real quick. Yeah I might see this again for the werewolves. This movie showed how BIG they were. I think the size of a horse. I ddint' pick that up as much in the 2nd movie as I did in this one. I give this an A-- b/c the lovey dovey was too much and I hattteeddd when they repeated the sammmmeee lines. (I love you, I love yooouuu) next scene (I lovee you, I loveee youuuu).

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#109 2010-07-11 20:32:17

WolfMontana

Reptile wrote:

Yeah, but saying Eclipse is the best of the Twilight films is like saying that being shot point blank with a rocket launcher is the best possible way to die out of the choices of that or being stabbed in the face with a flaming pitchfork or being impaled through the neck with a chainsaw while being forced to watch Catwoman.

Ha! Nailed it in one. lol

I was beginning to think the world had gone crazy. Why is anyone even WATCHING these fricking pathetic excuses for movies?

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#110 2010-07-12 09:19:50

zockereinstein

WolfMontana wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Yeah, but saying Eclipse is the best of the Twilight films is like saying that being shot point blank with a rocket launcher is the best possible way to die out of the choices of that or being stabbed in the face with a flaming pitchfork or being impaled through the neck with a chainsaw while being forced to watch Catwoman.

Ha! Nailed it in one. lol

I was beginning to think the world had gone crazy. Why is anyone even WATCHING these fricking pathetic excuses for movies?

Well, perhaps they are... this last movie has been the least profitable of the all three. We are going on the right way wink

#111 2010-07-12 16:38:22

Daninsky
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

Why is anyone even WATCHING these fricking pathetic excuses for movies?

My best guess? Because they like them. wink

#112 2010-07-12 16:49:32

WereWolfH

I second that reason! smile

Besides, out of all the movies that I was looking forward to seeing Eclipse has been one of the best. Airbender had the right idea but some stuff needed redrafting. Okay so on this one I started to dozeeeee again, but everytime I was about to fall asleep an action scene would wake me up. Yeah so I liked the action scenes and come on the WEREWOLVES looked GREAT (okay so they were oversized wolves. My favorite scene was when they were on patrol and the wolves relieved the vampires from their post. They were scary looking but very very awesome looking and magnificent. I might buy a wolf for outside just because of that. yeah definitely buying this one, but i know I can just forward through the love stuff.

#113 2010-07-12 21:28:06

WolfMontana

Daninsky wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

Then they need better meds! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#114 2010-07-13 05:56:08

Toreador82

WolfMontana wrote:

Daninsky wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

Then they need better meds! big_smile

*scampers and hides now?* I admittedly saw the film with my sister. I did like it at one time.  One of the key things I hate is choosing a *shudders* sparkly vampire, or vampire period over a werewolf.  Ick! I'd rather be hot than frigid.

We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren't acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst."
-William Hill
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

#115 2010-07-13 10:45:26

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I managed to suffer 35 minutes of this movie before I remembered a wall nearby that had been recently painted. It looked like a safer, more entertaining time waste to watch it.

By the looks Eclipse is 111 minutes of pure, unadulterated horrible.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#116 2010-07-15 22:33:47

KidWerewolf36

ShadyHowl wrote:

I managed to suffer 35 minutes of this movie before I remembered a wall nearby that had been recently painted. It looked like a safer, more entertaining time waste to watch it.

By the looks Eclipse is 111 minutes of pure, unadulterated horrible.

you didn't seeeeee the movie. This is the best for guys to see. I've seen it 3 times now. Sorry but it's cool. The fight scenes are cool the dumb trio drama sucks but the action makes up for it. CG's gotten wayyyyy better.

yeah definitely buying on dvd.

#117 2010-07-16 15:48:39

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I saaaaaaw enough to see that it sucked. CGI does not save crappy plot and poor acting.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#118 2010-07-16 22:12:08

Reptile

ShadyHowl wrote:

I saaaaaaw enough to see that it sucked. CGI does not save crappy plot and poor acting.

This. I'm also excommunicating it from my personal list of werewolf movies.

So in other totally not related to werewolf movie news Predators disappointing in the extreme, it was a sad day for Reptile my friends.

#119 2010-07-17 06:53:38

wolfblood17

Predator looks bloody/gory awesome!

And ShadyHowl is right.  Seriously, vampires who break into stone, absolutely no blood in them?????????????  Then why drink blood if none of it's in their bodies?

But were you expecting a complex, new plot to Predators?  Don't folks, it'll ruin your time, just be glad you aren't facing one of the Predators and have a good bloody time.

P.S.- I had to sit through the whole thing.... hmm

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-07-17 06:56:27)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#120 2010-07-17 10:03:43

Daninsky
Website

wolfblood17 wrote:

Then why drink blood if none of it's in their bodies?

I think you anwered your own question there. big_smile

But seriously, you wonder about Vampires turning to stone but advise people to ignore the plotholes in Predators and just enjoy the show?
Does that strike only me as ironic. smile

Last edited by Daninsky (2010-07-17 10:06:15)

#121 2010-07-17 20:37:49

Reptile

[Spoilers]

It's not the plot that got me about Predators, the script and the storyline are actually pretty good. The actors are good, the special effects are all excellent. But the pacing is just so screwy and the score is really weak. They essentially copy pasted the score from Predator and used it at completely inappropriate moments. I love the Predator theme but like all music it needs to be used competently and in a way that fits the damn scene, otherwise it throws the whole scene off. It's just that the movie felt like it was trying way to hard to outdo the original Predator rather than complementing and expanding on that film and I found that to be off-putting. Robert Rodriguez brought in his own "newer, deadlier breed" of BLACK SUPA PREDATAS! and there's a scene where one of the classic Predators from the first two movies comes down and gets its ass kicked by the BLACK SUPA PREDATA!. It felt like something I'd find in a fanfic than a proper Predator film.

I don't know, it was competently made and it had its moments. Like when the Tusked Predator made Lawerence Fishburne explode. It didn't feel like a complete waste of time, unlike Eclipse which felt like 180 minutes of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson jawing woodenly at each other about things I didn't care about.

#122 2010-07-18 06:03:28

Daninsky
Website

Reptile wrote:

I don't know, it was competently made and it had its moments. Like when the Tusked Predator made Lawerence Fishburne explode. It didn't feel like a complete waste of time, unlike Eclipse which felt like 180 minutes of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson jawing woodenly at each other about things I didn't care about.

Ah well, that was to expect from that movie, can hardly fault it to live up to the rest of the series.

#123 2010-07-18 15:18:33

Reptile

Daninsky wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Ah well, that was to expect from that movie, can hardly fault it to live up to the rest of the series.

Yeah but a lot of people are saying this is the best of the Twilight films and honestly the only notable difference between this film and the others is more expensive action set pieces.

#124 2010-07-21 15:12:07

WereWolfH

Reptile wrote:

Daninsky wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Yeah but a lot of people are saying this is the best of the Twilight films and honestly the only notable difference between this film and the others is more expensive action set pieces.

yeah don't know what's gonna happen for boko 4 since the villian is dead.

(Sorry off forum topic) So do I need to skip seeing Predators? The look of the Predators are different? that sucks

#125 2010-07-21 15:26:18

Reptile

WereWolfH wrote:

yeah don't know what's gonna happen for boko 4 since the villian is dead.

[Spoilers]

Book four in a nutshell: Edward's demon spawn explodes Bella's uterus, Jacob falls in love with aforementioned womb exploding devil child, Bella gets super powers, the Volturi want to kill demon spawn, Alice gathers a vampire army to fight the Volturi, the Cullens and the Volturi talk for a few pages, then the Volturi run away. Book ends.

(Sorry off forum topic) So do I need to skip seeing Predators? The look of the Predators are different? that sucks

I would suggest renting it.

Board footer