The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-13 14:41:16

W0lfen

SUPPORTERS, gather with me on this one (IMPORTANT: The Wolfman (2010)

PLEASE, don't close this thread. I know that there is a thread about 'The Wolfman' already, but we need this thread visible. I'll tell you why.

I and another fan of the new Wolfman movie have tried to hype this production on IMDB (my ID there is "vedran_maras" and his is "bleedingkiri"). Personally, I have managed to
persuade approximately TWELVE people via Facebook to see the movie. I have seen the movie twice (and I'm gonna see it tomorrow again since I want to contribute to the success).
Moreover, I and "bleedingkiri" have managed to get some great fan responses regarding the new installment of the Wolfman saga, and "bleedingkiri" is about to send a message to
Joe Johnston or his agent. What we want is all of you to write something about the movie in this thread so that we can gather it and attach fan responses to the mail. We CRAVE more
werewolves on the big screen, and a sequel to The Wolfman would be the best thing ever. This website has the ultimate forum for fan responses, so please, express your feelings.

Benicio Del Toro says that there might be a sequel if fans want it. So push for it! PLEASE!

Here's the interview and you can hear his statement regarding a potential sequel (towards the end of the clip).

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=30755

Last edited by W0lfen (2010-02-13 15:43:23)

What need for the shepherd when the wolves have all gone...

#2 2010-02-13 16:53:22

Delta Wolfman

Re: SUPPORTERS, gather with me on this one (IMPORTANT: The Wolfman (2010)

I'll take a sequel.

More of this werewolf story, the better.

#3 2010-02-13 18:40:13

W0lfen

Delta Wolfman wrote:

I'll take a sequel.

More of this werewolf story, the better.

Great, thanks. That counts. Now we need more posts in this thread so we can prove to Mr. Johnston and Universal that this movie
is appreciated.

#4 2010-02-13 19:02:00

SouthPaw

Count me in for a sequel.

#5 2010-02-13 19:07:52

Dinobat

I fully support this course of action.

Though I would like to see a prequel about Sir John Talbot. He was my favorite character in the film.

"Sorry Colonel, I meant to shoot you. I'm not the marksman I used to be, I must be getting old."

#6 2010-02-13 19:28:50

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

*yay! found it*

I could just link you back to my post on the Wolfman topic to rant about my love for this movie xD
PFFFF... I'll just quote myself:
"SEQUEL NEEDS TO BE MADE!! Loving Lawrence Talbot, a remake of Wolfman Meets Frankenstein would be AWESOME for that means he'll have to come back!
I know for certain I'm already going to get the soundtrack next I go shopping and of course DVD (when released)."

Thanks for making this topic! Let's hope it shows enough of our love for this film for a sequel! ;D

Last edited by Roi Doberwolf (2010-02-13 19:29:35)

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#7 2010-02-13 19:54:48

W0lfen

Thanks guys! We're attaching all fan responses!

#8 2010-02-13 23:50:32

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

A sequel? Most definitely!

I found the mixture of solid costume and CGI affects to be exceptional. Probably the best werewolf in film ever created. Some have said that the tale moved too fast paced, however, I found that really added to the film and to slow it down some would not have done well. So well done there. Also I see great potential in a sequel with Aberline (sic).

Simply Fantastic! big_smile

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#9 2010-02-13 23:50:53

ArcLight
Website

Bring it on. I'll go see as many of them as they want to make.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#10 2010-02-14 13:51:05

W0lfen

Guys! Interesting NEWS!

= Worldwide:  $51,627,000  (in three days!). Budget was that of $85 million. This is looking great!

#11 2010-02-14 23:15:15

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

Excellent news W0lfen! And I'm proud to say I've done my part. Already talked a possible four people (and myself again) to seeing it! >8D

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

#12 2010-02-15 09:53:04

WerewolfImmortal

W0lfen wrote:

PLEASE, don't close this thread. I know that there is a thread about 'The Wolfman' already, but we need this thread visible. I'll tell you why.

I and another fan of the new Wolfman movie have tried to hype this production on IMDB (my ID there is "vedran_maras" and his is "bleedingkiri"). Personally, I have managed to
persuade approximately TWELVE people via Facebook to see the movie. I have seen the movie twice (and I'm gonna see it tomorrow again since I want to contribute to the success).
Moreover, I and "bleedingkiri" have managed to get some great fan responses regarding the new installment of the Wolfman saga, and "bleedingkiri" is about to send a message to
Joe Johnston or his agent. What we want is all of you to write something about the movie in this thread so that we can gather it and attach fan responses to the mail. We CRAVE more
werewolves on the big screen, and a sequel to The Wolfman would be the best thing ever. This website has the ultimate forum for fan responses, so please, express your feelings.

Benicio Del Toro says that there might be a sequel if fans want it. So push for it! PLEASE!

Here's the interview and you can hear his statement regarding a potential sequel (towards the end of the clip).

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=30755

mORE people are going to need to comment not the same three posting over and over. I hope there's a sequel but everyoen's gonna have to watch this movie more than once b/c usually sequels need to dooooooo a lot more than the production (85 mll) and marketing costs. So I think it needs to get to 120 mill, unless everyone's willing to do a sequel b/c they like it. Now Twilight Saga has done REALLY WEll. It cost what 50 million and is on it's way to making 800 million from theater sales. Adn dvd sales will be high also, so yeah everyone should watch this, I brought my friends to see Twilight and then I saw it twice again with my cousin.

#13 2010-02-15 12:42:50

mrRW

I think a Hugo Weaving sequel could be interesting as Abberline ends up staring at the moon with Sir John's cane  in hand at the end of the flim.  It was not really clear whether or not his injury was from one of the werewolfs but something to keep an eye on. 

I also share Dinobat's enthusiasm for Sir John's character and think a prequel of that nature could be interesting.

Last edited by mrRW (2010-02-15 13:06:50)

#14 2010-02-15 21:42:48

choondooga

Sequel me, baby. We need some good movies.

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#15 2010-02-16 07:43:35

WolfMontana

mrRW wrote:

I think a Hugo Weaving sequel could be interesting as Abberline ends up staring at the moon with Sir John's cane  in hand at the end of the flim.  It was not really clear whether or not his injury was from one of the werewolfs but something to keep an eye on.

o.O His injury was definitely from a werewolf - from THE Wolfman actually. It happened in the library.

(with a wrench)
(but no Col. Mustard)

But I'm totally with you for a Hugo Weaving sequel. smile He did a brilliant job in the film.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#16 2010-02-16 08:14:47

Berserker

I would only endorse a sequel if the script actually gives the actors something to work with, if the gothic atmosphere of the narrative doesn't get interrupted by jarring B-movie slasher nonsense, and if terribly fake looking CGI doesn't get tacked-on in reshoots.

Our Marcuse, only better.

#17 2010-02-16 11:18:27

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

mORE people are going to need to comment not the same three posting over and over. I hope there's a sequel but everyoen's gonna have to watch this movie more than once b/c usually sequels need to dooooooo a lot more than the production (85 mll) and marketing costs. So I think it needs to get to 120 mill, unless everyone's willing to do a sequel b/c they like it. Now Twilight Saga has done REALLY WEll. It cost what 50 million and is on it's way to making 800 million from theater sales. Adn dvd sales will be high also, so yeah everyone should watch this, I brought my friends to see Twilight and then I saw it twice again with my cousin.

Ugh. You again? There's a 'New Moon' topic for twilight, keep it there.
Granted I agree that more than three people need to post here (not repeatedly),
but if you don't have something to support The new Wolfman movie, then stay out of the topic.

*frankly I don' care if I sound like an ass on this -.-*

#18 2010-02-16 17:27:19

WerewolfImmortal

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

but if you don't have something to support The new Wolfman movie, then stay out of the topic.

Ummm, you're posting using the wrong username. Sign on to your other names if you don't want everyone to know you all are the same lame person! What I said was meant to help. Only insecure people would resort to name calling especially when the conversation wasn't about them. Oh wait it was, b/c you are using MULTIPLE USERNAMES!!!!!! Oh wow did you create this forum using another name? wowwwwwww

#19 2010-02-17 00:01:10

HazzyRap

Indeed, I loved this movie to bloody pieces. It's the kind of flick that grows on you even more after you've left the theater. I'd see it again if it wasn't for our local movie prices. (Good Christ...) I'm REALLY hoping for a sequel, though I love Del Toro's character the most and would rather see him then Weaving. I would like to see them make that happen somehow. I DO want to see Weaving again, too. I think it could be great, I'm not content for it to end where it did! LOL...

#20 2010-02-17 11:24:49

The Busboy
Administrator

I saw it on Friday (opening night) and I'll get the DVD when it comes out.  It would be cool if more werewolf movies like it came out in the future.

#21 2010-02-22 20:43:42

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Ummm, you're posting using the wrong username. Sign on to your other names if you don't want everyone to know you all are the same lame person! What I said was meant to help. Only insecure people would resort to name calling especially when the conversation wasn't about them. Oh wait it was, b/c you are using MULTIPLE USERNAMES!!!!!! Oh wow did you create this forum using another name? wowwwwwww

Are we past this now? You have to admit there are more people than you prefer who dislike twilight, and vise-versa. I'm just me. I have ONE account.
And I voiced my opinion, and would prefer you not bash me so we may get on with our own fandoms.

#22 2010-02-28 08:46:09

Werecat
Website

According to Box Office Mojo, The Wolfman has now made $100,945,000 worldwide. I would love to see a sequel with the Inspector - that or a prequel involving Sir John Talbot, they were my favorites of the movie. xD

#23 2010-02-28 08:51:40

Daninsky
Website

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

"SEQUEL NEEDS TO BE MADE!! Loving Lawrence Talbot, a remake of Wolfman Meets Frankenstein would be AWESOME ... !

QFT! smile

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#24 2010-02-28 10:12:38

Rogue
Lunatic

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

WerewolfImmortal wrote:

Roi Doberwolf wrote:

Are we past this now? You have to admit there are more people than you prefer who dislike twilight, and vise-versa. I'm just me. I have ONE account.
And I voiced my opinion, and would prefer you not bash me so we may get on with our own fandoms.

I think that she thinks every single person who has said that they do not like Twilight is me/you/several others who are apparently one person. XD

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#25 2010-02-28 10:15:46

Rogue
Lunatic

We (and by "we" I mean someone less lazy than myself) should start a petition and get a bajillion people to sign it. Then we can do whatever you do with petitions . . . And get a second Wolfman! YEAH!

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

Board footer