The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-20 21:41:57

Viergacht

The Wolf Man ripped off New Moon!

Liek, OMG!!!!11111111

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-l … #idc-cover

To whom this may concern:

This movie was a complete waste and I feel that it offends ALL Twilight Fans around the world, that including myself. For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon. It gives the werewolves a bad name and makes them look like some deformed mutation of a rabid dog. I actually started to like werewolves after seeing Jacob Black and all his awesomeness on the big screen at the movies. That was until I saw your crappy remake of what you call to be a "were wolf". I don't see how you live with yourself for making it the way you did. If I made this movie, I would be ashamed to even admit that I owned it. How can a werewolf be killed with a silver bullet? Better yet, have you saw the transformation of the man that is "supposed" to be the wolf? He sits in some chair and his entire body turns in to some mutated freak. If you would watch the transformation of Jacob Black, (Taylor Lautner) he doesn't come close to looking as fake, cheap and or mutated as the wolf man.  You tell me, who looks to be the better werewolf. Your stupid Wolf Movie didn't even make the top Movie for the charts; Valentines Day WITH TAYLOR Lautner! Get that this is MY oppinion and I felt I wanted to express it because I saw that your email was on your site. I wanted to let you know this is what i thought of the wolf man that sucks.
FREAKIN LAUTNER DID!

The Poser of who could never be even if they tried : " Aka : Rabid poser Werewolf  "The Wolf Man"

. . . I don't know whether to laugh or crack my head open on the desk. I HOPE this is a troll.

#2 2010-02-21 03:24:00

Delta Wolfman

Re: The Wolf Man ripped off New Moon!

http://images.chron.com/blogs/keepthefaith/scream.jpg

#3 2010-02-21 04:48:13

zockereinstein

It is a representative image of the Twilight lovers way of thinking. Did you expect something different?
But well, he has received some "correctives"... look at the comments smile.

#4 2010-02-21 08:00:54

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

It must be a troll. Either that or WerewolfImmortal armed with a spellchecker.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#5 2010-02-21 11:40:41

Daninsky
Website

Hey, everybody has a right to his or her opinion, how ever wrong it may be. smile

ShadyHowl wrote:

Either that or WerewolfImmortal armed with a spellchecker.

Lovers quarrel, too cute, get a room you two. wink

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#6 2010-02-21 11:51:59

bdk336
Website

You forgot to include the bottom part. I find this the funniest bit.

Regards:  Kayla Patterson (kayla----@-----.com) Feel free to reply

Hey Universal, you just got PWNED. That's what you get for making a werewolf movie that clearly rips off Twilight. Everyone knows that Stephenie Meyer created werewolves, and now you hacks have been exposed! Good luck defending yourselves in court!!

Stop Universal's ripoff of Twilight films by e-mailing: george@latinoreview.com

#7 2010-02-21 20:51:54

lunescence

Thank you Delta Wolfman. I must keep the twhy-wolves (as in why?) outside my scope of werewolves. Though truly: werewolf, wolfman, lycanthrope and wolf shapeshifter can be interchanged... the Native American shirtless typeare not NEARLY as awesome nor interesting as the Wolfman concept.

You dear sir/miss, have it backwards!!! (dumb butt)

#8 2010-02-21 20:52:40

lunescence

No.....wait what. Just caught that. Stephanie....Meyers... CREATED WEREWOLVES?

Dear Jeebus no...

#9 2010-02-21 22:57:53

WerewolfImmortal

ShadyHowl wrote:

It must be a troll. Either that or WerewolfImmortal armed with a spellchecker.

Listen Choondooga you're pathetic for mentioning me. I didn't realize I was THAT IMPORTANT. (Well I did, but I have to be humble you know. smile).

I wasn't even gonna respond to this thread b/c I thought it was silly and wanting to divide werewolf fans Twilighters vs. other werewolf movies and that's just dumb and people I won't meniton are dumb for not accepting the fact that Twilight's greenlighted and sped up a lot of werewolf movies. New Moon's at 700+ million at the box office by the way and it was number one a lot of weeks. Anyway, I mostly disagree with the author. Personally I think it's a fabrication (Shadyhowl, fabrication means the story's a fraud, made up, etc) probably made by someone on here or something.

Honestly I only agree with a few of his statements. 1) Wolfman's not offensive to me, I know my history of werewolves. So respect to the original Wolfman. 2)"It gives the werewolves a bad name and makes them look like some deformed mutation of a rabid dog." I agree I didn't particularly like the look of the Wolfman. It gives werewolves a partly bad name but werewolves started out bad just like vampires. So it's not relevant. Any publicity is good publicity. 3) Okay honestly I don't like remakes. This probably would have gotten more respect and box office sales if it was a new film inspired by the original Wolf Man storyline using different names and stuff instead of just updating Wolfman. It wasn't as bad as that We ARe the World remake or the Prom night movie remake though.

Okay tata gotta go to school

Oh and Shadyhowl this song is for you babe! smile It's totally you and your other screen names. XOXO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Yt0xJKDY8

#10 2010-02-22 11:12:21

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

*lol* what a great lulzcow.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#11 2010-02-22 12:02:41

WerewolfImmortal

smile haha, knew you'd like it.

#12 2010-03-01 22:00:04

Gangrel1231

Alright dont get me wrong i love the twilight series but that is why i must say this. All you people that keep saying that the pack from the twilight series are werewolves must not be true fans cuz that means you havent read all the books cuz if you read the last book to the end you would find out that they are not werewolves. THEY ARE SHAPESHIFTERS!!! So if your gonna b**** and moan and try and say that the wolfman copied off of new moon when the original was out WAY before twilight was even being thought of. Then atleast get your facts straight.

#13 2010-03-01 22:53:11

Viergacht

Gangrel1231 wrote:

Alright dont get me wrong i love the twilight series but that is why i must say this. All you people that keep saying that the pack from the twilight series are werewolves must not be true fans cuz that means you havent read all the books cuz if you read the last book to the end you would find out that they are not werewolves. THEY ARE SHAPESHIFTERS!!! So if your gonna b**** and moan and try and say that the wolfman copied off of new moon when the original was out WAY before twilight was even being thought of. Then atleast get your facts straight.

Wait, how is a guy who turns into a wolf not a werewolf?

#14 2010-03-03 10:07:04

Rogue
Lunatic

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#15 2010-03-03 12:10:50

bdk336
Website

Viergacht wrote:

Gangrel1231 wrote:

Wait, how is a guy who turns into a wolf not a werewolf?

To restate this, even if you don't define them as werewolves, it's still the same idea so you can apply the term to them. Don't get caught up on the words people use to talk about something. Also who said that we were all twilight fans?

#16 2010-03-03 16:57:23

WereWolfH

Gangrel1231 wrote:

If you say this then you're saying that Underworld's creatures weren't werewolves. (They specifically called them lycans b/c the term "werewolf" at that point was like the plague and hollywood was staying away from that.) And a werewolf is a lycan which is also under the general category of shapeshifter. Shapeshifter is one that shifts into something else. As far as Twilight, don't quote me, but I think all the old old books depicted werewolves looking moreso like wolves, gian wolves (human size or at least when they bit into the person in the picture that were the size of that human.) It's a stupid article though. What the h#ll that original wolfman came out in 1941 or something.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#17 2010-03-03 19:18:47

Rogue
Lunatic

Gangrel1231 wrote:

*hugs*

I like you. Even if you use bizarre speech. You seem like a pretty smart girl. At least I assume you are girl - correct me if I'm wrong!

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#18 2010-03-18 16:49:54

Devi Viper

Made. My. Day.

"Childhood is short and maturity is forever."
         hoooooowwwwwwwllllll...

#19 2010-03-18 21:06:41

WereWolfH

Well, they're being promoted as werewolves and I'm gonna take it b/c I haven't seen this much werewolf stuff in a while. As I mentioned in another post (magazines) in Horror Hound there's a listing of all the werewolf movies that have done really well or I should say are known. Twilight's on the list with American Werewolf in London I think as the four legged kinds of werewolves. (Or they might be under the wolf type of werewolves with Blood and Chocolate and that 80s werewolf movie where the wolves run the streets at night)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#20 2010-03-21 14:54:26

Devi Viper

Now would be a good time for the troll who wrote that review to play the rick roll.
Just saying.

"Childhood is short and maturity is forever."
         hoooooowwwwwwwllllll...

#21 2010-03-21 23:12:11

Skin_Walker
Website

For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon.

the wolf pack? what? a dude with his shirt off turning into a giant fox half way through what seems to be a shite book as well as a movie. the wolfman isn't as good as the 50's version, but its better than anything edward and co. can do. anything is better than edward the genie vampire.

to overcome fear, you must become fear
as the sun reflects off the moon, the sheer sound of darkness
will not overpower our journey to hunt, to fight, to perservere
as our strength is kept alive by never giving in

#22 2010-03-23 08:27:14

alphanubilus

Skin_Walker wrote:

For one, it was a COMPLETE remaking of the Wolf Pack from the Twilight Saga: New Moon.

the wolf pack? what? a dude with his shirt off turning into a giant fox half way through what seems to be a shite book as well as a movie. the wolfman isn't as good as the 50's version, but its better than anything edward and co. can do. anything is better than edward the genie vampire.

Um... The Wolf Man was made in 1941... not the 1950's... New Moon, unfortunately had better production values this time around than the new "Wolfman". It had a lot of promise but failed, but story wise and commercially.

#23 2010-03-27 20:10:51

WerewolfImmortal

<Clapping hands> Well said.

#24 2010-04-14 08:18:09

Rainbow BeerWolf

This has to be a joke. I feel sorry for the bloke playing Taylor. He must cry himself to sleep every night.

What the hell is with people and thinking Meyer invented all these things? She should read Sherilyn Kenyon and all those other paranormal authors. All of them write about the same thing, anyway (plus unnecessary sex all through the books in LKH and others), except all of them have more imagination than Meyer and most came before Meyer. That kind of shifter is NOT at all unique. It's cliche in our world.

I'm picturing a pale, drawn girl coming out of the darkness, realising werewolves and shifters are all over the internet, in a million books, and film/television...her face lights up with shock...oh my goodness! There's a whole world out there that IS NOT STEPHENIE MEYER! Shock horror! Faint!

Last edited by Rainbow BeerWolf (2010-04-14 08:21:37)

"I never realised the Deptartment of Agriculture was interested in National Security. Do you have like, undercover cows?" - John Corey (Nelson Demille)

Board footer