The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-22 01:59:34

Acadia13

Teeth??? Awakening?

Ok The title sounds...interesting haha. But I was just wondering what is the basic age range to awakening, knowing for sure you are a Therian? I have a hunch that I may be getting closer to it if I actually am a Therian. I'm not assuming I am yet though as you can tell smile Don't count your chickens before they hatch... or something like that haha. But I was still wondering because I just turned 13 on like January 13th and I've noticed that my canine teeth have become more dominant. Such as if I'm just looking at you you can see them clearly going past the rest of my teeth. Now I don't have any clue if teeth grow normally or if it has anything to do with braces since I'm not a dentist or anything. But I'd just like to know because if it is something then it would be pretty exciting! I haven't tried toe meditate or attempt p-shifting for a while since the first few times were epic fails haha. But If I try them now do you think by some weird chance I could try it again and maybe get some sort of result. Maybe my teeth becoming sharper or my ears to grow slightly longer in that time? As I said I don't really feel I am very educated in any of this so I would love if I had people who know what they are talking about inform me haha. Thanks everyone!

-Acadia

"I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, one as hateful as the other..."

"This is my world. These are my people. They believe in prophecies and destiny, I believe we make our own."

#2 2010-02-22 02:19:09

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Re: Teeth??? Awakening?

14 or 15 is the normal awakening age...honestly im not sure that meditating will have anything to do with it....

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#3 2010-02-22 02:20:21

Acadia13

oh the meditating was a long time ago haha so I sort of ruled that one out too, but I was just wondering 'bout it cause I'm weird that way and Thanks!

"I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, one as hateful as the other..."

"This is my world. These are my people. They believe in prophecies and destiny, I believe we make our own."

#4 2010-02-22 04:23:54

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

no problem...although im not the most experienced person on the forum so just wait and see what everyone else has to say big_smile

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#5 2010-02-22 07:13:17

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Long answer: There isn't really an 'awakening' age because therians are people who have been therians all their lives. There's a 'discovering therianthropy and going, wow, that sounds like me' phase, which different people go through at different times. I didn't even hear about therianthropy until I was nearly 20, and my entire personality and inner feelings suddenly made sense. Generally speaking, Lupus you can think what you want but I don't think anybody can know for definite that they are a therian until they are done with puberty. Fact of the matter is, when you are 12 through 17 or 18, your personality is not fully formed and any real indications that you are a therian are hard to discern because many younger people may put down the simple facts of their body changing to therianthropy, when it isn't. (Which, no offence Acadia, but that's what you sound like to me). In my view, it would be better for all such teenagers to just monitor their inner feelings over the next few years, and once they're a little older it would become more obvious to them whether they were therian or not. But the teenage years are a delicate period, and it's important to realise that therianthropy isn't something you 'pick' because it 'sounds cool' but it's a way you would have always, to a greater or lesser extent, been.

Short answer, Acadia, your teeth will not have anything to do with whether you're a therian or not, and there is no obvious 'awakening' period.

Mods: please move this to the therianthropy section.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#6 2010-02-22 13:01:38

Viergacht

Despite what Teen Wolf and Ginger Snaps may teach you, the changes in facial structure due to puberty do not mean you're a werewolf.

#7 2010-02-22 16:00:29

Acadia13

Thanks guys! Yeah I was sort of thinking that you would fully know when puberty is just about done, but I didn't wanna come off like a genius or something. And ShadyHowl it now makes a little more sense. When I read about Therians and with me being so curious I googled it and read reports of supposed "Therians", when I read them it made me like open up to things a little more and think into my past and realized how in touch with canines or wolves more specifically I was. And I sort of noticed how I had acted much like a canine would when in high intense situations that made me overly stressed, worried, angered, etc. And about the teeth I don't know if what I was trying to get across came out the right way. I noticed the change in the length of my teeth after I attempted to p-shift. I just relaxed and pictured me changing into a wolf and other forms and ways that could help me get an end result.

#8 2010-02-22 16:05:09

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

At least you seem sensible, Acadia smile. Most of the pubescent people I try to tell that to retort with "screw you, I'm a werewolf!"

And hey, if you fell that inner connection with wolves then sure, there's a chance that you are a therian. But I'd say you probably can't tell for sure just yet. Give it a few more years' reflection and see if it still feels the same.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2010-02-22 16:05:37)

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#9 2010-02-22 20:38:37

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

yeah they can get anoying *runs fingers through heair* but you need to know how to talk to them...damn its hot here...Acadia stick arround you never know what you might find interesting big_smile

Lupus

#10 2010-02-22 22:14:48

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

First of all, Therianthropy in the Therianthropy section.  Second of all, No, teeth have nothing to do with it.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2010-02-23 00:12:52

WolfVanZandt
Website

My teeth used to awaken but my last series of visits to the dentist took care of that. They all sleep peacefully now.

smile

#12 2010-02-23 01:38:06

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

SherlawkDragon wrote:

First of all, Therianthropy in the Therianthropy section.  Second of all, No, teeth have nothing to do with it.

uhh thats already been stated....

WolfVanZandt wrote:

My teeth used to awaken but my last series of visits to the dentist took care of that. They all sleep peacefully now.

lolz big_smile

Lupus

#13 2010-02-26 01:02:05

Acadia13

haha *runs fingers through hair* yup haha and thanks again guys! And sorry for putting it in the wrong place, haha I don't know my way around here anymore! xD

#14 2010-02-26 02:51:52

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Acadia13 wrote:

*runs fingers through hair*

I notice that you do this.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#15 2010-02-26 13:51:38

Acadia13

what is that supposed to mean? haha

#16 2010-02-27 05:16:39

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...a lot of people do it.... they just dont seem to realise it most of the time...i am curiouse to what you are trying to get at though Sherlawk

Lupus

#17 2010-02-27 11:59:11

Acadia13

Ya I know...I'm trying to figure that out too...? hmm

#18 2010-02-27 18:22:17

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz big_smile

Lupus

#19 2010-02-28 00:47:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

>:|

#20 2010-02-28 04:02:10

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

what??...by the way what did you mean by that??

Lupus

#21 2010-02-28 13:36:21

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

It meant what I say it meant. >:|

#22 2010-02-28 20:32:00

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...ok??...we just didnt understand if you had some underlying reason to take notice of it smile

Lupus

#23 2010-03-01 00:48:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

You ever seen a movie where someone is always fidgeting with their hair and saying "haha" when nothing funny has occurred - it's very attention grabbing.

#24 2010-03-01 16:37:43

Acadia13

quite frequently actually, its quite strange actually.

#25 2010-03-01 19:06:04

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

So am I. >:|

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-03-01 19:06:10)

Board footer