The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-03-01 20:38:58

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

Re: Teeth??? Awakening?

WolfVanZandt wrote:

You ever seen a movie where someone is always fidgeting with their hair and saying "haha" when nothing funny has occurred - it's very attention grabbing.

yeah it is but thats normaly because they are nervouse....me i just have a habit of running my fingers through my hair...

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#27 2010-03-02 03:21:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

You know, it's very common that the person with a nervous habit doesn't realize that it's a nervous habit. Crime profilers and empaths pick up on things that people do that broadcast their emotional state without their knowing what they're doing. If they knew what they were broadcasting, they usually wouldn't do it because it gives things away that they're trying to keep secret. The hair and "Haha" things are very attractive to predators. It triggers something off.......

There is no such thing as "just a habit". Every habit has a cause. What do you think the basis of your hair brushing and Hahaing is? It can't be "just" - that's not allowed. Nature abhors a "just" almost as muchh as it does a vacuum.

#28 2010-03-02 16:42:45

Acadia13

That makes a lot of sense actually if you think about it. I still am not sure as to where this conversation is going tho hmm

"I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, one as hateful as the other..."

"This is my world. These are my people. They believe in prophecies and destiny, I believe we make our own."

#29 2010-03-03 00:38:18

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

yeah..i have reasons for everything  i do...and then it becomes a habbit to do it when that situation occures...my hair at this point in  time is  longer then  normal...and when that  happens i tend to run my fingers through my hair to get it out of the way...or it might happen when i  am wipeing the sweat off my forhead...(its  like 25 degrees celcius here...with 80% humidity so it feels hot...)
i tend to know what i do and why i do it...that doesnt mean that it stops...unless i make a concerted effort to stop it...

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#30 2010-03-03 02:08:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

hmm....I'm not so sure that this conversation is going anywhere. It was just a little stroll around the garden.

#31 2010-03-03 02:31:40

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...right??....where would you like it to go??

Lupus

#32 2010-03-03 19:44:10

Acadia13

Where would I like it to go? Erm...no where I a concerned haha strolls are very nice indeed. smile

"I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, one as hateful as the other..."

"This is my world. These are my people. They believe in prophecies and destiny, I believe we make our own."

#33 2010-03-03 22:47:34

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz same here just wondering what hes talking about...

Lupus

#34 2010-03-04 00:42:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't really need it to go anywhere. It's fine right where it is.

#35 2010-03-04 04:22:43

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

ok...

Lupus

#36 2010-03-05 16:45:35

Acadia13

um, yeah we are all good

#37 2010-03-05 18:14:08

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz big_smile

Lupus

#38 2010-03-07 15:07:55

Acadia13

wow... this post got really off topic xD I love it

#39 2010-03-07 17:17:20

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Overusing ellipses makes me a bad-ass.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#40 2010-03-07 22:40:43

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz big_smile off topic SWEET big_smile

Lupus

#41 2010-03-08 10:59:34

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

*whoosh* comment flies over lupus' head. big_smile

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#42 2010-03-08 13:40:40

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

There's no need to be on topic, if I remember correctly, so why bother? >:|

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#43 2010-03-08 22:47:36

Acadia13

Um...sure Sherlawk? And as for lupus... I think its over mine too xD

#44 2010-03-09 02:04:50

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

He's saying that Lupus has a raging hard on for ellipses. >:|

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#45 2010-03-09 12:54:08

WerewolfLeaAnn

this is a bit off topic...
Anyways, meditation should still help, you are not trying the right type of meditation.
I talk about this all the time.
I myself didn't awake as a Therian until I was 14. That was two years ago. I've been here since then.
Here is  a post I done in another forum board. I wrote this because many many therians where asking about awakening and shifting. This will help with both.
"okay, i also have problems with shifting, (I am a Wolf Therian) but because i can't slow down enough to meditate like I should. If you meditate, though It will help. You need to get to know your inner self, your inner animal, to shift without so many problems, if you know him/her you'll better know what to expect. When you shift, be it physical, mental, phantom or whatever, you won't be as confused.

Confusion is a normal part in the Therian, and Otherkin Awakening.

Though, at least Its not as confusing as the vampire awakening.... (I know several psy- and saguine vampires, and I myself, am going through the psy-vampire awakening) and shifting is another confusing time.

The first time it happens, you may disoriented, confused and even afraid. Don't be. Embrace the change, whatever type it may be. The inner animal is a part of you, and you of it. You ARE the Animal.

If you change and have trouble with it, such as pain try this;

Make sure no one will bother you for a while, for at least an hour.

Make the space you'll being meditating comfortable so you won't be hot, or cold. distrated in any way. Make the place you'll be sitting comfortable. Play some music softly that makes you think of nature. Something that pertains to your inner self, if you know what that may be. If not, then... listen to nature music...

Light some insence, and breathe it in... now... close your eyes and concentrate on your inner animal. Chant "I am the animal, the Animal is me, we are the same, we are one" if you know what you are, replace with the type (IE Wolf, horse, monkey,etc...). Don't be scared if you feel changes, embrace them, encourage them. You may shift physically, or mentaly, phantom, etc... but, the pain won't be as bad... keep at it, and with practice you'll gain control.

The above may help with other shifting problems as well.

hope this helps!"

Someone, a good friend gave me similiar advice and so did several other Therians. Although it mentions shifting, its not just about that. its about finding you inner animal.

There are several forum boards for this sort of thing, like the Axiom, www.axiom.echoz.com , Baowulf's den http://baowulfsden.proboards.com are two good sites.
I am a member of both. (I go by LeaAnn at both)

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#46 2010-03-09 23:43:46

Acadia13

Why thank you smile That is actually great information! Thanks again! And i'll try this

#47 2010-03-14 00:20:05

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

..personaly i am slightly secptical in the use of meditation...so i dont realy seek it

Lupus

#48 2010-03-14 01:30:47

Acadia13

i suppose i would need the meditation...it might actually help sit and sit still for more than...oh...lets say 2 seconds lol

#49 2010-03-14 19:56:08

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz i am pretty layed back so it doesnt matter...

Lupus

#50 2010-03-18 21:35:04

Acadia13

lol your lucky then... I just love action... now that i have sprained my ankle I haven't been able to do like anything for weeks...it sucks majorly hmm

Board footer