The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-28 11:25:13

Darksilver

Rules of Calling/Howling

I'm a Therian living near Boston, and I've recently been howling to another Therian living in Vancouver. She was a very important member of my pack in a previous life, and I've been trying to get her attention. Yes, she does respond to my howls every time. Is it appropriate to call to another in this way to get his or her attention?

#2 2010-02-28 13:35:45

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Rules of Calling/Howling

Darksilver wrote:

I'm a Therian living near Boston, and I've recently been howling to another Therian living in Vancouver.

You know you could just use the phone...

Darksilver wrote:

She was a very important member of my pack in a previous life

Why do you say that?

Darksilver wrote:

Is it appropriate to call to another in this way to get his or her attention?

um... sure... it's not like there are unwritten rules about this.  If she's ok with it go ahead and do it...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#3 2010-02-28 14:20:39

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I'm surprised you guys hear each other, to be honest. Unless you mean something different by 'howling'.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#4 2010-02-28 15:46:49

Darksilver

You've never heard of it? You think of the person and imagine howling as loud as you can in your head. When you recieve one, it feels different from person to person. In my case, I feel a tightening of my muscles. Some others feel a sensation of sudden power inside them. Basically, when you call to another Lycan, it's mainly felt, not heard.

#5 2010-02-28 20:21:05

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

OK, practically all of that post kinda seemed like roleplaying - you do know that 'lycan' is a Hollywood term, right? And also, I'm a pretty strong wolf therian and to be honest I don't see why I would ever want to try and howl inside my head towards someone who probably wouldn't know either way if I was doing so or not. And even if anybody else I knew did so, I can't see why there'd be any rules about it. I just don't get you.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2010-02-28 20:22:27)

#6 2010-02-28 21:20:04

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

hav u tryd jumpin of a bilding????  i herd Lycoanz can FLY 2.....

Edit: Soz NEwayz:
I've heard of stuff like this before in the occult community, and I've never seen any proof that it's not just peoples imaginations.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-02-28 21:22:12)

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#7 2010-03-01 00:43:21

WolfVanZandt
Website

And it's rather fluffy......

#8 2010-03-01 20:39:53

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...fluffy??

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#9 2010-03-01 23:37:45

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yes.  Fluffy.  What this guy is talking about is reminiscent of a fantasy novel.
Not THAT fluffy though, as, like I said, this is actually something I've heard of from non-fluffy people.  So I'd disagree with VanZandt here: this concept isn't actually fluffy.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-03-01 23:39:16)

#10 2010-03-02 01:37:03

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

...ok big_smile

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#11 2010-03-02 03:15:01

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hey, I didn't say "fluffy", I said "rather fluffy." There are degrees of approach to fluffiness and this one wears platform shoes.

#12 2010-03-03 00:31:49

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

lolz big_smile

Lupus

#13 2010-03-15 23:16:21

Illeana_NightRain
Website

I've heard of stuff like that, but usually only amongst pack members. I'm a part of a pack in the area I live in (basically a bunch of us like minded wolfy people who function like a pack. *shrugs* It works for us) and there have been a few times where I've thought I heard a wolf howl and then one of my pack mates came to mind. I got a feeling that I needed to call her and check on her, so I picked up the phone and called her. She said she had just been out back howling because she was pretty pissed off about something that had happened at work. I chalked it up to coincidence even though I've had it happen a few times with different pack members and vice versa. It's not always that a literal howl is let out though but rather a strong feeling of wanting someone from the pack there. I'm not sure how to explain it or if I really even think it makes sense. I just know what I've experienced. Like I said, I pretty much just consider it really good timing that happens a lot. haha.

But yeah. I wouldn't see why there would be any rules against it unless she didn't want you to do it. But I do agree that using a phone might be easier and a little more effective.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#14 2010-03-16 07:48:11

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

That's pretty interesting. But I imagine the apparent telepathic effect doesn't happen too often.

#15 2010-03-16 13:37:46

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Naw. Not very often at all which is why I pretty much think that it's just a nifty coincidence.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#16 2010-03-22 01:54:54

WolfVanZandt
Website

I just got back from a Howl. One of my old friends and a lot of new Therians were there. We went on a long hike on Thursday and when SEHowlers hike, they tend to spread out a lot (pretty much like experienced hikers). When one comes to  a fork in the trail and the other is up ahead, we bark to find which fork to take. The bark carries well and conveys more information than a simple yell. If we want to add more information (For instance, "Are you all right?"), we howl or make other vocalizations. The old timers understand each other and the newer members are learning quickly.

#17 2010-03-22 05:04:34

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Oh, that's very interesting VanZandt, I need to go to howls this summer...

#18 2010-03-22 16:53:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

You should, indeed, go to howls. I've been saying that for a long time....

wink

#19 2010-03-23 00:15:44

LoupGarouAngel
Website

VanZandt! It has been much to long! smile
Glad you had a good time at the Howl, are there any set dates an locations for some coming up? I would love to attend one, especially if I could coordinate it with a potential road trip big_smile

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#20 2010-03-23 01:52:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

The only set date I know of is next year's Spring SEHowl. That's always the third week in March. If the Fall Howl (The Howl of the South) comes off again this year, it will probably be in October. There're Howls in the planning for North Carolina and Kentucky hosted by SEHowlers and I'll be at them if they take place. Best I can do is tell you to watch the Werelist Howl threads.

Board footer