The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2010-08-09 22:27:18

WereWolfH

Re: The Gates (tv show)

They Killed A Werewolf!!!!!!!!

Big Fight Is Supposed To Happen Next Week! Vamps Vs. Werewolves!

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#27 2010-08-11 07:57:13

Toreador82

I am sure the witch will eventually get her just desserts.  I look forward to that big fight, I really would love to see the blond witch get what is coming to her.  Alas, cannot get rid of a bad apple so soon.

We enjoy the night, the darkness, where we can do things that aren't acceptable in the light. Night is when we slake our thirst."
-William Hill
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

#28 2010-08-16 22:39:41

Reptile

So I saw the latest episode thanks to the glory of DVR, and I'm not impressed.

You know, if you're to cheap or worried about the fragile paradigms (Good monster= Zomg so Pretty!, Bad Monsters= Teh Ugleh! LOLLOLLOL!) of the shrieking teenage girls and sex starved housewives who watch your drivel to create a decent werewolf suit, why not ditch the werewolf idea altogether and go with werecreature we haven't seen yet? Like a bear? Werebears are awesome. It would be wonderful to see some bigger, stronger weres come in to kick some majestik wuffy butt.  In fact it'd actually be more interesting to see a werecreature vs werecreature hate fest. It'd give the wolves something to do other than get into another cock fight with vampires.

Oh yeah, it seems that vampires and werewolves hate each other. Again. For some reason. Because World of Darkness and Underworld did it I guess.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#29 2010-08-17 00:44:57

KidWerewolf36

Toreador82 wrote:

I am sure the witch will eventually get her just desserts.  I look forward to that big fight, I really would love to see the blond witch get what is coming to her.  Alas, cannot get rid of a bad apple so soon.

that blonde girl? I like her and if everyone did her wrong, then more power to her. Besides, you have vamps and werewolves, they could hurt you if you say something wrong, so she's protecting herself. But yeah she's gonna do something nasty. She stole that werewolf's eyeballs!!!!

Reptile wrote:

You know, if you're to cheap or worried about the fragile paradigms (Good monster= Zomg so Pretty!, Bad Monsters= Teh Ugleh! LOLLOLLOL!) of the shrieking teenage girls and sex starved housewives who watch your drivel to create a decent werewolf suit, why not ditch the werewolf idea altogether and go with werecreature we haven't seen yet? Like a bear? Werebears are awesome. It would be wonderful to see some bigger, stronger weres come in to kick some majestik wuffy butt.  In fact it'd actually be more interesting to see a werecreature vs werecreature hate fest. It'd give the wolves something to do other than get into another cock fight with vampires.

Oh yeah, it seems that vampires and werewolves hate each other. Again. For some reason. Because World of Darkness and Underworld did it I guess.

Ummmm sorry this is a good show. When has ANYONE made a decent werewolf suit? Not since the 80s that's when, so as much as I'd rather have a suit also, everyone's going with the real wolf approach.  WEREBEARS?  Ummm did you see Trading Places with the gorilla suit guy? 'nuff said. Werecats might work. I'm with ya on expanding stuff but it's too steep a hill to climb with suits all there to stifle creativity. Vampires and then werewolves are the top popular things. Then zombies.

Last edited by KidWerewolf36 (2010-08-17 00:48:45)

#30 2010-08-17 01:16:00

Reptile

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Ummmm sorry this is a good show.

The overall quality of the show has been dropping like a rock as its gone on. Currently it's become a poor man's cable T.V. version of True Blood.

When has ANYONE made a decent werewolf suit? Not since the 80s that's when, so as much as I'd rather have a suit also,

Say what you will about the quality of the films in general, but Cursed, the Underworld series, The Wolfman, Skinwalkers and Being Human (Which is a TV show, but it's better than most of the werewolf films released in the past ten years) have all turned out great werewolf effects in the past.

everyone's going with the real wolf approach.

Yes! Do what everyone else is doing! That's what'll ensure quality!

WEREBEARS?  Ummm did you see Trading Places with the gorilla suit guy?

No, I'm not sure what you're talking about either. Nor am I curious. But bears are awesome on their own anyway and if you're going to be using normal trained animals for you werecreatures anyway, why not?

Werecats might work. I'm with ya on expanding stuff but it's too steep a hill to climb with suits all there to stifle creativity.

I'm sorry, but did you just say suits stifle creativity?

Vampires and then werewolves are the top popular things. Then zombies.

Zombies suck.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#31 2010-08-17 02:29:34

KidWerewolf36

thanks for posting. I haven't been on here enough and it seems a lot of people stopped posting so, you're awesome just for conversation sake. I'm sooooo bored and I'm skipping class so I'm just gonna stay up and post and catch up.

where did you get the cool avatar pic from?

Reptile wrote:

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Disagree on this. It's gotten better. You missed the episode where the vampires came in and swooped down on their own to kill her. That was low budget but creatively done SOOOOO WELL. One of my favorite scenes. The storyline's gotten better and more intense b/c I was loosing interest and it just got good. This is one of the few shows I looke forward to watching on tv.

Ummmm sorry this is a good show.

The overall quality of the show has been dropping like a rock as its gone on. Currently it's become a poor man's cable T.V. version of True Blood.

Werewolves and Vamps have fought before this.

When has ANYONE made a decent werewolf suit? Not since the 80s that's when, so as much as I'd rather have a suit also,

Say what you will about the quality of the films in general, but Cursed, the Underworld series, The Wolfman, Skinwalkers and Being Human (Which is a TV show, but it's better than most of the werewolf films released in the past ten years) have all turned out great werewolf effects in the past.

I knew you were going to mention Cursed. Sorry it was a bit cartoony and lame. The face was great but the chicken legs and the super speed that looked computer generated was lammmmmeeeeee. The effects were lame. Underworld only William was the best I'll give you that, the regular versions like in the first movie those were GIANT RAT-CATS (Still like the franchise though can't wait for the 4th movie), Wolfman (myeah the body suit was silly. Looked like he had pillows underneath his shirt), Skinwalkers, sorry most of the lameness was the look of the werewolves. The movie was good until halfway through then it tanked. Okay Being Human, I'll give you that.

everyone's going with the real wolf approach.

Yes! Do what everyone else is doing! That's what'll ensure quality!

YOU GOTTA. It's been mentioned all on here about how there are a gazillion vampire and zombie movies but less than a hundred (maybe even fifty) werewolf movies. Anything to keep werewolf movies popping out is okay with me!!!

WEREBEARS?  Ummm did you see Trading Places with the gorilla suit guy?

No, I'm not sure what you're talking about either. Nor am I curious. But bears are awesome on their own anyway and if you're going to be using normal trained animals for you werecreatures anyway, why not?

Watch Trading Places at the end with the Gorilla. Then you'll know why a Werebear won't work. It's an 80s classic film.

Werecats might work. I'm with ya on expanding stuff but it's too steep a hill to climb with suits all there to stifle creativity.

I'm sorry, but did you just say suits stifle creativity?

Suits are the business guys from the company that come on sets, recording studios, etc and get TOO INVOLVED AND CONTROLLING on artistic stuff. The business guys that only look at statistics and dollar amounts, not the creative process. I.E.  A suit aka someone from a record label should know Artist A has written songs that became hits so for the new album the suits are all in the artists business telling the artist what to edit, add, etc. and completely ignoring the fact that the artist was doing fine the first time around. You can tell when the "suits" get involved in sequels to successful movies b/c certain things tend to be contrived. In Fantastic Four 2 and Spiderman 3, what did those dancing scenes have to do with ANYTHING. Nothing, but the suits probably said "Dancing with the Stars is at the highest ratings so add some dancing in. Or they're the ones that say to say Wes Craven, I know you've helped make the horror genre huge, but you don't know how to make a horror movie. Ummm and also we're going to make "Cursed" PG-13 even though you want to make it R rated. Even though Nightmare on Elm Street's still one of the best horror movies of all time and made a lot of money.

That's the kinda stuff suits do.

Vampires and then werewolves are the top popular things. Then zombies.

Zombies suck.

that's right they suck BRAINNNNSSSS!!!

#32 2010-08-17 22:57:27

Reptile

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

thanks for posting. I haven't been on here enough and it seems a lot of people stopped posting so, you're awesome just for conversation sake. I'm sooooo bored and I'm skipping class so I'm just gonna stay up and post and catch up.

where did you get the cool avatar pic from?

Google. Search "werewolf avatar". The avatar is cropped down quite a bit though to comply with bandwidth issues.

KidWerewolf36 wrote:

Disagree on this. It's gotten better. You missed the episode where the vampires came in and swooped down on their own to kill her. That was low budget but creatively done SOOOOO WELL. One of my favorite scenes. The storyline's gotten better and more intense b/c I was loosing interest and it just got good. This is one of the few shows I looke forward to watching on tv.

Unfortunately I don't rate the quality of a show on how "intense" and "zomg action packed" it is. A show can have all the action in the world and still gargle hairy Wolfman nards. It can have great special effects and pretty explosions and all kinds of flashy crap, that doesn't make it good. Case in point: Battlestar Gallactica. The remake anyway. Lost was pretty action packed in the final season too (Well, for Lost anyway.) and slogging through the crappy storyline made it a freaking chore.

Werewolves and Vamps have fought before this.

That was my point. http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/046/d/8/Raise_Eyebrow_Icon_by_FantasyFreak_FanGirl.gif

I knew you were going to mention Cursed. Sorry it was a bit cartoony and lame. The face was great but the chicken legs and the super speed that looked computer generated was lammmmmeeeeee. The effects were lame.

The "chicken legs" were digital. In fact all the scenes of the " super speed cartoony, lame lame omg teh supah lame" werewolf were the cgi effects.

Underworld only William was the best I'll give you that, the regular versions like in the first movie those were GIANT RAT-CATS

No, they looked nothing like rats. I'm tired of hearing this line from angry werewolf fans who want everything to look like a descendant of The Howling. As for being cat-like...I'm really not sure what this is all about either. The director wanted the werewolves to have thick, powerful jaws like bulldogs rather than slender snapping ones like wolves. Maybe it does look cat like from a certain angle, whatever.

(Still like the franchise though can't wait for the 4th movie), Wolfman (myeah the body suit was silly. Looked like he had pillows underneath his shirt),

They're called muscles dear, they help him tear apart people like wet paper bags. I personally think he had just the right amount.

YOU GOTTA. It's been mentioned all on here about how there are a gazillion vampire and zombie movies but less than a hundred (maybe even fifty) werewolf movies. Anything to keep werewolf movies popping out is okay with me!!!

So? I'd rather have a few good werewolf movies than a plethora of bad ones. Quantity=/=quality. I say let the vampire fans have flashy Underworld rip off #102398205 and Twilight clone#3298042332. A good werewolf movie with a good werewolf design. Those are few and far between, and when they do pop up I can forget all about all the banal crap getting pumped up in the interim.

Watch Trading Places at the end with the Gorilla. Then you'll know why a Werebear won't work. It's an 80s classic film.

No. I'm sorry, no. First of all, you're completely missing my point, which is if your werewolves are just transforming from man to animal with no in between, no suits, no makeup, not even CGi why not choose a bad ass animal anyway? I'm not sure how I can explain this in any simpler terms. Second of all, people in gorilla suits have nothing to do with werebears. A gorilla is nothing like a bear, other than they're both furry and walk around on all fours. I'm not sure how a guy in a gorilla suit in an 80's comedy starring Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy and a man who transforms into a bear monster are connecting in your mind, but I refuse. It's insane. And I will not go out and track this movie down just to watch an end scene about a man in a gorilla suit.

Suits are the business guys from the company that come on sets, recording studios, etc and get TOO INVOLVED AND CONTROLLING on artistic stuff. -Snip-

I thought you meant creature suit. But yes, I see you're point.

that's right they suck BRAINNNNSSSS!!!

Technically chew them.

Last edited by Reptile (2010-08-17 22:57:45)

#33 2010-09-26 16:05:30

WereWolfH

this is a great show. I hope there's a Season 2.

#34 2010-10-06 01:54:21

Viergacht

Reptile wrote:

words

(cut in the interest of not making the page gigantic)

Reptile, I gotta say, I love you and I would marry you if I didn't have someone already.

Heeheee, seriously, #1 props on all your points.

#35 2010-10-06 02:15:09

Reptile

I will say that they did a fairly nice job with the Season Finale. I'll admit I would give the second season a chance.

The werewolves still suck though.

ARF ARF ARF!

#36 2010-10-18 13:50:17

ArcLight
Website

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#37 2010-10-18 16:39:37

Reptile

ArcLight wrote:

Looks like it's over....

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a28 … s-axe.html

Meh. It's not like we've lost something of great importance. Now, if only the Vampire Diaries got similar treatment...

#38 2010-10-18 21:08:51

WereWolfH

Reptile wrote:

ArcLight wrote:

Looks like it's over....

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a28 … s-axe.html

Meh. It's not like we've lost something of great importance. Now, if only the Vampire Diaries got similar treatment...

Bummer. I actually looked forward to watching this EVERY WEEK. Bloody shame. Maybe this should have been on Friday nights?

Another loss for a good werewolf show.

Board footer