The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-05 01:27:34

WereWolfH

Dag what's up with all of these werewolf books where the werewolf is a

wolf. I just read another friggin book where the werewolf is moreso a man that changes into a huge wolf. So I guess Twilight wasn't the first to do this. Any bi-pedal werewolf books out there? Besides Stephen King's book turned into movie? (book not comic book, I've seen plenty of awesome comic books)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2010-05-05 01:28:50

WereWolfH

Re: Dag what's up with all of these werewolf books where the werewolf is a

oh and besides the Underworld series and Wolfman movie.

#3 2010-05-05 23:20:00

Viergacht

Up until the Wolf Man, most werewolves were of the "great big scary wolf" type, actually.  Then after the Wolf Man, they ALL looked like variations on that design, up until the 80's when Rob Bottin designed the ones in the Howling - bipedal, human torso and arms, lupine head - and now everyone thinks that's what werewolves "should" look like, and almost all movie designs are variations of that.

#4 2010-05-06 22:43:59

WereWolfH

Viergacht wrote:

Up until the Wolf Man, most werewolves were of the "great big scary wolf" type, actually.  Then after the Wolf Man, they ALL looked like variations on that design, up until the 80's when Rob Bottin designed the ones in the Howling - bipedal, human torso and arms, lupine head - and now everyone thinks that's what werewolves "should" look like, and almost all movie designs are variations of that.

no but literally most of the books (new and classic) have that. sheesh. I just read a vampire book that is fairly new and the werewolf is basically a wolf.

Last edited by WereWolfH (2010-05-06 22:44:29)

#5 2010-05-07 11:14:37

ArcLight
Website

Bipedal in movies, sure...but it seems like the majority of the books I've read have all leaned towards the 'big wolf' portrayal.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#6 2010-05-07 11:48:28

Viergacht

I haven't read a lot of recent werewolf novels, so my sampling is out of date. I dunno, I find plain-wolf werewolves kind of boring.

#7 2010-05-07 13:14:30

Rogue
Lunatic

I think if it's gonna be a plain-wolf werewolf, that plain wolf had better be darn bloodthirsty.
More like a rabid wolf that still looks like a wolf.

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOKE . . . STAY AWAY FROM ME!
"I'm not in a bad mood. I'm practically sociable."
"All I know is that it hurts like hell, and as soon as I can get off this floor I'm gonna find that bastard and kill him!"
http://running-rogue.deviantart.com/      http://www.facebook.com/supergayadventures

#8 2010-05-07 18:29:23

bdk336
Website

Personally, I like to see werewolves that can stand on two or four legs, regardless of which they prefer.

#9 2010-05-07 19:32:00

PenningtonBeast

Go to Amazon.com and search for "products tagged with" either "bipedal werewolf' or "anthropomorphic werewolf" and you'll find a bunch. smile

#10 2010-05-07 23:41:41

WereWolfH

PenningtonBeast wrote:

Go to Amazon.com and search for "products tagged with" either "bipedal werewolf' or "anthropomorphic werewolf" and you'll find a bunch. smile

Thanks! Will do! Sheesh at least get me some Wolfman types if not the Underworld or Van Helsing types. (no torn clothes) I found my mammoth book of werewolves. It's kinda disappointing as far as the stories. The few good ones are REALLY GOOD. One of them is sorta like the main intro attack in American Werewolf in London) but it's got a twist. You know what no more reading I'm watching "Wolf." It's on.

#11 2010-05-25 20:53:31

WereWolfH

I just got this roleplaying game/book on werewolves. It's EXPENSIVE but the artwork is brilliant and there are some good stories but THEY'RE NOT LONG ENOUGH and some of them don't finish. The first one is a guy being chased by wolves and semi turned werewolves and the guy turns in an alley and they all look like "Crap we're in trouble. Shouldn't have messed with this dude." The other cool story I read was how some werewolves were on the hunt for these half female half spiders and one jumps off a building or something and the werewolves chase them without looking. they fall into spiderwebs and realize it was A TRAP!!!

Board footer