The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-05 23:55:41

Fuzzball
Website

Adlet

"According to Alaskan Inuit legend the Adlet is a bloodthirsty race of canine like hominids said to be the offspring of an Inuit woman’s unnatural mating with a ferocious giant red dog.  The woman became pregnant with this creatures offspring and later gave birth to 10 fur covered canine like children.  According to this legend the terrified Inuit woman sent 5 of these children across the sea, where they sired in what the Inuit referred to as the white races.  The remaining 5 children are said to have remained close to the woman’s home, where they slowly developed into vicious cannibalistic warriors.  Although the legend of the Adlet is surely based purely in mythology, some researchers have linked this tale to European legends of the werewolf."  www.unknownexplorers.com

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#2 2010-05-06 12:11:24

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

Re: Adlet

"The Inuit tribespeople have a legend about the Adlet, the dog people, the offspring of a great red dog and an Inuit woman. This beast/human marriage produced five ugly weredogs and five regular dogs, and the disgusted mother set them all adrift on rafts.

The five dogs eventually reached the shores of Europe and begot among them the various white ethnic groups. The weredogs evolved into horrible, bloodthirsty monsters who still haunt the northern icelands in search of human flesh." From The Werewolf Book: The Encyclopedia of Shape-shifting Beings.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#3 2010-05-07 07:31:01

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting, the both of you.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#4 2010-05-07 16:39:42

Fuzzball
Website

You are quite welcome.  It is interesting how "imaginary" phenomena appear worldwide among "unconnected" peoples.

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#5 2010-05-07 21:09:20

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

I have all kinds of info on various werewolf folklore from around the world through the book I quoted from. It's a very interesting read.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

Board footer