The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-05-20 14:32:42

chips493

A new "Teen wolf" series

MTV just purchased a season of a live Teen wolf series (remember the anime one). Find out this article : http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.a … -teen-wolf

#2 2010-05-20 16:08:00

Delta Wolfman

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

I'm glad he's bitten by a werewolf instead of just inheriting lycanthropy.

#3 2010-05-20 16:26:51

zockereinstein

Yep, it's some months old, but it is a good reminding about this show. Sadly, by the news I've seen out there the show would not be so good. I mean, the guy won't become a "full werewolf", but something in-between (perhaps like the rpg werewolf call the "glabro" form). And yes, it will be fuuuull of teenagers (translation: a teenager-oriented series). Sorry men.

#4 2010-05-20 18:49:51

Viergacht

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Why?

#5 2010-05-20 22:55:17

Delta Wolfman

Viergacht wrote:

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Why?

Because it's better.

#6 2010-05-21 01:51:00

blackjack60
Website

zockereinstein wrote:

Sadly, by the news I've seen out there the show would not be so good. I mean, the guy won't become a "full werewolf", but something in-between (perhaps like the rpg werewolf call the "glabro" form) .

Here's what Crystal Reed said: "He looks really human, because he's a young werewolf, so the things that are changing are his eye color. His ears are going to be a bit pointier and the hair on his hands is going to go up to about here. [Points to her elbows] Obviously, his muscles are going to grow. Progressively as he gets older as a werewolf, he'll become more wolf-like. The very first time he turns, it's actually pretty scary."

So it's quite likely that he'll transform more and more as the series progresses. Additionally, we might see a fuller transformation from the other werewolf character.

#7 2010-05-21 10:58:17

zockereinstein

blackjack60 wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

Sadly, by the news I've seen out there the show would not be so good. I mean, the guy won't become a "full werewolf", but something in-between (perhaps like the rpg werewolf call the "glabro" form) .

Here's what Crystal Reed said: "He looks really human, because he's a young werewolf, so the things that are changing are his eye color. His ears are going to be a bit pointier and the hair on his hands is going to go up to about here. [Points to her elbows] Obviously, his muscles are going to grow. Progressively as he gets older as a werewolf, he'll become more wolf-like. The very first time he turns, it's actually pretty scary."

So it's quite likely that he'll transform more and more as the series progresses. Additionally, we might see a fuller transformation from the other werewolf character.

Yes, I've read the same interview. But I prefer not to create so high expectations about the show and become positively surprised after watching it smile .

#8 2010-05-21 18:55:33

MarkOne
Website

Yeah, I'm going to keep my expectations very low on this one until we see some actual footage.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#9 2010-05-28 22:39:17

Lupa

Looks interesting.

Dead I am the Dog, Hound of Hell you Cry
Devil on your Back, I can never Die

#10 2010-06-04 16:24:43

teenwolfman

Hopefully it's more "Teen Wolf" and less "Teen Wolf Too."

#11 2010-06-04 17:41:29

zockereinstein

teenwolfman wrote:

It would be better a Not-For-Teens Wolf.

#12 2010-06-04 23:36:43

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

so not stoked on this

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#13 2010-06-05 01:37:51

SouthPaw

zockereinstein wrote:

teenwolfman wrote:

NC-17 Wolf?

#14 2010-06-05 07:06:39

zockereinstein

SouthPaw wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

teenwolfman wrote:

NC-17 Wolf?

Yeah, better leave kid shows to Disney.

#15 2010-07-30 03:04:27

MarkOne
Website

MarkOne wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to keep my expectations very low on this one until we see some actual footage.

OK, I had the honor of being at San Diego last week for the huge Comic Con event going on there and among the events going on was an actual panel promoting MTV's Teen Wolf. Not only did they have the cast, creator and director there, but they also showed footage, the first ten minutes or so from the pilot episode.

I gotta tell you, after seeing the footage, my expectations have been raised considerably.

Kind of hard to describe, but the footage basically showed how the lead character gets bitten, and it was creepy, haunting, and very well done. Not at all the cheese fest I was expecting when I first heard about this project.

Among the things that was mentioned that there will be three types of werewolves in the show: Alpha, Beta and something new, Omega. And each will have their own characteristics and unique traits. The werewolves will be guys in full makeup, there will be crazy stunts involved and Russell Mulcalhy, who did the Highlander movie and other projects, is not only directing the pilot, but several other episodes as well.

They're going to be starting fliming the episodes soon, and they haven't set a premiere date yet, although it will be later on in the year.

Me and the others who attended the panel, pretty much came out of the panel pleasntly surprised over what we saw and what to expect from this.

So, even though it's still early, and there's still a lot that can mess it up, I gotta say, I'm more optimistic about this show than I was going in.

#16 2010-08-13 12:33:52

Viergacht

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Why?

Because it's better.

In what way? Because that makes it more like every other werewolf movie?

#17 2010-08-13 13:02:40

zockereinstein

Viergacht wrote:

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

Why?

Because it's better.

Perhaps because it is easy to asociate that with furry-superhero likeness, that is the typical hint from , for example, the werewolf RPG (yes, and I'm an enthusiastic player). In my case, I prefer werewolves as "cursed and doomed people" over action heroes (or even comedy heroes, as in the good ol' Teen Wolf).
It is true that there have been many werewolf movies with the "bite-style". But it is also true that the modern werewolf movies tend to avoid dramatic/terror plots and show more action/comedy.

#18 2010-08-13 13:07:46

Daninsky
Website

SouthPaw wrote:

NC-17 Wolf?

Sounds like a ill cross between a rapper and a trekkie, bet his sidekick would be named MC Geek

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#19 2010-08-15 20:06:16

WolfMontana

Viergacht wrote:

Delta Wolfman wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

Why?

Because it's better.

Probably not, it does however add something dramatic to the story. Unless of course it involved a 'Werewolves R Us' Drive Thru, where you order your particular brand of werewolfy, then drive up to be bitten at the pick up window. Little less dramatic.

I tend to prefer 'bite' werewolf movies myself. I like the chase, the fear, the mauling, the narrow escape, and the strangeness of awakening senses. Stereotyped? I guess. But I still likes eet. big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#20 2010-10-21 11:40:07

Viergacht

http://www.collider.com/2010/10/19/tyle … teen-wolf/

A big, long interview with the cast.

#21 2010-10-21 19:19:47

RadRed21

werewolf is "mostly prosthetics" it says. That's a good sign. But then it also says they are going for a "sleek, sexy" look so i'm wondering what they visualize as a sexy werewolf. They do say the transformation itself is not like what is going around these days, so yay for it not being twilight or true blood like. I'm always so skeptical of MTV being capable of doing anything good though but I'm trying to be positive about this

ETA: just found a picture of the main character in a semi-wolf form. I'm guessing this is the beta version of the werewolf. the alpha and omega are supposed to look more beast like.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/bouvier21/teenwolf00.jpg

Last edited by RadRed21 (2010-10-21 21:40:40)

#22 2010-10-21 22:43:14

blackjack60
Website

That's correct. Here are some quotes from an article on the show to explain further:

'With more werewolf screen time, the adapters of Teen Wolf came up with three different breeds of wolf we'll see. "In the series there are three types of werewolves, an alpha, omega and beta," director Russell Mulcahy said. "The omega being a full wolf. What you saw is the beta, and then there's the psychotic, dangerous and totally original different design for the omega, which is the real monster of the show."
Scott will start out as a beta, and both the betas and alphas are bipedal. They walk like humans a laThe Wolfman. It's only the omega that runs on all fours. "We didn't want a dog running around," Davis said. "The other werewolf shows and movies have werewolves you could pet. We wanted to have one you could kiss."
'Tyler Hoechlin plays Derek Hale, Scott's sort of werewolf mentor. He's only a little further along in the werewolf cycle, a beta on his way to becoming alpha. "He's kind of an older beta," Hoechlin said. "I'll be closer to developing like an actual wolf, whereas Tyler Posey's character will be a little more babyish. It's that whole growing-up thing all over again. You start out as a baby at the werewolf bottom, and you kind of work your way up. As you become stronger and learn how to control it a little more, your powers progress."
They started showing glimpses of betas in transformation. By the time you see all three, there'll be no mistaking them. "They'll be physically totally different creatures," Mulcahy said. "If you had an action figure, they would be different creatures. The creatures will be totally different.'"

So though the main character will intially be a humanoid beta-type wolf, we might very well see other characters eventually transforming into alpha and omega werewolves as well. And since the werewolves presumably progress on a cycle from beta to alpha to omega, Scott might go through all three sorts of transformation.

#23 2010-10-21 22:53:37

Reptile

That's actually a pretty interesting werewolf mythos.

To bad it's on MTV.

MTV.

MTV.

How can anyone have high hopes for this show?

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#24 2010-10-22 00:08:34

MarkOne
Website

I saw what they had in mind for this back in July, so I don't care if it's on PBS.

If it's a good story, a good mythology and doesn't insult the audience it's aiming for, then they have nothing to worry about.

I read online that even though it hasn't pinned down an exact premiere date, it's looking like the show will debut either in February or March.

#25 2010-10-22 00:27:19

Reptile

If the show manages to not suck I'll stand corrected.

But again, MTV. This is like expecting a Twilight movie to suddenly grow a pair. Which is to say it's about as likely as the IMDB forums hosting an intelligent discussion.

So probably not.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

Board footer