The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2011-06-23 11:28:48

WolfMontana

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

NightSlash wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

I read somewhere the alpha actors name, so apparently he will be human at some point.

I'm actually surprised they've shown as much of it so far as they have. I'm also surprised the thing can run without tripping over those long limbs. big_smile I love the full face preview from the still above, but the body shape is kinda wacked.

Actually the Alpha actor is a creature performer, so I'm assuming he's credited that for whenever the Alpha is non CGI, like when it attacked the girl hunter's car in the opening.

Ah, never mind, I'd read the wrong actors name (not Caleb).

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#102 2011-06-23 23:15:39

WolfMontana

*spittake* Oh my god, this was hilarious:
http://thefastertimes.com/tvrecapsandne … ic-bullet/
A little harsher than necessary, but worth a laugh.

#103 2011-06-23 23:32:10

blackjack60
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

A little harsher than necessary, but worth a laugh.

I didn't see anything that rose above cheap snark, but the writer is certainly correct when he says he's running out of things to say about the show.

Last edited by blackjack60 (2011-06-23 23:32:55)

#104 2011-06-28 00:21:37

WolfMontana

SPOILERRRRRRRRRRS

Well, first impressions from tonight's eppy: overall meh, though some tantalizing teases about the alphas identity (vet? teacher? Can't be vet - he couldn't work with cats!), some very cute scenes between Allison & Scott, comedy gold in Stiles (Def my favorite character at zee moment), and a lovely werewolf crashing through a window effect yikes)

Biggest doofus: Derek, for charging someone with an amped up cattle prod.

Silly if somewhat cool moment: Scott's 'eyeshine'. Sure it looked cool, but the tapetum lucidum lines the retina only, not the iris. Cool idea though. big_smile

WTF moment: what the hell did the alpha do to the wounds on the back of Jackson's neck?? Call me confuzeled. Made him forget? I figure they're going for bites only transmission,  so I'm even more confuzeled.

#105 2011-06-28 00:27:05

mrRW

My bet is definitely the vet for the alpha.  He had to go and then there just happens to be a mtn lion at the school.  Maybe too obvious but thats where my money is.

Last edited by mrRW (2011-06-28 11:21:21)

#106 2011-06-28 01:51:26

FreeAsMe

Jackson being adopted...not what I expected, WHO'S THE FATHA!

*and mother*

Last edited by FreeAsMe (2011-06-28 01:51:52)

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#107 2011-06-28 03:11:07

blackjack60
Website

The vet's a bit too obvious to be the alpha; my vote goes to the creepy teacher at Scott's parent-teacher conference--notice how he kept talking about how Scot needed a male parental figure, i.e., a pack-leader.

Quality-wise the show is holding up consistently--next week will be the half-way point for the season.

#108 2011-06-28 13:05:32

WolfMontana

Well the vet is a likely source of the mountain lion, so he's got that going for him and his behavior was supremely suspicious. However, cat thing.

Saw a tweet by the lady who plays the sadistic Kate - apparently (from Jeff Davis) we've seen two alphas. So perhaps everyone's right - vet AND chem teach. wink

Here's the sneak peek from eppy 6. Hilarious! And a reference to the Hulk - YES!

#109 2011-06-28 14:33:04

RadRed21

I'm curious what the alpha did to jackson's wounds. I wonder if alpha can exert influence over humans whether they're a werewolf or not? is this going to be their answer to true blood's "glamoring" or TVD's "compulsion"?

The vet is definitely acting weird, but how would he be able to be around all those animals and none of them react to him? Though Derek mentioned having trouble tracking the alpha when he's human, so maybe he can mask his wolf scent.

the latest ep was a bit drab compared to 2-4, but it wasn't bad, and next week's look good.  I like the reference to the hulk they got going on as well

#110 2011-06-28 16:26:07

KidWerewolf36

Really? You think the vet's the alpha? I was thinking moreso the right hand man (second in charge if alpha's gone)

I still think it could be Scott's girlfriend's daddy. It'd make sense. They're monitoring their territory (by coming back) AND they had already said they'd been there. Plus what was on the necklace, Auntie gave to her niece. (Sorry forgot names)

I just thought the alpha looked at the neck wounds and then took off. I don't remember him touching the guy's wounds.... (forgot his name)

My biggest question was WHY DID STYLES ERASE THAT TAPE. That's evidence to show Derek or Scott.

I could have done without the boyfriend girlfriend skip school thing.

#111 2011-06-29 19:09:25

WolfMontana

There are 2 webisodes now for the show. Nothing really happens in the first one, and you have to like the AT&T facebook page to see the 2nd one, so I won't be seeing that until it hits youtube I guess.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/29/teen-wolf-webisodes/

#112 2011-06-29 21:24:37

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

From Another Thread:

FEARtalker wrote:

Hey guys...This was an awesome episode. Thought I'd provide some info about it if anyone's interested...

Teen Wolf Episode 1.5

"The Tell"

Written By: Monica Macer

Directed By: Toby Wilkins

Original Airdate: 27 June 2011

In This Episode...

Lydia sends Jackson into the video store while she waits in the car. Inside the empty store (because who the hell rents at the store anymore?) Jackson finds the clerk with his throat ripped out. He gets scared, the lights go out, and in the dark, two glowing red eyes stalk him. The werewolf knocks over the store shelves, trapping Jackson beneath. The wolf saunters over, calmly etches a mark into his neck, and leaps out the front window. Lydia sees the wolf leap out and she loses it....

If you wanna read the full article about the episode, check it out here:

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b22 … _tell.html

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#113 2011-07-05 07:10:03

Nagowteena
Website

Last nights ep was awesome! and I saw the preview for next week...OMFG! it looks good! big_smile

#114 2011-07-05 08:06:57

RadRed21

the situation with jackson really has my attention now. just what is going on there?

the show continues to surprise me with its ability to hold my attention.  perhaps it just might find success

#115 2011-07-05 09:28:06

NightSlash

http://werewolf-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tw-600x670.jpg

KNB's makeup of the Alpha werewolf. They need to stick with this instead of the CGI.

#116 2011-07-05 13:29:55

WolfMontana

Guys running in a suit always look like guys running in a suit. I've got no problem with their use of CGI for the alpha for what they've done so far. It's a bit ungainly, and looked a bit too spidery climbing up the building, but it's a unique look so far. Good makeup though! The shot last night of it passing by the rear view mirror with red eyes was beautifully creepy big_smile

Cool eppy last night - again, happily surprised at the quality and the directions they are taking with the characters. It's really quite the feeling to watch something werewolfy and not be disappointed big_smile

Jackson's progression is bizarre - Scott's reaction insinuates that he's contaminated in some way - rotting away. The alpha clawing out of his mouth was very well done big_smile I wonder what kind of hold the alpha has on him? Maaaaybe, seeing as how the alpha tore Derek apart last night, maaaybe an enemy of his enemy is a friend? Perhaps it's a bit like a vampire thrall?

Speaking of Derek - holy CRAP! Kudos to this series for not shying away from a bit of blood and gore big_smile Bit of a shocker, and while I'm sure Derek will heal (here's hoping), it'd really be something to lose a main character like that in such a crazy way.

Oh, also, I absolutely love the way they are handling Scott and Allison's relationship. It's really been quite sweet and sincere. The hand holding 'calming the beast' bit was nicely handled.

Looking forward to next week big_smile

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-07-05 14:09:39)

#117 2011-07-05 14:35:42

WolfMontana

Here's the alpha done in CGI, as it's fiddling with Derek's insides. Sweet work - fascinating elongated body, very very cool face.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/lonemtnwolf/18_boys-alpha2.jpg

#118 2011-07-05 15:41:51

zockereinstein

Well, in my opinion, when they decide to kill a main character, it just can be a good way to say the watchers: "don't be too confident... your favorite guy/girl could die". And this may help to become more simpathetic even with the "bad guys", I mean, even when they are plain evil, do they deserve to die? This is an interesting twist...

#119 2011-07-05 15:46:40

WolfMontana

Here's a close up of the alpha from the same scene.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/lonemtnwolf/alphacloseup.jpg
I LIKEY! big_smile

#120 2011-07-05 15:52:20

FreeAsMe

zockereinstein wrote:

Well, in my opinion, when they decide to kill a main character, it just can be a good way to say the watchers: "don't be too confident... your favorite guy/girl could die". And this may help to become more simpathetic even with the "bad guys", I mean, even when they are plain evil, do they deserve to die? This is an interesting twist...

I like when it's like that, it reminds me of Supernatural, but when the main character dies, they usually come back in an episode or two.lol

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#121 2011-07-05 16:11:32

NightSlash

The CGI one looks good when it's lurking in the shadows and is used for running and stuff. But it bugs me that they didn't use the makeup for the closeups, like that shot in the video store when Jackson sees it, since it looks alot more menacing than the CGI face IMO. They could have even shown a closeup of it when it was holding Derek. Don't get me wrong, like I said the cgi is good when it's dimly lit and is used to portray the wolf's movements, but I just wish they'd use the makeup shots more, since the makeup is awesome looking.

#122 2011-07-05 16:56:17

RadRed21

FreeAsMe wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

I like when it's like that, it reminds me of Supernatural, but when the main character dies, they usually come back in an episode or two.lol

I too like when a series isn't afraid to kill a main character. It can be a shock to viewers, but it tends to pull them in even more now that they have a fear that a favorite character of theirs may kick it.

Though I hope Derek survives cuz he is Scott's only link to trying to understand the werewolf thing fully. Of course another werewolf can show up to help, but still I do want to see more of the Scott/Derek dynamic.

I do have the tiniest gripe and that is I still find Tyler Posey's acting off at certain moments, like when he's acting agitated and is yelling about something. But truthfully, it's not something that annoys me that much at all, and the show itself more than makes up for a couple acting issues now and again. And who knows, I could be off in my opinion of Posey's acting. Maybe that's just his way of making Scott act like Scott.

#123 2011-07-05 17:21:09

KidWerewolf36

I hope Derek survives. I hope the doctor survives and he's acting. (I still wanna be a vet)

#124 2011-07-05 17:51:38

WolfMontana

RadRed21 wrote:

I do have the tiniest gripe and that is I still find Tyler Posey's acting off at certain moments, like when he's acting agitated and is yelling about something. But truthfully, it's not something that annoys me that much at all, and the show itself more than makes up for a couple acting issues now and again. And who knows, I could be off in my opinion of Posey's acting. Maybe that's just his way of making Scott act like Scott.

You're not off. He's not that good at acting 'angry agitated'. He is good at doing goofy comedic stuff though wink and has no problem apparently doing the romantic stuff.

#125 2011-07-06 01:31:29

c-no

I love this show, this the best werewolf show I've seen so far. And I'm so glad that I found this site.

Board footer