The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#151 2011-07-18 23:36:40

WolfMontana

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

SPOILER:

Hmm. This might just be where the show turns to suck. Scott's clearly a whiny dick, and not just because of the alpha. Derek shows up to save the day (again).

Expected reaction from Scott: Dude! We thought you were dead! Thanks for stopping me from killing people!
Expected response from Derek: W.T.F. did you blame all that shite on me for!? Ass! Btw, I left my spine back at the school, can you pick it up for me?

Scott's actual reaction: Allison! Waaaah! Cure?
Derek's actual response: Sure, I'll help you again! I live for that! And die too!

Derek's proper response to Scott's actual reaction should have been: *facepalm* *mercy killing*

Ahem. Anyhoo. Dumbest moment of the show: Jackson somehow making the ridiculous link between a bloody stumpy thing and McCalls gloves. Irrational. Sure, it was a claw, but heck, it could have been a tooth. It could have been almost anything. Derp. And now apparently he knows Scott's a werewolf, just cause of that.

Best line: Give me the bottle... of Jack. Teehee.

Best moment: Probably Derek coming out of nowhere to stop Scott, which then quickly turned to suck.

I'll still tune in next week, sounds like they'll reveal the alpha next week. Meybe.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#152 2011-07-19 00:44:49

RadRed21

yea I wasn't thrilled with tonight's ep either. scott was overly whiny about allison. they haven't been going out that long to justify such a reaction, regardless of full moon werewolf hormones raging.  Derek came out of nowhere and yea I thought his exchange with scott was corny as hell.  scott's full moon tf could've been done better.  and yea, jackson connecting the claw with scott's gloves? please how is that possibly good evidence? i don't get the rationale in that at all.

well every show has a bad ep or two. hope next week gets things back on track

#153 2011-07-19 09:52:52

Viergacht

Since the alpha seems to have some sort of influence over Scott, maybe it somehow "psychically suggested" he incriminate Derek?

I dunno.

#154 2011-07-19 11:25:20

mrRW

I did enjoy the scene where the Alpha is looking out over the city and, from what I could tell, stands and reverts back to his human form.  Bit annoyed at the anticlimactic way in which the hunters talked up the full moon and then never really appeared.

#155 2011-07-19 20:46:46

lupinealchemist

I have a prediction of the current season. Scott kills alpha, he doesn't get cured, Allison becomes a full fledged hunter by season 2.

#156 2011-07-19 20:47:21

lupinealchemist

I have a prediction of the current season. Scott kills alpha, he doesn't get cured, Allison becomes a full fledged hunter by season 2.

#157 2011-07-20 15:49:08

WereWolfH

mrRW wrote:

I did enjoy the scene where the Alpha is looking out over the city and, from what I could tell, stands and reverts back to his human form.  Bit annoyed at the anticlimactic way in which the hunters talked up the full moon and then never really appeared.

Yeah, I guess you can't tell if the alpha's a female or male. What if Scott's mom's the alpha? I still think it's Scott's exes daddy.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#158 2011-07-20 21:00:12

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

From another thread:

FEARtalker wrote:

"Lunatic"

Written By: Monica Macer

Directed By: Tim Andrew

Original Airdate: 18 July 2011

In This Episode...

Scott is despondent over his breakup with Alison. Stiles takes him into the woods to get him drunk. Stiles succeeds; Scott does not - perhaps because of the lycanthropy, Stiles theorizes. A couple thugs find them and take their booze. Scott stands up to them, growls, and scares him into turning over the Jack Daniels. The head thug gets grabbed by the alpha; his sidekick is grabbed and left to burn in a trashcan bonfire....

Check out the full recap here:

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b23 … natic.html

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#159 2011-07-20 23:20:36

WolfMontana

mrRW wrote:

Yeah - the TF back was kinda cool. smile The little suggestion of form you get when he's done makes me think of the Chemistry teacher.
I was really confused about WHY the hunters would be spending their time watching Stiles when Allison mentioned Scott, and when they made such a fuss on how werewolves couldn't resist the pull of the moon, that they'd be running around as their bad wolf selves. Stiles was not exactly wolfy. In any way.

Had another theory about the marks on Jackson's neck. Could be that the Alpha noticed the wolfsbane 'contamination' in Jackson's wound (ie, the weird glowy effect) and ran off because of this. Meybe.

Btw, more Teen Wolf goodness:

Sneak Peek for next week (eppy 9)
Web episode 5 of The Search for the Cure

Write up for the next episode:

"Wolf's Bane"
Jackson puts Scott in danger; Allison starts to question her family's strange behavior.

#160 2011-07-21 00:08:18

WolfMontana

Another wee thing about this show that's bothering me. They get so worked up about the full moon, and yeah, it seems to force a 'change' on Scott (it's such a wee change), but he seems to be able to shake it pretty quick. After wrestling with Derek in the last eppy he was pretty quickly lucid, then changed back. Same with the first full moon.

When the Alpha changed back, it was while the moon was still up. So, the Hunters claim that the moon makes werewolves sloppy, transform, whatever, seems completely incorrect.

It would be good to see the moon have more of an effect.

#161 2011-07-21 11:18:35

RadRed21

I agree they are hyping the full moon a lot, but so far I really don't see it as being a driving force in this WEREWOLF tv show lol...

#162 2011-07-22 02:38:46

Viergacht

I'm glad they're ignoring the full moon thing, it makes for a lot of filler between the good stuff.

I'm also hoping the alpha turns out to be the chem teacher. He's hot!

#163 2011-07-22 20:28:26

WolfMontana

Thumbs up to that big_smile

Aaaand, there've been alot of little suggestions that he is the alpha. When he first appeared, splitting Scott and Stiles up, he made a comment on Stiles whisper being loud (forget his exact choice of words), then in the eppy when Stiles is highlighting his book, the way the dude acted, he could still hear Stiles' pen moving across the page and commented on it.

So here's hopin'. I'm thinking the vet and the teacher are in cahoots. I've never been able to use that word before, sweet.

#164 2011-07-23 22:26:06

MarkOne
Website

MTV just released a video showing scenes from the final four episodes of the season. Some of the scenes look intense and pretty cool. Check it out:

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675437/t … id=1667779

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#165 2011-07-23 23:00:15

WolfMontana

Huh.

#166 2011-07-24 00:44:07

FreeAsMe

very nice, i can't wait to see them!!!

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#167 2011-07-24 14:13:32

WolfMontana

Possible SPOILERS

Hmm. Just watched it again. Looks like some pretty serious things are going to happen. Scott's secret is definitely out of the bag, as it appears he gets shot by Kate, a scene that seems linked to him running away with blood coming out of his mouth. Stiles also appears to bring something up to Chris about a code, which suggests Scott's age is supposed to be a known factor.

Ya know, gotta wonder, why be a werewolf hunter if you only load the special bullets sometimes? Why aren't all of their bullets wolfsbane? I don't think Scott gets shot with a laced bullet.

Apparently Lydia gets attacked. There was a hint from the folks on the show that someone would be bit at the end of the season. I'm wondering if the lass thrashing around on the bed is Lydia. That's a HELLuva lot of blood. Guess someone had trouble finding a vein?? tongue
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h113/lonemtnwolf/whodis.jpg

Maaaaybe the lass on the bed is Kate? ... nah. It annoys me that she's got Derek propped up like a werewolf popsicle. Pretty sure that's Derek anyway. Stupid. I wonder if that's what Allison walks into when Kate opens that door.

Derek reveals all to Jackson at the Hale house? Seems Jackson might be a Hale after all? Or, is Derek just trying to tie up a curious loose end?

Scott tells Stiles AND Jackson that he can't protect them. Wow, guess the secret is REALLY out. Wonder what Jackson will do with this info? Probably try to be the bestest lacrosse player eva!

Wonder why Scott was lying on the floor? Crying out in the forest in his formal gear? All very interesting.

At least Stiles get to dance with Lydia! Yay big_smile And that's definitely him running across the field to warn her...

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-07-24 14:13:48)

#168 2011-07-24 20:25:01

MarkOne
Website

Judging from what I saw from the teaser, I think the season finale will take place at the prom or some sort of dance.
Definitely lots of intense moments ahead the next four weeks. Can't wait! smile

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#169 2011-07-25 22:07:13

WolfMontana

SPOILER
Niiice! In the first few minutes they make up for the suck of the previous episode - AND pull a mean fast one with the chemistry teacher! LOVE the alpha's voice big_smile

#170 2011-07-25 23:06:59

NightSlash

SPOILER
And the Alpha has been revealed, my second choice behind Mr. Harris: Derek's uncle Peter. And I gotta say he's pretty badass so far.

This episode was nuts. Looking forward to next week.

#171 2011-07-25 23:20:57

Viergacht

Yeah, this is getting good.

#172 2011-07-25 23:29:22

WolfMontana

Hmm... well, some annoying bits. SPOILERS!

Good bits:
The boys make up for things a bit and end up saving Derek's ass for a change. Nice!
Scott de-douched himself - yay! Even admitting he was a dumbass! big_smile His character was believable throughout, cept for one part - under bad bits...
Any of the Stiles/Derek interactions - HILARIOUS. The slash fic'ers are going to go nuts...
Any Stiles moments period.
Clever debunk of the chemistry teacher herring...
That alpha voice - lurv lurved lurved it!
"Okay Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here"

Bad bits:
Jackson somehow making the leap to Scott being a werewolf.
Scott admitting the werewolf thing AND TELLING JACKSON ABOUT HUNTERS, and who they are! - DERP!
Humoring Jackson at all: If I was Scott and Jackson was threatening to basically RAPE Allison, Jackson would be a dead man.
The need to bring Danny in to trace a call. You can probably find out how to do that online. Made for a hilarious scene though, so...
The need for a high school chemistry teacher's knowledge to make some special chemical that makes... FIRE! Even the idea of an untraceable accelerant... wth? Again, you could find that shite on the internet. But eh.
Werewolves suck at fighting hand to hand. Defuse momentum with wall - yeah!
Allison.

Looking forward to the rest of the season though! big_smile

#173 2011-07-25 23:39:45

WolfMontana

Oh, and forgot my favorite bit, though there were so many in this episode! big_smile

When Stiles tries facing up to Derek, they fluff each others jackets up, then Derek makes a fake towards Stiles and Stiles flinches big time with 'Oh my god'. lol God, I sound like such a fangirl.

Also, I have a wee question...

If Derek's uncle is the alpha, doesn't that make Derek part of his pack? If it only goes by bloodline, and Derek's folks are dead, then wouldn't that be the case?

Which would mean Scott is actually in Derek's pack?

Derek talked about being able to defeat the alpha (ironically to the actual alpha), which I assume meant he'd become the new alpha. Doesn't that suggest being in the same pack?? I'm so confused!

Oh, and another thing... does Allison's dad suspect Scott? How could be not? Beta werewolves look like their human selves, and he saw Scott. Scott's hair is certainly different than Scotts & Jacksons. How did Scott get off so easy in the Argent home?

OH AND ANOTHER THING - what WAS that smack against the steering wheel thing for between Derek and Stiles? Funny but.. wha? Because of the shirt thing? big_smile

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-07-25 23:53:47)

#174 2011-07-26 01:34:38

FreeAsMe

The shirt scene with Derek and Stiles was...pure awesome

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#175 2011-07-26 03:35:47

mrRW

If anyone recalls a few weeks back when Derek visited his uncle he asked if the Alpha was in the family and got the finger twitch 'yes'.  I had that in the back of my mind but didn't actually think it was the uncle....  oh well.

And have to agree that the Alpha's voice rocked.  The car chase rocked as well.  Great to see them come back w/a strong episode after that week was fairly week.

Last edited by mrRW (2011-07-26 22:36:30)

Board footer