The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#176 2011-07-26 10:57:38

RadRed21

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

WolfMontana wrote:

OH AND ANOTHER THING - what WAS that smack against the steering wheel thing for between Derek and Stiles? Funny but.. wha? Because of the shirt thing? big_smile

yea derek did that cuz of stiles making him change his shirt in front of danny so that danny would be turned on and willing to help stiles trace that text. don't really get how being turned on leads to wanting to trace text messages, but ok... it was a funny scene.

I enjoyed the episode too.  Stiles is definitely my fave now. Any scene involving him works so well. 

I'm over Scott/Allison though. I don't even get why Allison is so anti-Scott anyway cuz her reasons are dumb, and Scott's constant angst over it is annoying me.

And yea, Jackson's sudden realization that Scott is a werewolf came out of nowhere. This is supposed to be a world where people don't think werewolves even exist, so how Jackson just came to that conclusion is beyond me.

The previews for next week intrigued me. Think I heard the Alpha say something about bringing Scott's mom into the pack? interesting...

#177 2011-07-26 11:07:54

WolfMontana

Yeah, and he said that to Scott while Derek just stood around in the background. Maybe Peter has a hold over Derek now too?

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#178 2011-07-27 09:21:34

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was deleted (since this one already existed):

FEARtalker wrote:

In This Episode...
Mr. Harris, the chemistry teacher, is talking to a shadowy monster, presumably the alpha. He is frightened. Derek comes in and rescues Harris. The police show up, too, which leads to a big chase scene: Derek on foot, being chased by the police, watched (then fired upon) by the Argents, and followed by Scott and Stiles in Derek's car. Derek fills them in: Harris had in his possession what his sister was "working on" before her death...

Read the full review here:

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b23 … wolfs.html

#179 2011-07-28 13:33:35

WolfMontana

The 6th (and probably last) webisode is up: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675911/s … id=1666465

ALOT of lore, very interesting smile And the ending was really well done big_smile

You know, there are alot of folks knocking Posey's acting as Scott. It's funny though, he's the perfect clueless foil for Stiles. They bounce off each other perfectly. It would be nice to see him feel more comfortable with the anger side of things, but I think he can grow into that. *shrug*

#180 2011-07-28 19:37:37

WolfMontana

Hmm. You know, now there's all this talk about Jackson possibly being an omega werewolf, based on the last 'Search for a cure' web eppy, because he was scratched by Derek, a beta. Also hinted at as a 'maybe' from the end of the last regular episode.

If they make it that scratches inflict lycanthropy, as well as a bite, I'ma gunna be miffed. That's always bothered me in any take on the werewolf genre (one of my pet peeves about Being Human actually). It's always made more sense to me that a werewolf's saliva would carry the disease, rather than it's claws. Sure, claws can give you an infection (heeelllo my freaking cats), but I see that more as being due to particles of old blood or tissue stuck on the claws from kills, or from running on the ground through all sorts of things. Claws transferring lycanthropy seems to lean more towards magical infection to me.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Claws and bite, or just the bite?

Back to Teen Wolf, there's also the theory that he's having these memories because he's actually a Hale. I really hope it's more to do with this.

#181 2011-07-28 20:00:29

lupinealchemist

WolfMontana wrote:

Hmm. You know, now there's all this talk about Jackson possibly being an omega werewolf, based on the last 'Search for a cure' web eppy, because he was scratched by Derek, a beta. Also hinted at as a 'maybe' from the end of the last regular episode.

If they make it that scratches inflict lycanthropy, as well as a bite, I'ma gunna be miffed. That's always bothered me in any take on the werewolf genre (one of my pet peeves about Being Human actually). It's always made more sense to me that a werewolf's saliva would carry the disease, rather than it's claws. Sure, claws can give you an infection (heeelllo my freaking cats), but I see that more as being due to particles of old blood or tissue stuck on the claws from kills, or from running on the ground through all sorts of things. Claws transferring lycanthropy seems to lean more towards magical infection to me.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? Claws and bite, or just the bite?

Back to Teen Wolf, there's also the theory that he's having these memories because he's actually a Hale. I really hope it's more to do with this.

Scratches always made sense to me cause you can contract rabies from animal scratches as well as bites.

#182 2011-07-29 09:15:22

WolfMontana

Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
"The most common mode of rabies virus transmission is through the bite and virus-containing saliva of an infected host. Though transmission has been rarely documented via other routes such as contamination of mucous membranes (i.e., eyes, nose, mouth), aerosol transmission, and corneal and organ transplantations."

#183 2011-07-29 09:52:16

The Busboy
Administrator

#184 2011-07-29 09:54:53

The Busboy
Administrator

Get notified by amazon.com for when it comes out on DVD at:
http://www.amazon.com/Teen-Wolf-Tyler-P … amp;sr=1-3

#185 2011-07-29 20:26:04

WolfMontana

Sweet smile

Can't stop theorizing about the last few episodes, based on the end of season trailer.

Kate seems to shoot Scott in front of Allison, probably to show her niece the truth about him. He seems to go running off after this, bleeding from the mouth, clutching his chest. He's not wearing a jacket though, which he is wearing in the scene where she's pointing the gun at him.

I'm assuming the end of year dance is after this? That means that Allison dances with Scott knowing what he is - accepting what he is. Everyone seems to be in formal gear for the culmination, and Allison is definitely not dressed up when Scott gets shot, which again makes me think this happens beforehand.

Course that's weird.

Stiles is harrassed by Chris (Allison's dad) in his formal shirt, so this is on the same dance night.
Scott in wolfy form is jumping off the roof in his formal gear, and he's crying against the wall, and outside.
Lydia gets attacked on the same night.
Jackson is in his formal gear when he confronts Derek towards the end of the trailer, he's kinda mussed up, so I assume this is after Lydia gets attacked? This means he survives his 'What's in here' 'Everything you want' *claws* chat with Derek earlier in the trailer. Different night... and apparently the same day that Scott is telling Jackson and Stiles that he can't protect them, because he's wearing the same gear.

Something happens with a bus on the same night. Scott is standing in front of it when an Argent tries to run him down, and Allison apparently looks inside at something terrible as she ends up crying with her hand over her mouth. Wonder who's in the bus? The vet? Mr. Harris? The janitor's body? The smoking corpse of Mr. Bear? Her long lost pet gerbil Miffles? tongue

Before all this (probably in the next episode) Scott is confronted by the Alpha and Derek together. Since Derek is doing nothing in the background, and Peter seems to refer to Derek and himself with the 'we thought' etc, Derek is apparently under Peter's power.. I guess. Regardless this is around the same time that Scott is lying on the locker room floor, and before Stiles runs in and says 'We have a big problem'.

Stiles' dad is looking closely at something on the floor of the Hale house... body? Scratches? Waz goin on dere?

INTERESTING. And frustrating, cause I'd like to know NOW. wink

Next episode description: "Co-Captain: Scott scrambles to protect the people he loves, including Allison, who's beginning to follow clues about her family history. Meanwhile, Stiles is getting closer to solving the mystery behind Derek's family."

#186 2011-08-01 23:34:05

WolfMontana

Hmm... well that was a crazy episode! big_smile

SPOILERS

So, guess I was wrong about Allison finding out Scott's secret before the dance.

Crazy crazy stuff happened. Some of it was very hard to believe...

Hard to believe bits, that pulled me out of the show:
Scott letting his mum go with the freaking alpha?!? What the hell??? That was completely unbelievable... Sure, he resolved it, but bloody hell.

Derek not scenting Kate in the hallway when he leads Jackson away. Writers always forget this. One minute their senses detect someone an hour ago from a mile away, the next, they can't detect someone creeping around a corner 15 feet away. *raspberry*

Oh, and Danny's ability to get dressed and pack in a microsecond - holy cwap! It was magic! big_smile (funny editing at beginning of episode)

Awesome bits:

"If they're holding me back from being a psychotic nutjob like you, I'm okay with that."  Nice bit of something other than doofusness from Scott. In fact the whole episode was pretty good for Scott, 'cept for the bit where he lets his mum walk off with said psychotic nutjob, and when he forgot Stiles the minute Allison was in front of him in the locker room at the beginning of the episode.

The hug between Allison and Scott was so freaking sweet!! big_smile I hope they can keep things sweet, it's rare to have in these kinds of shows.

Jackson almost getting sliced and diced by Derek! And yet he wasn't... damnit. Still curious about the memory thing, although I guess from the alpha sticking Scott in the neck bit at the beginning that he was just remembering... now wait a minute, that makes no sense. Derek wasn't in the fire, so Jackson's dreams about a fire couldn't have come from Derek. Derek himself seemed kinda surprised at the end... HMM. Theories anyone else?

That whole confrontation between Derek & Scott and Jackson big_smile Too freaking short though.

The vet helping Scott big_smile Woohoo!!!

Terrible bits:
Stiles getting his dad drunk just to get information from him.

Is it just me or does it look like Scott gets squished by a car in the next episode?

Can't freaking WAIT TILL THE NEXT EPISODE, DAMN THESE FOLKS FOR GETTING ME HOOKED.

#187 2011-08-02 00:28:57

Viergacht

Crap, I fell asleep and missed the last half hour or so. Can anyone fill me in?

#188 2011-08-02 09:13:51

WolfMontana

Watch the eppy on their website, it'd do a better job than I could.

#189 2011-08-02 09:23:15

Viergacht

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

#190 2011-08-02 09:55:32

WolfMontana

#191 2011-08-02 16:33:51

MarkOne
Website

Very intense episode. I think Jackson is somehow related to Derek. Maybe a half brother or something along those lines. How else can he remember about the house?

Agreed about the confrontation at the end. Way too short. Liked how Scott corrected Derek  with the co-captain line.

And I think Kate is working her own agenda here and getting Allison involved in it. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Next week's episode looks crazy too, like lots of secrets is gonna come out and we'll probably see a mini cliffhanger before the season finale.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#192 2011-08-02 18:31:16

WolfMontana

MarkOne wrote:

Very intense episode. I think Jackson is somehow related to Derek. Maybe a half brother or something along those lines. How else can he remember about the house?

Maybe! I really don't think they're transferred memories from Derek... He might have been there, might be the long lost relative (I think I remember reading something about Stiles seeing that there were 8 bodies, Derek said something about 11 trapped and his uncle being the only survivor...). The fire was 10 years ago though, he's alot older than that. So unless somehow he's got the alphas memories?

You know, it's funny. Every time I've watched that scene where Scott jumps down from the stairs, I swear he's going to land on Jackson wink Makes me cringe every time.

#193 2011-08-02 20:30:13

MarkOne
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

Maybe! I really don't think they're transferred memories from Derek... He might have been there, might be the long lost relative

Yeah, I'm thinking the long lost relative angle, because it was mentioned earlier in the season that Jackson was adopted. So that coupled with the visions he had about the house tells me he's related to him some how or anotther.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#194 2011-08-04 13:35:15

WolfMontana

Okie, I'm going to do some predicting about the next episode based on the preview...

Derek gets electrocuted, and apparently licked by Kate, the raving psychopathic werewolf hunter. That's a gimme. If only she was licking him while he was being electrocuted, then she'd die. Which would be fine.

Lydia is out in a field, because Jackson told her to be there. Perhaps Jackson made a deal with the alpha to trade her for being a werewolf? (I only ponder that because Stiles asks Jackson "What did you do?" and is seen running after her to warn her. If this is the case, Jackson's a sociopath, and needs to be eaten.

Jackson yells 'Come on!' in the forest, perhaps near the Hale house. Is it a 'Come on, you promised to turn me if I gave you Lydia' kinda thing? Meybe. Or is Scott in the woods with him? Or heck, is Derek back? I somehow doubt Jackson would be approaching Derek. The guy scares the crap out of him. Could be he's yelling at Scott.

Scott is possibly telling Allison everything at the dance, after his mum tells him to do so.

This is where things get possibly ugly... Scott is standing outside a bus, looking up at Allison, who's looking at him in a very pained way - like she knows what's about to happen. Two cars then drive to sandwich Scott. Which apparently happens, because Allison is distraught. Or perhaps he changes and jumps out of the way. She's looking down though for a while. Not sure. If she knew this was about to happen though, disturbing. Did she share this news with Kate? Was she complicit in the test?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's terrible if true!! Anyhoo, looks like the jig is up for Scott and his secret.

Could be that the encounter out in the woods with Kate about to shoot him happens after this. *shrug*

Still to happen:
- Stiles getting harrassed by the Argents, this probably happens before(?) the bus incident? They'd have to be pretty sure to intend to run him down like that. Pretty sucky test if they're not (kinda like the salem witch trials really... did she drown? thank god, she was human!)
- Allison's mum turns into a pit bull and snaps at Allison, or Kate, or the air, because she's creepy and crazy.
- The Sheriff is rooting around the Hale house, seeing something on the floor. Meeeybe this is after the shoot out in the home...
- Kate goes to shoot Scott in the woods, while Allison watches, freaking out.
- Lydia goes insane and paints her hospital room red. I hope they don't get rid of her. While she hasn't done much lately, she's a really interesting character.

The VET. Ooh, the vet. He's so interesting. But I'm really confused. He treats werewolves? Then... which werewolves was he treating?? Peter maybe, because apparently Peter pulls him out of Derek's car before intimately investigating Derek's spine.
But Derek had never encountered him. How's that work? If the vet knows a few werewolves, surely he would have known about Derek?

Oh, and the second alpha. Jeff Davis tweeted early on that we'd seen two alphas. Did he mean Lauren (dead) and Peter? Or is it Peter and someone else? big_smile

Inquiring minds want to know!
(the last episode was so Lost Boys big_smile )

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-08-04 13:38:19)

#195 2011-08-08 23:17:07

WolfMontana

Well holy freaking crap. What an episode! big_smile Amazing! smile REALLY WELL WRITTEN!

SPOIIIIIIIIIILERS

Lots of lovely character moments:

- sad but lovely Scott hearing his mum's call, hearing her cry, his reaction
- Scott being the protector, aaand falling off Allison's roof - HA!
- Scott & his mum talking
- Allison setting Lydia up with Stiles
- Stiles getting through to Lydia big_smile
- Scott telling Allison he loved her

Unexpected:

- what the hell is the VET? How could Scott have entered the clinic with 'mountain ash' in that doorway, if the alpha couldn't pass? how'd the chair bounce right off him, if Derek could cut him with a punch? MMAAAAYBE he's another alpha? Waaaiit... door thing again... hmm. Cats too...
- Stiles REALLY hates Derek! Holy crap! He even kept the fact that Derek most likely had Scott's phone and could therefore be LOCATED and SAVED from Scott. Wow. Shippers are going to have a hard time explaining THAT one.
- the thing between Kate and Derek, sounds like Derek might have accidentally sold his family out. Ouch. No wonder he's so freaking SOUR. Well acted by Tyler H. when this little tidbit was revealed.
- Stiles basically risking life and limb to stare down the alpha in order to save Lydia. Dude has STEEL balls.

Bloody BRILLIANT
- Scott finally giving Jackson a REASON to do what he says smile Woohoo!! Kick his ass!

Can't waaait to see next weeks. I really hope that wasn't Jackson he was saying 'Do you want the bite' to. That'll just piss me off.

Aha! Just watched the sneak peek - woot! And it was STILES who gets the offer. Thank gawd.

You know. I'll be pissed if they continue to make the alpha less threatening....

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-08-08 23:22:29)

#196 2011-08-08 23:34:08

mrRW

Have to agree that the alpha has lost of bit of his mystique.  In his alpha form, very cool.  At Macy's......

#197 2011-08-09 00:37:57

RadRed21

yea the alpha isn't quite as menacing and I'm almost losing what his purpose is. Can't he exert influence over Scott? He forced him to transform once. He can fill his head with what he wants with just a scratch. Why did he spend this episode playing silly games. And why did he attack Lydia? Also to keep nitpicking, Scott grabbing Danny to dance to avoid coach tossing him out. what? and every person in the gym seriously had that reaction towards the coach? really??? Some of things they toss in there are so contrived.

But that's me nitpicking...

The episode was good. A bit of a lull I feel but then it's the buildup to the finale so it's expected.  I have to wonder where do we go from here cuz almost the whole cast knows what Scott is now, and with how these hunters operate, I feel the only way out is for them to die, but would they kill off Allison's family like that? I feel like her aunt will die, and she probably should. She's sadistic, but her parents? Guess we'll see. The promo looked interesting. So someone else will become a werewolf. Looked like Lydia was thrashing about. Could be her. They never showed if the alpha scratched or bit her.

Excited for the finale, but also bummed cuz if they decide to do big cliffhangers it could be a LOOOONG wait until season 2

#198 2011-08-10 21:10:01

WolfMontana

News from Jeff Davis - 2 people will die in the next and last episode of the season.

Any guesses as to who?

I'm not quite sure. I'm pretty certain Lydia is going to be a werewolf in the next season, unless the Argents decide to kill her in the hospital. Jeff and Holland both said that Lydia was going to be very important to the werewolves, and that seems to be the logical conclusion there.

If I had to pick two people I wouldn't mind seeing die, then that would have to be Kate and Jackson. Kate because she's crazy and irritating. Jackson because... well, he's crazy and irritating %) Do that though, and you strip the show of quite a bit of drama inducing conflict.

So... people who are safe in my book: Scott (of course), Stiles(!!), Allison, Stiles' dad, Scotts' mum.

Everyone else is fair game I reckon, though I'm hoping Derek will make it through.

If anything, I'm thinking it might be the alpha and Kate. That way, someone else becomes the new alpha... Derek meybe? They've said that their wolfy looks will change over time. Would be good to see Derek go fully nasty, and would be even nicer if they could afford a better transformation than the 'zoom in on a still and draw fangs on eet' effect they used for Peter in the last episode. Granted, I don't think he fully shifted (waste of a good coat!) so guess that's... okay.

This'd be even cooler - what if Lydia becomes the new alpha? big_smile Yay! She could really rub Jackson's nose in that. wink

I don't think Jackson will die, because his past connection to the Hale house is still to be revealed.

And the sneak peek shows Stiles being offered the bite. He won't take it. It's been said many times by both Dylan and Jeff that Stiles never becomes a werewolf and never gets the girl. At least... for now. Just like they say NO VAMPS. Here's hoping they stick to that one above all.

*tired of vampires*

#199 2011-08-11 19:25:08

Viergacht

Aw, but vampires are fun . . . when they're being ripped to bloody shreds by a werewolf.

#200 2011-08-11 22:04:45

WolfMontana

big_smile Indeed. Especially the sparkly emo ones. http://www.thepacksden.net/thepackboard/images/smilies/angry.gif

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-08-11 22:05:01)

Board footer