You are not logged in.

#201 2011-08-12 00:00:19

Viergacht

Re: A new "Teen wolf" series

Those are the most fun to shred!

#202 2011-08-14 22:38:23

WolfMontana

Can't wait for the final episode... someone definitely gets killed in the Hale house. My bet is Kate. I HOPE! My hubby thinks it's Allison's mum or dad. Allison is crying over something, and the Sheriff is kneeling next to something in the same spot.

It looks like Peter Hale and Scott fight in the house too, in the second preview for tomorrow's episode that came out.

Looks like Scott yells "no, don't!" and there's a flash of a clawed hand (looks like Derek's maybe). Since Scott is wearing the same hoodie when he yells this that he's wearing just as Kate's about to shoot him, I think either Derek or Peter come to Scott's rescue and kill Kate.

Hmm... sooo, maybe Kate gets killed outside, and Peter Hale dies inside... that's my prediction! Have all of my predictions panned out - absolutely not! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#203 2011-08-14 22:43:16

FreeAsMe

Kate should definitely die, im still stuck on the licking thing.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#204 2011-08-15 23:24:12

WolfMontana

SPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOILERS! big_smile   Big ones, so watch out.

Holy crap! big_smile  My freaking prediction came true! Hubby now owes me a meal big_smile

*dances* Great way to wrap up the season!! Yay! Scott gets the girl, and it was awesome!

Wow moments:
- Derek 'I'm the alpha now' big_smile *bounce bounce*
- any of the alpha transformation scenes in this eppy, particularly the very nicely done stretching muzzle thing. Full on alpha was a bit awkward, but good use of practical makeup alpha in between, and I lurved the going out as a cinder bit.
- KATE BIT IT! YEAH BAYYBE!
- Allison accepts Scott as he is! big_smile Yay!

What I don't get:
- uh, how did DEREK get back up after being run through with arrows, AND shot? Exsqueeze me?
- what the hell is lydia now, if she's not a werewolf? maybe she's like the vet? was so totally bummed that she didn't get to be a werewolf! Wanted to see a female werewolf! There's still rumors of one though, just... dagnabbit.

What pissed me off:
- That stupid exchange between Derek and Jackson at the end. Aaaaand Jackson gets bit. mad

... well crap. It appears my transformation to werefangirl is complete. tongue

ZZZOOMMG!! Can't w8t 4 nxt seeeeson! lolz! tongue

Last edited by WolfMontana (2011-08-15 23:25:42)

#205 2011-08-16 00:30:55

Rayne Skyheart

I have come to the conclusion that the vet has to be a druid. He is an animal doctor and knew about the mountain ash which btw is used to make druid wands and staffs so that makes perfect sense. Not to mention it would be better than a warlock or wizard or vampire. I swear if they throw vamps in this I will boycott due to copyrite on buffy the vampire slayer.

#206 2011-08-16 10:37:26

RadRed21

^^ the creator has said on different occasions that vampires will NOT be a part of this, so I think we're safe.

The finale was good. Part of the alpha transformation I thought looked goofy, but for the budget, it was good.  I was glad to find out the hunters have a code and that Kate had gone rogue basically. I was getting nervous about what would have to happen if they kept going after Scott. Allison's mom confuses me though. In one of the last scenes, she talked as if she thought Kate did not set that fire in the Hale house, but Alison's dad knows it was her, so hmm...  So I guess Derek now fully transforms, and Jackson is the latest werewolf. Well, that was to be expected.  What IS lydia though?

They definitely left enough up in the air to offer some fresh material for season 2, and no cliffhanger too big that it'll drive us crazy until 2012.

Overall, I'm glad this show was a success.  It has SO many critics during its infancy, and I was one of the few who thought "well wait a minute, just because its MTV doesn't mean it'll automatically suck" and it didn't, so good for them! I eagerly await season 2

#207 2011-08-16 13:03:40

MarkOne
Website

I liked the finale a lot. The people I expected to be killed off in the finale were the right choices, although I thought they throw a curve with killing off Lydia, especially with that bloody scene in the hospital bed.

The CGI Alpha transformation was a bit cheesy, yes, but I think it worked for what it was. Now that they have a second season, maybe their budget will improve a bit for some better effects, especially with Derek being the alpha now.

And who's not surprised that Jackson's a werewolf now? Hopefully the guy playing him will get some better use in the role as opposed to what he did last summer in the short-lived Gates show.

Read an article online about their plans for season 2, saying that there will be a female werewolf (Is it Lydia?), Derek and Scott will be even more at odds, they're going to explore more about Jackson's past and show a bit more with Scott's mom, plus Scott and Stiles' adventures will cause more problems for Stiles' sheriff dad.

Overall, I liked the first season as a whole. I remember back in July 2010 when I sat in the Comic Con panel, being skeptical about this new series until I saw the clip from the pilot. It got my attention and I'm glad to see that the season didn't disappoint and covered things with a lot of new angles and directions.

Funny to read all those comments here on this page before the show came out, saying that this will suck because it's on MTV. As I said way back then, just because it's on the network that has Jersey Shore and Teen Mom, doesn't mean that this would be bad either. Just give it a chance and let's see how it plays out. Well, 12 weeks later, it more than proved that it's a good show with the potential to be a great one.

Can't wait till next summer and season 2!!

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#208 2011-08-17 02:27:14

mrRW

I thought the CGI for the alpha transformation worked reasonably well.  My one gripe would be that they were slightly inconsistent w/the look of the in that final scene. 

I have to say that I'm another one who enjoyed this show way more than I thought I would so bring on season 2!

#209 2011-08-17 20:15:16

WolfMontana

Indeed big_smile

Btw, interesting article with news from Jeff Davis about season 2. What I really like so far is this:

"While he wouldn't say if Derek will be next season's Big Bad, Jeff did tell us fans will see Derek recruiting new pack members. "There will be new werewolves rounding out Derek's pack because the stronger his pack, the stronger Derek becomes, the faster he'll be able to heal. The stronger your pack, the closer you get to being able to transform into a full wolf," he explains. "Our werewolves become stronger with a strong pack. They feed off each other's power, they become more powerful together."

(http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_ … lfs/258635)

I really really like this take on werewolves. Very cool. big_smile

#210 2011-09-09 09:14:55

zockereinstein

rochan wrote:

Sadly, by the news I've seen out there the show would not be so good. I mean, the guy won't become a "full werewolf", but something in-between (perhaps like the rpg werewolf call the "glabro" form). And yes, it will be fuuuull of teenagers (translation: a teenager-oriented series). They started showing glimpses of betas in transformation. By the time you see all three, there'll be no mistaking them. "They'll be physically totally different creatures," Mulcahy said. "If you had an action figure, they would be different creatures. The creatures will be totally different.'"

Sorry if I am rude, but you are much more than late here, man. Just read some of the post before.

#211 2011-09-16 18:23:03

WereWolfH

Yeah. Wow, looking at the older posts, the show's different than what we imagined... What extra features are on the dvd?

(You know I've still yet to watch the season finale all the way through!?! I keep missing how Scott and Styles manage to escape and get to the house at the end.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#212 2011-10-29 14:27:03

Viergacht

Technically no werewolves in this, but most of the main cast of Teen Wolf are in this spoof, a "gritty reboot" of the Charlie brown Halloween special: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/fec6d2 … red_videos

#213 2012-02-24 11:39:01

The Busboy
Administrator

DVD preorders are now available at:
http://www.amazon.com/Teen-Wolf-Tyler-P … amp;sr=1-1

#214 2012-03-09 11:48:47

The Busboy
Administrator

The DVD release date is May 22nd, 2012.

#215 2012-05-07 13:42:58

MarkOne
Website

New trailer promoting the second season, which starts on June 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgltcCbbmU

#216 2012-05-09 18:36:57

WereWolfH

MarkOne wrote:

New trailer promoting the second season, which starts on June 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgltcCbbmU

H#ll yeah! Just saw the clip on yourube. They say if it hits 5 million views it'll unlock the 10 minutes.

(Sorry in advance, I can't see what I'm typing. The background is light blue and white font)

#217 2012-05-21 23:28:23

WereWolfH

New Season premieres June 3rd

In the meantime watch first ten minutes on Mtv's Season 1 recap

#218 2012-05-30 16:25:57

The Busboy
Administrator

Yes, "Teen Wolf" Season 2 premieres on Sunday June 3, here's a link to the sneak peek of the first 10 minutes:
http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/series.jhtml

#219 2012-05-31 08:59:09

The Busboy
Administrator

Just a reminder that the DVD for season 1 is now available.

#220 2012-05-31 09:00:26

The Busboy
Administrator

Also, you can watch season 1 episodes online at:
http://www.mtv.com/shows/teen_wolf/vide … er=fulleps

#221 2012-06-05 15:43:18

mrRW

Must say that I was a bit dissapointed w/the season two opener.  I thought maybe they might have a bit more of a budget to work in some better special affects but it does not seem to be the case so far.  The one positive was that Lydia did look amazing.

#222 2012-07-12 21:08:14

MarkOne
Website

Just read some good news and great news about the show.

The good news: The show's been renewed for a third season.

The great news: The third season won't be for 12 episodes, it will be 24 episodes.

#223 2012-07-13 08:46:49

The Busboy
Administrator

MarkOne wrote:

The great news: The third season won't be for 12 episodes, it will be 24 episodes.

WOW!  Cool!

#224 2012-07-16 10:17:35

mrRW

MarkOne wrote:

Cool to see the show is doing well but ATM we are all watching Teen Lizard man...

#225 2012-07-16 17:13:21

WolfMontana

Yap. This season so far, for me, isn't as tightly written as the first, or as engaging. Course they were dealing with the aftermath of the bite, and going through changes, and this season had to find something else to work with. I'll keep watching though big_smile

Board footer