The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-03 15:47:24

wolfblood17

Stationary (A Mercenary Tale)

Hello, enjoy part one of this brutal little story....

Stationary

North Carolina
9:18 A.M.

He was pissing in the stall in the bathroom of a shite hole gas station.  The light coming through the grungy window was yellowed, a duller color of the fluid flowing out of him.  It was disgusting, even for a public restroom, it shouldn't smell like that.  A hollow boom exploded through the walls, shaking the room.  It was quickly followed by a loud crash, and then another boom.  Yelling from the front of the station.  Warlock, the pissing man, willed himself to go faster.  A robbery, it was the only explanation for such commotion.

Muscles tense, he zipped up and pushed quietly out of the stall.  Flushing in every public restroom sounded like a tornado, he didn't need to attract unwanted attention.  So he didn't bother with the flush, he had more important details to worry about.  Like thwarting the robbers.  Another gun exploded, they were wasting ammunition they needed.  For soon a bloody standoff was going to begin, and the enemy was going to need all the bullets they had.  Mercenaries were hard to kill, every one of his enemies learned it the hard way.

Washing his hands wasn't necessary either, his dick was clean enough the last he checked.  The memory of a shower earlier that morning provided him with the insight.  Rapidly but silently stalking towards the door, he smoothly removed the .9 mm from his shoulder holster.  Its weight was always assuring in his burly hands.  The deaths of the robbers would be quick, by the furious smoking barrel.  Or the cold steel of his blade.  A minute smile stretched his chapped lips, a nearly sensual chill ran through his body, he loved the knife.

His hand ran over the strap of his belt subconsciously, tapping a finger against the long hilt.  A volley of bloodcurdling screams and curses split the air, his day dreaming stopped, Warlock was about to shove the door open, until he heard the loud whimper.  It was from a woman, he gazed over to the air vent above the sinks.  The woman whimpered again, almost a choke.  He stood on his toes to reach the metal guard rail, it was a risky move, but he needed to calm her down.  He feared the next few whimpers would collapse into loud hyperventilation. 

"Be quiet, I'll get you out of here."  he whispered hoarsely through the bars.

The whimpering stopped for a second, and then a weak voice filtered through.  He had to strain to hear it.  "Can you hurry the gently caress up?"

Warlock chuckled grimly, "Yes," a plan went through his head.  "Are you near the vent?"

A pause, "Why?"

"Get away from it," he warned, pulling the knife out of it's holster.  A large smile gleamed at him from the wide blade, he brought it up to the edge of the grille and pushed it through, dislocating it a few inches.  Extremely easy, so far.  As he twisted the knife to the left, following the bottom of the grille, two more gunshots resounded through the door.  Warlock quickened his pace, took the chance, wrapped his fingers between grille and wall and tugged it off with a little screech of metal. 

The vent was cool, large enough for him to fit through.  He was about to throw his gun in first, but creaking hinges brought his attention to the door.  A short kid was standing in the closed doorway, scowling at Warlock, mouth ajar just enough to see a few ugly brownish teeth.  Both stood gazing at each other, shotgun against pistol.  Warlock watched the kid's eyes as, he was scared but determined.  He'd seen it many times, to the kid, violence was fun.  The kid raised the shotgun to head level, wanting a quick kill, he wasn't going to get it.

Warlock was already moving, jerking his gun in a low ark upwards and pulling the trigger.  The bullet entered straight through the nose, leaving a gory hole in its wake, and exiting the back of his head in a splatter of brains and skull fragments.  In a spray of blood clashing on the white linoleum floor, his body crashed against the door with a loud thump, sliding down until a sitting position.  Warlock stepped to the door and grabbed the shotgun, stuffing the pistol in the small of his back.  Cautious of the dead man's legs, he stepped out of the door, shotgun at waist level.  He turned quickly, towards the front of the store, but it was too late.  A man was quietly charging down the hall, large and incredibly fast.  The large man crouched, moving faster, and leaped, Warlock couldn't dodge it.

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-06-10 22:40:04)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#2 2010-06-12 09:10:46

wolfblood17

Re: Stationary (A Mercenary Tale)

He was hit in the ribs with a tremendous force, both bodies crashing into the door frame, pieces of wood swiping past his ear.  The large man followed unhinged by snapping up on his knees, dragging Warlock with him by the throat.  Warlock used the horrible balance and shoved his hands out, taking no aim, and striking the man in the gut.  It didn't push the man but an inch.  He retaliated by pulling his thick tattooed arm back and throwing a fist hard, Warlock gritted his teeth and ducked quickly, breath catching from the hand.  His only chance was the knife.

As the massive fist collided with where his head used to be, the grip on his neck loosened.  He immediately used it to buck his head violently into the man's gut, sending him back further.  Lifting his legs, Warlock planted his boots on the man's chest, squirmed his shoulders higher up the slick door frame, and shoved before much reaction from the hulk.  The hulk's eyes widened as his massive body fell back first, momentum propelling Warlock up.  His left foot on the man's chest, the right slipping on the blood from the first man. 

He fell to his knee, the hulk groaned as air was removed, shaking his head in pain.  Only for a moment, it was a sham, as Warlock grabbed for his knife, the hulk grabbed his wrist and threw him off.  Warlock's legs flopped wildly in the air, landing on his side, back to the wall.  He kicked with his left leg, at the man's side; once, twice.  Jumping up, he glanced to the end of the hall, there was no one, just isles of various products.  He looked back down at the hulk, meeting an unexpected boot to the left temple.  This time he wobbled to the right, towards the exit, keeping a weak and shaky balance on the rough wall. 

Snarling, he lunged at the man, knife swinging horizontally in a fatal arch towards the throat.  The hulk dodged, kicked out for the gut, Warlock dodged with his own kick, boot connecting boot.  Both men fell back, quickly pushing themselves forward, knife versus fist, the blade slashed across the man's knuckles, blood spraying.  He grunted, winced, grabbed the wrist with the knife, Warlock twisted his  body, jerking the large man into the wall.  Brick chafed off as the bald head bounced off, skin red.  His hand was still caught, the larger man took him over easily, throwing Warlock over his shoulder and following with an elbow to the neck.  He dodged, bone snapped against the tile, the hulk screamed, reared back up.  Baring his teeth, Warlock head butted the man in the throat, crown of his head meeting nose.

He pushed up and stood, his knife was gone.  It had clattered to the women's bathroom door when they fell.  He dove for it, shoulder hitting hard, knocking it open, grabbed the knife and lifted his upper body and balanced on his palms.  He lifted his head to a shotgun barrel, the owner pressed it harder against his forehead, forcing him to look up the barrel and into the face of a woman.

"Don't move," she ordered softly, she nodded gravely to someone behind her.  Warlock's eyes widened, it was the woman who was in the bathroom in the first place.  She was never in trouble.  The hulk lumbered over him and took the knife out of Warlock's hand, groaning.  He squirmed against the barrel, eyes blazing.

"Give me my gently caressing knife back!"

Something hard cracked the back of his skull, he blacked out.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked him.  His eyes opened wider, a hot liquid sludging into his vision.  He blinked the blood away, slowly swiveled his head to the voice.  A woman was bound to a chair, hands behind her back.  His eyes widened, who was this woman?

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-06-13 19:50:13)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#3 2010-06-18 13:55:50

wolfblood17

Sorry for the late update folks:  Warning- Brief Nudity

"Where are we?"

"Some warehouse a long ways from the gas station,"

"Who are you, are you all right?"

"Yes, I'm Sarah,"

"Great, now," he looked around the large cargo room he was in, bound to the same way as the woman.  There were only a few large boxes, rusted steel, spread sporadically through the area.

"Is this the only room?"

"No," Sarah was becoming distressed, voice cracking, higher pitched.  A sheen of sweat glistened on her forehead and throat, a basic reaction.  The heat was unbearable with the flourecent lights blaring on them.

"Look, Sarah, you're going to have to calm down for me.  I'm going to get you out," he said quietly, leaning closer.  "Now, tell me, how many gunmen are there?"

"Uhmm," she glanced away, biting her lip in frustration.  He glanced her over as she thought.  Long legs in jeans, moderate bust covered by a loose, almost transparent pink blouse.  Her white bra was out of place, Warlock finally noticed how she slouched her shoulder tight against her throat.  One of the straps was pinned under her throat, her right breast would be exposed.  Sarah was assaulted. 

He looked away, "How many men?" he demanded louder, startling her. 

She whimpered, chin trembling, "Sorry, eight, I think,"

"Estimate, good, good," he said.

"Wha-"

"Shh," he hissed through his teeth.  "I need to concentrate, give me less than thirty seconds.  Understand?"

She nodded, watched him warily.  Her mouth gaped open as he started to rub his wrist against the bindings, chafing the skin to a deep irritated red.  He gasped through the pain, cords of his neck straining violently.  It wasn't easy, the rope was tight and thick around his hands.  A sharp heated pain ran through his arms when his skin was too weak.  Blood seeped into the cup of his hands, running through shaking fingers and slowly trickling through the rope coils.  "gently caress," he hissed through his teeth.

He looked over at Sarah, "Look, is there any sharp object around here, look around for me.  Quit gently caressing staring and look around, anytime you wanna escape y-"

"Shut the gently caress up!" a male's voice cut him off, the large steel sliding door slammed closed with a reverberating boom.  An averaged height, thin man walked briskly towards them, a silver pistol in his hand.  Leather trench-coat flapping around his ankles, face set in a hard stone of confusion.  He stopped a few feet in front of his captives, scratched his cheek with the barrel of the gun.

"Alyssa told me to kill you guys slowly," he said, waving his gun wildly.  Warlock focused on his frightened face, using the pointless ranting as a distraction.  Slowly wriggling his fingers through the coils, he forced his face to solemnity.  His thumb and index fingers of the right hand wrapped around the heavy fibers and pulled.  Soon both sweaty, bloody hands were wriggling freely from the bindings. 

The man was asking him a question, short blond bangs settling over his eyes.  "Are you even listening to me?"  Warlock, clenching his hands for blood flow, looked over at Sarah, who was staring back at him.  He saw a sparkle in her eye.

Warlock then looked at his feet, staying quiet, seeing no bonds around his legs.  He grinned, getting his muscles ready, rolling his head to release the tension in his neck.  "Welcome to Hell," he mumbled, springing forward, arms lashing out.  The chair crashed to the floor behind him, the man rolled his body violently against the vice grip Warlock kept on his throat.  The gun dropped to the floor with a clatter, slid somewhere behind one of the crates, the blond man's eyes drifted towards it.  A powerful punch to Warlock's jaw, releasing the man in the momentary pain.  The man ducked and wheeled, roundhouse kick high for Warlock's head, he countered with grabbing the ankle in it's momentum and wrenching his hands down.  Bone splintered through the skin in a loud crack, he twisted again, blood spraying over his face.  The man screamed for just a second before Warlock covered his mouth by squeezing clamping both cheeks, silencing him.

The man scrambled at the ground, blood splashing over the floor, his face was scarlet with the fluids leaking from Warlock's torn wrists.  Warlock squeezed harder, shoved the man towards the nearest crate, beside Sarah.  He pushed the man's head back into the sharp corner hard.  He shoved the man's head back three more hard times, drawing large amounts of blood.  The fifth and sixth jerks of his head, squishy noises, the man's eyes rolled white.  One last brutal shove with a sickening crunch, dead, he dropped the man's head, let the brain matter seep to the floor.  A peaceful nap against the crate if not for the blood.

Wheezing, chest rising and falling heavily, sweat running down his neck, back, and arms.  He checked the body, through every pocket and crease for a holster.  His knife wasn't there.  He cursed under his breath, he bet the knife was with the woman, Alyssa.  Warlock lurched over to behind Sarah's chair and untied the strong knot, her blond hair tickling his face.  "You aren't queasy?" he asked her as she gazed at the gory remains.  A wide pool of blood was trickling towards her feet, she stepped over it and looked up at Warlock.

"No, I'm a doctor, I can handle it," she said quietly, swallowing.  Brushing her hair back behind her ear, she gazed at Warlock's bleeding wrist.  "Let me see your hands."

Warlock shook his head, "Worry about it later, I didn't shred an artery."

He glanced down at the beautiful exposed breast for just a second, and then back up at her face.  Sarah saw, gasped, blushed, and turned around, shifting and re-clasping her bra.  "Sorry," she mumbled, blushing even deeper. 

He shook his head again, turned and crept around the crate, finding the gun near the other edge.  "Who assaulted you?" he asked, picking the gun up.  He checked the safety, the clip, looked back up at the woman.  "Come on," he whispered hoarsely, voice still ominously echoing. 

The plan running through his mind to escape was severely ruined when he heard footsteps on the other side of the door.  Sarah was at his heels, bumped into him when he stopped walking with a jerk.  A barest squeaking of the hinges, he grabbed the girl's shoulder and pulled her fast for the crate.  They stopped at the far edge of the closest steel box.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#4 2010-06-18 13:59:47

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Hey Wolfblood

After you respond to this message I'm going to go ahead and move this topic over to the Stories and Poetry Section, for though it doesn't contain werewolves within the tale it probably fits better over there.

Oh and By the Way, very interesting tale.

Last edited by Vindicator (2010-06-18 14:03:58)

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#5 2010-06-18 14:25:54

wolfblood17

Thank you, I'll just stick ANY poetry and stories of mine there for now on!

big_smile (with fangs!)

#6 2010-06-18 15:18:24

Vindicator
Website

Hey your Welcome. 

It's a bit more graphic than I usually read but interesting nonetheless. wink

#7 2010-06-18 19:26:28

wolfblood17

Oh, sorry, well when I write, I send the viewers there, in the action!  Not very nice though, but reality sucks, and some of this is impossible.  Thanks for liking it nonetheless!

big_smile (with fangs!)

#8 2010-06-19 14:34:23

wolfblood17

Actually Vindicator, the more I think about it... you remember "Chronicles of a Psychopath" story?  I'm turning this into that... so werewolves are a yes.  I postponed the other one because it wasn't going anywhere, and I'm not very good at humor.  This one is much darker...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#9 2010-06-20 22:30:34

Vindicator
Website

I think it is quite brilliant when an author can project the readers into the throng of the tail. smile Just not my flavor is all. wink

Ah I actually have never read nor heard of that tale.  I'll look forward to seeing how you change around your story.  As for trying humor the more you try the better you'll get.

#10 2010-06-21 11:30:41

wolfblood17

True, there could be some subtle humor moments in this, just not as funny as the other one.  There's a cockroach scene from the other story that should draw some laughs, every time I think of it I laugh!  big_smile  Well, I'll say this is more horror/action/drama... with just enough characterization to care about the people dying.

My "Cabin 9" story is notorious now for the true horror!!!!!  And that one is another novel I'm working on.  In all there are three (last one in post production).  The last part of this is coming soon, just wanted to say that...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#11 2010-06-25 20:39:56

wolfblood17

"Stay down," Warlock whispered in her ear, "but be ready to run." 

He crept along the side of the crate, and then peeked around the corner, gun at the ready.  The steel door opened with protesting squeals, resonating through the room.  "What the gently caress?" a woman screamed, she must have seen the dead body and empty chairs.  "Find them!"

Warlock used the pounding footsteps to cover his track, he returned to Sarah.  Her eyes were wide, he put a finger to his lips to keep her silent.  She nodded, swallowed, he glanced to the top of the crate.  It was too high for him to jump up, he shook his head.  He leaned close, "Stay here," he whispered hoarsely.  She nodded again, he turned, crept for the other edge of the crate. 

Two men in black body suits leaped around the steel box in front of him.  Both were average height, faces covered by ski masks.  Lips drawn in tight lines in the mouth gap, their eyes widened, they lifted their automatic rifles.  Frowning himself, he lifted the gun and pulled the trigger twice. 

The shorter man on the right took a bullet to the throat, body jerking back to the ground, writhing violently as arterial blood sprayed high in the air.  He grabbed at his throat, flopped to the side, a scarlet river flowing through his fingers.  The left man was struck between the eyes, brains splattering in a wide arc across the floor, his head snapping back, body falling to the ground.  Warlock shot the man holding his throat through the hand, under the chin, and into the brain with a quick burst. 

Footsteps around the corner, he tensed, knuckles white on the pistol grip.  A shotgun barrel rapidly edged in sight, another masked man appeared with a automatic rifle where the first two came from.  He shouted a warning of where Warlock was, opened fire.  Leaping back and to the side, Warlock fired four rounds at the goon before he hit the ground.  Bullets whizzed by his head, at his feet, bouncing off in sparks; a ricochet struck his arm, tearing the skin.  The goon was struck in the chest twice, once right above the knee, and last in his right cheek in an explosion of blood.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#12 2010-06-29 20:42:47

wolfblood17

I'll edit this a little later.....

He immediately rolled to the side, shoulder slamming into the crate, a flurry of lead sparked where his gut was.  Warlock squeezed off two rounds, both denting the barrel with a vehement screech.  Sarah screamed behind him, he heard a violent struggle, but he couldn't look back.  Not yet.  He scrambled up before the gunman could turn the corner with a new weapon, leaped out from cover of the crate, towards the downed men.  He scrabbled for the closest automatic rifle.

Turning the corner, barrel first, he spotted no one.  Sarah screamed again, there were sounds of a large scuffle.  Grunts and a gurgling scream from a man.  Good girl, he thought, smiling grimly.  He stepped forward, two goons with rifles lurched into his sight, they turned and saw him.  Too late, sneering, Warlock pulled the trigger and released a folly of lead into the men.  Their chests and head's exploded with scarlet liquid, some of it even hitting his face.  Bodies jerking back from the force of the bullets, they fell to the ground, well beyond dead.

Stepping to the edge of the crate, he looked out into the rest of the warehouse.  Three bodies lay atop each other in a hideous sack of blood, broken bones, and even some brains.  He looked away, there was heavy scuffling somewhere.  Groans, grunts, the sound of skin meeting skin.  Women were fighting.  Warlock needed to hurry.

He backed out of the narrow alley between crates, into a hard object.  It moved, up and down along his spine, a chest.  The hulk.  He felt arms lifting at his sides, he ducked and whirled around, firing.  The hulk grunted and grabbed the seething barrel, pointing it away from his extended gut. 

Warlock kept his finger on the trigger, hoping the force of the recoil would help him.  Bullets pelted the wall, the explosions deafened him, he kicked out with a foot.  It didn't connect, the hulk jerked back, speed defying his bulk, and tore the gun from Warlock's hands.  The trigger tore skin from his index finger away, he screamed in pain, he couldn't hear it.  No sound reached his ears correctly, the gunfire nearby became muffled pangs.  The hulk's voice was deep and low.  He noticed a rectangular piece of wood on either side of the man's thick neck.

Lifting his lips in an enraged, silent snarl, the hulk lifted a heavy foot and kicked Warlock straight in the chest.  His body lifted into the air, back smacked hard into the ground, he winced from the pain.  Jerkily looked up, the hulk wasn't carrying an automatic rifle, a long wooden handled ax swung lightly in each hand.   Warlock's eyes widened in a surge of fear, it was a truly menacing sight. 

The barreling chest of the seven foot monster that stood over him, massive arms the size of tree trunks, thick muscular legs.  Long grey hair lay in a pony tail along his back, two day old stubble lined his blocky chin, accentuating the dark green eyes.  He lay the axes on either side of him, removed the trench coat and through it aside.  Now he was in a bullet proof vest and jeans, arms wrapped by black tattoos. 

He picked each ax up again, swung them in a wide circle, slicing the air.  Warlock finally moved, stood up on shaky legs.  Rolling his shoulders, he put both fists out in a challenge, waving his fingers.  The hulk screamed in the muffled air and charged, axes singing of a slow bloody death.  Warlock narrowly dodged the two blades as they jerked for his waist.  He leaped back two more steps, slipped on the blood, as the hulk recoiled and swung again.

This time it was for the neck, he slid back on the blood, grabbed the corpse's clothes and propelled himself over.  The axes tore at the dead man's chest, spraying blood into both men's faces, the hulk wrenched the silver out of the corpse.  Warlock jerked up and kicked at the left arm.  It was successful, the ax fell to the side.  He picked up the automatic rifle at his side.  The ax came down with another arc, Warlock twisted the rifle, barrel and grip in each hand for shielding.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#13 2010-07-08 23:18:27

wolfblood17

Damn my need for writing.... there's much more to this story than I thought.

A sharp pang went through his arms as the ax connected, orange sparks burned his fingers.  Metal screeched, force of the ax shoving the barrel into his chest, the blade was centimeters from his throat.  Warlock pushed the barrel up, but the ax barely budged.  Adrenaline surged through his veins, he pushed harder, muscles in his arms straining violently.  The forces of both men were almost tangible, their faces pinched in fury. 

His elbows were pointed in varying sharp degrees, cracking from the applied pressure, throat red as too much stress took over.  The hulk was salivating at the corners of his lips, eyes wild but focused on him.  Warlock focused most of his strength in the legs, slowly pushing his knees up, the blade got closer to his throat.  He wrenched upwards, striking the hulk in the thighs.  It lifted the large man's body, propelling him and the deadly blade back.  The front half of the gun barrel snapped off, Warlock released the grip and let it slip to the ground, the sharp end of the barrel would work.

The new weapon was light, uneven tip peeking out of the loop of his right fist.  He rolled heel over head away from the hulk and leaped up, eyes widening he immediately ducked.  Two axes were arcing with screams for his throat, the barrel tip acting like a piston he shoved forward, following the flow of his fall.  Point piercing the outer thigh, the hulk screamed, Warlock's grip tightened and angeled down, slicing easily into the leg.

He pulled it out when he felt it scrape against the knobby knee bone.  The hulk still had enough strength to punch him in the gut hard.  Warlock gasped, air winded out of him, and recoiled.  Face stoic, he looked down at the hulk.  He was salivating through tightly clenched teeth, afraid of showing any more weaknesses.  Warlock would've preferred for the man to scream all he wanted. 

There was one gunshot, a body falling heavily to the floor.  Footsteps echoed off of the walls, disguising the walker's position.  "Stop!" he demanded, voice sounding like more like a bark.  The footsteps paused, "Sarah?" he inquired.

"Yes,"

"Oh, okay then, come on out."

The footsteps started again, and then he thought of something.  "On second thought if you don't have my knife, don't come out."  Sarah stopped for a long moment, confused.

Grunting, the hulk groggily shook his head and gazed at him, eyes wide and unfocused.  "Just kill me already," he wheezed.

Warlock glanced at him, face emotionless.  He considered the hulk's request deeply for a moment.  The man was a great fighter, and Warlock was almost at the brink of exhaustion.  It led to a great amount of respect, he nodded, the hulk deserved an honorable, quick death.  "All right," his nod more distinct.

The hulk clumsily nodded back, thankful, smiling slightly.  "Where's my truck, and the knife?" Warlock asked, they were the most important questions of the night. 

"Outside in the back, the knife's in the truck.  We didn't find much use for it."

"Well aren't you a bunch of considerate mother fuckers?"

Sarah was creeping along the edge of the crate farthest from the hulk.  He glanced briefly at her, bent down and reached for an automatic rifle.  He switched it to semi-automatic with a click by his finger.  Hoisted it, aimed straight at the hulk's head.  The hulk closed his eyes, Warlock pulled the trigger.  Brain splattered half of the side of the crate, some of it spraying into Warlock's face.  He blinked, ignoring it, looked up at Sarah, who's face was draining of color.

"Can we please get the gently caress out of here now?"  Blood was patterned in a sickening portrait of death across her blouse, digging into the skin below.

Warlock nodded.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#14 2010-07-12 14:06:32

curiousape

I love it
is there more?

if you expect something to happen, it will; whether good, bad or judgmental 
but if you hold no expectations, the world opens up with myriad possibility

#15 2010-07-12 17:16:38

wolfblood17

Yes, there is a little more... less violent (still some) but more drama...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#16 2010-07-16 01:09:26

wolfblood17

Warning: Strong Pervasive Language and some Sexual Content

He stuck both axes in the bed of the truck, snapped the covering over it.  A large spout stuck out of the side of the old red brick, seemingly much older than the warehouse itself.  Ducking down Warlock turned the spout, almost jerking back when the rusted gold paint chipped off in his hand.  He shook his head, just a bit more to clean up, it won't harm anything.

"Where did you learn to kill like that?" Sarah asked.  She was leaning on the grille of his truck, hands deep in her pockets against the cold chill of the night.  The blood on her blouse was more violet now in the dim light of the headlights. 

"I'd ask you the same thing.  What you did in there couldn't have been part of gently caressing medical school." He busied himself with furiously rubbing his hands under the cold water, cleaning any blood off.  Something was wrong, dreadfully wrong.  He

Sarah sighed, "My father was a soldier."

"He was a Gunny?  That explains a lot..." he cleared his throat over the wall.
    "A Gunny?"

"A trigger happy soldier, they love to shoot.  That's what I call 'em anyway, a Gunny.  gently caressing sadistic bastards," he whispered the last part, glancing down at his jeans.  His knees down were getting wet from the heavy spray, he decided to clean his face and neck now of the blood. 

A long pause from Sarah, he could hear hard breathing, trying to control her anger.  "My father was a good man, not a sadistic bastard."

He didn't answer; moved on to scrubbing the chilled water over his greasy face.  His breath came out in gurgling sputters of joy, glad for the heat to end.  Sucking some of the water into his mouth, he coughed as it went too fast down his throat.  Relishing didn't describe what he felt, so dry, scratchy and hot in the heat.  Pure and simple survival, nothing else.  Although he could really go for an icy beer.  Inwardly smiling, he nodded his head at the special insight.

Cupping his hands together, he pooled more water and lifted it to his lips, dipping his head and drinking heavily.  He took two more long cups and stood up, legs straining from exhaustion, turned around with a light groan.  Sarah was still in her spot, staring at the ground, arms crossed under her breasts.  "You can clean up now," he said hoarsely, coughing.  Startled, she glanced up at him, fire still in her eyes, he stumbled to halfway between truck and wall.

She breezed past him.  "I'm sorry if I insulted your family," he whispered, gripping her shoulder lightly, stopping her, "you're a good person too."

They met eyes, her bright green losing the rest of the fire, replaced by confusion.  "Thanks," she mumbled, jerking out of his grip and continuing to the spout.  He didn't watch, stepping to the open driver's door and slipping in with a exasperated groan. 

Leaning his head over the back of the seat, he stared at the grey ceiling.  Warlock felt like an asshole, companion to his exhaustion.  He shouldn't have said that to the woman, they help each other and he retaliated harshly.  Slapping a fist against his thigh in frustration, he shook his head.  When he chose to do the job eight years ago, he knew that there would be hard sacrifices.  One of them was loosing a woman, any relationships in general.

His eyes drifted closed, preferring the darkness for deep thinking. 

Something drew him to Sarah though, he didn't quite know what it was.  With the only other three women he'd been with in the eight years...

"Flirt, have dinner, gently caress, and leave immediately.  gently caressing pathetic man," he cursed himself out loud.

Don't do that with this woman.

Why not?  I haven't had a woman in two years.

This time is different, you actually have the time to get to know her!  You've already been with her for a few hours.

Oh sure, most of those hours I was unconscious.  gently caressing logical side, do just that and gently caress off, for good.

Accept the reality you asshole!  You want a woman, at least for longer than a few hours.  There's one right there in front of you.  Grow some balls for your pussy and get to know her!

His eyes flashed open, well that was a bit harsh.  Sometimes that's what it takes...

A hand tapped his shoulder lightly, he jerked, gasped, looked to his left.  Sarah was gazing at him warily, "Uhmm, can I borrow some clothes?  If you have any,"

He blinked a few times, eyebrows knitting at the request, he smiled.  "Yeah,"

"Thanks,"

He briefly nodded, leaning over the seat and pulling his red leather suitcase out.  Thumping it on the passenger seat, over the two duffel bags of money, he zipped them open.  Sarah waited patiently as he dug through and brought forth greenish cargo pants and a black t-shirt.  Turning, he handed her the folded clothes and rested back in his seat.

"They won't fit, but they're something," he said.  She nodded, stayed quiet, again stalking towards the spout.  He knew she was at war with herself, just as he was with himself.  He didn't know what it was about though.  This time he did watch her, for only a moment. 

Sarah leaned down and rested the folded clothes on a nearby slab of concrete.  Her side was to him, so he saw the translucent blue blouse getting looser as she unbuttoned it slowly.  Almost in a seductive dance, a reward for her helper.  Warlock swallowed, not being able to help himself from the unintended show.  When it hung loosely from her moderate breasts, she shrugged the ruined material to the ground, only in white bra.  She felt his eyes on her, turning her head to stare blankly in his direction. 

Warlock immediately looked away, he glanced back down; just enough to see a smile grazing her cheek as she turned.  He needed the radio to distract himself, a lust was starting to build in his loins.  "Two years without gently caressing and you get horny with a woman's bra.  Sick," he shook his head.  He pressed the power on for the radio and turned the dial until he found a working station. 

It was at the end of a special news report: ".... a woman of average height and thin structure, with blonde shoulder length hair, mixed with streaks of brown and auburn.  Her name is Sarah Adamson..." he couldn't hear the rest, he didn't need to.

His eyes snapped up to the woman, the cords of his throat standing up.  An enraged heat surged through his veins, he could feel it almost melting his cheeks.  He blindly gripped for the knife, hands shaking.  To actually think about gently caressing her, much less the far future of a little love!  gently caressing a homicidal b****, shaking his head in savage denial, teeth grinding, he glared at the woman for one more moment.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#17 2010-07-16 11:46:04

wolfblood17

The warning in that first post corresponds to this post to, but less sexual content.  It's just a story... keep telling yourself that.... Oh sorry folks, no werewolves in this novel... but not all stories need to be supernatural... hmm

Leaping silently to the ground, his grip on the knife tightened.  Uncaring of the shadows he speared across the warehouse wall, he started for her.  Before she could turn around he lifted the blade and wrapped her neck with his thick free arm.  Gasping for air, she bucked violently, head jerking in all directions on his chest.  Her legs flailed high in the air, almost throwing him off balance if he didn't keep pushing forward. 

"Enough!" he tilted the knife's edge into her skin, she immediately stopped struggling.  "Move much further than a gently caressing centimeter and I gut you!" he breathed into her ear.  He could feel her breasts heaving with each breath, his arm was cradled between the fleshy mounds.  It snaked to his hand, which was pinning the tip of the long blade to her gut. 

"I'm going to ask you simple questions, and I want the truth.  Do you understand?"

She nodded once, whimpering.  He didn't hear the question she gasped out.

"What?" he loosened his grip on her throat but pushed the knife deeper, but still not piercing her skin.  She gasped, Warlock grinned sardonically.  Sarah was of course a woman, but he needed information.  To achieve it, pain and terror needed to be inflicted, it was his only way.

"How many?"

"How many what?"

"Questions,"

Warlock quickly pondered, "As many as it takes,"

"Can you please, just quit..." she gasped again, gut fluttering against his palm, "stabbing me with the gently caressing knife?"

"No,"

"gently caress," she whined, "I'm not going to run.  I don't stand a chance against you,"

"I can see right through you b****, that might be a lie, which results in death." He pressed the knife deeper, drawing a bead of blood out of the wound.  Sarah screamed.

"I promise!  I promise!" she started crying, he felt hot tears bouncing along the wrist pinned under her chin. 
    He glared down at the blonde crown of her head, hair blowing slightly in the breeze, it tickled his nostrils.  Shaking his head, he drew back, glancing down the valley of her breasts, he could tell it was uncomfortable for her.  If it wasn't so dangerous, and he wasn't so pissed, it would be very erotic.

All he needed was to.... enough! his mind roared.  Don't distract yourself! 

"All right," he didn't bother to explain the rules of not running.  Everyone knew them, they were unspoken and vital to survival.

She shrugged out of his grip on her throat, pushed the knife away, slapping at it hard.  A stinging burn ran up his arm.  It vanished as soon as it came, he still held the blade towards her though.  She stepped just out of reach and turned towards him, eyes bloodshot and watery.  Emotions blended from rage, fright, and sadness.  "What the gently caress?" she asked breathlessly, pulling her hands palm up in question, letting them slap her outer thighs. 

He motioned her to step into the darkness with his knife.  "Your full name," it wasn't a question, it was an order.  Warlock used the same tone his commander did in boot camp.

Pausing, Sarah watched him for a second, not speaking.  "What's this about?" she asked innocently, voice stronger.  She would've been glad, not so close to the deadly steel.  Warlock didn't give a damn.

"Full gently caressing name!" he screamed, stepping closer.  Sarah backed up reflexively, eyes flitting to the tip of the blade.  "Look me in the eyes," he said, tone dropping.  Throat clenching over and over again in the anger.  She glanced up, and then away to the truck, only a foot away.  He drew the knife closer, ready for anything.

"Look me in the eyes!" his tone and decibels sharply rose again.  She finally glared up, her eyes almost completely black with rage in the darkness.
    "Emily Bryant,"

Warlock narrowed his eyes, furrowed his brows in confusion.  He cocked his head, "What the gently caress happened to Sarah?  I told you about lying to me," he jabbed the knife in her direction, still far enough. 

Flinching back she answered, "I never use my real name,"

He spun the knife in a circling arc for her to continue.     

"My father said to use a false name, so I can use it when I get in trouble.  I even have false I.D."

"Smart man," he paused, nodding in respect and pursing his lips.  "Would that alias be Sarah Adamson?"

big_smile (with fangs!)

#18 2010-07-17 14:45:52

curiousape

ooh
Que the dramatic music and sound effects big_smile

please go on

if you expect something to happen, it will; whether good, bad or judgmental 
but if you hold no expectations, the world opens up with myriad possibility

#19 2010-07-17 22:17:51

wolfblood17

"Yes,"

"Well why would a doctor be leading a band of murderous assholes, and one b****."

Her eyes widened, it was dawning on her why she was being held at knife point.  Warlock thought it was obvious, but she was genuinely confused.  "How did you know?"

Warlock jerked his chin in the direction of the truck, "You're a very wanted person Emily," he paused, "anyone listening to the radio just learned your name.  Every gently caressing detail about you, they know what you look like."

"Damn," she frowned, eyes frightened now.  She looked down at her feet, chewed on her bottom lip.  Warlock thought it would be a waste to kill her, she was cute when frightened.

"How could you be so stupid?  You go into a gas station, they have cameras!  Someone is eventually going to find out what you look like.  I could turn you in, but I'm not going to."

She ignored the last statement.  "We never went into a gas station with cameras, we targeted old ones.  Rosco checked that in each potential hit."

"Checked that they had no cameras," he repeated, "then you left a witness alive but didn't wear a mask.  You were asking to get caught,"

"No, those son of a bitches ratted me out!"

"Who?"

"I kicked them out of the group, they were too psychotic.  They were about to shoot a little girl, so I stopped them and told them to gently caress off."

Warlock rolled his eyes, "How many of them?"

"Two..."

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end, he suddenly didn't feel safe in the light.  "Get in the truck," his gaze went to the darkness behind her. 

"I don't think they'll bother us,"

He shook his head, "I'm not gonna take that chance."

"By now they would've been arrested, they're stupid,"

big_smile (with fangs!)

#20 2010-07-19 22:19:45

wolfblood17

"So are you," he said blatantly. 

She scoffed, "At least I don't kill children!"

Warlock switched to more important matters, "Look, please get in the truck."

"Why?  Your going to kill me anyway," she said, waving her arms in frustration.  "Just save the trouble of cleaning your car and do it right here."

He groaned, rubbed his temples with the free hand, looked down at the ground.  "I'm not going to kill you.  Now get in the truck."

Sarah's eyes widened, "From gutting me to giving up?"

"I'm too damned tired, every muscle is sore, my joints are popping like an old fart.  I'm not going to kill you."
    She eyed him warily for a long moment, "If you weren't tired, what would be the reason for keeping me alive?"

He sighed, ignored the question.  Now he was being interrogated himself.  Warlock didn't enjoy that at all. 
"Look, I'm giving you a second chance at life, and give up on asking the questions.  You know what?  If you get in the truck..." he paused, shook his head, "Oh gently caress it, just get in the truck."

"No," she said, confident and truly defiant.  She would have been a b**** in adolescence. 

He sheathed the knife back in the holster at his hip, glaring at the woman.  One nod, assuring her.  Immediately he rushed at her, arms wrapping around her waist, she screamed.  It was moments ago all over again, he was stronger now though.  Far more determined to just leave, and rest.  Why was that so difficult to ask for? 

Kicking savagely at the air and leaping back into him again, she proved to be a tough match.  He soon reached the passenger door, grunting with each strike of skull against his collar bone.  Quickly moving one arm to her neck in a strangle hold, he latched his free hand quickly to the handle and yanked the door open.  "Stop screaming," he ordered harshly, shoving her into the car hard.  Her lower legs bounced off the bottom of the door frame and the back of her head collided hard with the ceiling. 

The screaming stopped immediately with a snap of grinding teeth.  Sarah's eyes rolled wildly, closing, head slumping limply to the side.  His eye's widened in shock, he didn't realize how hard he threw her in.  It was almost a reflex, it happened so fast.  "Damn," he cursed, stepping back and slamming the door.  He lumbered over to the water spout and turned it off with a loud screeching; turned and retrieved his clothes from the concrete slab. 

Quickly hopping into the car, he flipped the engine on, severely disappointed.  Warlock didn't get the chance to use his knife tonight.

All right, I've changed the ending... much better?

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-07-25 23:25:45)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#21 2010-07-21 20:26:24

WolFang

Hey Man,
1.) I've already this when you posted it on fb. 2) Wonderful job  with the descriptiveness and intensity of the action sequences. This is brilliant The only thing that needs improvement in my opinion would be th very end. I mean it sounds like a super intense action story that a 4 year old accidentally recorded a Wendy's commercial over the very end. So to sum up: You made a work of art with a bad finish. I'd give you 4 stars and 5 if you could come up with a more epic ending. Good Job R.K.

#22 2010-07-21 20:43:22

wolfblood17

Yes, I realize the sappy ending now... anybody have any ideas on fixing it?  And thanks for the review! big_smile

big_smile (with fangs!)

#23 2010-07-25 23:30:29

wolfblood17

Chapter 2: Breaker

Furtively glancing to the unconscious Sarah, he rested his hands in his lap.  His eyes slowly roved to the white, greasy paper bag on the seat between them.  Despite the muggy heat suffocating his truck, fried meat and potatoes were a definite must.  His lust for food was stronger right now than gently caressing the woman.  The aroma steaming from the bag tickled the hairs of his nostrils, his stomach growled in rage.

"Damn," he mumbled, quickly unstrapping the seatbelt and yanking the keys out of the ignition.  He needed to hurry and get a room before indulging in all of the fries or burgers in the truck.  One last glance at Sarah, who's head had rolled to rest against the window.  She wouldn't be going anywhere. 

Opening the door to the heat, he wanted to quickly get into the manager's office.  Warlock had parked right in front of the entrance to the condo-like building.  Bright lights washed him, he winced from the intensity, it was dimmer through the trucks tinted windows.

An old man with steely green eyes glanced up at him.  "Evening," the old man called out with a warm smile.  Warlock could here the crisp aged voice from across the room.  As he drew nearer the old man, pushed his rounded spectacles higher up his nose.  A casual, grey haired manager with a real social heart.  "What can I do for you on this fine night?"
    "Hey, uh..." he thought for a second, "I need a room with two double beds."

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-08-01 09:07:55)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#24 2010-08-01 15:13:00

wolfblood17

The old man nodded sagely, narrowing his eyes and scratching his stubble.  He shook his head, "Sure thing sir.  It has air conditioning, clean bathroom and beds, anything you'd want in a motel."

Great, some air conditioning, he smiled at that.  The air blowing out of the vents in the ceiling dried the cold sweat on his the back of his neck and chest, matting his longish hair.  "Great, it's hotter than hell out there," he paused, glancing at the mock van Gogh painting of Starry Night.  A mild chuckle huffed heavily out of his lungs, sounding more like a snort.  Why did all motels have some sort of odd, out of place painting like this.

"Can I do anything else for ya?" the manager asked, scratching at his nostrils with a knuckle. 
    "Uh, no, not right now, I'll just sign in."

A slight jerk of the head in a nod, face professionally stoic for both them.  Warlock figured he was a bit intimidating, so neither men wanted a full blown conversation with the other.  The relationship was strictly business, absolutely perfect for Warlock. 

He signed the names as Eric Straights and Emily Bryant, inked the date, glanced up at the clock, glanced back down to scribble it neatly.  Warlock ran his index finger through the last column, checking if he missed anything.  Distinctly aware of the chair rolling back to him, he didn't look up until a knobby, liver spotted hand shoved a key in his vision. 

"Thanks," he muttered, gripping the key.  It had a large red, neat eight stenciled in.  Warlock cleared his throat, dismally thinking he'd made a mistake about either name.  He shook his head slightly, forcefully shoving the thought into much darker recesses of his mind.  Now wasn't the time. 

Looking over his shoulder, he stood straight, then gazed back down at the manager.  "That'll be twenty three seventy five each night," the old man said.  "How long are you staying?"

Warlock shrugged, "I'm not sure yet, can I pay for tonight and see how it all goes from there?"
    The manager nodded, "Twenty three seventy five,"

He reached into his pocket for the few strand bills.  Two twenties, without speaking he handed them over the old desk, rested his elbows on the edge.  There was nothing to say.  Warlock didn't want to talk pleasantries, he wanted those burgers.  Stared up at Starry Night in boredom.  The manager brought his attention back with a clearing of his throat, handing the change to him. 

"Have a good night Mr. Straights,"

Warlock pocketed the change quickly and nodded curtly, "You to," he mumbled, turning for the doors.  He passed by the vending machines with only a half glance, large fountain drinks were already in the cup holders.

"Wait," the old man yelled behind him, Warlock turned, eyebrows lifting.  "Room's to the left, fourth door,"

"Oh, thanks," Warlock huffed a laugh, nodded, stepped out the door.  He didn't look back, gazed at Sarah's outline through the tinted windows.

big_smile (with fangs!)

Board footer