The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-09 19:17:22

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Feeling unusually wolfy lately

Anybody else noted a peculiar upsurge in shifting/shifted feelings or is it just me?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#2 2010-06-09 20:39:30

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

Re: Feeling unusually wolfy lately

changes with the seasons...maybe?

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#3 2010-06-09 23:04:05

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

I have. I'd say the past one or two weeks, I've had a big uptick in shifts (mostly mental shifts). I attribute it to two things though (for me):

1. A LOT of stress has been taken off of me recently. Classes finished about a month ago and I had an insane schedule, 17 hours along with human biochemistry (by far the most challenging class I've taken thus far). Also, two weeks ago I took the MCAT, so naturally I was quite stressed about that as well. Since that's been completed, I've noticed that I've been a lot more loose and have "allowed" myself to shift more (as apposed to suppressing them).

2. Within the past two weeks or so, being free, I've begun to go out exploring around the area. I've gone hiking a couple of times, visited some different parks and a national wildlife refuge, and ultimately just had a good time out in the woods. I find that that has allowed me to relax a little more and perhaps has stimulated more shifting.

I won't lie, I'm glad to have them come back. The past semester or so, not shifting and suppressing shifts did a lot to increase my overall stress levels and frankly wore me out.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#4 2010-06-10 03:50:52

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Everyone has periods like this.  Some people think they're brought on by stress, others think they're spontaneous.  I wouldn't worry.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2010-06-10 04:48:20

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Eh, it's spring is my excuse. Winter's gone, could just be an emotionally-linked subject. I don't know, don't care t o think about it.

<3

#6 2010-06-10 11:39:55

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

White Wolf wrote:

I have. I'd say the past one or two weeks, I've had a big uptick in shifts (mostly mental shifts). I attribute it to two things though (for me):

1. A LOT of stress has been taken off of me recently. Classes finished about a month ago and I had an insane schedule, 17 hours along with human biochemistry (by far the most challenging class I've taken thus far). Also, two weeks ago I took the MCAT, so naturally I was quite stressed about that as well. Since that's been completed, I've noticed that I've been a lot more loose and have "allowed" myself to shift more (as apposed to suppressing them).

2. Within the past two weeks or so, being free, I've begun to go out exploring around the area. I've gone hiking a couple of times, visited some different parks and a national wildlife refuge, and ultimately just had a good time out in the woods. I find that that has allowed me to relax a little more and perhaps has stimulated more shifting.

I won't lie, I'm glad to have them come back. The past semester or so, not shifting and suppressing shifts did a lot to increase my overall stress levels and frankly wore me out.

Yeah this might be similar to me actually. It's been an intense year at law school and I think having much more pressing matters to attend to causes me to neglect or never be in the mood for shifting. I should definitely try the walking in the woods thing, it sounds like it has real benefits.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#7 2010-06-10 12:59:30

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! How's it going though? I'd definitely recommend that, besides just relieving stress and everything, being out in the woods is a great place that you can be free to have a mental shift really without anyone around.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#8 2010-06-10 17:35:28

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I usually put aside time later at night (or in the day to walk in the woods) when I need to deal with it.  If not doing something (like voluntary shifting) is bothering you, you need to make time for it.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-06-10 17:36:32)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#9 2010-07-17 00:15:32

LoupGarouAngel
Website

I know i'm dragging up an old post, but didn't want to start a new one when my post pertains to the same thing.

The past 2 weeks I have been feeling extremely animalistic almost all the time. Examples of this are phantom shifts with mood changes, mental shifts almost every night when I walk outside, constant dreams of being wolf and overall very wolf like thoughts and actions. It's especially apparent when i'm ticked off at someone, I can feel phantom hackles raised, ears plastered to my head, my nose crinkles in a snarl and I feel a phantom tail being held up in a show of dominance.

I'm enjoying it to be honest, as when school and work bog me down, it's like i'm being beaten into submission, and these feelings maybe still occur, but not nearly as strong. However, at the same time this brings about some feelings of loneliness, as I keep feeling the need to find another therian of any type to talk to and share feelings with physically, not just through text.

Sorry for the ramble, I needed to get these things out, need to talk to others like me, so any other experiences or recent stories I would love to hear. smile

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

Board footer