The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-10 08:29:50

Jeanne

What do you think about my werewolf concept?

I’m writing a coming of age story with dark and disturbing mood. In my story lycanthrope is infection much similar to rabies. It passes to victim through saliva; if the victim survives the bite (well, victim not likely to survive cause werewolf is so powerful). Though, only victim with AB blood type becomes werewolf because of lacking of anti-A and anti-B antibodies which could eliminate the disease. Transformation from man to animal is extremely tormenting human’s mind can't cope with. The victim all goes insane, runs rampage, assaults a lot of people, spreading the disease. However, they are likely to be killed in short time (of cause).

Then comes my main character (one of the main characters, though). She is the only sane werewolf because she was born that way. Never has fully human’s mind and never undergoes transformation. Her mind is simple, primitive, but definitely not animal one. Her mother was young Swiss woman bitten by a werewolf while pregnant. Like any other victims, she couldn’t stand transformation and went insane. She ran amok attacking people; then captured by local hunter. She was bought by circus owner and be brought to USA.

My main character and her mother both have AB blood type. That’s how she becomes werewolf, getting the disease via her mom. Her mom underwent labor and broke free, never be seen again.

Well, my werewolf has superhuman strength, speed, stamina, reflect, and senses; especially olfaction. They could smell their prey from miles away. Furthermore, if they have functioned mind like my main character does; they could even sense people emotion from changing of their scent.

Of cause my werewolf is vulnerable to silver. Not only silver but all metals; depending on its electric conductivity. While steel could make them grow rash because low conductivity of iron, silver could burn their flesh like concentrated acid.

All animal instinctively terrifies of werewolf because they are the most powerful predator on earth. I add this aspect to alienate my werewolf from their surrounding. They couldn’t stand civilization (civilization is plentiful of metal); however, nature couldn’t stand them (as animal fear them).

All werewolf in my concept runs rampage all the time (except my main character who is sane) but shape shifts only 3 days during full moon period (metaphor of menstruation). In the case of my main character, her bloodthirstiness increases as moon waxing and reaches its peak on full moon night. As moon waning, she calms down.

This is my concept of werewolf to write in my story. What do you think about it?

Last edited by Jeanne (2010-06-10 16:26:51)

#2 2010-06-10 15:09:29

wolfblood17

Re: What do you think about my werewolf concept?

Awesome!!!!!  Finally, totally bloodthirsty werewolves!  The ones on this sight are definitely not bloodthirsty. and I'm not even a werewolf... but I know a lot about them.  It seems in this story you're bringing the classic "evil" werewolf everybody  fears.  The all metal weakness, an interesting take, and new!  Now, I'm a gore-hound (LOVES blood and gore), so, action?  In your story?

P.S. - Welcome to the WerewolfCafe!!  smile *waves once and then goes back to business*

Last edited by wolfblood17 (2010-06-10 15:10:35)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#3 2010-06-10 15:51:21

Jeanne

Thank, wolfblood17. My story is mainly drama but enough blood and killing.

#4 2010-06-10 18:51:47

wolfblood17

Good enough for me.  I love dramas all the same!  I hope to see it soon.  You may like my story "Cabin 9", I don't know.  Here:

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/i … 95-Cabin-9

You don't have to read it... just giving some options for a stormy night (where I am at least).

big_smile (with fangs!)

#5 2010-07-09 07:11:27

SilentStrider

Jeanne, Your story sounds like it is rich in potential and it seems like you've given the character's background quite a bit of thought which is something that will help bring your her to life in the minds of your readers.  I would love to see you develop your concept into something more, and I have no doubt that it would be one worth reading too.

I'm also working on writing a full length novel that I hope to get published one day.  I've invested a lot of time in developing it and I've learned more than a few tricks along the way and have been given plenty of pointers all of which have contributed to improving my writing in tremendous ways.  If you ever want some advice or an honest and fair critique, I'd be happy to help you, because like I said this looks like a promising story and I would really love to see you work on it.

Like Wolfblood, I too have my story posted here and if you'd like to check it out I would be honored. 

http://forum.werewolfcafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=3619

I'll warn you in advance it is a lengthy read so far and I'm only about half way done with the story to date, but in my opinion (as well as quite a few others here at the cafe) it's coming along extremely well for a first draft.  If you feel up to the challenge of reading it you may be able to learn a thing or two from my experiences and it may even be fun to bounce ideas and story concepts at each other.

#6 2010-07-09 07:30:23

wolfblood17

Same as SilentStrider, I give helpful advice to anyone that wants it.  Just saying, and tell me what you think of my story if you do read it...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#7 2010-07-09 15:04:11

ShadowWolf2010
Website

Very nice concept!

I chose to go the other way around, by protraying werewolves as more human than in previous incarnations in film and literature. However, I do have a few bloodthirsty psychopathic lycanthropes in my book (which is posted under the post called Wolf- Prologue) so I haven't totally abandoned the concept. I would be more than happy to read over what you post and help out how I can with suggestions as well.

Last edited by ShadowWolf2010 (2010-07-09 15:04:48)

--Tony
"Woof."

#8 2010-07-12 14:11:22

curiousape

you must write more , it seems like you have a truly great idea on your hands and it would be best to let it flourish and see where it goes

if you expect something to happen, it will; whether good, bad or judgmental 
but if you hold no expectations, the world opens up with myriad possibility

#9 2010-10-07 04:25:22

Jeanne

Thanks for replies. don't come here for long time. I'm working on my story. But of cause it's written in my mother tongue. I can translate them a bit for opinion but can't write them in English, too much for my ability though.

Board footer