#2 2010-06-23 15:11:25

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: Official Plot Synopsis for 'The Howling: Reborn'

Thank you for the link!

#3 2010-06-23 23:20:19

Viergacht

I am really, REALLY hoping this turns out well. It's been my dream since I was 14 to direct a crappy direct-to-video Howling sequel, and if the series is rebooted I may well get my chance!

#4 2010-06-23 23:57:15

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Did you just call the direct-to-video Howling sequels crappy?  How can you say such a thing about the cinematic genius that is "New Moon Rising"?
Or what about the one with the retarded werekangaroowolf?
mad

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#5 2010-06-24 00:10:28

wolfblood17

Yes I'm a teenager, but I'm right up there with the adults!  gently caress THIS TEEN STUFF!!!!  Everything now adays is for the kids!!!!!  Why!?!?!?!  Teenage romance like "Twilight" (with only werewolves).... Come on Hollywood, make rated R movies.  The purpose of werewolves is blood, gore, more blood and gore, and just plain ass brutality!  If the kills or special effects aren't close to the original (I've never actually seen the full thing, but I've seen enough).  Gory, bloody brutality Hollywood, bring it!!!!  And even the same plot as "Twilight" almost.. come on!!!!!

I'm sorry for the rant, but this is really pissing me off!!!!!

big_smile (with fangs!)

#6 2010-06-24 09:17:03

zockereinstein

I always feel very sorry about the younger terror movies fans... we, the older ones, had the chance to enjoy those brutal b-movies fulfilled with slashers, claws, tentacles (yes, and lots of tits too wink ), etc. But I don't recommend to watch some of them, because they haven't aged very well. So, I hope someday you can see the comeback of real horror, and not cute puppies or sparkling vampires.

#7 2010-06-24 09:34:22

Reptile

Viergacht wrote:

I am really, REALLY hoping this turns out well. It's been my dream since I was 14 to direct a crappy direct-to-video Howling sequel, and if the series is rebooted I may well get my chance!

By coincidence, I've always wanted to write a low budget schlocky werewolf films.

WEREWOLF B MOVIE ENTHUSIASTS UNITE!!!!!!!

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#8 2010-06-24 11:54:52

fearless freak

if you really want a schlocky werewolf film look for Curse Of The Wolf

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#9 2010-06-24 14:25:31

wolfblood17

I'm with you Reptile!  Even some B-movies are better than Hollywood crap, no joke.  So uhmm, Zock (can I call you that?), your on my side?  If so thanks, you have a great taste in horror!  The aged ones I love... some of them haven't.  Like "Nosferatu", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1-2", "The Exorcist" (I still can't watch it).... uhmm.. "The Hills have Eyes".... "The Last House on the Left"... I think you get my point, those were the real horror movies back then!!!!

We must return to that age!!!  Because we think vampires sparkle in the sunlight- much thanks to "Twilight"- we have turned into softies!  Horror, even though not all about the gore and blood, must follow the old guidelines that made the classics (even the gory slashers with the tits) so great!  To me horror can be as gory as it wants, as long as it's intense and shows absolutely no mercy whatsoever.  The atmosphere is should be great also.

I'll rant more later... I'll put this stuff in my blog...

big_smile (with fangs!)

#10 2010-06-24 18:52:42

Viergacht

Totalimmortal wrote:

Did you just call the direct-to-video Howling sequels crappy?  How can you say such a thing about the cinematic genius that is "New Moon Rising"?
Or what about the one with the retarded werekangaroowolf?
mad

I kind of hate to admit it, but I kinda liked the werekangaroos. You have to respect the minds that would come up with something as astoundingly insane as a marsupial werewolf birth scene and then actually film it. I even enjoyed Stirba, which sucks as a horror film but as a surreal comedy is absolutely brilliant.

I'm sad no one ever did a direct continuation of the Freaks. Alligator Boy was bitten by the werewolf AND the vampire at the end, who could resist a were-gator-pyre?!?!

#11 2010-06-27 20:08:45

WolfMontana

Viergacht wrote:

I'm sad no one ever did a direct continuation of the Freaks. Alligator Boy was bitten by the werewolf AND the vampire at the end, who could resist a were-gator-pyre?!?!

Ha! I loved the Freaks one! big_smile I can't say I've spent sleepless nights pondering the fate of were-gator-pyre Alligator Boy, but now, I think I have to! Thanks! tongue

wolfblood17 wrote:

The purpose of werewolves is blood, gore, more blood and gore, and just plain ass brutality!

While I agree on the gore and blood, can't agree on brutality. Violence yes, tear some shite apart, awesome. But brutality just for the sake of brutality, nah. That's the domain of plain ol' jane humans. wink

Must agree on the softy sparkling crap too. Some of these teens need to watch Near Dark, or heck, I guess 30 days of night.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#12 2010-06-27 21:53:02

wolfblood17

Ah, now that I think of it you're right WolfMontana.... humans provide the brutality.  I love 30 Days of Night, never seen Near Dark, I've heard of it though....

big_smile (with fangs!)

#13 2010-06-27 23:36:30

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

WolfMontana wrote:

Must agree on the softy sparkling crap too. Some of these teens need to watch Near Dark, or heck, I guess 30 days of night.

*thparkling

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2010-06-27 23:36:51)

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#14 2010-06-28 20:40:18

WereWolfH

Prom Night. Need I say more? This better be R rated!!! Adn the teen actors better be over 21 (I prefer 30s age but I'll take over 21)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#15 2010-06-28 22:03:16

Reptile

I thought they were supposed to be Thylacines in Howling 3. The Howling sequels are films that I can of have a love/hate relationship with. The thing about the Howling series post Howling one is...they're all terrible, awful, poorly made B movies and that fact in and of itself is not the problem I have with them. It's the fact that A.) None of them live up to the original, which you'd think wouldn't be to hard to do as Howling 1 wasn't that great a film to begin with as much as I enjoyed it. And B.) they sure as hell don't live up to the book series which blows all the films out of the God damn water. As for the sequels they're kind of a mixed bag. From Howling VI: The Freaks, which is my personal favorite of the sequels to....New Moon Rising. Now, say what you will about Howling 2: Werewolf b**** but....God Damn. New Moon Rising is just....that movie was just utterly wretched. 

I hope that Reborn is if nothing else, a fun B movie. I don't think that we can hope for anything more than that.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#16 2010-07-11 20:22:52

WolfMontana

Totalimmortal wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

*thparkling

Dude, ya made me spit take, thanks. wink

#17 2010-07-12 16:00:34

Viergacht

Reptile wrote:

B.) they sure as hell don't live up to the book series which blows all the films out of the God damn water. .

I'd like to see a script based on the one with the young werewolf who joined a sideshow . . . I guess they won't, since they already used a carnival setting in #6. I recall liking that one.

#18 2012-11-18 22:56:45

WolfMontana

Viergacht wrote:

Reptile wrote:

B.) they sure as hell don't live up to the book series which blows all the films out of the God damn water. .

I'd like to see a script based on the one with the young werewolf who joined a sideshow . . . I guess they won't, since they already used a carnival setting in #6. I recall liking that one.

I did too! I was thinking it was going to be crap, but the star was kinda sweet, and I loved those werewolf feets under the bed big_smile

Board footer