The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-14 12:25:05

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

the different types of shifts.

ok now i need a bit of help here. I know about spirit/aura shifts, mental, physical, shifts. i know very little about astral shifting and dream shifting can anyone help me with the last two? and others i may have missed? from the ones i know i have the Mental and Spirit/Aura shifts.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#2 2010-07-14 13:35:35

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Re: the different types of shifts.

Well, physical shifting for one is impossible, I think what you mean is phantom shifting which is simply when a therian feels a limb or appendage which isn't there (and mirrors that of their theriotype). For instance, it is not uncommon for wolf therians to experience things such as a muzzle, wolf ears, paws, a tail, etc.

Dream shifting is pretty much just what it sounds like; dreaming as whatever your theriotype is. Now everyone has dreams as an animal from time to time, but for most people it becomes rather infrequent as an adult and is generally random. That is, one night someone could dream as a wolf and then a year later have a dream where they're a horse. For therians, such dreams are typically more frequent and centered around one animal in particular.

As for astral shifts, I'm pretty sure it involves something out of body but I've never really gone into it that much as it is not something that applies to myself. Hope that helps!

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#3 2010-07-14 17:10:00

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

UlfrAndi wrote:

ok now i need a bit of help here. I know about spirit/aura shifts, mental, physical, shifts. i know very little about astral shifting and dream shifting can anyone help me with the last two? and others i may have missed? from the ones i know i have the Mental and Spirit/Aura shifts.

Astral Shifting is where you astrally project and then shift on the astral plane, so you're astrally projected as your animal.  I've never astrally projected, so I've never done that.
Dream Shifting is where you shift in a dream, so that you are dreaming of being your animal.  I do that all the time without trying.
Physiological Shifting is where you shift so hard you have physical side-effects, such as being forced onto all fours and your hands pawing up.  I do this one through shifting rituals.

Go look this stuff up, there's alot of into out there, you don't have to ask on forums all the time.  All this information is readily available, and the wiki even has a large page on it.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-14 17:24:49)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2010-07-14 18:29:12

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

ok thank you guys (i am well aware of the impossibilty of P-shifting, although it would be awesome) ok so i dream shift. physiological shifting... so what your saying for this one is it AFFECTS you physically rather than changes you physically? if so i have that sometimes but not so much lately... now i am still confused as to how Astral works... if anyone can explain that with a bit more detail that would be nice (i am not able to access my comp at the moment and i am not able to go to some of these sites, the owner of this one is majorly paranoid)

#5 2010-07-18 20:06:01

WolfVanZandt
Website

And, if you hear something about pseudoshifts, that's pretty much what Sherlawk calls physioogical shifts.

You could almost go down the alphabet and come up with a shift for each letter. There are too many shifts to list.

#6 2010-07-18 20:25:05

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

all right. thanks for the advice on that one Wolf. smile

#7 2010-07-19 02:19:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Thanks for the new word VanZandt, I just added it to the wiki entry on "physiological shift".

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#8 2010-07-21 13:56:32

Edwin'sCorner

Wow, I never realized there were so many different kinds. I guess I sort of had them all narrowed down into the ones I experienced. I didn't realize there were exact names either I just called my own weird names that were pretty much descriptions a sentence long. Thanx for the info.

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#9 2010-07-21 14:04:46

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

well what kind of shifts do you have? i have dream/spirit/Aura and i might have others but i have yet to fully educate myself. probably gonna check out the therian wiki though....

#10 2010-07-21 14:31:52

Edwin'sCorner

I have dreams about it and then sometimes like you said I get really into my dream shifts and end up going places. A lot of times I have the shifts where you are just sitting there and you randomly just get going into your theriotype and can almost feel it around you. I have had the shifts that sherlawk was talking about. Those are cool, but i could stand not having them because they are pretty kind of uncomfortable.

"The stars in the night they lend me their light to bring me closer to heaven with you" - "Gunslinger" Avenged Sevenfold

#11 2010-07-21 14:54:10

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

hmmm thats interesting.... i just read a bit on the shifting in the wikia for it and apparently i am using the wrong name for what i call Aura shifting.... if anyone knows what kind of shift i am experiencing. but it is always present so i dont know if shift is the right word... basically whats going on is my aura is always in the shape of my wolf. i cant see my aura all the time i can only see it when..... what is the word.... i see my aura (and other people's) when i am half asleep, or if i sit still long enough and focus on it i can see it but i dont see it unless i have very little on the mind or have only the thought of the aura in my mind. any word for that?

#12 2010-07-26 14:01:41

ShadowTrail

UlfrAndi wrote:

hmmm thats interesting.... i just read a bit on the shifting in the wikia for it and apparently i am using the wrong name for what i call Aura shifting.... if anyone knows what kind of shift i am experiencing. but it is always present so i dont know if shift is the right word... basically whats going on is my aura is always in the shape of my wolf. i cant see my aura all the time i can only see it when..... what is the word.... i see my aura (and other people's) when i am half asleep, or if i sit still long enough and focus on it i can see it but i dont see it unless i have very little on the mind or have only the thought of the aura in my mind. any word for that?

You quite lucky, because i dont see aura at all, and as a result dont really belive in them. But you have right in one thing: shifting articles on Therian Wikia is a mess, and Aura Shifting part is completely wrong (most common form of shift is either a  sense shifts, which is nothing more then hightened awarness of surounding or a phantom shifts)

Good pages with shifts description:

http://www.project-shift.org/therianthr … fshift.php (basic shifts only, official community page)

http://www.freewebs.com/moonscape/theri … shift.html

http://spiritualawaken.proboards.com/in … amp;page=1

#13 2010-07-26 14:13:46

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

well the whole aura thing looks kinda odd at first, but after awhile it starts to look... kinda cool, almost ethereal, really.

#14 2010-07-26 14:28:51

White Wolf
Website

ShadowTrail wrote:

UlfrAndi wrote:

You quite lucky, because i dont see aura at all, and as a result dont really belive in them. But you have right in one thing: shifting articles on Therian Wikia is a mess, and Aura Shifting part is completely wrong (most common form of shift is either a  sense shifts, which is nothing more then hightened awarness of surounding or a phantom shifts)

Good pages with shifts description:

http://www.project-shift.org/therianthr … fshift.php (basic shifts only, official community page)

http://www.freewebs.com/moonscape/theri … shift.html

http://spiritualawaken.proboards.com/in … amp;page=1

I can't wait till Sherlawk gets back.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#15 2010-07-26 15:41:05

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

lol yeah he does seem to be the one who is more than happy to post his opinion. to be honest i look forward to it myself XD

#16 2010-07-26 18:07:03

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

K, gonna have to go CapsLock on you...

ShadowTrail wrote:

I HAVE A SUPER SPECIAL SECRET TO TELL YOU!!!!
IF YOU LOOK AT THE TOP OF ANY ARTICLE ON THERIAN.WIKIA THERE IS A BUTTON: THE EDIT BUTTON.  IT SAYS "EDIT", SO YOU SHOULDN'T BE MISSING IT LIKE YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE!
IF YOU CLICK THAT BUTTON, YOU CAN EDIT THE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING, WHETHER YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT OR NOT.

Understand?  You have no right to complain about the content on a Wiki where you can fix articles at any time by editing, and I know for a fact that you don't edit, so stop bugging me to do things you won't do yourself. >!>;;;

Edit: To contribute to discussion, I will note that I'm not really into classifying shifts and therians all that much anymore.  That's kind of considered a "noob thing", actually...  I was into it when I first made that page (which has been edited alot), but not anymore.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-26 18:12:31)

#17 2010-07-26 18:14:41

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

*falls on the ground laughing* nice rant there XD

#18 2010-07-26 20:03:57

ShadowTrail

UlfrAndi wrote:

*falls on the ground laughing* nice rant there XD

UlfrAndi you'r sure that you get the WhiteWolf joke? I tell you a secret: SherlawkDragon is owner/admin of TherianWikia.And as you can see he dont like it criticized.

SherlawkDragon wrote:

I HAVE A SUPER SPECIAL SECRET TO TELL YOU!!!!
IF YOU LOOK AT THE TOP OF ANY ARTICLE ON THERIAN.WIKIA THERE IS A BUTTON: THE EDIT BUTTON.  IT SAYS "EDIT", SO YOU SHOULDN'T BE MISSING IT LIKE YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE!
IF YOU CLICK THAT BUTTON, YOU CAN EDIT THE ARTICLE INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING, WHETHER YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT OR NOT.

Understand?  You have no right to complain about the content on a Wiki where you can fix articles at any time by editing, and I know for a fact that you don't edit, so stop bugging me to do things you won't do yourself.

Omg! Somebody butthurt here. Yeah, somebody found mistake in wikia? >throw the blame on the messenger, that will show them

You got me, i was thinking that registering was required to edit your wikia, but you know if you want to continue with this project, maybe you should put much more effort in it, because for example you have a thread for *Free Gay Video* in wikia forum big_smile

If you dont care anymore, stop spreading links to TW like crazy, there are other good sources avaible

SherlawkDragon wrote:

I will note that I'm not really into classifying shifts and therians all that much anymore.  That's kind of considered a "noob thing", actually...

Thanks God im just a noob then, cos it looks that experienced therians only rants and grill fluffs (and check third post in this thread pls, who wrote this???)

Edit >> i forget too add that i fix that TWikia entry :p so chill everybody, there's no need to scream wink

Last edited by ShadowTrail (2010-07-26 20:18:38)

#19 2010-07-26 20:10:36

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

lol i know he is the owner/admin of it. i can read (obviously) but i just cant help but laugh. and yes if it was directed at me i would probably be laughing anyways. but i suppose instead of insulting eachother or criticizing a site that can be edited by (and here is the key word here) ANYONE, we should probably stay on topic.

#20 2010-07-27 03:29:13

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

ShadowTrail wrote:

Omg! Somebody butthurt here. Yeah, somebody found mistake in wikia? >throw the blame on the messenger, that will show them

You got me, i was thinking that registering was required to edit your wikia, but you know if you want to continue with this project, maybe you should put much more effort in it, because for example you have a thread for *Free Gay Video* in wikia forum :D

If you dont care anymore, stop spreading links to TW like crazy, there are other good sources avaible

I am indeed annoyed with you people who insist on complaining yet are too lazy to do anything about it.  You have full power to fix the problem.  Even if you needed to register, and I ask that you do, all that requires is an email address.  Honestly, you have no right to tell me to "put more effort" into a project you're too lazy to even touch.

Edit: I notice though that you did actually come along and make a single edit without logging in.  That's what you need to do when you find a problem, not complain about what other people have written.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2010-07-27 03:31:41)

#21 2010-07-27 03:43:02

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

I have to agree with Sherlawk on this one, but I see you did edit that article, so at least you're contributing to make the wiki less of a 'mess', as you call it.

#22 2010-07-27 11:58:23

White Wolf
Website

Alright let's get back on topic here, if this conversation must be continued ShadowTrail please start a new thread.

#23 2010-08-01 22:09:02

Black Wolf # 2

(Well, physical shifting for one is impossible, I think what you mean is phantom shifting which is simply when a therian feels a limb or appendage which isn't there (and mirrors that of their theriotype). For instance, it is not uncommon for wolf therians to experience things such as a muzzle, wolf ears, paws, a tail, etc.)

I just gotta say that physical shift is possible. I've been shfiting into a wolf for almost 12 years now.

#24 2010-08-01 22:22:12

White Wolf
Website

*feel free to post pictures, video, or any other sort of supporting evidence*

#25 2010-08-01 22:25:09

Black Wolf # 2

I'll let you know when I get it.

Board footer