The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-07-18 13:38:58

WolfenArngrim

New Werewolf fiction available

..not just any werewolves either, but Viking werewolves, battling against the Yeti in the frozen northern wastes

'Last of the Kjett' by Harper Hull is a short story in chapbook form published by England's best niche publisher, The Penny Dreadful Company.

Available here -

http://thepennydreadfulcompany.com/

"Last of the Kjett is very much in the tradition of those classic fantasy tales told in the style of H. Rider Haggard and Robert E. Howard.

With its often brutal action, the story follows a cursed Viking tribe on their revenge mission into the most northern icy wastelands. As violent snowstorms batter the men from the north, their every move is followed by those they have come to slaughter.

When the battle commences and the blood flows on virgin snow, the Vikings soon discover that the Kjett are not the only foe they must defeat if they are to return home."

#2 2010-07-20 22:49:32

WolfenArngrim

Re: New Werewolf fiction available

First review appeared today at My Undead Mind

http://zombiecustodian.blogspot.com/201 … -hull.html

Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Review of "Last of the Kjett" by Harper Hull

***AS ALWAYS, BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!***

How can you go wrong with a story that involves Vikings, werewolves, and a Yeti snow god? Well, I’m sure you could. There are, after all, crappy writers out there (keep trying, though!). Thankfully, Harper Hull is not one of them.

“Last of the Kjett” is a chapbook, so it’s easily readable in one sitting… unless you’re me, who reads about half as fast as I type… Anyway, it’s pretty short. The thing about it is, this book packs a punch on nearly every page.

Without giving too much away, the book involves two clans of Vikings, one seeking revenge on the other. Both tribes hold a dirty little secret. Both secrets involve fur, claws and lots of screaming.

OK, so I pretty much gave them away in the first sentence of this review, but that’s OK. Like I said, the book is pretty short, and you get to see the wolves pretty quickly. The story is in the action and really the setup. It’s not the surprise of “Oh, my! They’re werewolves!” It’s more, “Wow, that’ pretty freaking cool that somebody did this.”

We never get to know the characters in depth, but that’s ok, because what we do find out is that they are badasses and they want revenge for the murder of their former king. And they have the chops to make it happen.

The scene with the female sacrifice, where she comes face to face with the yeti and her fate, is pretty intense, although fairly quick. The battle at the end of the book is awesome.

I couldn’t find this on Amazon to purchase, but through the website of the company that put out “Last of the Kjett”, The Penny Dreadful Company at thepennydreadfulcompany.com. For non-members, its 1.99 pounds, which is about 3 bucks US, which is more than fair. However, I’m not sure what kind of shipping you’re looking at… still, the story is good enough that it might just be worth it.

I give this book 4 and a half bloody mops out of 5, simply because it was too freaking short and I wanted more bloody Viking/werewolf/yeti carnage!
Posted by Matt "farmboy" Nord at 2:00 PM

#3 2010-07-21 10:37:44

Reptile

Re: New Werewolf fiction available

Werewolves vs werewolves vs Yeti?

Can I get a "HELL YES!" brothers and sisters?

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

Board footer