The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-04 15:26:29

Viergacht

Monsterwolf (and other werewolf movies on Syfy this Oct)

Two new werewolf movies are out this month, Monsterwolf and Red: Werewolf Hunter

Here's the info for Monsterwolf, which stars Robert Picardo - who of course played Eddie Quist in The Howling.

On the outskirts of a small Louisiana town, a drilling crew sets blast charges to tap an oil deposit — releasing the Kachinawaya, a Native American animal spirit meant to protect Indian lands from invaders. Stars Robert Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Jason London (Wildfire). A production of Active Entertainment.

Here's a poster:
http://trekmovie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/monstorwolf.jpg

And there's a trailer on it's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Monsterwo … 7528599936

Saturday the 9th:

Never Cry Werewolf 1pm
War Wolves 3pm
Thor: Hammer of the Gods 5pm
Monsterwolf 9pm and 1am

Saturday the 30th:

The Beast of Bray Road 10:30am
Dog Soldiers 12:30pm
Ginger Snaps Unleashed (the 2nd movie) 2:30pm
Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (the 3rd movie) 4:30pm
Underworld 6:30pm
Red: Werewolf Hunter 9pm and 1am
Skinwalkers 11pm

#2 2010-10-04 19:46:29

wolfblood17

Re: Monsterwolf (and other werewolf movies on Syfy this Oct)

Monsterwolf looks interesting.... but why are all of these monster movies on Syfy deal with more human against human with a government conspiracy and soldiers?  All of them pretty much barely show the monster!  Although it's always fun when it does show up! smile

big_smile (with fangs!)

#3 2010-10-04 20:14:20

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Monsterwolf sounds like it has an interesting concept - I hope that it's actually done okay.
ANd how come they're showing Ginger Snaps 2 & 3 but not the first one?!  The 2nd Ginger Snaps is okay, but the 3rd one is just...bad. tongue Ah well...at least they're showing Dog Soldiers. big_smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#4 2010-10-04 20:47:57

Reptile

BUT DAH WUFFIES WOULD NEVER HURT US!!! DEY ARE BEYYOTIFUL AND SPESCHUL CREATURES!!!!!!11

Anywho, the only two movies that are really worth watching on the 9th are Monsterwolf and Never Cry Werewolf. The lineup for the 30th looks much more palatable.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#5 2010-10-05 20:41:41

Lupa

Sweet! Guess I'll be watching SyFy that weekend.

Dead I am the Dog, Hound of Hell you Cry
Devil on your Back, I can never Die

#6 2010-10-06 14:38:02

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

SPAMBOt, WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOOKING FORWARD TO A MOVIE

YOU ARE A SPAMBOT, YOU CAN'T WATCH MOVIES, YOU AREN'T EVEN SELF-AWARE

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#7 2010-10-07 08:16:15

Mitch01
Rising Angel

Totalimmortal wrote:

Monsterwolf sounds like it has an interesting concept - I hope that it's actually done okay.
ANd how come they're showing Ginger Snaps 2 & 3 but not the first one?!  The 2nd Ginger Snaps is okay, but the 3rd one is just...bad. tongue Ah well...at least they're showing Dog Soldiers. big_smile

the first one was awesome! but i don't remember sy fi ever showing the first ginger snaps...

Last edited by Mitch01 (2010-10-07 08:17:01)

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#8 2010-10-07 09:17:53

zockereinstein

Totalimmortal wrote:

Well, I consider the third as a werewolf-themed movie, but with very few werewolf elements... let's say "implied werewolfism". So it worked for less hardcore werewolf fans, but in general it failed.

#9 2010-10-07 09:18:54

fearless freak

Totalimmortal wrote:

SPAMBOt, WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOOKING FORWARD TO A MOVIE

YOU ARE A SPAMBOT, YOU CAN'T WATCH MOVIES, YOU AREN'T EVEN SELF-AWARE

maybe its started?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za1kS9_G-EA

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#10 2010-10-07 09:20:17

Mitch01
Rising Angel

when will they ever show a really good werewolf movie that kills for fun and that will look like a real werewolf should look!

i wasn't designed to handle the worst and i'm not convinced that loving someone is worth it...

#11 2010-10-07 16:56:42

zockereinstein

Mitch01 wrote:

when will they ever show a really good werewolf movie that kills for fun and that will look like a real werewolf should look!

They did, in 1981. It was called "The Howling"... Well, forgive me for the joke, I understand your point of view. We need more real scary brutal beasts ripping off stupid campy teenagers smile (for example).

#12 2010-10-07 20:06:49

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Mitch01 wrote:

Hahaha.  They haven't been doing that much lately, have they? tongue I liked the look of the Wolf Man in the remake very much, though. big_smile I still need to see it - I have yet to watch it!

#13 2010-10-08 00:12:51

CrimsonRiver
Enigmatic Unwonted

If you're a diehard fan of the original, I don't recommend it. I was disappointed that they changed the entire plot for the remake, but at least they did a great job on the transformation. That was the only reason I watched it to the end.

Humanity is dust, within humility's splendor. I offer you the emptiness which you seek. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind.

If bullshit were music, you'd be a big brass band.

#14 2010-10-08 08:19:25

Mitch01
Rising Angel

zockereinstein wrote:

Mitch01 wrote:

They did, in 1981. It was called "The Howling"... Well, forgive me for the joke, I understand your point of view. We need more real scary brutal beasts ripping off stupid campy teenagers smile (for example).

and ppl that don't belong in ur house!

#15 2010-10-08 08:20:13

Mitch01
Rising Angel

Totalimmortal wrote:

Mitch01 wrote:

Hahaha.  They haven't been doing that much lately, have they? tongue I liked the look of the Wolf Man in the remake very much, though. big_smile I still need to see it - I have yet to watch it!

oh yeah i forgot about the wolf man, but ill wait till it hits on FX or TNT or something lol

#16 2010-10-08 08:34:16

Mitch01
Rising Angel

CrimsonRiver wrote:

If you're a diehard fan of the original, I don't recommend it. I was disappointed that they changed the entire plot for the remake, but at least they did a great job on the transformation. That was the only reason I watched it to the end.

i actually have never seen the original but my mom told me the same thing....not that im trying to say that ur old like my mom lol

Last edited by Mitch01 (2010-10-08 08:39:43)

#17 2010-10-08 11:53:52

ArcLight
Website

I'm glad they changed it up a bit. Remakes are pointless enough already - following the original too closely just reminds me how much better the original usually is.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#18 2010-10-08 20:00:21

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

CrimsonRiver wrote:

I like the original, but I wouldn't consider myself a die-hard fan. As long as the remake is done well, that's all I care about!  And I kinda agree with ArcLight, it'd be boring if they made it frame-for-frame like the original.  Just look at the shitty remake of "Psycho"...ew...haha! tongue

Mitch01 wrote:

Totalimmortal wrote:

Mitch01 wrote:

oh yeah i forgot about the wolf man, but ill wait till it hits on FX or TNT or something lol

I'm kinda hopin' it's still in the Redbox.
I doubt it, at this point, though.  Guess I'll just have to wait 'til it's on TV like you said. hmm

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2010-10-08 20:01:15)

#19 2010-10-10 00:07:58

Reptile

If by "changed it up a bit" you mean they turned a tragic horror film about one man's descent into damnation and insanity into Jason Takes London than I have to agree with you.

Mind you, it was still better than...the other werewolf movie.

EDIT: Oh yeah, has anyone actually seen Monster Wolf? I have it recorded on DVR but my idiot roommate is watching her recorded reality T.V. shows and when she does that it generally means she's going to be up until Five O'Clock.

I assume it is in fact better than Dancing With the Stars?

Last edited by Reptile (2010-10-10 01:30:36)

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#20 2010-10-11 00:01:47

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

What is this other werewolf movie you speak of?
Did another one come out around the same time as "Wolf Man" that I am unaware of?
tongue

#21 2010-10-11 00:06:36

Reptile

Totalimmortal wrote:

What is this other werewolf movie you speak of?
Did another one come out around the same time as "Wolf Man" that I am unaware of?
tongue

Oh. I see what you did there.

Last edited by Reptile (2010-10-11 00:07:35)

#22 2010-10-12 08:23:22

Mitch01
Rising Angel

i couldn't see the movie!!! everytime that a new movie is being shown at syfy, it's always freezing up!!

Board footer