The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2006-07-15 14:40:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: "Werewolf By Night" comics

Hmmm? I actually liked the revival better. It had more atmosphere - more feeling and less soap. It was still whiney, though.

#27 2006-07-17 11:59:21

K Wolak

It was just way to dark looking for me. In some of the panels you could not see what was going on. I know they were setting a mood but it just made it hard to tell what was going on. I don't blame the artist fully though. The type of paper that it was printed on helped to make the art bleed out a little. Being a comic book artist/colorist myself I have see some of my own work just turn to mud because I did not know what paper was being used so I could compensate for it.
But if they ever decide to bring him back again I'll be first one in line for my copy.

#28 2006-07-17 12:11:24

WolfMontana

Which was the little mini series where he actual fuses with his wolfy half and could transform whenever he wanted, and where he ran into a bunch of bikers? I loved that mini big_smile (marvel presents? ... argh, whichever title the first wolvie origin with the owie bath appeared in... *bangs brain against wall to try and jog it*)

Last edited by WolfMontana (2006-07-17 12:11:40)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#29 2006-07-17 23:51:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

K. Wolak, you have a point there.

Montana.......owie bath?

#30 2006-07-18 07:56:09

ebonblade

Montana. The series was Marvel Comics Presents: Weapon X. And I agree, I liked the story of how he fused with his wolf form and gained control over it. I'm using the same theory for the book I'm working on. (If I can get my old computer back online and transfer the file, I'll download the first chapter)

Was it one of those dreams where your, like, standing on top of a temple in sungod robes with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Why am I the only one who has that dream?

#31 2006-07-18 09:45:23

WolfMontana

Sweet Ebonblade, that sounds cool. And thanks for the title - that's the one. wink

Hey Wolf - Wolvie gets his adamantium injected in an excrutiating way (owie!!) while submerged in a big tank (da bath) in some secret laboratory up in Canada (if I remember correctly). Course, there's a new origins story running around now, so I don't know how much of that still applies. They used the idea in the X-movies. wink

#32 2006-07-18 22:15:46

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oh, yeah. The new origins story is actually what happened before the ouchie bath (then again, he lost the adamantium and the spurs and such were just really hard bone - I don't know if he got the adamantium back or not, especially now that they've done a DC-type sake up of the Marvel universe), and, believe it or not, I'm very much not into X-Men. It's amazing how much you can pick up just by floating around for 50 years......

#33 2006-07-18 23:40:21

WolfMontana

Just floating around huh? big_smile Cool re new origins stuff. I never really got the hard bone concept. They couldn't work the same way as the adamantium claws, even though they pretended they did. I pretty much stopped reading xmen shortly after the Genosha stuff. Not even Rayne stuck in hybrid form could change that! wink  (speaking of, we should start a topic on Rayne - she's an awesome werewolfy/mutant type person! big_smile

So, after that limited run in Marvel Comics Presents - what happened to Jack? He just popped up recently in a Marvel Adventures Spider Man comic (that was fun, written by Peter David! woot!), but that's all I've really seen of him. A HUGE shame, I really did like where the mini left off!

#34 2006-07-19 22:09:58

WolfVanZandt
Website

That's about all "the Terrier" ever does now days, "pop up".

The Hawthorn Study - General Electric was doing some research about lighting and productivity at their Hawthorn plant and, as they expected, when the increased the lighting in the offices, the workers productivity went up, and so did their morale.  Well, just as a lark, they decided to reduce the lighting to below where it was before. Lo and behold, the productivity and morale improved again. In fact, they found that any time they changed things, the folks were happier and more productive (I haven't read but I suppose the increases were somewhat asymptotic). Best guess is that the workers were just pleased that someone was taking notice of them at all.

Anyway, my pont is, Marvel is a Hawthorn effect comic. They figure each time they change something, no matter how meaningless the change is, the sales will go up.

#35 2006-07-19 22:26:31

WolfMontana

Tee hee big_smile There's some truth to that wink However, DC isn't guiltless in that department either.

#36 2006-07-20 22:04:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Oh, my, no.....can you say "Crisis"?

But I'm not all that big a fan of DC either (unless it's Vertigo), they're just not nearly as soap operish.

BTW, talking about DC, have you noticed that Wetworks is coming back?

#37 2006-07-20 22:25:26

WolfMontana

Heh, actually I've enjoyed the Crisis series quite a bit. smile Though poor mangled Connor... Course, they look like they're going to regenerate supes boy and mrs. stretchy here soon wink Reminds me very much of the DEATH OF SUPERMAN!

And I'm sure there's 6 degrees of separation somewhere between Supes and Jack Russell. Somewhere, somehow!
(something's gotta make this post on topic!)

I'd never heard of Wetworks though - looks like a bunch of metal dudes?

#38 2006-07-21 23:33:49

WolfVanZandt
Website

Jack Russell - Spiderman - Superboy (In the All Access cross overs) - Superman

#39 2006-07-22 12:30:53

WolfMontana

big_smile Hee hee. Impressive guys!

#40 2006-08-17 05:13:38

wildwolfstudio
Website

I got the Werewolf by Night trade cuz it's a short & inexpencive way to get alot of the back issues lol I also have marvel comics presents #2 which is the 1st apper. of the character and that's the one that turned me on to the series love the book from a writers stand point it's got alot of emotion in it I mean he just a reagular guy until his 18th b-day now he has to cope with turning into a wolf-man good stuff got to love the drama that comes with that & all the monsters that show up along the way lol, from an artist stand point Mike Ploog was hands down the best guy for the job, I also like the Gil Kane books very nice work artisticaly it has the right mood, tone, pace for the story content really great when you think about the fact that alot of the issues were done in the marvel style of comics which is plot first vs. full script, anyways going to end it there don't want to ramble to much lol

Have a howling good time with Wild Wolf Entertainment http://www.wildwolfent.com/

#41 2006-08-27 14:18:20

jesterpress
Website

I got my Perlin artwork in the mail last week and it rocks!  It turned out so good that I'll probably try to make it into a retro cover or something for a future Jester Press project...

If I can figure out photobucket I'll try to get it posted here!

but, the reason for the post is this. Perlin was a great guy and he gave me exactly what I wanted and it was better than I expected of course...so if you've got the $$$ I wouldn't pass up a chance to get an original piece of art from the Legendary Comic Artist.  Use the contact information I listed in a previous post and get yourself a one of a kind Werewolf pict!!

#42 2006-09-03 23:12:52

The Busboy
Administrator

#43 2006-09-09 20:38:16

jesterpress
Website

wow..that link is everything you ever wanted to know about WWBN in once shot!

#44 2006-09-09 23:30:32

WolfMontana

Exactly! big_smile It's nuts!! smile

#45 2007-09-13 20:20:54

The Busboy
Administrator

From a topic that was closed (since this one already existed):

Badger_girl wrote:

picked up a couple more of these comics at my local comic store..the guy gave me buy one get one free to coz he's extra nice! i like nice people yikesD hehe!

also currently bidding on ebay . so everyone else get your grubby mits of it keeps getting higer by the hour for the one i want...gggrrrr

#46 2007-09-14 15:05:43

Badger_girl
Website

oops sorry smile

#47 2007-10-01 16:51:26

WereWolfH

OKAY I'M TOTALLY plugging this comic b/c I just bought the new series #1 and it's FANTASTIC. The drawings I think are what a good werewolf can look like (it's a combo of wolfman and a werewolf on two legs) awesome!!!! Please spread the word b/c thus far the movie may be put on hold or it could go faster and get more publicity if more people buy the issues.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#48 2007-10-01 21:18:28

WolfMontana

Cool smile

#49 2007-10-06 04:47:36

Snap Crack 'n' Chomp

WereWolfH... um, what comic are you talking about? (Obviously Werewolf By Night) but which series? You say Issue 1, do you mean the Essential thingy.... the compilation of lots of the old comics??? Or do you mean the Legion of Monsters (Which I'm sure is the latest comic Jack has featured in) otherwise it seems I have let something slip under the radar!!!

#50 2007-11-06 18:47:07

jesterpress
Website

The newest Marvel Essential Werewolf By Night Vol 2 came out last week!

Board footer