The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-19 15:54:51

Afflicted.Soul

Rough draft Of a rough draft

I'm winging it. If its good let me know. I'll fix what I need to if I write this. =]   

Its been Twenty three years since the bombs were dropped. It was the worst attack in the history of the world.
    We were at war with Russia, in the year 2023. Communists had a sort of uprising, in which they declared themselves Rulers of the world. As you can imagine...they were ultimately at war with themselves. There could only be one ruler among them.
    As a result, a man who dubbed himself the next Hitler rose to power. He declared war on any nation who wouldn't accept the new rule. Naturally we all declined.
    That was the worst mistake we could have made.
    Initially, it was just airports. Russians would swarm the place from the outside using small arms, and explosives. But when we started fighting back, the Russians decided it was time to clean the world of our filth.
    The first bomb hit in California. Then they stitched a crater through the united states all the way to Florida.
    To our surprise, Asia, and its neighbor countries came to our aid. But they were quickly suppressed by the Russians. I had never seen such an elite military force.
    Almost inhuman...
    We began to see more and more of them showing up in America. Small groups that called themselves brotherhoods. They developed a pack mentality almost a year later.
    No one was spared if you were caught by the brotherhood.
    They moved with unnatural speed. And they attacked with superhuman strength and aggression. The residual radiation from the massive attack began to take its toll. It began to look horrifyingly like a scifi movie.
    People began to change in unnatural ways.
    At first, it was some hillbilly in Montana who discovered that he could move stuff with his mind. But as things got worse, the stories changed.
    People began developing completely new skeletal constructs. Due to the lack of sun after the explosions, their eyes began to cloud over. Eventually, skin was replaced with tough hide. Faces elongated to better accommodate eating conditions.
    Cannibalism.
    Eyelids went away for most. They had eyes like reptiles, and bodies like...were wolves. The majority of us retained our ability to speak. But only fifteen percent got lucky.
    You see...our blood became too thin for our bodies to use. The longer we went without blood transfusions, the worse our condition got. The vessels in our eyes would burst, causing severe internal bleeding.
    It got to the point that we just drank blood to stay alive.
    We called ourselves The Afflicted.
    Naturally, we took control. Our morals were still intact, we could still function as a civilization. But we needed to feed. If we could get a hold of one of the brotherhood, we could feed once and survive for months. But hunting the brotherhood was like fighting a war alone. Every changling out there was after anything that moved. You were either a changling, A werewolve, or a vampire. Our world took on the traits of the most prominent monster movies, and at this rate, we would never be human again.

Why didn't you just jump....

#2 2010-11-19 22:22:10

Jeanne

Re: Rough draft Of a rough draft

I don't know you want to be historical accurate or not but the war angle is quite far fetch. Russian is democracy; it was Soviet who was communist. You might twist the history by making cold war never ended and Soviet never collapsed but then it should be Soviet, not Russia.

#3 2010-11-20 18:24:53

Afflicted.Soul

Re: Rough draft Of a rough draft

Thanks for the input, but Like I said, its something I threw onto the page on the spot. I'll worry about historical facts and whatnot later. I just needed someone to wage war with for my draft. =]

Why didn't you just jump....

Board footer