The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-02-17 17:52:53

WolfMontana

Re: Being Human - American

Oooh smile You must now rush out and get the Being Human BBC series - you're in for a freaking awesome treat.

They released a sneak peek for next week, and it's surprisingly something they haven't done on the BBC series (yet):

http://video.syfy.com/shows/being_human … n/v1292832

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#27 2011-03-01 10:47:57

WolfMontana

Just watched the latest eppy. Meh. Centered very much around Josh, and yet again I don't feel he's got a real handle on the character. Loved the vampire dude though - very funny moment revolving around garlic. big_smile

[SPOILER BELOW!]

Quite something to see this weeks Josh revealing 'I'm a werewolf' to his family, and then George's reveal to his folks. Big difference? I could buy George's family as his family. Josh's just seemed incredibly distant and unreal. Funny synchronicity between the two shows though big_smile

#28 2011-03-07 22:05:16

lupinealchemist

Two milestones have been passed tonight: Josh gets laid, at an epic level no less, and you finally see his complete wolf form which is neat even if it's cgi.

Also, Aiden is a tremendous dumbass.

#29 2011-03-07 22:05:51

WolfMontana

Watching current episode. Again, enjoy the vampire dude quite a bit, but Josh I'm just not buying. It's not helping that the actor is pretty much having to parrot what Russell has already done so brilliantly. That can't be all that fun. He might grow into the role a bit more once he's given something new. Sally was particularly annoying.

Aaaand werewolf design. Cwap. Interesting face, but sort of a cross between Professor Lupin and a four legged Underworld werewolf. Mangy CGI. *pout*

#30 2011-03-07 22:22:40

lupinealchemist

WolfMontana wrote:

Aaaand werewolf design. Cwap. Interesting face, but sort of a cross between Professor Lupin and a four legged Underworld werewolf. Mangy CGI. *pout*

The tail made me think of one of those ancient werewolf illustrations or garurumon cause of the ribbon-like structure.

I've grown to be less picky when it comes to werewolf designs since there's like hundreds of werewolf movies with different styles.

The sad part is I actually know a therian who shifted during intimacy...

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-03-07 22:23:31)

#31 2011-03-08 03:16:29

mrRW

The one thing that bugged me was they showed Josh naked in the kitchen clearly in the throws of his change and made no attempt at any makeup or other effect.  He just groaned and yelled and nothing happened...

#32 2011-03-08 16:15:07

WolfMontana

Yeah. When he was half kneeling? That was strange - The whole thing had an awkward rhythm to it.

#33 2011-03-08 17:02:56

RadRed21

i've been giving the show a fairly good chance to come into its own, but someone dropped the ball with josh's tf last night. don't get why they copped out of showing anything when they've already shown parts before. last minute budget cut? heh... in any case, disappointing scene

#34 2011-03-08 18:56:12

MarkOne
Website

I agree with that. Especially compared with some of the TF scenes he had in previous episodes. The scene last night looked like a last minute cut or something. And the end result? Man, that was an ugly @ss CGI wolf.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#35 2011-03-08 21:44:24

mrRW

RadRed21 wrote:

don't get why they copped out of showing anything when they've already shown parts before.

Totally agree here.  It was a chance to build on what they had been showing or combine some of the previous elements.  Instead we got nothing.

My only thought is that maybe they were thinking the CGI would turn out better and the art dept let them down...

#36 2011-03-09 22:28:41

WereWolfH

There are many aspects that make this show better to me. I don't know if it's the faster pace and it's more Americanized, but I'm liking this show. I'm also preferring the twists so that the plot's not exactly like the British show.

What's everyone yapping about? When the werewolf start fighting the other werewolf and there was no transformation????

(I haven't watched it "live" yet, I've been watching the repeats. I'm on the episode where the werewolf went home and his folks thought he was crazy).

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#37 2011-03-09 22:49:51

RadRed21

^^ in response to that, we are most recently talking about the latest episode which featured josh transforming in their kitchen while sally watched which mirrors a similar scene from the UK version. even when josh fought the other werewolf there was some tf shown first. there was NONE in the kitchen scene, which I just found confusing cuz it's not like they haven't shown they are capable of showing it, and plus that scene had a lot to live up to, so in those aspects it was a letdown.

Thought I do agree I don't dislike the US show. that's the first thing I really took issue with up til now

#38 2011-03-10 09:13:35

FreeAsMe

i don't like the US version because the UK version was first(easier to get attached to) and the characters are much stronger

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#39 2011-03-10 09:48:30

lupinealchemist

Know anywhere online I can find the UK version?

#40 2011-03-12 22:53:11

WolfMontana

Agree with FreeAsMe, characters are much stronger, though I'm finding myself liking this vamp more than BH UK's Mitchell. I think that's a side effect of absolutely LOVING the original original Mitchell vampire from the original original pilot (with a different ghost as well). UK's Mitchell just seems a little too manically happy.

And yeah, it was just ODD. It was like they shot the scenes to add TF effects in post, but maybe ran out of money to actually add them. He squats on the floor for a while there, and I kept wondering if they were going to do the bloody annoying 'backwards' knee crack that alot of earlier werewolf effects folks did without understanding animal anatomy. Thankfully they didn't, but then, they didn't do anything. It was like he was taking a ferocious dump and just couldn't get it out. tongue

#41 2011-03-13 10:59:04

Viergacht

At least the CGI werewolf wasn't the worst I've ever seen. I like seeing a werewolf get down on all fours once in a while, and the movement and texturing were good. I do wish they'd done the face a little differently - the way the snout blends into the smallish head and the small, wide-set eyes give it a rodenty look.

#42 2011-03-14 22:03:59

WolfMontana

Okie, just finished the latest episode. I am yet again, impressed by the vampire character - wow. Amazing development, and I think more realistically portrayed than the BBC UK Mitchell. Josh however has become someone I just can't empathize with at all. He's a dick. The ghost stuff was okay.

Harsh harsh ending on this eppy. Geebus.

#43 2011-03-15 00:05:48

lupinealchemist

Characteristically, Aiden is more enjoyable than the other two.
Sad episode also. ;^;

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-03-15 00:06:29)

#44 2011-03-15 00:42:29

MarkOne
Website

I agree. Aiden is definitely the stronger character out of the three.

As for this week's episode? Wow. Definitely a powerful one, especially the way it ended.

#45 2011-03-15 12:43:22

WolfMontana

Yeah - I always thought the way the UK one ended for this scenario was a bit unrealistic. Mitchell wouldn't turn the 20 something lass but turned a kid? Then just let him walk off with his mum? The twist on the end of this one was especially nasty, on the whole this show is nastier.

To me, this show so far is Aiden's show as much as the first season of BH UK was George's show.

#46 2011-03-15 15:13:27

MarkOne
Website

Totally agree. This is a perfect example of taking a moment from the original version, putting their own spin to it, and making it a lot stronger.

#47 2011-03-17 23:03:24

MarkOne
Website

Just read online that the show's been picked up for a second season.

#48 2011-03-21 22:02:36

WolfMontana

Well, just watched the dog fight scene, and wow, nicely done smile Design is actually pretty intriguing, well animated. Episode was good - now really enjoying seeing the new directions. Also - Bluetooth earpiece to address the 'crazy talking to nobody' - smart way to address that! big_smile

#49 2011-03-21 22:22:58

lupinealchemist

I still don't understand in general vamp/lycan stories why vampires have supremacy ideals similar to the Third Reich.

#50 2011-03-22 09:27:22

Viergacht

Lazy writers?

Board footer