The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#101 2012-02-08 20:35:54

MarkOne
Website

Re: Being Human - American

Just read online that today (Feb. 6) the show's been picked up for a 13-episode third season.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#102 2012-02-08 21:58:46

WolfMontana

I know - that's awesome! smile Now if only they could get a better Josh. I am having a seriously hard time buying this guy's emoting.

And his character motivation. George's reaction to Nina's infection was a hell of a lot more impactful and true than this Josh's worried brow (TM). The chick who plays Nina in the US version is amazing, particularly so through that whole first transformation 'oh-my-god-I'm-a-werewolf' situation (ie, waking up in leaves, waiting numbly on the porch)

Sam's range is 1. knit brow 2. close eyes 3. look down 4. sigh 5. repeat.  The dude's funny, I'll giva ya that. But so far I am zero invested in his character.

(Sorry still ranting, tune out of ya want wink  So, he's 'upset' he infected her and 'wants to kill himself' - yah. sure.

Then he drags her off to a party the day AFTER she changes for the very first time, because of peer pressure.

When he founds out their baby miscarried - knit brow *alot* then... just... nothing.

He wants to make sure he can cure her! But when given an opportunity for fundage, he goes 'no!' with very little reasoning outside of '*rolls eyes* rich kids these days!'

And then, to try and force Nina to stay in the storage unit, he blurts out so freaking bluntly and soullessly 'you're a killer!'. He got her pregnant, infected her and caused her to miscarry, and he does *that*.

But does he run after her relentlessly, worried about what she might do when she storms out? No, he waits, then pokes around the hospital, then returns to laugh it up with Ghosty.

If I was Nina, I think I'd rip the guys head off. He's such a dick.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#103 2012-02-14 12:55:08

lupinealchemist

Well, Nora/Nina embraced her lycanthropy with help from the twins and now her ex is dead. Should be interesting. Looks like Josh gets pinned for mass murder next episode.

#104 2012-02-22 21:59:16

lupinealchemist

And now the identity of Sally's reaper is revealed.

#105 2012-02-24 11:37:46

The Busboy
Administrator

I noticed that the first season is on DVD:
http://www.amazon.com/Being-Human-Compl … amp;sr=1-3

#106 2012-03-05 22:03:08

lupinealchemist

Loved the invitation loophole they used this week.

#107 2012-03-12 21:56:24

lupinealchemist

This week pulled a Fight Club.

#108 2013-01-15 11:17:50

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was closed (since this one already existed):

ODedonCoke wrote:

And I just watched the first epi, "It's a Shame about Ray".

There's extremely little werewolfing going on. No TF scenes whatsoever (except for a brief flashback to the previous season). Heck, there's not even a werewolf featured anywhere.

Well at least Nora is looking mighty FINE in this episode.

Let's hope things get better for us werewolf fans as the series progresses.

#109 2013-01-16 12:40:19

zockereinstein

From the teaser trailers you can find out that there will be a teenager werewolf in the series (rpobably on episode three). The actress is Lydia Doesburg: http://vimeo.com/54885025 for her casting on Being Human wink

#110 2013-01-22 03:06:26

ODedonCoke

S03E02: (Dead) Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Again, there's very little werewolfing going on here. Josh grows claws and teeth in an imaginary sequence, and that's it. Nora goes to the warehouse with some dude, and in the cliffhanger we see that the door has been broken and blood leads away from the warehouse, implying that she transformed and killed the guy. No actual TF sequence is shown.

The plot thickens...

20-second preview of Episode 3 The Teens, they are a-Changing:

http://www.rickey.org/being-human-seaso … a-changin/

Looks like we will see Lydia Doesburg next week, Zockereinstein!

BTW Busboy, thanks for reposting my comments here. I couldn't find the thread.

Last edited by ODedonCoke (2013-01-22 03:35:25)

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#111 2013-01-22 16:36:33

MarkOne
Website

ODedonCoke wrote:

S03E02: (Dead) Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Again, there's very little werewolfing going on here. Josh grows claws and teeth in an imaginary sequence, and that's it. Nora goes to the warehouse with some dude, and in the cliffhanger we see that the door has been broken and blood leads away from the warehouse, implying that she transformed and killed the guy.

The "dude" in the warehouse is the dad of the pure bred wolf twins from last season, so he's a wolf as well. And when the door was broken and bloody, it shows that both him and Nora changed in the room. As to what happened, we won't know till next week's ep.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#112 2013-01-24 09:58:32

WolfMontana

Yep yep. Hope they make Josh a werewolf again, or at the very least kill off his character and bring in someone who would make an interesting werewolf character to watch.

I like the guy as a funny actor, but I really can't stand him in this.

#113 2013-01-29 01:35:32

ODedonCoke

S03E03: The Teens They are a-Changin'

So Nora got out alive (thank goodness), and so did the other guy - but that doesn't explain all the blood that Josh found on the floor.

Josh and Nora later meet with a girl who was infected by a werewolf and the both of them would change later that night.

Not a lot in the way of TF. They take off their clothes, girl doubles over in pain, grows teeth and her back arches. (I could see a very, very slight muzzle change?) Nora's actual transformation is not shown.

The teen werewolf attacks Josh in his car, but is stopped by wolf-Nora, and they end up nuzzling. LOL cute much?

Last edited by ODedonCoke (2013-01-29 01:38:25)

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#114 2013-02-18 11:12:27

mrRW

I can't find it but I seem to recall there being a really cool excerpt in one the previews of Liam's wolf form.

Also noticed a difference in how Nora and Josh described the change where she says "This is where you feel amazing" and he says "terrified" or something along those line.  Interesting little sub-plot building there.

#115 2013-04-15 01:05:56

FinShaggy
Website

So is this show good? Never seen it.

#116 2013-04-15 18:12:39

FinShaggy
Website

I'm about to start watching this right now smile

#117 2013-04-15 22:59:08

WolfMontana

It wasn't as good as the Brit version to begin with, but it's ended up surpassing it in my mind. Aiden's path is the most interesting, and the guy playing him is the best actor out of the three, though that ghost chick's got some chops with the stuff she's been going through in the last few. I've never liked Josh (the werewolf) in the American version, the guy's the weakest actor of the three. George was a much stronger character in the UK version.

Also, the TF/werewolf designs in this version do not hold up to the Brit version. They're unique, I'll give them that. Well, sorta unique. Mangy really. But the TF/werewolf from the UK version was the closest I've seen on TV to AWIL.

Overall - well worth a look. I'm really intrigued with what they're going to do with Josh and his meditations and his now 'Pure blood' lineage.

#118 2013-04-15 23:37:25

FinShaggy
Website

The Vampires are a lot like the Free Masons. And the main vampire character is like any over privileged hipster kid in America, wanting praise just for not being a complete ass hole, when in reality they are a complete ass hole, and should really just start an organization for themselves if they really want to help people.

His "sire" lords over him, and he lets him, I like that he's a cop it shows that the police are just as corrupt as the masons, which they are. This vampire kid should just get some other vamps together and start a revolution, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would turn completely willingly, and he could fight back against his supposed "oppressor". New kids would have no idea blondey was the leader, they would do whatever the person that changed them told them to.

There is WAAAAYY not enough werewolf stuff in this show. Like COMPLETLEY not enough werewolf stuff, I am only a few episodes in, but that is really the reason I started watching this show.

The ghost stuff is cool, girls who love someone and lonely people can relate. And the 80's ghost was funny, they should have done something cooler though, like a 60s ghost or something.

More updates to come as I see more

#119 2013-04-16 00:27:31

FinShaggy
Website

The way the old man taught the werewolf kid to walk around in a circle all night, he's basically explaining how to make a good trip happen, which is funny because werewolf lore is heavily based on people taking poisonous plants and hallucinating themselves as wolf like. I know on mushrooms I've felt like a monkey, but that's just because humans are such monkeys. We ARE apes.

But as I continue to watch this episode it's ALL about drug use. The werewolf is learning how to trip responsibly from an old hippy red neck. And the Vampire girl is like a junkie, while the vampire dude is trying to stop biting humans.

When the older werewolf took him to beat up vampires in that ****ty part of town, that was just a bum teaching a young bum that he can mug rich guys as they come out of strip clubs, lol.

I like that the priest and the cop are the bad guys. Says something about them for real... There is an old quote from Abbie Hoffman that said something along the lines of: "We used to dress like nuns and preists when we were making drug drops at the post office... then one day I got to thinking. What is the Catholic church doing so wrong that it's gotta dress up like that all the time?"

#120 2013-04-16 00:28:47

FinShaggy
Website

OOOHOOHOHOOHOHoh SHIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Her boyfriend killed her.

#121 2013-04-16 20:52:38

FinShaggy
Website

I hope the baby werewolves are AWESOME.

And Danny is finally SCREWED, he's gonna get handed around in jail. Killing your own fiancé isn't a very respectable thing in prison. Killing ANY woman or child isn't respectable.

That episode right before the first season finale is crazy. I'm about to watch the season finale now.

I think the battle between Aiden and Bishop could have used a little more funding, but it was pretty cool. Werewolf baby developing and girl werewolf is awesome, they got a pack on the way now. So this should get A LOT more interesting now...

That's the end of season one. On to season two.

So I totally noticed Aiden drinking coffee in a lot of episodes, and heating it up in the microwave. But I didn't notice until JUST NOW that it's BLOOD in his coffee mug. That is HILARIOUS.

This is getting CRAZY!!!
Sally can dream.
Aiden is *****.
Josh just got blasted and his girlfriend is turning into a werewolf for the first time, she's the only one that could save him.

I'm pretty sure mothers daughter is insane and some crazy stuff is going to happen.

#122 2013-04-16 23:29:09

lupinealchemist

FinShaggy wrote:

And Danny is finally SCREWED, he's gonna get handed around in jail. Killing your own fiancé isn't a very respectable thing in prison. Killing ANY woman or child isn't respectable.

That episode right before the first season finale is crazy. I'm about to watch the season finale now.

I think the battle between Aiden and Bishop could have used a little more funding, but it was pretty cool. Werewolf baby developing and girl werewolf is awesome, they got a pack on the way now. So this should get A LOT more interesting now...

So I totally noticed Aiden drinking coffee in a lot of episodes, and heating it up in the microwave. But I didn't notice until JUST NOW that it's BLOOD in his coffee mug. That is HILARIOUS.

This is getting CRAZY!!!
Sally can dream.
Aiden is *****.
Josh just got blasted and his girlfriend is turning into a werewolf for the first time, she's the only one that could save him.

I'm pretty sure mothers daughter is insane and some crazy stuff is going to happen.

Sorry, there's no werewolf babies.

#123 2013-04-17 02:56:21

FinShaggy
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

FinShaggy wrote:

This is getting CRAZY!!!
Sally can dream.
Aiden is *****.

Sorry, there's no werewolf babies.

Yeah, I found that out.

#124 2013-04-17 02:58:03

FinShaggy
Website

This is getting pretty awesome.

Looks like Aiden is about to rebel, with the help of some mob connections and a vampire princess.
And Josh just met two bad ass pure bred werewolves that want to turn the wolf on 24/7.

So this should get awesome. But the ghost stuff is getting kinda lame. She needs to get over drowny dude, sure she likes him, but it's not like she's gonna die before she gets another chance with him. They are both dead for eternity now.

Oh my god, the princess vampire gets "grounded", that is too hilarious.

Why did Josh have to go be a snitch. What a dumb ass.

Why can't Josh be like his girlfriend. She's embracing it and everything, while Josh pretends to be a lone wolf and hangs out with people that are on the verge of killing him at almost all times.

Funny, the lawyer was the only guy in the room with a heartbeat.

#125 2013-04-17 03:22:59

FinShaggy
Website

I can't believe this reaper, he gently caressin had her kill people she cared about. Why couldn't he just kill other ghosts, that's some crazy ****. Can't wait to see what they do to him.

And Henry, poor guy. But... He was a tramp

Damn, Sally went off the deep end.

So normally drinking blood makes them drunk. But werewolf blood acts more like an upper, then makes blood shoot from his eyeballs.

This is getting insane though. Sally and Zoey are in imagination land, Sally possessed and Zoey getting strangled by a reaper and eaten by Aiden.

Josh is about to wolf out.

And Aiden is eating his friends and bleeding from his eyeballs on the ground.

It's getting heavy.

Board footer