The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-11 08:51:13

Sasquatch

Are you guys RPing or just mentally ill?

At first I thought that this was an RP forum, but it seems to me that some of you believe that you've actually physically shifted? Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

I'm not talking about people that believe they have a spiritual connection with animals, as people can imagine anything they want. Just those that claim they actually turn into a werebeast.

This post isn't intended to be inflammatory, I just want to know if I'm dealing with RPers or loons here.

#2 2011-01-11 12:02:03

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Re: Are you guys RPing or just mentally ill?

Most people here are aware that it is impossible to physically turn into an animal. Every user who has claimed that is no longer active on the site, or no longer makes such a claim. The therianthropy section of this website is for...well, therians. Therians do no believe that we can physically shift. So, barring trolls, you're not dealing with either. (unless you go to the RPing section)

#3 2011-01-11 12:08:05

Sasquatch

Thank you, maybe I could be a part of this community after all then. I was reading through the member bios in the new member section and was quite offput by how many 'Hello, I'm ________, I'm 15 years old and I am a werewolf' posts I saw.

#4 2011-01-12 04:40:47

ShadowTrail

Sasquatch wrote:

Thank you, maybe I could be a part of this community after all then. I was reading through the member bios in the new member section and was quite offput by how many 'Hello, I'm ________, I'm 15 years old and I am a werewolf' posts I saw.

People are free to write anything they feel necessary. Other members are free to troll them to oblivion. This forum is very lightly moderated, and whilie scifiguy have right, almost no member was banned for Rping, lieing and being loony
Im not even sure why it matter to you. Are you a elite therian or something?
Btw most members that stay here are seriously obsessed over werewolf movies and such, but we like them anyway ;D

#5 2011-01-12 09:35:53

Sasquatch

No no no, I'm not therian at all. I treat it like religion, you can believe whatever the hell you want just don't try to make me believe. I just joined this site because I'm a fan of werewolf fiction and wanted to talk to others who share this interest.
  The only reason I asked was because I was deeply curious about the extent to which some people claimed to be therian or werebeasts. I'm sure as you say that most are either trolling or RPing, or I suspect confused teenagers who want to be accepted, we've all been there.

#6 2011-01-17 07:36:15

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

OK Sasquatch there is only a couple methods of physically shifting that are considered viable, and trust me, if they had shifted they wouldn't be talking about it. One is only select warriors in certain Indian tribes that were able to shift (not twilight). The other method is to invite certain demons into your body and risk damming yourself and this is a long excruciating process. Don't say there is noone who does, there are defiantly some who do but you wont find them here.

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#7 2011-01-17 09:23:58

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

shadowwolfx wrote:

One is only select warriors in certain Indian tribes that were able to shift (not twilight).

Did they shape-shift into cows?

<3

#8 2011-01-17 10:11:03

Sasquatch

shadowwolfx wrote:

OK Sasquatch there is only a couple methods of physically shifting that are considered viable, .

Considered viable by whom?

#9 2011-01-17 15:23:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I think he meant to say 'considered possible' rather than 'considered viable'. And yes, while this section of the board wishes it was for actual Therians, It is more preyed upon by 15 year old werewolf-subculture wannabes asking if their craving for rare steak makes them a werewolf. They are often not therians, however, and this is not really the right forum for serious discussion of therianthropy.

Last edited by ShadyHowl (2011-01-17 15:23:44)

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#10 2011-01-17 17:35:14

lupinealchemist

The people that I hear that p-shifted are often trolls or flipping mental. One person for example says he undergone self-mutilation to help his skin and bones shift easier.

#11 2011-01-17 21:06:37

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Hello Sasquatch, welcome to the werewolf cafe, my favorite trolling grounds! big_smile

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#12 2011-01-18 06:03:40

Sasquatch

Thank  you, this is my first werewolf related forum. Not my first forum ever, just the first werewolf one. And yes I've noticed some of your posts, I'm glad you gave me a warmer welcome than some of the other newbies. Of course, I'm not 15 and claiming to have vampire friends.

#13 2011-01-18 11:39:24

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Do you like my submersible avatar?

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#14 2011-01-18 14:24:39

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

its EPIC! lol

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#15 2011-01-18 15:18:59

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Do you like my submersible avatar?

I don't, it doesn't look enough like a phallus.

<3

#16 2011-01-18 15:35:36

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Topic Please.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#17 2011-01-18 17:27:25

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

lupinealchemist wrote:

The people that I hear that p-shifted are often trolls or flipping mental. One person for example says he undergone self-mutilation to help his skin and bones shift easier.

That was probably a troll.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#18 2011-01-18 17:28:06

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

There is no topic.

#19 2011-01-19 00:24:49

Minty

shadowwolfx wrote:

OK Sasquatch there is only a couple methods of physically shifting that are considered viable, and trust me, if they had shifted they wouldn't be talking about it. One is only select warriors in certain Indian tribes that were able to shift (not twilight). The other method is to invite certain demons into your body and risk damming yourself and this is a long excruciating process. Don't say there is noone who does, there are defiantly some who do but you wont find them here.

Actually, sounds to me like you mean "recorded" or "historically known," rather than "viable."  We're talking about magic here, which means the Laws of Nature do not apply, so, theoretically, there should be no limit to the amount of ways you could transform yourself.  Historically, yes, there are a limited number of ways to employ changing your shape.  They include...

1.  Selling yourself to Satan, and he transforms you through his own power.
2.  Donning a wolf skin/magic belt, the removal of which will turn you back into a human
3.  Being bitten by a werewolf
4.  Being bitten by a true wolf (not as common)
5.  Slathering yourself in a magic ointment to allow yourself to transform
6.  Consuming human flesh, by which you are damned by God (Christian) to remain as a wolf for a period of seven years, and will be transformed back into a human provided you have not consumed human flesh again during that period.
7.  Pre-Christian, committing some sort of offense against a powerful magic user, who transforms you (frequently into a long succession of different animals) as punishment (see Mabinogi, fourth branch)
8.  Pre-Christian, also commonly seen, yourself being a powerful magic user, you transform yourself into an animal to escape attackers

As far as I know, the whole "demon possession" thing was more the demons making you believe they transformed you, rather than it actually happening.  Only Satan was thought to have enough power to actually transform you (and witches, but they supposedly managed it by drawing on Satan's powers, not their own).

These are all I can recall off the top of my head.  Anyone else heard of anything?

"They flee from me, that sometime did me seek/With naked foot stalking within my chamber./Once have I seen them gentle, tame, and meek/That now are wild and do not once remember/That sometime they have put themselves in danger/To take bread at my hand; and now they range,/Busily seeking in continual change."--Thomas Wyatt, The Lover Showeth How He Is Forsaken of Such as He Sometime Enjoyed

#20 2011-01-19 22:46:10

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

ive personally tried some things but my journey was cut off short when my only option left was inviting malevolent forces into my body lol

#21 2011-01-20 00:21:12

lupinealchemist

Personally I don't believe you have you rely on malevolent forces for such things.

#22 2011-01-20 02:47:45

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Minty wrote:

Fictional Stuff.

This is a section for discussion about real life.  Please keep werewolf-fiction to the other sections.

#23 2011-01-20 04:58:50

ShadowTrail

shadowwolfx wrote:

madnes

lupinealchemist wrote:

loony

Topic is : Are you guys RPing or just mentally ill?
Now please answer the question.

#24 2011-01-20 06:49:09

Sasquatch

On the same topic, the other thing that bothers me is the people talking about 'humans' as if they're seperate beings? Are they mainly trolls aswell? Or is it widely believed in the community that therians are not human?

#25 2011-01-20 12:07:18

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Yeah, actually that kind of bothers me too, actually, and I AM a therian. A lot of people do that on therian forums, they're not trolls, they just feel the need to make that distinction. It's annoying, but don't bother calling anyone on it, it's not worth it.

Board footer