The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-01-20 14:09:24

Sasquatch

Re: Are you guys RPing or just mentally ill?

Ahh I see, thanks for giving me a rational answer again Scifiguy! You make it easy for a non-therian and sceptic to learn about therianism.

#27 2011-01-20 15:19:51

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

That's what I'm here for. I try to give comprehensive answers instead of sarcastic ones.

#28 2011-01-20 15:22:15

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Well, it goes a few ways: I don't use the term, but some do because of the separation we feel from the rest of society.  Therians are human, yet at the same time, we aren't "human" for some definition of the word somewhere in our heads.  Alot of therians have a phase of hating humans and all that, but that's silliness and we outgrow it eventually.  Really, it's a matter of terminology.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#29 2011-01-20 16:18:48

Sasquatch

But there's no belief that biologically therians are not human? That's what I don't get, because it simply flies in the face of science.

#30 2011-01-20 18:47:22

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Sasquatch wrote:

But there's no belief that biologically therians are not human? That's what I don't get, because it simply flies in the face of science.

ok dude, let me help you out a bit check out Gender Identity Disorder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_Identity_Disorder think of those therians that believe they are not human the same way. Inside we are not human, although we do mate, mingle and live with humans, our ability to adapt in the way is part of the marvel of the human mind. Many would say we are mentally ill but those of us that are true therians would strongly disagree, we are simply assigned the wrong species at birth just the same as people with gender identity disorder are assigned the wrong sex. As far as your werewolf kids lol yes they are RPing, think what you will Sasquatch but this is how it is.

Last edited by shadowwolfx (2011-01-20 18:48:33)

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#31 2011-01-20 19:11:13

Sasquatch

Yeah I really get that, like I said people are free to believe what they will. I mean, gender identity disorder is fairly commonplace and certainly well documented these days! That's why I made sure I used the word biologically, the threads that really threw me were the ones like 'Can therians mate with normal humans?'. Was that likely just a troll?

#32 2011-01-20 19:14:33

lupinealchemist

Just so people don't get the wrong idea, I do believe I'm human.

#33 2011-01-20 19:18:37

lupinealchemist

shadowwolfx wrote:

Sasquatch wrote:

ok dude, let me help you out a bit check out Gender Identity Disorder http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_Identity_Disorder think of those therians that believe they are not human the same way. Inside we are not human, although we do mate, mingle and live with humans, our ability to adapt in the way is part of the marvel of the human mind. Many would say we are mentally ill but those of us that are true therians would strongly disagree, we are simply assigned the wrong species at birth just the same as people with gender identity disorder are assigned the wrong sex. As far as your werewolf kids lol yes they are RPing, think what you will Sasquatch but this is how it is.

As far as what I learned, otherkin are the ones that believe they have a non-human soul, Therians have a belief similar to totemism or spirit guides.

#34 2011-01-20 20:49:14

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Sasquatch wrote:

Yeah I really get that, like I said people are free to believe what they will. I mean, gender identity disorder is fairly commonplace and certainly well documented these days! That's why I made sure I used the word biologically, the threads that really threw me were the ones like 'Can therians mate with normal humans?'. Was that likely just a troll?

A more valid question worth evaluating is how may a therian bring themselves to mate with a human, to answer this question: I simply know i will not find the mate I'm looking for. I faced the fact i will most likely never find the therian mate I'm looking for, and one without the crazys? (lessens the odds even more) This simply does does not bother me anymore as I am with a human right now. Ill tell you what, she understands what i am and even treats me different than people because she understands this and I'm very happy with my mate. I think what these therians are missing in this concept is, that just like us being different as biological humans, it is possible to find humans without those traits  or less of, that make them so disgusting. (this clearly isn't every case)

Assuming this post your referring to wasn't a grammar error YES, congrats, you found a troll on a forum! (don't get to excited)

Last edited by shadowwolfx (2011-01-20 20:54:15)

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#35 2011-01-20 21:16:01

lupinealchemist

Therians can find human mates because Therians are still human.

#36 2011-01-21 01:18:58

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

shadowwolfx wrote:

but those of us that are true therians would strongly disagree

Please do not speak for all "true therians"

lupinealchemist wrote:

otherkin are the ones that believe they have a non-human soul, Therians have a belief similar to totemism or spirit guides.

Same to you.

Therianthropy is a personal experience, and everyone who experiences it experiences and explains it in a different way.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#37 2011-01-21 21:18:09

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

you think your sick Sherlawk?

#38 2011-01-21 21:42:36

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

shadowwolfx wrote:

A more valid question worth evaluating is how may a therian bring themselves to mate with a human

shadowwolfx wrote:

I think what these therians are missing in this concept is, that just like us being different as biological humans, it is possible to find humans without those traits  or less of, that make them so disgusting.

Get off your high horse. Again, like Sherlawk said, please don't claim to speak for all therians. You made us all sound like a bunch of stuck up pricks there.

shadowwolfx wrote:

wut?

#39 2011-01-21 22:39:12

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

shadowwolfx wrote:

I think you need to stop speaking like you're such an authority on Therians and what we think.

#40 2011-01-22 11:01:47

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Plenty of therians maintain perfectly satisfying, normal relationships with non-therians. You sure you're actually a therian, shadowwolf?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#41 2011-01-22 13:22:51

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I don't think questioning each others "true therianthropy" is really appropriate, I just want this new guy to stop making his bold statements with his funny words.  There is no such thing as an end-all weresource on Therianthropy, only things you see when you hang out in the community. (though, there is a weresource.org)

Edit: I just realized that Random's link has a picture from an episode of EGS which I haven't read.

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2011-01-22 13:26:57)

#42 2011-01-22 16:41:43

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

No, but claiming that 'humans are insufficient mates, I need a therian' or some similarly ridiculous statement just yells 'poser' to me. It's textbook trying too hard.

#43 2011-01-22 20:21:53

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I've heard plenty of people say that, actually.  I think I even felt that way for a short time at some point... And it's true, Therians make nicer mates for Therians...

#44 2011-01-22 20:45:28

lupinealchemist

I have a therian friend who had a therian girlfriend. It seemed like they were a perfect match, then she screwed him over. He was emotionally and spiritually effed up for a while. Thankfully he fully recovered.

#45 2011-01-23 02:21:23

Old1

I am 60 years old and my family has oral history of our awakening, our awareness.No, not as a werewolf but as a self aware being at the beginning of time.As we evolved, adapted we were split into various creatures. The wolf or an animal who would become a wolf was at one time part of all of us. The primitive wolf creature became a human companion early on because they retained the genetic memory of a time when all creatures were one.Humans adapted quickly to all environments and so we offered a "pack security" to our distant cousins.There are humans who also retain this distant genetic memory.They "feel" the animal, the wolf creature or other creature within them.They more often than not are loners despite the pack instinct because they can not resolve the animal within them with the human creature into which they have evolved.
Are "werewolves" carnivorous? not necessarily at this point in human evolution due to media conditioning.Do they physically change? Only in demeanor. They "posture" within a pack as any wolf or dog will do but  if you live with dogs you know there are strict rules within a pack that dictate introduction and acceptable challenge.Aggressive behavior is more apt to signal fear or is a response to threat,hunger, injury etc.
Do humans who possess an awareness of their wolf within more likely to demonstrate keener senses, heightened stamina or strength? Not necessarily. Humans are a product of their environment. What they don't need, they lose.
Are "werewolves" pack animals. Not usually. Most are secretive loners who prefer the company of animals to humans.
I hope this was at least food for thought.

#46 2011-01-23 02:47:27

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Old1 wrote:

Long, rambling nonsense.

...what, may I ask, the eff?

#47 2011-01-23 04:11:55

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Old1 wrote:

Mindless droning bulls***.

SHUT UP.

#48 2011-01-23 04:47:08

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

yes, let me be sure to play politics just for you guys lol

#49 2011-01-23 05:28:33

ShadowTrail

Surprise, surprise. I agree with basic concept in OLd1 post, because it resemble my own though on that matter. Theriantrophy can be caused by some sort of brain atavism, this make that kind of person more primal in behavior as mentioned above. Species maybe are choosed as archetypes (not to mention that archetypes are ONLY accepted by me theory explaining otherkins. Dragons souls? There was NO dragons on earth!)

In short, i think that Old1 believe that his (potentiall) theriantrophy have genetic background, and is passed in his family through generation
This is in fact MORE beliveable than usual crap promoted by therian community (like animal spirit and such)
Can we ever prove animal spirit/reincarnation theory? Nope
Can we prove/disprove genetic/archetypal theory? Yes, but serious study is neccesary on that topic
Keep in mind that genetic memory is a fact (most human are afraid of snakes and spiders even when they are born in area with none of them)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_me … chology%29
Of course this require a lot of mind stretching to claim that we  *remember* as old time in our genetic line, like time when dinos rule the earth (or when *we* as a species was our wolf-like mammal ancestor)
I hope that enlight you bit more smile
(and please  before you rage on me read this too http://otherkincommunity.net/topic3622 )
Note > i still belive that some spiritual theory can be valid (like reincarnation(therians) and maybe few others), just we never prove them

Btw> of course i still find many part of Old1 post hillarious

Old1 wrote:

The primitive wolf creature became a human companion early on because they retained the genetic memory of a time when all creatures were one

sorry but things dont work that way, and wolves are way more close to rabbit and other prey animals, then to humans. And you know, they eat them wink

Last edited by ShadowTrail (2011-01-23 05:29:49)

#50 2011-01-23 10:44:09

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Haha, just when I think things can't get any weirder...

Board footer