The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-14 21:16:20

lupinealchemist

Cameo dream shifting.

When I feel the need to fly in my dreams I sprout dragon wings. This is strange to me since I find dragons to be less therian and more otherkin and I'd rather not follow the FYIAD crowd.

So how many different things real or mythological have you shifted into?

#2 2011-01-15 02:35:19

Moonlit Hunter

Re: Cameo dream shifting.

Um... I can fly in dreams any time that I want, though I do not need or use wings to do so. It is Peter Pan style when it happens. I usually don't do it, though, because I have problems with either running into things like power lines or going so far up that I start floating higher and higher and can't stop myself...

I have been transformed into a bird, however, a handful of times. Very rarely. Once I was turned into a cockatiel, and the other couple of times it was a snowy owl. The owl I looked like resembled Hedwig from Harry Potter. The cockatiel was a latino, like my own cockatiel that I have (yellow bird with a marble pattern down her back). Each time this has happened, the purpose of transforming me into a bird has not been to fly - it has been to do some other task. The flying was just part of it. Also, it was an outside force turning me, not something done under my own power.

It is interesting to note that each time someone turned me into a bird, I had a very clear picture of what I looked like as a bird. However, I have never seen an image of myself as a wolf in a dream. I have never looked in a mirror or seen any kind of reflection of myself while in wolf form, and I have never done that thing in dreams where you get a third-person perspective where you can watch yourself while at the same time being in the body while in wolf form.

Board footer