The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2011-02-02 14:41:02

Dispater

Re: Romance / Erotic Werewolf Fantasy Story

Oh yea, Hayden, I haven't forgotten about reading you're story I promise I'll get to it now and post a response later smile

#27 2011-02-02 15:32:38

hayden09

Loving it:) I have a huge urge to know whats going on and whats happening next!

As you know aready I love your writing:)

#28 2011-02-02 15:33:07

hayden09

lol its kool!

#29 2011-02-03 06:53:32

Ridgewolf

Argh it dropped off right as it was getting VERY intresting; learning more about this mysterous man!

Now i HAVE to come back to read more... Not that i wasn't going to anyway... wink

Wolfs 'n' Minecraft <3

#30 2011-02-03 09:16:23

Dispater

Haha!  I know it's so evil of me, isn't it?  I love keeping you guys hooked, but at the time I posted I only had another paragraph or two and there wasn't enough to complete the concept I was going to present, so I cut it off there, but not to worry I've got some solid hours right now that I can spend writing, and I'll gladly describe more about this "mysterious man" for you.  Check back after a few hours of this post if you can't wait to find out more.

In the mean time check out some of these images I found while surfing the net.  I'm using them as a source of inspiration

http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … n_girl.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … _child.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … maiden.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … olf_01.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … olf_02.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … ooncub.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … th_pet.jpg
http://www.naorhy.com/art/freddy/elfwoo … erider.jpg

Here's what I envision Lily to look like, but with longer hair.
http://g.1asphost.com/WolfSmoke/elmore/ … gThief.jpg

Last edited by Dispater (2011-02-03 09:49:14)

#31 2011-02-03 10:20:45

Dispater

Maybe some of you guys can help me out with this.  I'm doing a little bit of research into something I know nothing about - skinning and tanning the skin of an animal so that it's fur can be used to make clothes and other useful things out of it.  I plan on having Valkyre doing stuff like this as they make their way through the wild and I was trying to think how realistic it would be.  Is this something that can be done in the wild with what little they currently have and making use of the raw material they might be able to forage?  It may not seem like a big part to the story, I'd like to make it somewhat realistic if I can.

Any thoughts?

So far with an hours worth of internet research I think it's possible for him to do this, but if he's going to fashion some kind of clothing out the skins he collects what can I have him use to "sew" or hold the material together?  This is a fantasy world so I can decide to make up some kind of particular species of plant or some other material that might make do as thread of some kind.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Dispater (2011-02-03 10:25:05)

#32 2011-02-03 11:46:03

The Busboy
Administrator

Just a quick note regarding the story to please stay at a "G" rating so everyone can enjoy the site.

#33 2011-02-04 10:22:16

Dispater

He stared directly into her eyes meeting her gaze without faltering, a rare ability that most men could not master.  It was a profound example of his confidence and willingness to trust her.  "I was one of her slaves for three years, and during the last year she had claimed me as her favorite play thing.  This collar was crafted with several enchantments, mostly designed for servitude and to prevent me from escaping or harming her, but she included other things on it as well.  She delighted in using me for sex, and was never happy if I finished too soon so her solution was to enspell my collar to make me feel pain instead of sexual release.”

"So instead of being able to finish that thing prevents you from wanting to?"

"No.  I still want to, but if I do I have to pay a price.  There were times, especially in the beginning, she used me until I was so blinded with need I was willing to suffer the consequences.  I quickly discovered the greater my urge was then the more it hurt.  I think one of the reasons she liked me so much was because I had survived longer than any of my predecessors.  I had even witnessed some men die instantly upon the first time of enduring the affects of the torturous device, and I believe at times it was her specific goal.  There were many times the pain had been so intense. pushing me into oblivion, I felt for sure I would never return to life, but I'd recover, and she would administer me personally with attention making sure I'd be healthy and strong for the next time.  In her own twisted fashion I think she actually loved me, but I could never have given her what she wanted in return, although she certainly tried to get me to reciprocate her feelings."

"Couldn't you have prevented having sex with her just by not letting yourself be interested?"

"As I siad the collar also made it so I had to obey almost any command she gave, and she was clever with the way she worded things.  It also wasn't so easy to ignore her beauty combined with her seductive ability to elicit a reaction from even the most purest men.  She even bragged to me on more than one occasion her favorite conquest had been that of a paladin visiting her estate on a matter of diplomacy.  His faith was destroyed after she was finished with him.  If I hadn't had the misfortune of knowing the woman so intimately I'd have thought she was a succubus.”

“She sounds like she was very evil.”

“Hmm,” Valkyre shrugged slightly while still holding Lily. “Perhaps.”

“How can there be any doubt?”

“I spent a lot of time with her and she told me things.  Things I don’t think she ever shared with anyone else.  She was sick in her desires to be sure, but I got to know her and understand the kind of person she was and where she had come from.  She had lived through some awful experiences and hardened her soul to survive, so in that respect she had my sympathy, but she could’ve chosen to adapt differently than she had.”

Valkyre sighed in a brief moment of reflection as if he regretted what he had just said. “Then again I might be too harsh in my judgment of her.  Not everyone possesses a strong will, and we all cope differently.”

He retracted the arm he had laying over her back and caringly pushed some of Lily’s hair out of her eyes then let the back of his fingers lightly brush the side of her face.  He smiled again at her adding, “Don’t we little one?”

Lily reflected on his words and saw the similarities the two of them shared.  They both had been used to fulfill the desires of others without care to themselves.  This insight made her feel a personal connection to Valkyre almost as though they were kindred spirits in some way.  They had lived in slightly different circumstances and abusive situations, but in essence they had suffered all the same, and she could see in his eyes the scars it had added to his collection.  There was a painful regret for both himself and the Velvet Enchantress.

While he talked Lily observed he had always referred to the woman in the past tense so she had to ask, “What happened to her?”

“I killed her.”

His answer left her feeling stunned.  He was obviously a very soulful man and had demonstrated his compassion to her, and hearing him say such a thing without his smile hardly diminishing was disturbing.

“You killed her?” she reiterated with her eyes opening wider in astonishment. “But how?  The collar should have prevented you.”

“You’re right.  If it hadn’t then I would’ve killed her long before I got to know the true woman she had been.”

He let the smile fade from his face and still holding her with the arm around her waist he turned her sideways so he could reach around her to rotate the spit still roasting the meat.  She watched the way he moved and admired how capable he was, wishing she knew how to do what he was doing.

“The invaders were coming,” he continued to explain, “and there wasn’t any time to run.  The doors were barricaded, but it was a useless attempt at keeping them out.  They were breaking in when she told me she’d rather die than be at the mercy of those animals.  I knew there was no escape.  Death was coming for us and the only choice left was how we left this world.  I was sure I’d survive in the end, but certainly not her.  Before I fully was aware of what I had done, I had reached over to her and swiftly snapped her neck.  It wasn’t malicious.  I did it to protect her.  She died instantly.”

Lily was good at reading people and could tell there was a hint of pain in his voice.  He was distracting himself by tending to the food and she was taken aback that he could have such feelings for a woman who had been so cruel, and evoke sympathy from herself for what he had done.

“As crazy as it may sound I’m sorry for your loss.”

He didn’t respond remaining focused on the meat, and examining it to make sure it was ready to eat.

“Was that wrong of me to say?”

He squeezed her reassuringly and told her, “Not at all.  It proves you have a good heart and I appreciate your deeper understanding.  I doubt anyone else could offer me such.”

Valkyre lifted the spit that was hanging low to the ground near the fire and brought the cooked meat closer to his face where he turned it around a couple of times.  He took his other hand off of her hip and stripped a small piece off of the main body.  It was still too hot to eat so he blew to help it cool off faster and then tried a sample.  She watched him as he chewed and considered the quality of what would be their breakfast.  Eventually he nodded his approval and pulled off another piece.  He blew on it like he did before and offered it to her.  She took it delicately from his hands with her mouth and thought the simple action made him look sexy.

Although it tasted like bland, dry chicken she didn’t care.  She was so hungry anything would’ve had tasted great to her.  She wanted to swallow what she had in her mouth whole and without chewing it, but he was watching.  Perhaps he merely wanted to make sure the food would agree with her, but she forced herself to chew it slowly making herself look enticing while she did.

“Mmmm…that was delicious,” she said seductively. “May I have some more please?”

A soft chuckle emitted from his throat with his mouth closed and he indulged her.  This time she held onto his hand as he placed the strip of meat in her mouth and she took it along with his finger.  She kept it in her mouth gently sucking on it and checked his expression seeing how he liked what she was doing.  Valkyre swallowed hard and she could feel where he was touching her leg begin to harden again.

He gave a deep shuddering sigh that almost sounded like a growl. “You are an irresistible little nymph, aren’t you?”

She pulled his finger out of her mouth and licked it once more. “You more so than I,” she purred.

He slowly pulled his hand away from her and she let it go.

“Here,” he offered her the stick with the meat impaled on it, and she couldn’t keep the expression of disappointment off of her face. “We should get ready to move soon while we still have half a days worth of light.”

“But we’re warm here,” she protested. “Can’t we at least rest here another night?”

“I’d love to, but I want to get us further into the mountains so we don’t have to worry about any stray soldiers or marauders happening across us by chance.  We’re barely deep enough if they find traces of our camp to prevent them from investigating.  If we move further in they won’t want to come after us.”

Last edited by Dispater (2011-02-04 10:50:00)

#34 2011-02-05 00:50:18

Dispater

“If you think it’s safest then I guess we should,” Lily consented.  She rubbed the center of her chest with the base of her palm, instinctively testing the spot to see how well she might be able to endure the constant pressure of leaning against him.  She still felt a dull ache from the bruised area and knew it wouldn't take long him until she was hurting as badly as she was yesterday right before they had stopped. 

"Do you plan on carrying me as you did before?" she questioned him between between bites.”

“It is the best way,” he nodded as he began to move around their small camp gathering the few meager possessions they had.  He stopped for a moment looking back at her with more thoughtfulness. “You’re still hurting aren’t you?”

“I’ll be alright,” she lied while avoiding eye contact with him.  She didn’t want him to think she was too small or weak.

Valkyre said nothing and went back to picking up their belongings.  She watched him take the small burlap sacks she had used to help insulate her feet with and place her slippers ,shirt and the dagger inside and tie it closed with the twine.  He included a large loop when he tied the bag and put his arm through it sliding the improvised strap all the way up to his shoulder.  Valkyre picked up the second bag Lily had missed seeing and with it already apparently holding other contents slid it into place along side the first.

"What's in that bag?" she wondered aloud, knowing full well they didn't arrive at this spot carrying enough to fill both bags.

"Just a few things I found while I was out and about I thought might prove useful."

"Like what?"

"Some fireweed, a few stones and I'm going to carry the pelts in there as well.  They're small so they'll fit and they're still outside tanning as much as possible before we leave."

"Pelts? Where'd you...," she started to ask, but then stopped in the middle of chewing looking at the animal carcass she had almost completely devoured.

Valkyre saw the look on her face and gave a good hardy laugh without showing any shame. "Where did you think your meal came from?  There aren't any kitchens or chefs out here, but I promise I'll find enough to keep your belly full."

Lily wasn't happy with thought of having eaten some furry, innocent forest animal and guilt had stolen her appetite.  As she considered what to do with the little bit of edible meat remaining on the bones she had the horrible realization she had selfishly eaten almost all of it without even considering Valkyre.  She extended the stick in his direction offering what was left.

"I'm sorry," she timidly told him, transferring her guilt entirely. "I ate more than my share."

Valkyre laughed again, but this time not so blatantly. "That's quite alright, little one, I've already eaten.  What's there is all meant for you."

"Oh... well I don't think I can finish it."

"Lily," he began in a lecturing tone, "we won't have too many options of what we can eat out here so it would be best if you ate when able.  Trust me, you'll need every bit to give you energy so you can stay warm."

Valkyre paused for second and then added some more to what he was saying. "I've got to tend to the pelts and a couple other things before we leave.  Finish picking those bones clean and use the snow to wash your hands the best you can.  Then I want you to hold the inside of that cloak close to the heat of the fire.  If the flames die out that's fine the embers will still do the job, and be very careful not to get too close to where you set the thing on fire.  That material is the best thing I've got right now for keeping you alive."

After giving her his instructions he left the camp, venturing back out into winter cold with nothing but his own skin to protect him.  Even though she had seen him first hand endure the extreme climate she was still left speechless.  Much as it had happened the prior evening he left so abruptly that the absence of his presence caused a rush of silence to fill in the void.  At least this time it wasn't so bad since there was daylight to ward off her imagination from conjuring up horrible night creatures that wanted to eat her.

She did as she was told and made herself pretend what she was eating was no less than the type of rich food she had access to at the brothel and parties she was paid to attend.  Venturing to the edge of the pine branches she grabbed a chunk of snow to scrub her hands with and was immediately reminded of how bad it was outside.  Even though it was mid day and likely the warmest it was going to get, the thought of going back out was dreadful.

By the time Valkyre returned she was holding the winter cloak next to the embers of the fire, spread open as wide as she could reach.  She watched him duck low as he entered pushing his way through the branches and for some unexplained reason she found herself smiling at him.  Perhaps it was because she was relieved it was him and not someone else or maybe it was how attractive she found him, but one thing she was certain of was when he was near her she felt happy.

He approached her from the front and and ran his hands over the inside of cloak. "Good," he said with approval. "That'll do nicely to help keep you warm."

Valkyre took a moment to grab some snow from outside and tossed it on what remained of their camp fire then he took the cloak from her hands.  He laid it upon the ground and had her lay down on it.  Lily was a little confused with how he was deviating from the way she imagined they were going to travel, but she trusted him and did as he asked without question.  He made sure she kept her arms tucked in close to her body and folded the cloak around her wrapping her up completely from. head to toe.  Even her head was covered up, but with a few minor adjustments he fixed it so that it wasn't and made use of an extra fold of the fabric that could cover her face if it was getting too cold.

As he made some final adjustments he told her, "Try not to talk too much,  In fact it's best if you don't say anything unless it's really important, or you happen to see something you think may warrant my attention.  I'm going to to be concentrating on quite a few things and I won't be able to make idle talk with you, so if you have anything on you're mind now is the time to speak."

There were a lot of questions Lily had about Valkyre but many of them weren't pertinent at the moment.  However if this was the last time they were going to talk for a while she wanted to at least say something.

"I have one concern," she stated, and he paused, staring down at her, waiting to hear. "Are you going to be all right?"

He smiled at her as he had done before when it reached his eyes.  It was genuine and kind and made her feel like she was somehow very special to him.  She had no idea why he'd think that of her, but she knew she loved it when he looked at her in that way."

"I'll be fine little one," he told her in a low husky voice as he scooped her up. "You can help by thinking warm thoughts of me."

Valkyre cradled her close and leaned over her as he spoke the last words she was going to hear from him for the next few hours.  He brought his head near to hers and gave her a slow and deliberate kiss that sent a tingling sensation all through out her body.  If she could have put her arms around him she would've, but since she couldn't she did her best to pour her soul into that single kiss.  It was her hope that it would aid in shielding him from the cold of which she was sure he wasn't as immune to as he made himself seem to be. 

When they separated he lingered briefly with he his face filling her entire vision still holding that special smile looking as though he hadn't felt this way for anyone for a very long time.  With more care than if she were made of glass he covered her face without saying a word.  For Lily there was nothing more that could be said to add to how she felt right then and there. 

Valkyre was the last thing she saw before they were outside once more with the freezing weather biting at their vulnerable bodies.

#35 2011-02-05 20:52:40

hayden09

AWESOME! The story is getting better and better! I feel like im getting connected with both characters! I cant wait to read more!

#36 2011-02-05 21:06:14

Dispater

Sweet!  Honestly though, you don't think the romantic factor is being... well not sure of what word to use... too mushy?  And did I do a good enough job of relating Valkyre's intimate yet odd relationship with the Velvet Enchantress?

#37 2011-02-05 21:12:02

hayden09

Yes i was drawn in about the enchantress i want to know more:) and you have other aspects in your story action sex mystery so having a little mushyness is good too:)

#38 2011-02-05 21:16:32

Dispater

I've got a good sex scene coming up in the next chapter where the collar on Val's neck comes into play...*shiver*...It's gonna be spine tingling cool

#39 2011-02-05 21:26:22

hayden09

mhmm i cant wait:)
I found a really good site you get to personalize your own page and everything and there are erotic adult catagories for our stories:) I posted mine already!
Writer-Network.com
http://writers-network.com/members/hayden09

#40 2011-02-05 21:54:44

Dispater

I'll be taking a look over there soon might have to wait really late tonight before I can have time to set myself up over there

#41 2011-02-05 22:04:20

hayden09

thats kool!
Just thought id let you know:)

#42 2011-02-07 03:48:57

Dispater

Chapter 3

It seemed to her Valkyre had pushed himself harder than he had previously during the first day of their trek to reach the mountains.  By the time they had arrived at the next pine tree he deemed would be their shelter his breathing was more rapid and sounded harsher than it had been before.  She even thought she felt him stagger on more than one occasion, but it was hard to tell bundled up the way she was.  If he had though then something had to be wrong, and that had her worried.

He did very much the same thing, didn't stop until after nightfall, settled her beneath the pine, and left her alone again in the dark while he went back out to collect enough wood to burn and keep them warm.  She tried to address her concerns with him before he left and to get his help in freeing her from the cloak, but he quickly hushed her, saying she would keep warmer if she stayed wrapped up the way she was, and then he was gone.

The cold was just beginning to penetrate through the layer of her protection when he stumbled back into their camp.  He was carrying dry weeds, small twigs and few solid pieces of wood of which he dropped unceremoniously onto the ground.  He stamped his feet and hugged his arms around himself while rubbing them up and down trying to use the friction to help his body warm back up.  Even though it was too dark for her to make out the details of his face she was willing to bet he was clenching his teeth in an attempt to keep them from chattering.  He looked as though he was in far worse condition than the previous evening and his appearance justified her fears.

"Valkyre...?" she questioned him hoping he'd be willing to tell her what was going on without her having to pry the answer from him.  It appeared as though he wanted to speak to her, but then he stopped and dropped to his knees, hurrying to remove the bags from his shoulders and to setup a fire.

Lily tossed about until she was able to break free from the confines of the cloak and moved over to where he was to see if she could do anything to help.  Standing closer to him she could tell he was shivering and was failing miserably at holding onto the sticks to get the fire started.  Without giving it a second thought she gave up the cloak and threw it over his shoulders.

"N n n no.  You... n need...," he protested, but was shivering too badly to possess the coordination required to prevent her.

"Shhh," she interrupted him and without wasting any time removed the sticks from his hands and took over the vital task of getting a fire started.  Stubbornly, he helped by fumbling about in one of the small bags for what she figured was the stuff he had named as fireweed and tried to build a nest at the base of where the stick was rubbing into the wood.  However, his hands were shaking too badly and he wasn't able to be affective, but Lily was smart enough to understand the idea behind what he wanted done and took over that a well.

"I got this now," she told him off. "You concentrate on staying under that cloak and recovering what body heat you can."

In truth she had never done this and had only a vague recollection of how he had before, but there wasn't much of a choice for her not to try.  For whatever reason he had pushed his limits too far and made himself incapable of completing the necessary task, and now their survival rested with her.  It seemed like such a simple thing; make a fire and they'd be all right,  but she never had made one before, nor had she ever had the pressure of someone else's life resting in her hands.  She worked quickly and as efficiently as she could in the poor lighting all the while with her heart pounding in her chest with fear and excitement.  It was succeed or die, and she found the dangerous situation to be somewhat exhilarating.

To her amazement the dry fireweed suddenly flared to life, but she didn't let success go straight to her head and she was able to keep enough sense about her to realize she had to quickly apply the lighter twigs about the fading burst so that the more solid fuel could sustain a proper fire.  She kept her elation hidden and didn't pat herself on the back until she had a moderate flame going.  Once she did she glanced over at Valkyre taking pride in her accomplishment, but those feelings quickly vanished when the soft orangey glow revealed him lying on his side, clutching the cloak feebly around himself, and shaking uncontrollably.

Lily could feel the freezing night air swiftly sapping the warmth from her body, but it didn’t bother her as much as seeing her protector in such a tragic state.  She couldn’t fathom what had changed to make him suffer so severely to the freezing temperatures when he hadn’t the other day.  Rushing over to him she pulled the cloak back to get a better look at his body, and the worst thing she saw was the skin on his legs just above his knees and all the way down was peeling and was much whiter than his normal color.  She had never seen the affects of frost bite first hand, but thought she recognized it as such.  In addition to his legs his hands were also suffering from the same affects and she could feel a well of panic begin to bubble inside of her.

Lily hadn't the faintest idea how to treat such a severe case like this, but it seemed common sense to her the best thing she could do for now was to get him warmed up as soon as possible.  After carefully placing just enough wood around the fire to help it grow, and not let it get too large to where she'd risk setting aflame the tree, she made her way over to him.  Lily proceeded to press her small body into his as she imagined he had done for her, and buried herself entirely beneath the folds of the cloak.  She faced him arching her back and tucking her head down, trying to create a pocket of air between them she could warm up with her breath.

It didn't take her as long as she thought it might to heat up the space between them, however Valkyre's upper body still radiated a lower temperature than her own.  She considered if it would be wise to try and warm up his other frost bitten extremities, but some bit of survival knowledge she didn't know she had told her it was best to get the main core of him with all of the vital organs warm first and from there his blood could circulate and take care of the rest.

Lily kept on filling the space between them with the moist air of her breath and gradually she felt it make a difference with him.  He stopped shivering and his overworked muscles began to relax allowing him to finally rest.  His breathing slowed and became steady indicating he had found sleep for the time being.  Every once in a while she peeked her head out to make sure the fire remained burning and she took note each time how the air felt a little less chilly.  It was astonishing how such a small blaze could turn the area beneath the pine into such an effective fortress against the winter.  It wouldn't be long, she knew, until their camp was as comfortably toasty as the previous one had been, and she would have to be extra careful to moderate the fire so it didn't burn too high or too quickly.  They needed what fuel they had to last them through the night.

Once the air felt it had reached a comfortable temperature she uncurled herself from the front of Valkyre, and checked the badly frostbitten areas she had seen.  She was afraid of how terrible the damage was going to be and that sense of panic was returning as she wrestled with the fear of having to figure out some way to treat him.  However when she saw the condition of his skin again a feeling of relief washed over her and she was pleased to see that his remarkable healing ability hadn't been fully compromised.  His damaged limbs had miraculously been restored to their healthy state.

Making the most of the heat, she rolled him onto his side so his front was facing the campfire and she took care to position his limbs to support his head and to brace him so he didn't tip either way.  Thanks to Valkyre she had slept well the previous night and all throughout the morning so she was rested enough to keep herself awake and tend the fire.  She looked around for stuff to do she thought might be helpful, and to keep herself quietly occupied so that her companion could rest soundly.  Lily went through the limited contents of what was in the bags, but nothing she found lent any useful suggestions.  Unfortunately there wasn't much she knew how to do in a situation like this so she finally decided the best thing was to conserve her energy and minimize her moving about.

Lily poked the camp fire with a stick, kicking up a few flames, and then decided the only place she wanted to be was lying next to Valkyre with the cloak snugged tightly around them.  She lifted his arm up and tucked herself underneath letting the folds of the fabric fall where they would.  The chill in the air was fading and since she had been bundled up for a long period of time she decided she'd be more comfortable this way.  It felt great to feel his bare skin touching hers and thoughts of him filled her mind.

She didn't really know a lot about him, but in truth she wasn't sure if that mattered.  So far he had proven to be a dream come true, and maybe there was a part of her that wanted to stay dreaming for as long as she could.  There were many strange things about this man, and the more she found out the more concerned she was of discovering something awful.  However, with little else to do other than to let her thoughts wander she was unable to think of much else.

Lily made a mental check list of everything she knew about Valkyre.  He was strong, handsome, and possessed extraordinary stamina.  She knew first hand the extent of his capabilities because of how he had carried her from where the goblins were to where they were now, as well as how they had spent the night together having sex.  Most of that time he had supported her weight in both situations, but her attention was mainly focused on the later.  Her body had never known the touch of another man more willing to pleasure her than himself, and because of that simple fact she felt her sexual cravings stir, wishing she could experience it again.

And why couldn't she?  He was with her right now.  Unconscious though he was she could probably still stimulate a response from him, but what good would that ultimately do?  It wasn't just his stiff male parts that had brought her to such incredible levels of bliss, it was also the way he used his hands to touch and squeeze her all over that made her feel the way she had.  He acted as though he genuinely cared for her, but why?  Compared to him she was nobody.

Lily shifted the way her weight was being distributed by her elbow and tucked her head closer to his.  She bumped into something hard around his neck and was immediately reminded of the collar he wore.

He admitted to belonging to the Velvet Enchantress and a pang of jealousy stabbed at her heart.  Somehow that wicked woman had stolen some of his love, but Lily was able to quell that emotion before it dug into her heart.  It seemed more like a tragedy that he and that other woman had endured and the fact that he still managed to gather something worth cherishing made he him even more remarkable.  Valkyre was a huge enchanting mystery to her and she wondered if she dispelled the mystery would he still be as enchanting?

When she had looked into his eyes she had seen a lifetime of experience and could tell he had been to many places and seen many things.  Against all the wonders of the world what could she possibly offer him that he hadn't experienced yet? 

She entertained herself with thoughts of what he could possibly be.  He carried himself like he were a king and she briefly fantasied that once they had made it through the mountains he would whisk her away to his kingdom and make her his queen, but then she recalled how he had all but admitted to her he wasn't human.  He didn't openly say he wasn't, but he also didn't deny it either which meant he didn't want to tell her what he was.  Besides, his amazing ability to heal from the damage his body took was a sure sign he was anything but.

The reply he had given her echoed in her thoughts, "What if I'm not?  Does it even matter?" and she pondered the merit of the question.  Did it even matter?  So what if he wasn't.  The bottom line was that they were stuck together and he had shown her he was there for her.  He was even willing to make sacrifices of himself to protect her for no apparent reason other than chivalry.  Yes, they had sex, but that was more of her doing than his, although if he had wanted to take her in that fashion as his reward she wouldn't have stopped him.  The fact that he didn't earned him more respect and multiplied her desire for him.

She thought about what might happen if, or when they made it to more hospitable lands.  Would he still want to be with her or would he bid her a farewell and expect them both to go their separate ways.  She almost shuddered and a tear fell from one of her eyes.  Oh, what a terrible thought it was to think of losing him in such a manner and how it would undermine everything he had shared with her so far.

Who was she kidding?  A man like Valkyre surely had someone else waiting for him or had his eyes set on another woman more befitting of his station.  He certainly could have anyone he wanted so why settle for just her.  He was royalty while she was just a mere peon.

"I don't deserve you," she said in low whisper, dreading that the future would inevitably seperate her from him.

"I'm a firm believer that people often get what they deserve," came his husky voice from just over her head, "and you little one, are stuck with me."

#43 2011-02-08 16:35:43

hayden09

LOVING IT:) getting more intense cant wait to read more!
I just posted my 3rd chapter on my site you should check it out:)
http://writers-network.com/members/hayden09

#44 2011-02-12 22:05:02

Dispater

She didn't realize he had emerged from unconsciousness and hadn't meant for him to over hear her.  He squeezed her a little tighter, hugging her into him, and she gripped his arm with hers, encouraging him to hold onto her.  He also lifted his leg up higher and slid it over her as though his arm wasn't enough and he had to use his entire body.

She closed her eyes and reveled in the sensation of him touching her, for indeed even with her back up against him and his limbs wrapped around her it still didn't feel adequate.  Wanting more than just being held, she flexed her bottom experimentally to feel the condition of his genitals.  A sinful smile widened across her face upon finding her action was arousing him and she ground her ass more vigorously against him leaving no doubt as to what she wanted.

The arm resting under his head moved beneath her shoulders and bent around her going across the soft mounds of her breasts, while his other hand drifted down to her hip where he grabbed ahold of her shapely curve and pulled her firmly into his groin.  He lifted his head up higher, arching it over her and she twisted hers to the side to face him so their lips met in a fierce kiss driving the level of passion even higher.  She loved the way he reacted to her.  He didn't just respond to her playful goading, he also encouraged her with a compassionate touch enabling her to trust that he wanted to not just satisfy his own needs, but he also wanted to share the experience with her.

"Oh, Lily," he moaned, "I want you so badly, but I can't."

"I want you to take me as you did before." She was too caught up in the moment to fully comprehend what he was saying.

"Lily," he commanded her attention by squeezing her just enough to restrict her gyrating hips from continuing their tantalizing movements. "You're not listening to me.  I said I can't."

Her eyes came into focus as she registered what he was telling her, and she displayed an expression of confusion. "What do you mean?  What's wrong?"

"Remember what I told you about the collar?"

"Yes, but last night…,” her voice trailed off coming to terms with what he meant.  He could provide her with sexual release but not himself.  Actually from what he said he’d suffer great pain if he allowed himself to go too far with her.  She could only imagine the situation he was in and how her actions were more than just a tease.  She was like a poisonous apple, although she might taste deliciously sweet there would be consequences if he swallowed.

Lily rolled over to face him looking apologetic. "I'm so sorry.  I'm being unbelievably selfish," she told him while laying a hand gently on his cheek.

He accepted the words and gesture with a soft smile and closed his eyes savoring the bitter sweet caress she offered.  His great big chest heaved a heavy sigh of regret and she had no doubt he wished it were otherwise.

To help take the edge off of the heated passion that had built up between them she moved in closer and offered him a much more gentler kiss than the one they had dove into mere seconds before.  He accepted her offer and took her with him as he rolled over onto his back hugging her with both arms.  Lily didn't allow the kiss to linger for too long otherwise it would defeat the purpose of why she did it in the first place, and she pulled her lips away from his slowly.  She bent far enough away from him to where she could see the whole of his face and gazed at him dreamily.  A mirror wasn't necessary for her to be able to tell her desire for him was clearly written all over her face.

"It's too much of me to ask isn't it?"

He just sighed again wishing for what he could not have.

"But what about last night?" she pleaded, "You didn't seem to have a problem with me then."

This time his smile broadened and the memory of what he had done to her warmed his spirit. "Last night I was at first simply responding to you, but then I felt how much you enjoyed it and I found myself wishing to give you more."

He pondered the events and she gave him the time he needed to find what he wanted to say. "I think it was your appreciation that intrigued me and I dare say a part of me got off making you feel that way.  I guess I was also celebrating the fact that I was free and could choose who I was with and how I performed, but now I'm not in the right frame of mind.  I'm afraid if we start this I won't be able to stop myself no matter the consequences.  Don't ask me to explain it, but being with you for some reason makes me..."  He paused, struggling to say what was in his heart, but remaining at a loss for words.  When the absence of words felt too long he gave up, and tried to pull her head down to rest against his chest.

She resisted and kept herself where she could see him. “Don’t stop.  Finish what you were about to say.”

“If I told you you’d think me a fool for sure.”

“No.  I promise I won’t, just please tell me.”

“I don’t know what it is about you, but you somehow make me feel whole.  It’s as if in someway you’re familiar and I’ve finally found you even though I had no idea you were missing.” She watched him with eyes full of wonder, and he squinted as if he was concentrating to read the emotions displayed across her face. “You feel it too?”

“Maybe you know something about my past,” she looked at him hopefully.

“What do you...," he started to say, but then caught himself, "ahhh, yes.  You did mention earlier about having lost your memories."

“Someone had my memories magically erased and I was left in servitude to a brothel.  I know nothing of who I was, or even the faintest idea why anyone would do something like that to me.”

"Perhaps we may be able to find help for you to recover what you've lost, and while they're at it, get this damned thing off from around my neck." Valkyre tugged at his collar of slavery emphasizing his point.

"Let me look at it," she offered. "Maybe I can help."

"I wish it were so simple, but unless you have some kind of magical talent then I doubt you'll find a way to remove it."

"Let me see it anyway," and she reached for iron band disregarding his beliefs.

Since there didn't seem to be any harm in her looking he allowed her to explore the surface of the metal.  She propped herself on top of him using her elbows and took her time spinning it around his neck, going over every inch.  While she did that he ran his hands through the thick full body of her brown hair letting his fingers work through some of the knots.

"Tell me more about yourself, Lily."

She laughed softly at his silly request knowing he hadn't really thought it through, and it was more wishful thinking that made him do so.

"There's not much about me I can tell you.  I simply don't know it."

"Fine then.  What about me?  Aren't there questions you wish me to answer?"

"Oh, I can think of a few," she said keeping her humor about herself. "Would you honestly want to answer the questions I'd ask, or would you prefer to avoid them like you have been?"

"I can tell you anything you want to know." He was gazing at her fondly and seemed to be enjoying this intimate moment of peace they were sharing.

"Really," she said, pausing in her search and looking straight at him with a mischievous smile, willing to test his conviction.  Her hands resumed exploring the collar for a hint of how it opened, and she bent her legs at the knees, raising her feet above her while  rubbing them against one another in a playful manner.  The little bit of fabric still covering them slid off, but with the air finally having reached a comfortable temperature it didn’t matter.

“Let’s start with either what manner of creature you are, or the reason you don’t want to tell me.”

“I’m a were-creature," he responded without hesitation.

“What kind?”

“The kind meant to fight in wars.”

“Huh? I meant what animal type?”

“I pass for a werewolf.”

The answer explained his resilience to injuries and the cold, but the way he told it hinted there was more than what he was saying.

“But, that’s not what you actually are?” she prompted him, hoping he'd add more to his explanation.

“I don’t know exactly." Valkyre's face took on edge of seriousness and she rather regretted having disturbed his moment of peace. "Maybe that’s what I was supposed to be originally but I was bred for war and killing.  I was never meant to have lived as long as I have.”

“Are you dangerous?" she asked with only a slight tone of concern in her voice. "Is that why you didn’t want to tell me at first?”

“Quite dangerous.  I may be the only one left alive of my particular breed.  The rest, if there were any, have long since killed each other or have been hunted down and destroyed.”

“Why?”

“Because, as I said, we were bred for war, and fine tuned for one purpose only; to live as long as possible so we could kill all of our enemies.  When there was no one left to fight we turned on each other.  It only took five of us to wipe out an entire army, and that was considered overkill.  We were highly effective as mass murderers in the field, preemptive assaults, and a few of us who exerted more discipline were used for critical assassinations.  Living a normal life was something nature never intended for me, because every where I go I bring violence."

"You haven't been violent with me."

"No?  What of those goblins we encountered?"

"That's different," she argued. "You were protecting me, and I can tolerate that kind of violence."

He laughed once and stole back a portion of the contentedness he had before. "I don't think the goblins would share that opinion, but I wouldn't have it any other way."

"So do I have to worry about you hurting me?"

"Not unless you do something to make me think of you as a threat, even a potential one, but as long as I have this bit of enchanted iron you seem to be so fascinated with," he indicated with his eyes, "I don't have to worry about transforming.  The core of it is made of silver and not only does it rob me of my will to change, but if I somehow still managed it I would… Well, in short it would kill me."

"This thing is absolutely terrible."

Valkyre softly chuckled. "There are many who'd disagree with you."

"Including you?  Do you not like you other form?"

"Actually, I do.  It's been over three years since I've been cutoff from it, and I admit, I'd rather permanently give up a limb than to be without that part of myself."

"How old are you?"

"Old enough to have fought in the Continental War."

"That was over two centuries ago, wasn't it?  You're old for a human."

"It was a hundred and seventy-three years ago to be exact and I'm not human."

"Werewolves aren't a race unto themselves," she objected, "even if you're born as one.  You're still human."

"What if werewolves and humans alike reject me?  Would you not think I wasn't one of them?  I've always been treated as something unnatural by both breeds and made to feel I didn't belong."

"Well, I don't get that sense from you."

"Give it time.  You will." Although he continued to imitate the same expression, the warmth had fled from him, and he looked as though he maintained it more for her benefit.

"I'm not going to argue the point, I'm just going to ask you my next question which is why did the cold affect you so badly tonight and not yesterday when you were out in it longer?"

"The snow is much deeper in many places so I'm more exposed to it, plus the air is also thinner at this altitude and I haven't adjusted to it yet."

His ear twitched and Lily saw it.  She knew it was quite possibly because there was something more to what he was telling her and for whatever reason he was choosing to omit that bit.  Lily decided to follow her hunch and call him on his bluff.

"And... What are some of the other reasons you're not telling me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your ear twitched at the end of your sentence, which is a nervous reaction and also a strong indication you're not telling me everything." Lily paused again in her meticulous inspection of the collar and fixed him with a no nonsense stare. "I don't like that.  Please don't lie to me.  I may look innocent and weak to you, but I'm a lot more capable than people give me credit for, and the one thing I can't stand is being lied to or having people withhold information because they think I can't handle it."

"But that's not it."

"Then tell me."

"The main reason is because of my own foolishness," He admitted. "Not everyone is able to withstand injuries and harsh environments as I can so it's difficult for me to gauge what others can tolerate.  I was trying to be considerate to you and carry you differently so you wouldn't hurt."

"What does this have to do with your frostbite?"

"The way I carried you before on my back and with the cloak over us made a big enough difference.  Between your body and mine the cloak was able to retain enough heat to keep me at a comfortable level so I didn't freeze."

"Don't treat me like I'm so fragile." Lily felt momentarily irritated and her voice reflected it. "Yes I was still sore, but I could've put up with it.  My pains were nothing compared to what you put yourself through, and you're right, that was foolish."

"Honestly I thought I'd be able to handle it, but by the time I realized my body wasn't able to keep up against the cold there was nothing to be done other than to press on."

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Her response seemed to catch him off guard and his face contorted in confusion.

"What kind of question is that?  Of course I do!"

"Then I need you to be completely honest with me, and to not let your male ego get in the way.  We don't have a lot of room for mistakes and if something happens to you then that puts me in a very bad situation and I don't think I'll fair too well without you."

"Hmph," he snorted, but more out of amusement than irritation. "I certainly think you're tougher than you look."

"I think I found where the collar was sealed closed," she told him, excited he might be one step closer to being rid of the damned thing and that she had an opportunity to prove her worth. "Give me you hand.  Can you feel it?"

With her guiding him, Valkyre glided his fingertips back and forth across the surface of the metal, but the intense look of concentration showed Lily he could not find the thin hair line marker she had felt.  She let him continue trying until he confessed he couldn't sense it and then she assured him it was there and not to worry.  Lily told him if she had something thin and sharp then maybe she'd be able to work on seperating the band and making his freedom complete.

"That would be a dream come true for me," he said wistfully while letting his eyes close so he could recall what it was like.

Lily watched him as he remembered what it was like to be in his other form and long space of silence filled the air.  She knew he had to still be exhausted from everything they had been through already, and sleep was something he needed badly.  Despite that she still had so many more questions for him she did her best to shut her mouth.  A couple of times she opened it and was ready to ask him something, but she caught herself before a sound came out.  By the third time his voice caught her by surprise.

"Go ahead, Lily, ask me one more question then you need to watch the fire and let me get some rest."

"I'm sorry.  I should just let you be."

"Nonsense.  We're going to be traveling for quite some time and we'll need to get along so let's not leave each other be.  Ask me what you want, but make this question one that'll last you through most of the night."

Lily thought about what she had yet to learn of Valkyre and tried to decide on the one thing she focused on the most regarding him.  She found her mind dwelling on her potential future with him and if there'd be any chance of them sharing a common path well after they made it past the freezing mountains.  She wanted to believe in the happy endings of fairytales and that she could possibly be living one right now, but then she wondered how'd she feel if he told her something that would shatter her fantasy.  There was no shaking loose the single thought in her mind of the worst answer he could give her to the one question she wanted to know above all the others.

"I don't think I want to know the answer," she eventually confided in him.

Still keeping his eyes closed a great big smile stretched across his face and he hugged her into him.

"Yes you do," he told her as if he had read her mind, "and the answer is there is no one else.  Only you little one, and I pray at our journey's end you aren't the one wanting to leave."

"I would never want to leave you."

"I hope what you see in me now will be enough to help you not hate me later after I confess to you my dark past.  I haven't always been a kind man, and in fact, the decency I'm demonstrating to you now is still a relatively new chapter in my life.  I've done a lot of bad things in my time, things I'm ashamed of, and if you're truly sincere in your desire to claim me as yours then you're going to have to know my inner demons and accept me for what I am.  If you want my honesty then I shall not hide from you the monster I have been, but if you're able to brave the truth and by some miracle are able to forgive my soul then you'll have given the beginnings of the greatest treasure I seek.  For that I will gladly be in your debt."

"Pray tell what is this treasure you seek?"

"Redemption."

"What were some of the bad things you've done, and how could I justly offer you forgiveness when I've never heard of you before?"

With his eyes still remaining closed he gave her a tired laugh. "There will be plenty of time for me to share my past with you later, but now I need to rest before we run out of fuel.  Wake me after the second to last log is put on the fire so I can run out and get us more."

"But you said you weren't a good man."

"Fear not little one.  You're safe with me.  If I didn't protect you then I'd be a man without honor, and I've learned the hard way that is not how I want to live my life."

There were still so many more questions she wanted to know about him and all of his answers only added to the pile.  She had to concentrate hard on not opening her mouth for sure he'd sense it.  He had been so kind to her the least she could do would be not to annoy him with her constant prattle.  He wanted rest and allowing him that was simple, yet frustrating because she had to respectfully remain silent.

It was her turn to sigh and she turned her head to rest upon the surface of his chest.  He draped one of his arms across her waist gently holding her in place and then he wasted no time in drifting off to sleep.  She appreciated watching the soft glow of the fire and feeling the rhythmic expansion and compression of his body as he breathed.  Lily felt happy there wasn't any significant other in his life she had to worry competing against, but at the same time Valkyre's confession to having an unkind past disturbed her.  Suddenly the princely knight of her fairytale wasn't looking so pure and she almost wished she hadn't said anything to wanting to know the truth.

Alas, she knew better and in their survival situation she really had no right to allow her head to be in the clouds.  She kept a careful eye on the fire like he had asked of her, and the truth he had eluded to himself was more than what she needed to keep her mind occupied with all the possibilities of what kind of man Valkyre truly was.  Even if he was an evil man his actions definitely proved otherwise and he had done everything possible to care for her.  She had an extremely difficult time picturing him as anything but the man he had shown himself to be so far, and eventually for the sake of her own amusement, and to keep her spirits up she returned to her modified  fantasies of him being some kind of tragic hero who had fallen prey to the evil plans of an arch rival and in his moment of weakness was tricked into committing terrible crimes against his will.

In that way Lily endured the night shielding herself from the potential truth of what her companion might be.

Last edited by Dispater (2011-02-12 22:10:10)

Board footer