The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-07 12:51:13

walkingintheshadows
Website

Walk with the wolves?

um  wolf therians do you reckon this is worth it-
£75 for a membership, and a 2 hour "walk" with a pack of tame wolves at the UKWCT
or do you reckon they'd be so tame they'd basically be the same as dogs? http://ukwct.org.uk/index.php?page=walk
it would be interesting i think.

#2 2011-03-07 14:30:20

WolfMontana

Re: Walk with the wolves?

Wow. That sounds interesting. They show a chained wolf on the picture (grr), but it sounds like they let them just run free for most of the time when you're in there. The organization seems to generate alot of wolf awareness which is good, with lots of good people programs, and do alot of overseas work to defuse wolf-livestock conflicts, which is awesome. So the money you give them looks like it would be well used.

Wolves are also not dogs, no matter what.

I'm not a therian, but I'd say go for it smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#3 2011-03-08 06:10:05

dragon wolf paw!
black wolf

do you mean the wolf conservation trust!       ive met a pair of american timber wolves at a wildlife reserve in the midlands from this organisation,,,,,,

awesome!
yeah id say its worth it! there is a reserve housing wolves some where nr me ...well in shropshire!
if ya do go have a  were-tastic time!

Touch that food and ill tear you apart!  THIS WOLF EATS ALONE.
they may try but they will never silence THIS wolf!
im a wolf ! im  a furry ! and im mighty proud of that!

#4 2011-03-08 11:10:22

walkingintheshadows
Website

okay yeah i think i will go. Need to get some more money first though smile didnt see the pic of the chained u wolf sad. hmmmm. Never seen a real live wolf before.

#5 2011-03-09 02:05:59

Moonlit Hunter

walkingintheshadows wrote:

£75 for a membership, and a 2 hour "walk" with a pack of tame wolves at the UKWCT
or do you reckon they'd be so tame they'd basically be the same as dogs? http://ukwct.org.uk/index.php?page=walk

Those animals are not "tame." They are socialized, but they are still wild animals. Tame suggests domestication, which is a process that takes generations of selective breeding. Thinking of an animal that is not the product of such efforts as "tame" can be dangerous.

#6 2011-03-10 11:00:00

walkingintheshadows
Website

Moonlit Hunter wrote:

walkingintheshadows wrote:

Those animals are not "tame." They are socialized, but they are still wild animals. Tame suggests domestication, which is a process that takes generations of selective breeding. Thinking of an animal that is not the product of such efforts as "tame" can be dangerous.

ok yeah, i mean i meant like sociallized i just couldnt think of the word for it. They'd prrobably still eat you if they felt like it LOL smile

#7 2011-03-14 07:30:13

dragon wolf paw!
black wolf

most of them can only be approached from the frount and you hold ya paw out. if you are lucky the wolf will put his muzzle over ya paw! all i had was the wolf  just sniff me!

but how would the wolf react to one that is wolf  ! ie a fellow were wolf? he he should be intresting!
anyway enjoy ya day ,

Touch that food and ill tear you apart!  THIS WOLF EATS ALONE.
they may try but they will never silence THIS wolf!
im a wolf ! im  a furry ! and im mighty proud of that!

Board footer