The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-07 17:02:59

CassieRose
Website

Newbie needs some tips ?

Hello smile My name is Cassie, I am a therian and I'm new to this site.
My "story" :
                 When I was younger I would always be acting like a wolf, and maybe last year (when my parents divorced) I realized that there has to be a reason why I act like I do. So I started reading all of these things about werewolves and was hoping there would be an explanation. I recall watching an episode of Weird, True and Freaky and they talked about furries/therians. So I explored the furry fandom, it wasn't for me. Recently I have been reading about therians, and I think I have found an explanation for why I act like I do (having short periods where I would "m-shift" into a wolf, acting wolf-like, the usual) ! After seeing Goldenwolf (from DA) on 10 Ways to Meet a Monster, and finding her story strikingly similar to mine, I realized that I was a therian smile

I'm really self-conscious and I don't want to make a fool of myself >.< I hope I'm not the only one.

But I really just wanted some tips on being a therian, you know, like shifts and controlling myself (which has been harder lately). I'm also completely alone, being a teenager and having no one who is going through what I am is not helping much. I have one friend who I've told, and she understands me and wants to look into the subject a little more smile

Thanks guys <3

#2 2011-03-07 17:13:49

CassieRose
Website

Re: Newbie needs some tips ?

How do I shift when the woods I live by seem to be occupied constantly by people?

#3 2011-03-07 17:43:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

Y'know. Everybody's situation is going to be a little bit different. I didn't have any problems growing up with therianthropy. The area I lived in was tolerant in ways that made it acceptable for me to change occasionally in unaccountable ways. Everyone around me was a little weird in their own ways, anyway.

Your area might not be so tolerant. By the way, my ancestors spent a while in the Adirondacks. You might be surprised  how many Therians there are in your area. Of course, knowing they're there and finding  them are two very different propositions.

#4 2011-03-07 17:55:43

CassieRose
Website

Haha, my area (right next to the Hudson river) doesn't seem very tolerant. Especially in my school, if you do ANYTHING that isn't "normal", you're a freak. It sucks >.<

#5 2011-03-07 18:24:45

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Welcome to the site Cassie.

I don't really know why you feel you need help 'coping' with therianthropy and that it's something you're 'going through'... it's not like depression or bipolar disorder, it really shouldn't negatively impact your life that much. At worst it can feel like you're in the 'wrong' body. Most therians actually feel quite pleased coming to terms with their animal side, I for one found discovering therianthropy extremely liberating in that it explained a lot of my behaviour and inner feelings and I realised I, infact, wasn't THAT different.

What exactly do you need help with or tips for? I mean, I can give you tips:

1. Shower regularly
2. Eat a balanced diet
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week.

As for controlling yourself, again I don't see why that's hard. If you're getting the urge to bite, maim or injure people, I urge you to seek psychological counselling. If you're talking about controlling wolf behaviours such as howling, growling or whatever, you'll just have to practice a little self-restraint if the people you are around would be freaked out by it.

That's about all I got for now.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#6 2011-03-07 18:26:49

CassieRose
Website

I didn't really mean that it was impacting my life in a negative way >.< I feel like I've made a fool of myself already.

#7 2011-03-07 18:58:01

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Nah don't. You made a much more sensible and respectable introduction than a lot of the alleged teen therians we get around here.

#8 2011-03-07 19:00:03

lupinealchemist

I found that if I keep myself or my mind busy, I'm less likely to shift in areas which would seem inappropriate.

#9 2011-03-07 19:02:13

lupinealchemist

ShadyHowl wrote:

Nah don't. You made a much more sensible and respectable introduction than a lot of the alleged teen therians we get around here.

It's often that I can't take them seriously.

#10 2011-03-07 19:14:44

CassieRose
Website

I haven't seen any of those kind of people around here, yet ...

#11 2011-03-08 11:49:52

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

CassieRose wrote:

I haven't seen any of those kind of people around here, yet ...

You will, young grasshopper; you will.

#12 2011-03-08 16:54:34

CassieRose
Website

smile

#13 2011-03-09 08:40:59

FreeAsMe

I use dancing as a way of burning off extra energy that i get before a shift comes.

By the way I'm a wolf therian.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#14 2011-03-10 16:31:53

CassieRose
Website

Thanks for the help, dancing actually seems like a good way to do it smile

Board footer