The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-14 22:09:09

LupinAtHeart

I just need some answers, Am I a Therian?

I may sound stupid and you may think I am weird, but this is a honest question.
Do you think I may be a Therian? I am not asking for a yes or no answer, just your opinion. smile

Here are reasons I think why I am a Wolf Therian.
1. Whenever I think, watch, talk about, or do anything related to Wolves/Werewolves I get light headed, my heart starts pounding, I get the chills, and I can get Ill on some occasions.
2. One day, I had been felling very sick. It was not just a normal cold or anything I was lightheaded, my body ached and felt weak and odd, my vision was weird, I had the oddest urges like growling, and I felt like I wasnt really in my body sometimes. Well, when I was in the car, I look up and notice its a full moon. That really freaked me out. It has happened ever since.
3. When me and my sister do what we call "Extreme Wrestling", we may bite and scratch. Whenever I bite I have a hard time letting go and I have to fight the urge to bite down terribly hard. I can just get completley absorbed in the fighting, I feel like I have claws, fangs or long teeth, a tail, etc.
4. I growl and bare my teeth ALOT without thinking about it. I also curl my fingers like claws when I get lost in thought. I can almost FEEL like I have a tail or claws, long/sharp teeth.
5. When I daydream and let myself, thats when I feel like I have the body of a wolf. But when I do have that feeling, I feel content and happy, like that is the real me.
Ther are a few more reasons, but I think I posted enough.
Call me crazy, or anything that you like, but I am being honest.

Last edited by LupinAtHeart (2011-03-14 22:10:21)

I am shy, and weird. Go easy on me. :p

#2 2011-03-15 00:13:03

lupinealchemist

Re: I just need some answers, Am I a Therian?

Could be possible you might be, some of the stuff you mentioned like the full moon is not necessarily Therian though.

#3 2011-03-15 06:31:43

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

First off, CassieRose, if you're still around, I'd like to take this moment to say, "I told you so." tongue

Now, let's get cracking.

1. It's slightly worrying that thinking about wolves or werewolves makes you feel ill. It is certainly not a sign of therianthropy.
2. You'd be surprised the effect the full moon has on absolutely normal people. More people are admitted to hospital around the time of the full moon and more people seem to get into fights. Nobody is sure why. It is possible this happened to you but more than likely it was just a coincidence. If anything you could chalk it up to an out-of-body experience, which must have been amazing, but it doesn't mean you're a therian.
3. No. This is all you. YOU like fighting, not because you're a therian, but because YOU like fighting.
4. Growling and baring your teeth mean nothing. As for the feeling that you have a tail or claws, this is probably the closest to an actual sign of therianthropy that you come. Phantom limbs do happen to some therians. It is distinct from simply 'imagining' the extra limb there, however, so be sure of what exactly you are experiencing.
6. No. Anybody can daydream about anything. If you dream at night that you inhabit the body of a wolf, that might be considered a 'sign', however the control that people can exercise over their daydreams kind of means that its more of a fantasy.

I get the idea. You really, really like the IDEA of wolves. Maybe you are a therian, and are just confused over what counts as a sign. But I will tell you this. When I first learned about the existence of therianthropy, I went "Wow! That totally explains me, and how I feel!" I really didn't have to question it. I didn't have to post on a forum asking people for confirmation because it explained EVERYTHING. So my general feeling is that anyone who HAS to ask, if you see what I mean, probably isn't.

I don't want to pooh-pooh your fantasy, or whatever, maybe if you thought about some of the less physical elements e.g. how you feel inside, how you think of yourself, whether you FEEL you actually are an animal on the inside, the answer might become clearer to you. Being a normal person who just really likes wolves is ok too - there are plenty of them.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#4 2011-03-15 09:06:51

LupinAtHeart

Thank you ShadyHowl. Of course, these are all just thoughts or coincidences, and I understand you completley. Now I feel like a fool. XD

I am shy, and weird. Go easy on me. :p

#5 2011-03-15 19:43:38

CassieRose
Website

We can't decide if you're a therian. You decide.
I agree with you Shady, once I heard about therianthropy I too went : Wow! This explains so much ! And I really didn't have to think about it. I just knew thats what I am.
Posting information on a forum won't help you decide, its just something you know wink

#6 2011-03-17 03:56:45

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Hmm... I can relate to some of the things you describe there as a therian, but I think you've missed the point: it's not about "symptoms", it's about an underlying feeling. (though that's been said)

ShadyHowl wrote:

When I first learned about the existence of therianthropy, I went "Wow! That totally explains me, and how I feel!" I really didn't have to question it. I didn't have to post on a forum asking people for confirmation because it explained EVERYTHING. So my general feeling is that anyone who HAS to ask, if you see what I mean, probably isn't.

Yeah, this right here.  When I first heard about Therianthropy, I immediately said "So THAT'S what this is called?   I knew there had to be others!".  There were very few questions asked regarding whether I was one or not, it just fit perfectly as a concept.  Realize that, at the same time, no two therians are therianthropically alike, making it even harder to try and go off of symptoms or for others to "diagnose" you.

In any case, keep looking and learning.  Hope you find some anwers....

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#7 2011-03-17 07:32:07

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Yep, if there's one thing I've learned from being on this forum, it's that finding anwers is essential.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

Board footer