The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-21 21:03:27

WereWolfH

Scariest/eeriest werewolf encounter in the movies?

Okay we haven't had fun topics in a WHILE. So here goes.

Name a scary/eerie/creepy scene where the werewolf creeped you out, where you said in your head, Wow, I don't wanna be near this mutha' if  was a character in that movie.  Only pick 2 SCENES MAX, THEN LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE A GO... smile

1) I must say my recent one was Red Riding Hood. There wasn't one scene, all of his scenes (well except the ending) was eerie.

2) American Werewolf in London- The subway scene where you saw the wolf at the bottom of the escalator for that split second. Man, it would suck to be alone like that and there were NO SECURITY GUARDS OR people in the booth WTF. Creepy scene.

next

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2011-03-22 09:51:46

BrayRoadBeast

Re: Scariest/eeriest werewolf encounter in the movies?

1)  I'd have to agree with you on the subway scene from American Werewolf in London.  I'll even take the staircase down four floors at work instead of using the elevator and sometimes find myself quickening the pace if it's after work and very few people in the building..........

2)  The Howling - transformation scene in the deserted sherriff's office (or maybe the morgue).  I mean, the transformation itself took about 5 minutes, so that probably would have given someone a pretty good head start, but not if they are paralyzed in fear........

#3 2011-03-22 23:10:19

WolfMontana

Hmm.

Have to agree again with the subway scene from AWIL. Creeeepy.

The scene in Wolfen, where the dude is checking out old buildings looking for this predator, and he leaves one, and you see just a pair of red eyes staring back from the darkness. big_smile The sound effect/music used at this moment is really what makes it creepy.

Both of these scenes I watched when I was little. They both scared the crap out of me. Most of the werewolf movies I watched from my teens on, I could guess what was about to happen, and was looking forward to the monster showing up. So, doesn't have the same feel now wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#4 2011-03-23 00:16:31

Viergacht

BrayRoadBeast wrote:

1)
2)  The Howling - transformation scene in the deserted sherriff's office (or maybe the morgue).  I mean, the transformation itself took about 5 minutes, so that probably would have given someone a pretty good head start, but not if they are paralyzed in fear........

I'm pretty sure he was standing between her and the only door in or out. She didn't have anywhere to go.

#5 2011-03-23 14:52:14

BrayRoadBeast

Very good point, Viergacht.  Makes it an even scarier encounter!

#6 2011-03-28 18:26:48

WereWolfH

Viergacht wrote:

BrayRoadBeast wrote:

1)

I'm pretty sure he was standing between her and the only door in or out. She didn't have anywhere to go.

She just stood there. I'm still mad at her for not jetting. Okay something attacks you and you just go back to trying to be a reporter? yikes

Okay how about American Werewolf in Paris. The tunnel scene where Andy's friend gets killed or even Andy in the tunnel at the beginning.  Sorry, I just like this movie.

#7 2011-04-14 02:13:06

LoneWolf07

I remember as a kid that one scene from the Neverending Story when Atrayu met that talking wolf. While Atrayu was talking to it, it slowly crept out from the shadows but all you could see were the green eyes. Then there was an awkward silence and it lunged at Atrayu...I don't know why that creeped me out as a kid but it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...lol

#8 2011-09-05 16:32:31

WereWolfH

LoneWolf07 wrote:

I remember as a kid that one scene from the Neverending Story when Atrayu met that talking wolf. While Atrayu was talking to it, it slowly crept out from the shadows but all you could see were the green eyes. Then there was an awkward silence and it lunged at Atrayu...I don't know why that creeped me out as a kid but it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it...lol

yeah that was a scary moment for EVERYONE. When I lived in San Francisco I remember as a kid going to some museum that reminded me of that scene. Freaked me out b/c it was really really empty like in the movie. Well it looked like the entrance with the paintings and part Sebastion's setting in the attic.

Board footer