The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-27 10:43:52

WereWolfH

Dylan Dog Dead of Night (Features werewolf/lves)

http://www.youtube.com/user/dylandogdea … ad%20video

Taye Diggs is in it. Brandon Routh? (Superman from Superman Returns) is the main guy. And the werewolf in the new Being Human is a zombie in it.

check it out, it comes out April 29th.

Looks rad

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2011-03-27 10:57:53

wolflove

Re: Dylan Dog Dead of Night (Features werewolf/lves)

I'd definitely see this movie!

My heart sings to the moon and with the wind, sending tribute to it whenever I can.

#3 2011-03-28 18:21:25

WereWolfH

Yeah I can't wait, I definitely need som R and R. I'm glad we're bringing back monster movies.

#4 2011-04-09 07:20:20

Daninsky
Website

So, not _really_ a werewolf in that one?

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#5 2011-04-09 14:22:07

RedMoonstruck

lol That looks ridiculous.

#6 2011-04-29 21:07:58

KidWerewolf36

I wanna see this!!!!

#7 2011-05-01 15:49:24

Viergacht

Apparently Peter Stormare plays a boss werewolf . . . I kind of want to see this now.

#8 2011-05-01 18:52:28

wolflove

I can't wait to see this movie!

My heart sings to the moon and with the wind, sending tribute to it whenever I can.

#9 2011-05-07 11:17:35

WereWolfH

It was good for what it was

#10 2011-08-18 22:57:16

Viergacht

I caught this last night on pay per view and enjoyed it. It's not a timeless classic or anything, but it was a very enjoyable way to waste two hours.

If you're a fan of the comic you probably won't enjoy it much. I liked the comic, but I've only read a few issues. Still, I could tell pretty much nothing but the name and the basic premise are the same. The idea is there are werewolves and vampires who live undercover as humans (just like in every urban fantasy) - there are zombies, too, but they're pretty much wimpy, useless losers - and they have a human as an impartial judge when they come into dispute. That used to be Dylan Dog, paranormal investigator, but he quit after his wife was killed by vamps and he flipped out and slaughtered all the elder vampires. He's been investigating boring, ordinary crimes, but gets dragged back into the supernatural underworld when a werewolf murders an antiques importer and swipes an item which turns out to be instrumental in summoning the demon Belial, something the vampires would dearly like to get their hands on. Vampires are assholes like that. Taye Diggs is awesome as the vamp who's stepped into the power vaccuum Dylan created - he's smooth, sexy, and a complete and utter bastard. There were parts I didn't like, mostly the B-story about Dylan's partner getting offed by a werewolf and coming back as a zombie. Apparently his mugging, whining, and screaming was supposed to be entertaining, but it was excruciatingly unfunny and I really wish someone would have shot him in the head to shut him the gently caress up already.

The effects were minimal but nicely done, almost entirely practical until the demon sprouts wings. You only get to see one werewolf fully transformed in one scene, as you can see it's your basic wolf man style lycanthrope.

http://ilovewerewolves.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Dylan-Dog-werewolf.png

#11 2011-08-19 08:51:10

WolfMontana

Viergacht wrote:

There were parts I didn't like, mostly the B-story about Dylan's partner getting offed by a werewolf and coming back as a zombie. Apparently his mugging, whining, and screaming was supposed to be entertaining, but it was excruciatingly unfunny and I really wish someone would have shot him in the head to shut him the gently caress up already.

Heh, you know that's the guy who plays the werewolf in the US version of Being Human right? Yeah, I saw the trailer and didn't particularly find him all that funny. I don't particularly like him in Being Human either.

But, might get better! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#12 2011-08-19 14:34:09

Viergacht

Yeah, he was equally obnoxious in Being Human, which is part of the reason I barely watched it at all.

#13 2011-09-09 07:59:02

WolfMontana

The above is a spammer I think, trying to get folks to click on his pictures link.

If not - stop copying other peoples posts. If you're trying to react to someone else's post, use the quote link.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer