The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-31 00:37:23

RedMoonstruck

Arts!

Hi all. New to the forums and someone said I should post some artwork. I don't really have much in the way of werewolves....at least not yet. In working on my story I've accumulated a lot of sketches that I haven't scanned in yet. >.> Hopefully after uni lets out, I'll have more time to focus on it. Anyway, here's a few sketches/speed paintings. Nothing spectacular, but hope you like. smile

These are all in my Deviant Art gallery. Hope that's okay.

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Pos … 3&qo=9

Two main characters from my novel. I've since redone the look of the werewolves, however.

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/One … &qo=14

Quickie werewolf. The full picture of my avatar. smile

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Wer … &qo=20

A mediocre sketch of a female werewolf looking up at something out of view.

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Wer … &qo=19

Weretanuki transforming! D: (sketch)

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Wer … &qo=18

Werekitsune transforming! (sketch)

Last edited by RedMoonstruck (2011-03-31 11:45:46)

#2 2011-03-31 02:43:28

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Re: Arts!

Hey, all those pictures are great! smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#3 2011-03-31 08:11:30

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Wow, those are really impressive! I didn't even realize that you had made your own avatar! That's cool! How often do you draw? You should join in on our monthly art challenge that gets underway tomorrow!

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#4 2011-03-31 08:56:35

The Busboy
Administrator

Very cool artwork!

#5 2011-03-31 11:48:07

RedMoonstruck

Thank you! And, White Wolf, I draw constantly, but I don't upload that much. I saw that you had a monthly art contest but didn't really read all the rules or anything.

#6 2011-04-27 23:58:47

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Beautiful....yeah I draw, paint, sculpt...and other things... A LOT...even have a Deviant account...but I don't upload much

But very nice

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#7 2011-05-02 13:45:40

RedMoonstruck

Thank you. smile Who are you on DA?

#8 2011-05-02 16:09:54

Viergacht

Great stuff!

#9 2011-05-02 19:04:57

RedMoonstruck

Viergacht wrote:

Great stuff!

Thank ye kindly! ^-^ Your stuff's pretty awesome, too!

#10 2011-05-02 19:07:13

RedMoonstruck

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Hay … m&qo=0

Forgot to post this here the other day. Kinda my submission to April's monthly art challenge here on da forums. tongue All three characters in the image are in fact werewolves.

#11 2011-05-06 03:44:00

RedMoonstruck

#12 2011-05-18 05:33:35

RedMoonstruck

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/#/d3gm8wd

Autumn kinda had an accident. :<

#13 2011-05-18 21:24:26

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Fenris Lupa wrote:

Beautiful....yeah I draw, paint, sculpt...and other things... A LOT...even have a Deviant account...but I don't upload much

But very nice

FenrisVarg

But like I said...I don't have anything up....yet anyway

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#14 2011-05-18 21:25:16

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

RedMoonstruck wrote:

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/#/d3fotge

Introducing mah warwoofs!

Wow....very nice

#15 2011-05-22 01:49:58

RedMoonstruck

http://rare-form.deviantart.com/art/Moo … -209804561

I adapted a character from my novel for an rp/art challenge group on DeviantArt called Moontouched. If you love werewolves (and you probably do seeing as you're here) and love to draw, then I highly recommend making a character for it. It's pretty cool!

So this is Vance Hayden and he's pretty much the same in the rp as he is in my novel, except a bit younger.

#16 2011-05-22 06:41:33

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

If you'd like a little tip for actually displaying images here, RedMoonStruck, if you right click the image in your DeviantART gallery and select 'View Image' it will open the picture by itself. Then if you copy the link and type this into a forum post: [img](your link)[/img] The picture will show here in the werewolfcafe and we won't have to leave to see your pictures big_smile

Hope that helps, and great arts!

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#17 2011-05-22 14:11:10

RedMoonstruck

ShadyHowl wrote:

If you'd like a little tip for actually displaying images here, RedMoonStruck, if you right click the image in your DeviantART gallery and select 'View Image' it will open the picture by itself. Then if you copy the link and type this into a forum post: (your link) The picture will show here in the werewolfcafe and we won't have to leave to see your pictures big_smile

Hope that helps, and great arts!

I was afraid of that. lol I stopped linking images like that from DA because it never seemed to work in other forums. It would just show the tags and then the address to the image. I'll give it a shot now and see what happens. Thanks. smile

#18 2011-05-22 14:13:13

RedMoonstruck

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/141/7/2/moontouched___vance_hayden_by_rare_form-d3gwu8h.jpg

Testing.

Woohoo! It worked this time! I wonder what I was doing wrong before...? o_o;

ANYWAY, Vance Hayden adapted for an rp/art challenge group on DeviantArt, although he's originally from my novel.

Last edited by RedMoonstruck (2011-05-22 14:14:17)

#19 2011-05-22 14:16:03

RedMoonstruck

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/138/8/d/uninvincible_by_rare_form-d3gm8wd.jpg

Autumn kind of lost her nerve on a full moon and attacked a dog that was barking at her. :< Now she's totally freaking out and doesn't know what to do with it while the owners search for her.

Autumn is the main character in my novel, 'The Monster of Amber Peace'.

#20 2011-05-22 14:18:46

RedMoonstruck

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/127/d/2/the_amber_peace_pack_by_rare_form-d3fotge.jpg

How I really draw my werewolves (Hayden was adapted for Moonstruck meaning I altered the way I drew my werewolves to better fit in with the group). I prefer the trace-human appearance in the face and body but I'll probably make them a bit more lupine next time. From right to left; Asher (Eisher) Perlitov, Autumn Isen, and Vance Hayden. All characters from my novel, 'The Monster of Amber Peace'.

#21 2011-05-23 23:02:00

Viergacht

I'm looking forward to reading your book, because your art certain kicks ass!

#22 2011-05-24 00:37:20

RedMoonstruck

Viergacht wrote:

I'm looking forward to reading your book, because your art certain kicks ass!

Thank you so much! I might post a bit more of it when I start to rewrite the first section. I posted a bit of it already in the story forum, but it's not very good, I'm afraid. I feel I've improved a lot since writing them, which is why I've decided to start over. ^^:

#23 2011-05-24 00:39:13

RedMoonstruck

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/144/3/f/b_hayden_omega_1_by_rare_form-d3h2q76.jpg

This is for one of the challenges on Moontouched, the rp/art challenge group over on DeviantArt. I wrote a bit of prose from Hayden's POV for this, too. ^^

The Challenge Description:

You have gone through your first change. Frightening as it may be, you have embraced your beast. Prowl around, test out your strength. Find something to break. Find something to kill. Find something to fight. Your character's beast makes them wild and bold. What do they do? Where do they go?

------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine this; it's a beautiful night out. A bit of a damp chill in the air, but you pay it no mind, because the moon is round and fat, though not quite full, hanging there in the sky like a gigantic silver dollar on a bed of black velvet. You're walking along, minding your own business after a cracking good time with the lads, trying to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other although there's no use in feigning sobriety when the old man could probably smell the lager on you from a mile off.

When suddenly, it hits you.

Like a gently caressing horse just kicked you square in the gut, you fall over, panicking, screaming like a newborn, in some ditch by the side of the road, when it comes for you again, and this time you hear a crack. You might think that you would be thinking something like "Oh, God, not me!" or "I'm too young to die!", but you don't really think about anything when it happens. And you continue to not think all through the evening. You're just along for the ride when it rips out of your skin like some bad dream.

Sure it's bloody painful at first, and you might be worried about your heart exploding or something, because that's certainly what it feels like, until you realize that you're flying over field and fell. You can hardly feel your feet touching the ground - all four of them. The world is bright, vivid, and beautiful all around you. Mother Nature lays herself bare before you like a virgin sacrifice. The air is clear and you can smell and hear everything within five miles it seems like - you can almost SEE it if you look hard enough. The almost-full-moon stares down at you indifferently but the glow from it is nearly blinding. It's almost deafening, overwhelming at first.

Then you come upon a field of cows, and you MAY think "Oh no, I mustn't! Those are farmer Wilson's dairy cows! Father would be ever so mad!" but that doesn't stop you from charging them like a fat kid at a bake sale!

And before you know it, there's a whole lot of baying and moaning and mooing mixed in with some growls and yelps somewhere in there, and you're running along side one of the young, fat ones, nipping at its flanks. Which is complete foolishness really - you'd want the old and slow or sick ones because they're easier to catch, but you're young and stupid and inexperienced and all you know is that 'damn, but that smells good'! And the rapid pounding of its heart is like music to your ears! The bovine tries to kick at you and run away; you probably spend the better part of the night trying to wear the thing down before you're able to sink your fangs into its throat. And, God, does it feel good! It feels so gorram good when it finally skids to a halt and you stand triumphant over your first kill. You're still shaking from the adrenaline rush like you're about to have a seizure. Everything is so bloody alive, even as the life drains out of the cow and onto the ground.

Last edited by RedMoonstruck (2011-05-24 13:44:11)

#24 2011-05-30 18:24:23

RedMoonstruck

WARNING: The following image and paragraph contains some content that may not be suitable for young children or people who are squeamish.

#25 2011-05-30 18:25:26

RedMoonstruck

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/152/f/a/occupational_hazard_by_rare_form-d3hmu89.jpg

Challenge number 2 for Moontouched on DeviantArt.

The wolf gets to have all the fun at night, but it's your human mind that has to deal with what you've done the next morning. Depict your character shifting back to a human after causing some chaos. Are they as pleased as their wolf, or is it a horrifying sight?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are times when there is very little you can do when the wolf demands the wheel. You just have to throw your hands up and say "have at it", even if it's the worse possible time. It's like being caught naked in the shower at gunpoint with naught but your dignity to cover you. Very much like a bloody canine, however, you're more often than not left with responsibility of disposing of whatever mess the little wanker's made the next morning.

In the beginning it was scary, I have to admit, when the wolf has had his way completely, leaving you in the dust after running off after its prey like a dog after a car. You wake up smeared in viscera in strange surroundings, a recognizable body may or may not be nearby, and all you can think about is how the gently caress you got bits of cartilage stuck between your teeth. And that's not even the worst part! Until you're gut has had a chance to adapt to all that raw meat, it would be prudent to invest in some Gravol and a few six pack of Schwepps, and there are any number of remedies designed to relieve the stomach of its contents should it be absolutely necessary.

A good relationship, however, is built on a solid foundation of compromise. Once you let the wolf in, he should be more than happy to let you in on the fun. I suppose, you could say that we've formed a habit of mixing pain and pleasure, although it can be a challenge throwing off the temptations of Eros and Thanatos in the heat of the moment, especially if you're looking forward to breakfast with your new-found girlfriend. I'd suggest not going to bed on the verge of starvation, your wolf may take it the wrong way. And especially if your partner happens to be a few days shy of that time of the month. Blood and hunger, for the lycanthropist, is a volatile combination, particularly when the full moon is looming.

Ah, well. No use letting good meat go bad, I suppose. A fine bottle of malbec is essential for any kind of carnivorous feast. Fortunate that I should have one on hand....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, even I'm feeling kinda nauseous after writing that. STFU, Hayden. >_<

Last edited by RedMoonstruck (2011-06-01 21:03:25)

Board footer