The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-06 03:38:11

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

Odd dream shifts

so... does anyone else here have the occasional dream shift (at least i think its a dream shift. its  a bit different than the usual) in which (normally during stressful times) you are actually not your theriotype, but you are you in your human body. and your theriotype is there with you and talks to you? sometimes regarding the cause of your stress in some way? this happens to me sometimes with mine.

And if strength is born from heartbreak,
Then mountains I could move.
And if walls could speak,
I pray that they would tell me what to do

#2 2011-05-06 06:28:26

wolflove

Re: Odd dream shifts

Mine does sometimes. My theriotype also gives me suggestions on how to resolve the stressful situation.

My heart sings to the moon and with the wind, sending tribute to it whenever I can.

#3 2011-05-06 08:33:07

FreeAsMe

I that happened to me once, and again it did give me advice about how to handle my stress too. It was really cool

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#4 2011-05-06 09:52:09

lupinealchemist

In dreams similar to this, my subconscious makes a wolf mentor in the form of a familiar fictional character such as J. Talbain, we have interesting conversations and adventures. I can still shift into a wolf or werewolf though.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-05-06 09:59:31)

#5 2011-05-06 14:01:06

Moonlit Hunter

I have seen other wolves in my dreams, but I have never understood those to be representations of myself or a part of myself. They seem like other people with whom I am interacting.

#6 2011-05-07 04:22:23

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

have any of you taken to naming your theriotype because of this?

#7 2011-05-09 16:54:40

lupinealchemist

UlfrAndi wrote:

have any of you taken to naming your theriotype because of this?

I thought about it, but I couldn't think of any names that are unique or original.
However, one time, the name "Garuelx" appeared to me in a dream.

#8 2011-05-09 18:40:03

wolflove

I've named my theriotype Sasha. The name came to me in a dream I had once.

My heart sings to the moon and with the wind, sending tribute to it whenever I can.

#9 2011-05-09 22:39:29

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Interesting, interesting, ironic that this subject comes up now. This actually happened to me for the first time ever about 3 weeks ago. One of the few times I woke up in tears, it was quite powerful.

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#10 2011-05-10 02:40:23

UlfrAndi
Spirit Walker

thats very interesting White. would you mind sharing? if not thats fine. if anyone would like to share one of those dreams (if they remember) that would probably give others a good idea of this kind of thing.

#11 2011-05-13 03:17:55

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

I had a few dreams recently where I was Twilight Sparkle from the new My Little Pony.  Unrelated, but 20% cooler than the topic at hand...

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#12 2011-05-13 03:22:19

Kormiak
Return of the Bard

Really?  I think you've got the wrong thread, Sherlawk, I think you want the Random thread. lol

Ná coiléar ná Corónach!

#13 2011-05-13 18:25:51

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Kormiak wrote:

Really?  I think you've got the wrong thread, Sherlawk, I think you want the Random thread. lol

No.  I have the right thread.  Ponies are never out of place.  They are versatile, intellignt, and dependable creatures who adapt to their environment wherever they are, controlling the weather and domesticating the animals at will.  And MAGIC makes it all complete...

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#14 2011-05-13 18:42:34

lupinealchemist

You think werewolves and unicorns/ponies can get along, or will both sides' elitist personalities clash endlessly?

#15 2011-05-14 01:10:25

Moonlit Hunter

SherlawkDragon wrote:

I had a few dreams recently where I was Twilight Sparkle from the new My Little Pony.  Unrelated, but 20% cooler than the topic at hand...

Twilight+Sparkle+Pony = I'm not even going there.

#16 2011-05-14 06:24:12

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Twilight Sparkle was a cool name before Stephenie Meyer gave new meaning to both words and messed it all up >sad

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#17 2011-05-14 06:26:29

Kormiak
Return of the Bard

lol  I'm with you there, Shady! lol

Ná coiléar ná Corónach!

#18 2011-05-20 12:30:21

Carlos789
The Vulpine Assassin

I dreamt that I had pet fox once, I named it Mordecai ^w^

Sherlawk is a BROny too?! big_smile *high hoof*

Last edited by Carlos789 (2011-05-20 12:32:06)

Me gustaría que estuvieras aquí, pero usted está allí ... Y allí no sabe la suerte que tiene.
Las pocas horas voy a estar con ustedes valen los miles de horas que pasan sin ti.
Cuando te sientes una brisa cálida en su contra, que es el beso que estalló a usted
Mi corazón es tuyo para tomar. Mi amor único y verdadero
... Amber...

#19 2011-05-24 04:03:46

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lupinealchemist wrote:

You think werewolves and unicorns/ponies can get along, or will both sides' elitist personalities clash endlessly?

I think the ponies would have a perfect place for ponies in their society: they've tamed all other animals, becoming friends to all of nature's gifts, as did the druids of old before they entered their great slumber in the forests of... No, wait... Forget the part about the Druids: That's Warcraft.  Sorry, they're just so similar I want to mix them...

ShadyHowl wrote:

Twilight Sparkle was a cool name before Stephenie Meyer gave new meaning to both words and messed it all up

Even though Stephanie Meyers made Twilight before Lauren Faust made Friendship is Magic cam first, I totally agree: Stephanie Meyers needs to step aside and renounce the concept of a "twilight sparkle".  Ponies are CLEARLY superior.

Carlos789 wrote:

Sherlawk is a BROny too?! *high hoof*

I'm not sure what "BROny" means, but a high hoof back to you too!

#20 2011-05-24 12:21:07

lupinealchemist

Back on topic. I recently had a dream that I was doing an outdoor job, then at dusk, I was so overwhelmed by my theriotype that I stopped what I was doing and started running and jumping on all fours. The feeling of blissful joy overcame the fear of getting in trouble at work.

#21 2011-06-13 12:58:28

Mercader

Sometimes ill find myself arguing with myself, its not at all like a choice and me trying to decide. Its my mind that tells me I will get the benefit if I do it this way. And my other side or my instinct possibly my theriotype telling me to do it the other way benefiting and helping others. And i have had occasional dreams of me shifting and running around in my backyard woods. However these do not seem like dreams. Sometimes when the body sleep walks then returns to state of sleep, when the person later wakes up and can know  whether they were sleep walking or dreaming. I think some of you could have had this happen to you. I have had dreams in my house and a sleep walk in my house and i can tell the difference and have had proof from someone else saying i did sleepwalk. Sometimes once the person is told they were sleep walking they all of the sudden remember, some sleep walks you can remember after you wake up or need someone or something to trigger that memory. So in conclusion to that i know i was sleep walking in my forest at a fast speed. Possibly while shifted.

Last edited by Mercader (2011-06-13 12:59:36)

#22 2011-06-13 13:49:00

lupinealchemist

When I was really young, I woke up being carried by my mother a block from our house. They said I sleepwalked outside and they found me sleeping on a neighbor's doorstep.

#23 2011-06-13 13:52:37

Mercader

lupinealchemist wrote:

When I was really young, I woke up being carried by my mother a block from our house. They said I sleepwalked outside and they found me sleeping on a neighbor's doorstep.

are you a werewolf? because if so i need some help.

#24 2011-06-13 14:19:16

lupinealchemist

Mercader wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

are you a werewolf? because if so i need some help.

What usually works for me is keeping your mind busy like a hobby or videogame. Being idle increases the possibility of shifting. However, each therian experiences it differently, so I don't know how much that will help.

#25 2011-06-14 05:36:55

ShadowTrail

Carlos789 wrote:

I dreamt that I had pet fox once, I named it Mordecai ^w^

Sherlawk is a BROny too?! big_smile *high hoof*

Too much Regular Show.
Btw my message to all bronies in thread: I EAT ponies like you!

In dreams similar to this, my subconscious makes a wolf mentor in the form of a familiar fictional character such as J. Talbain, we have interesting conversations and adventures. I can still shift into a wolf or werewolf though

Ok let puts things straight > theritoype DONT have a name, dont speak and dont give advice. If you meet such entity then its a animal spirit guide, totem OR deamon (depends from your experience. Most folks make their daemon by sheer force of visualisation, and guide is outside spirit)

http://project-shift.org/its-okay-not-t … ianthrope/

Board footer