The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-23 14:46:46

shadow_paws

The Gift of Wolves

She was tired of being ridiculed, made fun of by the small-minded people of a small town. The kids at school were cruel, calling her names because her friend had turned on her and spread rumors. It hurt, being the new kid and without a single friend, people called her crazy. She had told only one person about the wolves that always seemed to be calling her, howling every night until she turned the porch light on and peeked out. Only Rachael knew, the only person who had been friendly in the beginning, and that had been a foolish choice - a mistake on her part.
     She was a fool.
     Tonight was the night, she'd go to the wolves and see if they were just animals and she was crazy - or if they were more than animals and she was meant to join them. She hoped they were not real wolves but something more, something better - shapeshifters. A tight knit pack, a family unit.
     The moon turned her jet black hair into a wispy shadow, her pupils expanded to nearly engulf the emerald and amber irises. She was always poked at for her size - taller than the other girls and more curvy, some called her a prostitute. The only thing protecting her was a nightgown and shorts, not much protection when she could end up facing gaping jaws and wicked fangs. But she was not going to back down -  her mother hadn't named her Alex because the name was pretty, although it was, she had named her because she was like her ancestor - Alexander The Great, a conquerer of her fears.
     The moon hung in the sky like a waiting lover, she knew you joined her eventuall or you longed to - people dreamed of her. She was full tonight and no clouds dared to cover her glory, the moon seemed capable of anything. Alex shivered, tingles running down her spine, and thought about what her Ma would say. She propably wouldn't mind, she loved the thought of shifters in the woods, had since Alex had first offered the idea.
     Her Ma was eccentric that way.
     The howls started and she jogged into the woods, hearing the sound of paws hitting earth even though she shouldn't have, all the sounds seemed overly loud and grating. A black wolf with red tinted fur approached her first, intelligence beyond that of an animal in the amber eyes. It was cautious, tail wagging gently as it crawled towards her on its belly. Alex smiled, only slightly hysteric, and squatted to put her hand out for the beasts inspection. He - she was sure it was male - was larger than any wolf she'd seen at the zoo, twice the size, but he was a sweetheart.
     "Hey you sweet boy," she crooned as he reached her. "You're so big, you must eat a great deal, you don't eat humans do you?"
     He gave her the most offended look and licked her hand, darting out a pink tongue. Alex giggled, scratching his ears, and cast only a single glance at the other emerging wolves. This one gave them courage and she respected that, he was obviously very high ranking in the pack. Sorrow gripped her heart, her mind alive with the sounds of the woods at night, and her smile was so sad it hurt.
     "I told all the kids at school that shifters were real," Alex whispered. "None of them believed me, I told them I heard the pack calling me but they caled me crazy and my friend abandoned me...."
     The wolxes all whined and pushed close to her, comforting, and their bodies radiated with unnatural heat. He pressed closer and nipped at her hand so she cursed and gave him her undivided attention. Her wound hurt but it was a momentary pain, easily forgotten when the animal entered her head. It was a part of her, new and exciting, and it was trying to tell her something.
     "He comes.... take the bowl.... drink the water."
     Then a man entered the forest - a gorgeous man with olive skin and classic handsomeness - and he had a raw look. His black hair was long and windswept, his eyes a feral amber, and he carried a silver chalice in both hands - he was also as naked as the day he was born.
      The wolves peeled away, giving a last chorus of affection, and he approached her. He didn't speak, simply held the chalice to her lips and let her choose. Drink and be a part of the pack or get out of the woods and stay out. She opened her mouth and drank it all down, feeling her insides catch fire. There was a moment of vertigo, when the fire was calm, and then the inferno started. Bones broke, shattered, and reformed, muscles moved. Her insides chilled, shifted, and caught fire in one white hot explosion. Alex doubled over in pain, panting as foreign teeth filled her mouth and forced her jaws to elongate to accomadate them. A moment when she was grotesque, half formed, and she pushed past it with a howling scream. Her side collided with the ground, her body finishing the change, and she was naked - wolf, but naked. Then the itching started and the midnight fur rippled across her skin, bursting from her pores. Alex lay, panting, and the pack crowded her. They yipped and nudged her, wanting her to get up and join them.
     She found she wanted it too.
     Getting up was easier than she would have thought. She leapt up, showing the pack she was alright, and they set off, walking so she got used to her new form. The new and wild side of her started bounding, forgetting her human woes.
     Tonight, she ran with the wolves.

Last edited by shadow_paws (2011-05-26 13:15:37)

If you take a copy of the Christian bible and put it in the wind and rain it will disintegrate,
our bible IS the wind and rain.

#2 2011-05-24 13:59:47

shadow_paws

Re: The Gift of Wolves

A little thing I thought of, I'm planning on writing a book.

If you take a copy of the Christian bible and put it in the wind and rain it will disintegrate,

#3 2011-05-25 14:12:25

shadow_paws

This is not my book, obviously, I have an alias and I plan to write under it.... might never get published, might put it here, you never know.... I'm a writer through and through.

#4 2011-05-26 13:16:21

shadow_paws

55 views and I'm the only one commenting.

#5 2011-05-27 08:16:32

FreeAsMe

very cool, i hope it does get published, i'd totally buy it!!!

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#6 2011-05-31 16:22:02

shadow_paws

FreeAsMe wrote:

very cool, i hope it does get published, i'd totally buy it!!!

thnx 4 da praise, writers are very fragile ppl in some ways, I appreciate a vote of confidence.

#7 2011-06-08 06:47:48

Oldwolf81

looking for more...

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#8 2011-12-07 10:05:53

lonewolf13

any more coming soon??

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

#9 2011-12-07 10:44:56

Oldwolf81

Where is Capac?

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

Board footer