The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-15 17:11:22

WereWolfH

Harry Potter WEREWOLVES!!!

SPOILER ALERT     SPOILER ALERT  (Below)

Okay I just saw this movie and I heard a werewolf howl but I didn't see any werewolves. Also, the werewolf Fenrir, okay if you HADN'T READ THE BOOKS you wouldn't know he was a werewolf. I thought he was TURNING folks in the book, it looked moreso like he killed Ron's ex??? Anyone know and was she a victim in the books?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2011-07-16 00:57:33

Fenris Lupa
Dog Soldier

Re: Harry Potter WEREWOLVES!!!

Don't know off hand....but my room mate is re-reading all the books before she sees the last movie tmrw...I'll ask when I see her...and, yes...lol...even with out reading the books I can tell that Fenrir would be a wolf smile

Never do anything as a wolf you wouldn't do as a man...if you have a good heart....you'll be a good dog....

#3 2011-07-18 12:12:07

alphanubilus

Fenrir Greyback did murder Lavender Brown... Even in the book, Fenrir, despite creating a hord of werewolves, was the only werewolf to fight in the final book. As it wasn't a full moon, he didn't transform. It would have been nice to see Lupin and Fenrir duke it out in the last book, but Rowlings never went there. A shame... It would have been nice to see an epic werewolf fight between the creator and the created... With Lupin using his werewolfry to finally defeat the monster that cursed him, but alas...

#4 2011-07-18 15:18:04

WolfMontana

That would have been cool smile (fanfic time! wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2011-07-20 15:52:32

WereWolfH

alphanubilus wrote:

Fenrir Greyback did murder Lavender Brown... Even in the book, Fenrir, despite creating a hord of werewolves, was the only werewolf to fight in the final book. As it wasn't a full moon, he didn't transform. It would have been nice to see Lupin and Fenrir duke it out in the last book, but Rowlings never went there. A shame... It would have been nice to see an epic werewolf fight between the creator and the created... With Lupin using his werewolfry to finally defeat the monster that cursed him, but alas...

wait's Fenrir cursed Lupin? Which book was this in? Wowwww.

Lavender Brown, what a shame, usually he'd just turn kids. I didn't agree with that, but it's left open if she's dead or not. She could've been stunned and he was about to turn her and then Hermione hexed him out of the window...

It sucks period how you didn't see Lupin fight or his wife Tonks AT ALL. And Hagrid wasn't in the movie but that last second... Here's hoping the dvd will have 30 minutes of valid added scenes (not 2 minutes of camera taking footage of scenary for 15 times).

#6 2011-07-20 16:45:48

lupinealchemist

Lupin's death was one of the lamest ways to end a character's story. He could of at least fought Fenrir in his last hours.

#7 2011-07-22 13:51:13

WereWolfH

lupinealchemist wrote:

Lupin's death was one of the lamest ways to end a character's story. He could of at least fought Fenrir in his last hours.

yeah they didn't show really good fight scenes except for Neville, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I would have loved to ahve seen Dumbledore brother whoop some butt or Cho or Seamus and _______ (dude with the afro). Ohhh and no Luna Lovegood.

Okay how did Hagrid get captured? We saw all of those humans run and get stopped by the forcefield and then they ran to Hagrid's hut, but I'd figure he'd ahve left that...

sorry I couldn't tell Fenrir was  a werewolf. He just looked like a bum that needed a shave. His pictures look cool on the internet though

#8 2011-07-22 20:30:30

alphanubilus

WereWolfH wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

yeah they didn't show really good fight scenes except for Neville, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I would have loved to ahve seen Dumbledore brother whoop some butt or Cho or Seamus and _______ (dude with the afro). Ohhh and no Luna Lovegood.

Okay how did Hagrid get captured? We saw all of those humans run and get stopped by the forcefield and then they ran to Hagrid's hut, but I'd figure he'd ahve left that...

sorry I couldn't tell Fenrir was  a werewolf. He just looked like a bum that needed a shave. His pictures look cool on the internet though

Even in the book, you never see Fenrir as a full werewolf. Fenrir Greyback has been a werewolf for so long that the wolf-like characterstics of the wolf have permanently fused with his human characteristics, so that he always has an air of wolfness no matter what form he's in. In short he embraced the darkest sides of the aflection, and was thus transformed. Since he was never around during a full moon in the book, you never get to see him at his full power. Even during the battle for Hogwarts, since it wasn't a full moon, he couldn't fully transform.

You DID get to see Mrs. Weasley kick some serious butt though. Her line is still one of the greatest lines in the world...right under... Ripley's "Get away from her, you b****!" "Not my daughter, you b****!" Oh... I love that line.

#9 2011-08-19 21:34:42

WereWolfH

alphanubilus wrote:

WereWolfH wrote:

lupinealchemist wrote:

Even in the book, you never see Fenrir as a full werewolf. Fenrir Greyback has been a werewolf for so long that the wolf-like characterstics of the wolf have permanently fused with his human characteristics, so that he always has an air of wolfness no matter what form he's in. In short he embraced the darkest sides of the aflection, and was thus transformed. Since he was never around during a full moon in the book, you never get to see him at his full power. Even during the battle for Hogwarts, since it wasn't a full moon, he couldn't fully transform.

You DID get to see Mrs. Weasley kick some serious butt though. Her line is still one of the greatest lines in the world...right under... Ripley's "Get away from her, you b****!" "Not my daughter, you b****!" Oh... I love that line.

I must say I wasn't impressed with Mrs. Weasley. I felt even though it was more "adult" they kiddied that scene down. That could have been a Yoda vs. Dooku scene and it was washed up...

Wait, how come Fenrir has more hair and wolf eyes that Lupin? Do the books say anything about aging slower? I thought Lupin was a werewolf since he was a teenager with Sirius and Potter and...?

#10 2011-08-19 21:47:17

WolfMontana

I think Fenrir is kinda stuck isn't he? Kinda more half half because he loves his wolf so much. Aaand, maybe he's older than Lupin. I am pulling these explanations out of my butt.

But, have to agree with you about Mrs. Weasley's scene. It really got lost in the mass of battles that were going on at the time.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer