The Werewolf Caf The Werewolf Caf

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-12 11:46:25

kingkong14

The Legends. Sorta Mature Story. Has a bit of swearing.

This is a story that i have been working on in the Dead Island forums.  It's my first actual story that I have done.   I would also like to say that i have been inspired to write this story by shadowWolf2010.

I would be grateful for any feedback about things like plot points, spelling errors and any mess ups,really.

Also, the main character is Scottish, so some words like Jings, Help mah boab! and crivens!  will be used.  They mean things like: "Oh my gosh!  and Wow!"

It also won't be just about werewolves, but they play an important part in the story!

well, here goes!

The Legends.

Chapter 1:  A Phone Call.

James Macintosh was a Private Investigator working in Dundee, Scotland.  He worked on the port murder case three years ago.
"Darn!  That was a weird case!" James said, reviewing the case files. "Poor s@d was found with a fishing spear in his back!  Oh man that was a weird case!"

"I wonder if Chris is home?"  Chris was James' brother.  Chris was a bear of a man, about 7' foot tall and very big boned.
Compared to James, who was 6' foot 3' inches and quite skinny.  But James was wiry.

James walked over to his phone, picked it up an dialed Chris' number.
"Hey Chris, you there bro?
"Yeah man, I'm here." Chris answered. "Whats up?
"Nothing mate, just wanted to see if you were ok.  I haven't spoken to you in over three months." James Said.
"Yeah, you didn't tell me were you were."
"I didn't?  I was in Romania."
"Really?  Why were you there?" Chris asked, suspiciously.
"I was researching the thing I saw in that dock warehouse." James answered.
"What?!  You don't seriously think that you saw that "Monster" do you?  I know you believe these things, and I know you want to-" Chris was cut off.
"I know what I saw in that warehouse." Said James in a calm but irritated tone. "I know that you think I'm mad, Chris.  But I know what i saw!"  He continued. "They were real!"

"I know man, I'm sorry.  But you're just so gullible.  And I think your work is getting to you.  I'm really worried about you man."  Chris sighed. "I'll talk to you later, James.  Stay safe!"
"Good bye,Chris." Said James.

"I suppose i'll review those case files and go to bed."  James said to himself.

This is just a starter to see if you guys like it.  Sorry it's so short,  The next Chapter will be longer.

"I never asked for this." Adam Jensen. Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

"Yir no' fae Lochee if yer no' born this side o' the bridge!" (You are not from Lochee if you are not born this side of the bridge!)
Lochee residents disclaimer.

#2 2011-08-13 18:23:01

Oldwolf81

Re: The Legends. Sorta Mature Story. Has a bit of swearing.

The starter is ok, but too short to evaluate.
I need more story to properly critique your writing skills.
I also look on wattpad.com

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#3 2011-08-15 15:55:55

kingkong14

Ok, second chapter! 
Sorry it took so long.  I was taking a break.

Chapter 2

Flash Back.

3 Years ago…

James was driving to the port side of Dundee.  He turned the radio on: 

“Now reporting live from the dock is David Erlington.  David, tell us what’s happening there now.”  said the woman on the radio.
“Well, there has been a death on the docks.  It happened 9:40 PM.  The manager, who has refused to be named at this point, was walking to work when he found the body. 
The police have ruled out Accident as one of the cause’ of death but have refused to say anything else at this point.”

James checked his watch, It was 2:36 In the morning.  He turned the radio over to a music station.  The song, “Animus Vox” was playing.

As he was driving to the dock, James got stuck at a red light.
“Oh come on!”  He exclaimed.

Frustrated, James looked around.  To his left was an old factory that was still in service.
James looked to his right and saw an old ally way.  In the ally, James thought he saw a pair of yellow, glowing eyes watching him.

He sneezed, and when he looked back, the eyes were gone.
“What the hell?”  James thought.  “The work must be getting to me.”
James drove off.

James came up to the dock’s parking.  He pulled in and got out of the car.
It was raining heavily, “But when was it never?” he thought, pulling up the hood  of his jacket. 
It was pitch black save for a few street lights.
James noticed that there were an awful lot of police cars.
While walking towards the police barrier, James spotted a man standing under an umbrella.
James walked up to the man, who was drinking coffee and talking a camera crew?  Oh! This must be the man who was on the radio!

“Hello there David Earlington!” said James.
“Hello, Who are you?” asked the reporter.
“My name is James Macintosh, private investigator.”
“Ah, I think I‘ve heard of you before!”  David said.
“Jings!  It‘s cold out!” James exclaimed.
“Aye, that it is.”  David said.  “But it is October!”
“Aye, it is!”  Laughed James.  “So, can you tell me anything about the death here?”
“Officially, no.  But off the record, the police say that the man was murdered!” David answered.
“Really?  Well off to work I guess.” James said.

James was about to walk away when he remembered that he needed a little pick me up.
“Do you mind if I can get a coffee?” James asked.
“Of course not!” Said the reporter.  “Just help yourself. It’s in the tent behind you.
“Thanks!” Said James. 

James walked into the tent, which had a yellow tinge to it, sitting down on a nearby garden chair. 
He switched the kettle on and waited.  When it was ready, he poured himself a cup of black coffee, sat back in one of the garden chairs, and sipped his coffee.

“Ahh… that hit the spot.” said James, relaxing on the chair.
James got up and walked out of the tent and towards the police perimeter.
When he tried to cross it, James was stopped by a burly looking policeman
“Stop there sir” he said in a tone that made James stop dead in his tracks.
“Sorry sir, only police and VIPs allowed.”  Said the guard at the perimeter.
“It’s ok, I’m James Macintosh private investigator.” Said James, showing his card to the guard.
“Ah, the boss said that someone like you would come through here” Said the police man. “Ok sir, you can go on through.”
“Thank you.”
“Be careful, it ain’t pretty in there.” Said the guard.

James grimaced at the thought of “Not Pretty”.

As James walked towards the scene, a very bad smell met his nostrils.
“Help mah boab!” He exclaimed.
The crime scene looked like something out CSI: Miami.
The place was like a market.  It was buzzing with cops all doing their things.
When James found the body, he almost threw up.

The dead man had a spear in his back and it had pinned him to the wall.  Blood was dripping down the sides of the wall and there was a big pool of blood on the ground.

Whoever threw the fishing spear had deadly accuracy and strength.
In fact, James could not think of any human who could pin a man to a wall with a hand held fishing spear that accurately.  The way the spear had been thrown ensured a quick kill, straight into the abdomen and severing the spine.

“Help my boab!” James exclaimed.
“Horrible, isn’t it?” Said a police man. “Once you’ve seen one, the rest don’t effect you as much.  Murders, I mean.  My name is Police Chief Jack Donnelly.”  said the Chief.

James turned to the man, “My name is James Macintosh, Private Investigator.”  James said, shaken by the sight of the dead man.
“Aye, you were the lad I called up over the phone earlier.” Jack said.
“So, you called me?” James asked. “If you’re the Chief of Police, then why did you call a freelance investigator?”
“Because we have to abide by certain rules.” Answered Jack.
“Ah, I see.  Smart!” James said, getting what the officer meant. “I’m sorry sir but I must start my investigation.”
“No worry’s, I’ll let you get to work.” Said Jack, walking away.

James went back to the dead man and found a piece of crumpled paper in his hand.
After prying open the man’s hand, he unfurled and began to read the note.
It read: “If someone is reading this then I am dead.  I have taken a picture of the monster.  It’s in my right pocket.”

James checked and, to his dismay, there was no picture.  He began to search the other pockets and found a wallet.
Inside the wallet was: A key ring with a few keys, a picture of the dead man and his wife or girl friend?

There was also a card in the wallet.  It said “Rupert Barnerd, Private Investigator.”
“What the hell is going on?!” James exclaimed.

Suddenly, he heard a crash coming from a nearby warehouse.
“You lads stay here!” He said “I’ll go investigate the noise.”
James half ran towards the warehouse where he thought the noise was   coming from.

As he entered, he heard mumbling coming from upstairs.  It was so dark that James had to use his flashlight. He fished around in his rucksack for the flashlight.
Just as James was about to mount the stairs, he caught sight of a figure on the broken roof looking through a large hole at him.
James didn’t want to speak, lest he give his position away to whoever was up stairs.  Instead he shined his light up at the man. 

From what James could see, the man looked important.
The man was carrying a suitcase and was wearing a strange, yet important looking government like suit.  The man sorted his tie, turned round and walked away.
Bewildered, James set foot up stairs, crouch walking as he went.  The nearer he got, the better he could hear the voices. One sounded gruff, almost growling (wait, growling!?), and the other was a man’s voice.

James bewildered, crouch walked towards the door where the voices where coming from.
One of the voices sounded like it was… growling? But the other one sounded more normal.
James noted that they both had Scottish accents.

“I can’t believe you killed him!” said a male voice.
“If I didn’t then he would’ve gone to the police, or worse, the Hunters!”
Growled a… female voice?
“If there was a way besides killing him, I would have taken it!  I’m sure he was working with the Hunters anyway.”
“but you don’t know that!” Said the man. “What if he wanted to change his mind?”

“I didn’t like killing him Sam, but there was no other choice!”  She finished.

Just then, James’ knee made a loud CREEEAAKKK noise.
“What was that?” said the male voice.
James’ thoughts at that point were: “Oh I’m fu**ed!”
Then a little voice in his head said, “Well mate, you’ve really stepped in the shite now!  Well it’s now or never. Are you a man or a mouse?

James burst through the door… and right into something very large.

James collided with the thing with enough force to at least knock over a horse.

As James got up, he looked at what he bumped into, It was HUGE, about 7’foot 8’inches and very furry.  “Wait, furry?!” thought James. 

The beast had a tail and it’s head looked like that of a wolf‘s.  Its fur colour was black with a little white on the on the forearms.  It was also wearing a navy blue shirt and black trousers with stripes on them. It also had claws that looked like razors. It looked very strong.

“Oh my god!” James said out loud.
“What?”  Asked the thing.
“Y-y-you’re a w-wer-” James stammered.
“A Werewolf?” She corrected him.
“Yeah…” James said.  He spotted the man to his left.
James looked to his left and saw the man.

The man was about as big as James with a yellow shirt and dark blue trousers.  His nails looked sharper than a normal human’s.
His hair was a darkish brown colour.  He wore what looked like running shoes. The man was about as tall as James and looked like he had been going to the gym.

James was stuck in an awkward position.
If he ran, they would most certainly kill him.
If he tried to fight, James would be killed.

So James did the only thing he could think of at that moment.
He talked.

“Uh… hi?” James said, his heart racing.
“Hello…” Said the Werewolf carefully.
The man said nothing.
“So… uh, this is awkward.” James said
The Werewolf tilted her head.
At this point, James felt like he could vomit with fear.

“There is no need to be scared.” Said the man.  “We won’t hurt you if you won’t hurt us.  My name is Sam.  What’s yours?” Sam asked.
“Uh… James.  My name is James Macintosh.” At this point, James felt like he was going to pass out.
“My name is Sarah.” Said the Werewolf.  James was sure that she could smell his fear because she gave him a strange look.  Like she knew what he was feeling.

James felt his head spin.

“Listen James, just calm down.  We won’t hurt you.”  Said Sam, who must’of seen James try to keep himself up.
James felt something in his brain, like something primal.  Telling him to run.
His legs felt like jelly, and his brain couldn’t take this anymore.
He passed out. 
All he could remember was hitting the floor.

With a thud.

A few minutes later.
James still couldn’t open his eyes, but he could hear voices.

The voices sounded familier.
“Let’s get out of here!” said one of them, a male.
“Alright, but who’s going to carry the man?”  Said a female voice.
“I would if I could.  I’m not strong enough in this form to carry the lad while jumping from the roof to roof.  If I slip, he could fall.  Then it’s curtains for him.  You’re stronger and faster than me anyway.”

“No way!  You carry him!” Said the female voice.  “I’m not going to carry him!”
“Sarah!  We don’t have much time!  The police will be here any second now!” Said the Male voice. “Wait, do you hear that?”
“The police!” Said the female voice. 

“Ah screw it!  Up you go!”   James felt something lift him up.
“Wow, you’re pretty light!”  Said the female voice again.

James’ brain refused to completely wake up, so James was still groggy.

James heard a thump and realized that whoever was holding him landed on the ground.
James still couldn’t open his eyes.  They were just to heavy.
“That’s what I get for staying up so late and not getting enough sleep.” He thought.

“Alright, we’re clear now.” Said the man.
“Ok, I’ll put him down here.”  Said the female voice.
James felt something prop him against a wall.  “ What happened?” James asked groggily.
“You passed out.”  Said Sarah.  “I carried you here.”
“Thanks.”  James said, getting up.
“Here, let me help you.” Said Sam, pulling James up with amazing strength.  James didn’t even need to push him self up.
“You alright James?” Asked Sarah.  James nodded. “Yeah I’m fine.”
“My brother would‘ve brought you here, but he’s being a jessy!” Sarah mocked.
“Oi!  I’m still here!”  Sam said.  “I know.  Are you growing senile, Samuel?” Asked Sarah.
“Shut it, Sarah.”  Sam said, an angry tone in his voice.
“Calm down, I was joking!” Sarah Sighed.  “You know, you can be so sensitive at times.”

“Ok, can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?”  James almost shouted.  “Sorry James.”  Said Sam. “I forgot that you’re new to all this.” 
“You just need to let your mind process all this information.” Said Sarah.
“Alright. So, what’s your full name, Sam?”  Asked James.
“My full name is Samuel Ferther.  Sarah is my sister.”Sam Answered.
“Sarah Ferther at your service!”  Sarah joked.  “What’s your last name James?” 
“Macintosh.”  James answered.     “Like the computer?”  Sarah laughed.
James stuck his tongue out.  “Heard that before.” He said.  “So, what do we do now?” asked James.   “James, I know that we’ve just met.  And I know that you don’t trust us.  But you’re going to have to.  I need to ask you something.” Sam said in a serious tone.  “Alright, what is it?” Asked James.

“My sister here can’t change back to her human self, and I can’t change into my other form for some reason. I can’t hide her anywhere because people are following me.” Sam said.  James knew where this was going.  “So you want Sarah to stay with me?”  James finished Sam’s sentence.  “Yes, James.  It’s only until whatever is wrong with Sarah calms down and the people who are following me stop.”  Sam said.
“Please James?”  Sarah said with a cheesy smile.
“But I hardly know both of you, you’re both Werewolves, and I about had a mental breakdown back there!”  Shouted James, pointing to the warehouse.
“Plus, my brother visits me on Saturdays and he knows when there‘s something wrong, so unless you’re really good at keeping hidden, there’s nowhere I can hide you.”

“I am really good at keeping out of sight as a matter of fact!” Sarah said.
James sighed. “I don’t know why the hell I’m doing this!”  He said to himself.
“Alright then.  Come on then.  We’ll go back to my house.”  James said to Sarah as he shook his head.                                     “Thank you James!” Said Sam.  James nodded.  “Alright then.  I suppose it’s goodbye for now then.” James said to Sam.    “Bye brother!”  Said Sarah.  “Thank you again, James.  I know this is a lot to take in but please, be careful.  Both of you.”  Sam said.

“This way, Sarah.”  Whispered James.  “I’m right behind you!”  She answered.   James jogged to his car and opened the driver seat door.
“I’ll lay down in the back seat so no one sees me.”  Sarah said.
James nodded. “Ok, good idea.”  James started the ignition and drove off.

“So, a Land Rover eh?”  Sarah asked.
“Yep, my brother got me it for my birthday last year.” James said.
“He must have a good job then to be able to afford this!”
“He works as a bodyguard to a VIP.” James answered.
“Really?” asked Sarah.  “Wow, you have one hell of a brother!”
                                                 “So uh, Sarah?” He asked. “What do Werewolves eat?” 
“We can eat anything you can.  Although chocolate is poisonous to some of us.  But not to me though.”  She answered.   “Why not?” James asked.  “Some of us have a type of human gene in us that allows us to eat anything you can.  Me and my brother were both born, not bitten like some of us, and our mother was human.”  She answered.      “So, people can be bitten and change?” He asked.  “How does that work?”     “Well, there’s a type of gene in us that allows us to turn people when we bite them.  The change is quite painful though, as you would imagine.”  She answered again. 
“So, are there any other ways to get the gene?”  He asked. 
“Well, there is.  But I don’t think it would be appropriate to mention how here!”  She said.  “Oh, right.”  Said James, now realizing what she ment.

James arrived at his house in Monifieth.  “Here we are!”  He said.
“Nice house!”  Sarah said as she jogged to the door.   
James unlocked and opened the door.  He switched on the lights and went into the kitchen.  “Just watch the TV If you want.”  He said.  “The shower is behind the door to the left of the living room.  Your bedroom is upstairs and to the right.”           “Ok, thanks!  I’ll have a quick shower then.” 
James heard her close the door to the shower room.  He remembered that he was going to ask her what she wanted for dinner.

James walked up to the door of the shower room and asked Sarah what she wanted for dinner.  “Well, what do you have?” She asked.
“I have, Pizza, Gammon Steak, Macaroni, Chips and some Salmon aswell.” He answered.       “I’ll have the Gammon then please!”  Sarah said.
“Gammon it is then.”  Said James as he switched on the cooker and put the Gammon in a pot of water.  After James and Sarah had dinner, James asked Sarah about what else could exist if Werewolves could.
“I really don’t know, James.  Aliens are a very strong possibility.  I don’t know about vampires or zombies, though.” Sarah answered. 
“Well, at any rate, I need to get to bed.  You can stay up if you want.  Just wake me up if anything happens.” James said
“Alright.  And James?  Thanks again for letting me stay here.”
“Good night Sarah.”  James said, just before he crashed on his bed in a restless sleep.

Last edited by kingkong14 (2011-08-15 15:56:26)

"Yir no' fae Lochee if yer no' born this side o' the bridge!" (You are not from Lochee if you are not born this side of the bridge!)

#4 2011-09-09 09:18:03

Oldwolf81

Now I know more about your writing skills.
here is no objectionable language as far as I can see.
Your use of english is good. Quite a contrast to Wattpad writers.
Forget quizilla  (teenagers). I guess no such thing as a "grammer school"??

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

#5 2011-10-30 09:14:02

kingkong14

Ok, I have redone some of the chapters and edited a few plot points so that (hopefully) they make some more sense. I have also changed the name of the book. But if I decide to make more, the series name will be "The Legends". (If my story is good, that is.)

Here you go:

Parallel

Chapter 1

A Phone Call

James Macintosh was a private investigator working in Dundee, Scotland.
He worked on the port murder case three years ago.

“Damn!  That was one hell of a case!”  he said, reviewing the case files.
“Poor sod was found with a fishing spear in his back.”
“Oh man that was a weird case!”

“I wonder if Chris is home?”  Chris was James’ brother.
Chris was a bear of a man, about 6’foot 5 inches tall and almost ripped.
Compared to James, who was 6’foot 3 inches and quite skinny but he was wiry.

James walked over to the phone, picked it up and dialed Chris’ number.
“Hey Chris.”
“Hey James. How are you?”
“Fine man. You?”
“Cool. What’s up?”
“Just wanted to phone you. See if you’re alright.”
“I’m fine.  Got a promotion today!”
“Awesome. What rank?”
“Now I’m Captain.  I can access high level stuff!”
“Nice one, Brah!”
“Yeah! Well, I wonder, how’s things with your Girlfriend?”
“She’s not my Girlfriend.”
“You sure?  I’ll tell her that next time I see her!”
“Chris!”
“Oh alright! Calm down. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“See you then Brother. Bye.”
James hung the phone up.

“Guess I’ll review these case files and go to bed.” James said to himself.

Chapter 2

Flash Back.

2 Years ago…

James was driving to the port side of Dundee.  He turned the radio on: 

“Now reporting live from the dock is David Erlington.  David, tell us what’s happening there now.”  said the woman on the radio.
“Well, there has been a death on the docks.  It happened 9:40 PM.  The manager, who has refused to be named at this point, was walking to work when he found the body. 
The police have ruled out Accident as one of the cause’ of death but have refused to say anything else at this point.”

James checked his watch, It was 2:36 In the morning.  He turned the radio over to a music station.  The song, “Animus Vox” by The Glitch Mob was playing.

As he was driving to the dock, James got stuck at a red light.
“Oh come on!”  He exclaimed.

Frustrated, James looked around.  To his left was an old factory that was still in service.
James looked to his right and saw an old ally way.  In the ally, James thought he saw a pair of yellow, glowing eyes watching him.

He sneezed, and when he looked back, the eyes were gone.
“What the hell?”  James thought.  “The work must be getting to me.”
James drove off.

James came up to the dock’s parking.  He pulled in and got out of the car.
It was raining heavily, “But when was it never?” he thought, pulling up the hood  of his jacket. 
It was pitch black save for a few street lights.
James noticed that there were an awful lot of police cars.
While walking towards the police barrier, James spotted a man standing under an umbrella.
James walked up to the man, who was drinking coffee and talking a camera crew?  Oh! This must be the man who was on the radio!

“Hello there David Earlington!” said James.
“Hello, Who are you?” asked the reporter.
“My name is James Macintosh, private investigator.”
“Ah, I think I‘ve heard of you before!”  David said.
“Jings!  It‘s cold out!” James exclaimed.
“Aye, that it is.”  David said.  “But it is October!”
“Aye, it is!”  Laughed James.  “So, can you tell me anything about the death here?”
“Officially, no.  But off the record, the police say that the man was murdered!” David answered.
“Really?  Well off to work I guess.” James said.

James was about to walk away when he remembered that he needed a little pick me up.
“Do you mind if I can get a coffee?” James asked.
“Of course not!” Said the reporter.  “Just help yourself. It’s in the tent behind you.
“Thanks!” Said James. 

James walked into the tent, which had a yellow tinge to it, sitting down on a nearby garden chair. 
He switched the kettle on and waited.  When it was ready, he poured himself a cup of black coffee, sat back in one of the garden chairs, and sipped his coffee.

“Ahh… that hit the spot.” said James, relaxing on the chair.
James got up and walked out of the tent and towards the police perimeter.
When he tried to cross it, James was stopped by a burly looking policeman
“Stop there sir” he said in a tone that made James stop dead in his tracks.
“Sorry sir, only police and VIPs allowed.”  Said the guard at the perimeter.
“It’s ok, I’m James Macintosh private investigator.” Said James, showing his card to the guard.
“Ah, the boss said that someone like you would come through here” Said the police man. “Ok sir, you can go on through.”
“Thank you.”
“Be careful, it isn’e  pretty in there.” Said the guard.

James grimaced at the thought of “Not Pretty”.

As James walked towards the scene, a very bad smell met his nostrils.
“Oh my god!” He exclaimed.
The crime scene looked like something out CSI: Miami.
The place was like a market.  It was buzzing with cops all doing their things.
When James found the body, he almost threw up.

The dead man had a spear in his back and it had pinned him to the wall.  Blood was dripping down the sides of the wall and there was a big pool of blood on the ground.

Whoever threw the fishing spear had deadly accuracy and strength.
In fact, James could not think of any human who could pin a man to a wall with a hand held fishing spear that accurately.  The way the spear had been thrown ensured a quick kill, straight into the abdomen and severing the spine.

“Help my boab!” James exclaimed.
“Horrible, isn’t it?” Said a police man. “Once you’ve seen one, the rest don’t effect you as much.  Murders, I mean.  My name is Police Chief Jack Donnelly.”  said the Chief.

James turned to the man, “My name is James Macintosh, Private Investigator.”  James said, shaken by the sight of the dead man.
“Aye, you were the lad I called up over the phone earlier.” Jack said.
“So, you called me?” James asked. “If you’re the Chief of Police, then why did you call a freelance investigator?”
“Because we have to abide by certain rules.” Answered Jack.
“Ah, I see.  Smart!” James said, getting what the officer meant. “I’m sorry sir but I must start my investigation.”
“No worry’s, I’ll let you get to work.” Said Jack, walking away.

James went back to the dead man and found a piece of crumpled paper in his hand.
After prying open the man’s hand, he unfurled and began to read the note.
It read: “If someone is reading this then I am dead.  I have taken a picture of the monster.  It’s in my right pocket.”

James checked and, to his dismay, there was no picture.  He began to search the other pockets and found a wallet.
Inside the wallet was: A key ring with a few keys, a picture of the dead man and his wife or girl friend?

There was also a card in the wallet.  It said “Rupert Barnerd, Private Investigator.”
“What the hell is going on?!” James exclaimed.

Suddenly, he heard a crash coming from a nearby warehouse.
“You lads stay here!” He said “I’ll go investigate the noise.”
James half ran towards the warehouse where he thought the noise was   coming from.

As he entered, he heard mumbling coming from upstairs.  It was so dark that James had to use his flashlight. He fished around in his rucksack for the flashlight.
Just as James was about to mount the stairs, he caught sight of a figure on the broken roof looking through a large hole at him.
James didn’t want to speak, lest he give his position away to whoever was up stairs.  Instead he shined his light up at the man. 

From what James could see, the man looked important.
The man was carrying a suitcase and was wearing a strange, yet important looking government like suit.  The man sorted his tie, turned round and walked away.
Bewildered, James set foot up stairs, crouch walking as he went.  The nearer he got, the better he could hear the voices. One sounded gruff, almost growling (wait, growling!?), and the other was a man’s voice.

James bewildered, crouch walked towards the door where the voices where coming from.
One of the voices sounded like it was… growling? But the other one sounded more normal.
James noted that they both had Scottish accents.

“I can’t believe you killed him!” said a male voice.
“If I didn’t then he would’ve gone to the police, or worse, the Hunters!”
Growled a… female voice?
“If there was a way besides killing him, I would have taken it!  I’m sure he was working with the Hunters anyway.”
“but you don’t know that!” Said the man. “What if he wanted to change his mind?”

“I didn’t like killing him Sam, but there was no other choice!”  She finished.

Just then, James’ knee made a loud CREEEAAKKK noise.
“What was that?” said the male voice.
James’ thoughts at that point were: “Oh I’m gently caressed!”
Then a little voice in his head said, “Well mate, you’ve really stepped in the shite now!  Well it’s now or never. Are you a man or a mouse?

James burst through the door… and right into something very large.

James collided with the thing with enough force to at least knock over a horse.

As James got up, he looked at what he bumped into, It was HUGE, about 7’foot 2’inches and very furry.  “Wait, furry?!” thought James. 

The beast had a tail and it’s head looked like that of a wolf‘s.  Its fur colour was black with a little white on the on the forearms.  It was also wearing a navy blue shirt and black trousers with stripes on them. It also had claws that looked like razors. It looked very strong.

“Oh my god!” James said out loud.
“What?”  Asked the thing.
“Y-y-you’re a w-wer-” James stammered.
“A Werewolf?” She corrected him.
“Yeah…” James said.  He spotted the man to his left.

The man was about as big as James with a yellow shirt and dark blue trousers.  His nails looked sharper than a normal human’s.
His hair was a darkish brown colour.  He wore what looked like running shoes. The man was about as tall as James and looked like he had been going to the gym.

James was stuck in an awkward position.
If he ran, they would most certainly kill him.
If he tried to fight, James would be killed.

So James did the only thing he could think of at that moment.
He tried diplomacy.

“Uh… hi?” James said, his heart racing.
“Hello…” Said the Werewolf carefully.
The man said nothing.
“So… uh, this is awkward.” James said
The Werewolf tilted her head.
At this point, James felt like he could vomit with fear.

“There is no need to be scared.” Said the man.  “We won’t hurt you if you won’t hurt us.  My name is Sam.  What’s yours?” Sam asked.
“Uh… James.  My name is James Macintosh.” At this point, James felt like he was going to pass out.
“My name is Sarah.” Said the Werewolf.  James was sure that she could smell his fear because she gave him a strange look.  Like she knew what he was feeling.

James felt his head spin.

“Listen James, just calm down.  We won’t hurt you.”  Said Sam, who must’of seen James try to keep himself up.
James felt something in his brain, like something deep down inside him.
His legs felt like jelly, and his brain felt like it was on fire.
He passed out. 
All he could remember was hitting the floor.

With a thud.

A few minutes later.
James still couldn’t open his eyes, but he could hear voices.

The voices sounded familiar.
“Let’s get out of here!” said one of them, a male.
“Alright, but who’s going to carry the man?”  Said a female voice.
“I would if I could.  I’m not strong enough in this form to carry the lad while jumping from the roof to roof.  If I slip, he could fall.  Then it’s curtains for him.  You’re stronger and faster than me anyway.”

“No way!  You carry him!” Said the female voice.  “I’m not going to carry him!”
“Sarah!  We don’t have much time!  The police will be here any second now!” Said the Male voice. “Wait, do you hear that?”
“The police!” Said the female voice. 

“Ah screw it!  Up you go!”   James felt something lift him up.
“Wow, you’re pretty light!”  Said the female voice again.

James’ brain refused to completely wake up, so James was still groggy.

James heard a thump and realized that whoever was holding him landed on the ground.
James still couldn’t open his eyes.  They were just to heavy.
“That’s what I get for staying up so late and not getting enough sleep.” He thought.

“Alright, we’re clear now.” Said the man.
“Ok, I’ll put him down here.”  Said the female voice.
James felt something prop him against a wall.  “ What happened?” James asked groggily.
“You passed out.”  Said Sarah.  “I carried you here.”
“Thanks.”  James said, getting up.
“Here, let me help you.” Said Sam, pulling James up with amazing strength.  James didn’t even need to push himself up.
“You alright, James?” Asked Sarah.  James nodded. “Yeah I’m fine.”
“My brother would‘ve brought you here, but he’s being a jessy!” Sarah mocked.
“Oi!  I’m still here!”  Sam said.  “I know.  Are you growing senile, Samuel?” Asked Sarah.
“Shut it, Sarah.”  Sam said, an angry tone in his voice.
“Calm down, I was joking!” Sarah Sighed.  “You know, you can be so sensitive at times.”

“Ok, can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?”  James almost shouted.  “Sorry James.”  Said Sam. “I forgot that you’re new to all this.” 
“You just need to let your mind process all this information.” Said Sarah.
“Alright. So, what’s your full name, Sam?”  Asked James.
“My full name is Samuel Ferther.  Sarah is my sister.”Sam Answered.
“Sarah Ferther at your service!”  Sarah joked.  “What’s your last name James?” 
“Macintosh.”  James answered.     “Like the computer?”  Sarah laughed.
James stuck his tongue out.  “Heard that before.” He said.  “So, what do we do now?” asked James.   “James, I know that we’ve just met.  And I know that you don’t trust us.  But you’re going to have to.  I need to ask you something.” Sam said in a serious tone.  “Alright, what is it?” Asked James.

“My sister here can’t change back to her human self, and I can’t change into my other form for some reason. I can’t hide her anywhere because people are following me.” Sam said.  James knew where this was going.  “So you want Sarah to stay with me?”  James finished Sam’s sentence.  “Yes, James.  It’s only until whatever is wrong with Sarah calms down and the people who are following me stop.”  Sam said.
“Please James?”  Sarah said with a cheesy smile.
“But I hardly know both of you, you’re both Werewolves, and I about had a mental breakdown back there!”  Shouted James, pointing to the warehouse.
“Plus, my brother visits me on Saturdays and he knows when there‘s something wrong, so unless you’re really good at keeping hidden, there’s nowhere I can hide you.”

“I am really good at keeping out of sight as a matter of fact!” Sarah said.
James sighed. “I don’t know why the hell I’m doing this!”  He said to himself.
“Alright then.  Come on then.  We’ll go back to my house.”  James said to Sarah as he shook his head.                                     “Thank you James!” Said Sam.  James nodded.  “Alright then.  I suppose it’s goodbye for now then.” James said to Sam.    “Bye brother!”  Said Sarah.  “Thank you again, James.  I know this is a lot to take in but please, be careful.  Both of you.”  Sam said.

“This way, Sarah.”  Whispered James.  “I’m right behind you!”  She answered.   James jogged to his car and opened the driver seat door.
“I’ll lay down in the back seat so no one sees me.”  Sarah said.
James nodded. “Ok, good idea.”  James started the ignition and drove off.

“So, a Land Rover eh?”  Sarah asked.
“Yep, my brother got me it for my birthday last year.” James said.
“He must have a good job then to be able to afford this!”
“He works as a bodyguard to a VIP.” James answered.
“Really?” asked Sarah.  “Wow, you have one hell of a brother!”
                                                 “So uh, Sarah?” He asked. “What do Werewolves eat?” 
“We can eat anything you can.  Although chocolate is poisonous to some of us.  But not to me though.”  She answered.   “Why not?” James asked.  “Some of us have a type of human gene in us that allows us to eat anything you can.  Me and my brother were both born, not bitten like some of us, and our mother was human.”  She answered.      “So, people can be bitten and change?” He asked.  “How does that work?”     “Well, there’s a type of gene in us that allows us to turn people when we bite them.  The change is quite painful though, as you would imagine.”  She answered again. 
“So, are there any other ways to get the gene?”  He asked. 
“Well, there is.  But I don’t think it would be appropriate to mention how here!”  She said.  “Oh, right.”  Said James, now realizing what she ment.

James arrived at his house in Monifieth.  “Here we are!”  He said.
“Nice house!”  Sarah said as she jogged to the door.   
James unlocked and opened the door.  He switched on the lights and went into the kitchen.  “Just watch the TV If you want.”  He said.  “The shower is behind the door to the left of the living room.  Your bedroom is upstairs and to the right.”           “Ok, thanks!  I’ll have a quick shower then.” 
James heard her close the door to the shower room.  He remembered that he was going to ask her what she wanted for dinner.

James walked up to the door of the shower room and asked Sarah what she wanted for dinner.  “Well, what do you have?” She asked.
“I have, Pizza, Gammon Steak, Macaroni, Chips and some Salmon aswell.” He answered.       “I’ll have the Gammon then please!”  Sarah said.
“Gammon it is then.”  Said James as he switched on the cooker and put the Gammon in a pot of water.  After James and Sarah had dinner, James asked Sarah about what else could exist if Werewolves could.
“I really don’t know, James.  Aliens are a very strong possibility.  I don’t know about vampires or zombies, though.” Sarah answered. 
“Well, at any rate, I need to get to bed.  You can stay up if you want.  Just wake me up if anything happens.” James said
“Alright.  And James?  Thanks again for letting me stay here.”
“Good night Sarah.”  James said, just before he crashed on his bed in a restless sleep

#6 2011-11-01 12:16:09

Oldwolf81

I dinnae se the swearing.

the texas octogenerian
wolf favorite animal

Board footer