The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-13 02:10:09

walkingintheshadows
Website

What are the pros and cons of being a therian?

I'm just curious to see how therianthropy has affected you, and wether there are any aspects of it you hate, and any you love.

#2 2011-08-13 10:00:56

FreeAsMe

Re: What are the pros and cons of being a therian?

con: the reaction when you try to tell your sister.

pro: using it for things like sports and school.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#3 2011-08-13 12:07:02

walkingintheshadows
Website

If I told my sister she would freak. As would my parents, and my entire family smile

#4 2011-08-13 16:45:49

FreeAsMe

yeah I would think my sister would somewhat understand...not at all. I couldn't even think of it when it comes to my parents.

any one could trip over something else, but it takes skill to trip over your own feet.

#5 2011-08-14 02:38:27

walkingintheshadows
Website

My sister has a deeprooted fear of wolves... I would probably be sent to a loony bin, or at least sent to see a psychologist. Definetly a con.

#6 2011-08-14 08:55:56

Moonlit Hunter

This is like asking - what are the pros and cons of being me.

Pros - I am in amazingly good health, I love my life and my few close friends, I have the best dog in the world, and people often mistake me for being five to ten years younger than I actually am. (And I'm not even old enough for age to matter yet  - I'm only 28). 

Cons - I have a massive load of student loan debt that I may never crawl my way out of, people rarely listen to anything I have to say, and my family hates me.

#7 2011-09-14 13:20:07

SnowCrystal
Website

Hmmm.... let's see:

Pros: I too look to be a bit younger than I actually am, myself. Not by much, though, for it to be too noticeable. I look 22-24 and I am 27. Also, the strengths and abilities that come with it are amazing. ♥ I feel more powerful during an M-Shift, I also feel faster, more cunning, and my blessed good health since I awakened. big_smile

Cons: A boatload - being sent to an insane asylumn at some point if I tell my parents any more than what they already know (they know I believe I have a wolf side to me, but they think I am delusional and laugh about it, try to tell me "I am just a regular human girl," and make other mockery jokes), not being accepted for who I really am, having to hide my wolf side CONSTANTLY when it just wants to go free, etc.

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#8 2012-02-20 14:11:54

KaraWolfDragon
Website

Pros- Understanding animals more, playing with animals, playing with kids like an animal, being different, SCENT ROLLING!!!! having a cool growl, howling with dogs, being able to mental and phantom shift, being awesome XD, walking on toes, can't think of any more right now...

Cons- No one understands Therianthropy nor wants to understand, not being able to be myself around others, can't find others like me, can't even find wiccans or vamps or anything, my parents don't trust me on the internet now that they've seen the site I've been going on, getting headaches, mental shifts at random times, (One time I swear I looked like I was on drugs, I could NOT stop moving my leg, I wanted to run SO FREAKIN BAD. God, it was funny.) Anouwah says phantom shifts are annoying, she sits on her tail sometimes XD, wanting raw meat, instincts to chase small animals, wanting to be out in the woods but I live in the CITY and there are no woods around 'cause this is Oklahoma! wanting to shift, wanting to be near other therians, I guess that's it. (Wow my Cons section is bigger than Pros. XD)

The feeling of being a therian cannot be described in words. It's not just a label so we an find somewhere to fit in, it is who we are, who we have always been, and who we always will be. No one can change me, this is who I am. For more than ever.

#9 2012-02-25 20:01:04

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Pro: My butt is fuzzy.
Con: My butt is fuzzy.

Other than that, everyone else (therian and non-therian) is stupid, but I tend to think of that as being unrelated to therianthropy, and that it's just that everyone is stupid. >:|

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer