The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-17 20:21:17

Viergacht

Fright Night (remake)

So, did anyone see this? You know the question I'm gonna ask, did Evil Ed turn into a werewolf/vampire in the remake?

#2 2011-09-17 20:36:15

NightSlash

Re: Fright Night (remake)

I saw it, and no he doesn't. But there's a line by Jerry where he mentions werewolves, and the way he says it seems like they might actually exist in that universe.

And I dug this one more than the original. Of course that's because I didn't really love the original. I mean, I loved Chris Sarandan and Roddy McDowell and the special effects, but everything else bugged me. This one was more of a surprise since I wasn't sure I'd like it but I came out quite surprised. My main problem was all the KNB interviews talking about the cool practical effects, and then whatever CGI studio helped with the film just went insane. There were some good effects here and there, but Amy's mouth was anticlimactic to say the least. Still, it could've been a lot worse in my books.

#3 2011-09-17 21:52:57

Viergacht

Well dang. I'll wait til it hits on demand, then.

#4 2011-09-18 08:33:01

NightSlash

It's still in theaters where you are? It dropped out of mine in like, two weeks with how badly it did. And off topic, if you see ads for Creature, avoid like the plague. Biggest disappointment of the year. I went in expecting a stupid but fun monster movie and got a really stupid and really boring monster movie, which is the worst kind. The fact that it got into 1500 theaters while Attack the Block did not is disgusting.

#5 2011-09-18 12:32:03

WereWolfH

NightSlash wrote:

I saw it, and no he doesn't. But there's a line by Jerry where he mentions werewolves, and the way he says it seems like they might actually exist in that universe.

And I dug this one more than the original. Of course that's because I didn't really love the original. I mean, I loved Chris Sarandan and Roddy McDowell and the special effects, but everything else bugged me. This one was more of a surprise since I wasn't sure I'd like it but I came out quite surprised. My main problem was all the KNB interviews talking about the cool practical effects, and then whatever CGI studio helped with the film just went insane. There were some good effects here and there, but Amy's mouth was anticlimactic to say the least. Still, it could've been a lot worse in my books.

yeah he did mention werewolves. I actually quite enjoyed this piece. I think the trailers did the movie in. I can't see why people didn't see this movie. (Well besides the recession). It should have at least made 30 mill.  But I know it had VERY LIMITED showings b/c all these movies were still at the theaters that should have been gone already. I guess that would have made the movies more crowded which = the mentality that the movie is worth watching...

I liked this movie though, Evil Ed should have been in the movie longer. I thought the stripper neighbor was the best part of the movie.

I'd go see it if I were you. I saw it in 3d which was cool.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#6 2011-10-02 22:30:54

WereWolfH

anyone know if the title of this movie is based from the episode on Night Gallery?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

Board footer