The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-30 10:52:15

SnowCrystal
Website

Therianthropy and the paranormal

Hey everyone,

One of the things I noticed when I first "awakened" as a were / therian is I had a strong connection to the spiritual world. This also led to demonic oppression, dark entities that would attack me and wake me up at night, causing an uncontrollable fear that would succumb to my very soul. My "wolf side" and I would often have to fight them off.... and I did eventually manage to get rid of them by doing a self-deliverance, but it literally WAS.... a living hell.

I have also SEEN entities.... both angelic and demonic. I also got attacked spiritually by hell hounds during my demonic oppression phase. Their pungent odor would reek of dead garbage or sulfur, or a combination of the two. Like something that crawled straight out of the epitomes of the Earth.

Some hell hounds have come to me and wandered my home. The ones lately have been trying to talk to me. None have attacked me really since I first awakened.

I also noticed I had a hoard of wolf entities / spirits that seemed attracted to my inner wolf, and protected me from the hell hound and demonic attacks. During one of my phantom shifts or astral travels or WHATEVER you want to call it, I even saw one of them: he had an attraction for my inner wolf, an obsession almost - he was a grey wolf with green eyes, large too - his territory was just outside mine.

I also have seen a dark wolf with my own two eyes that was local to me. I do not know if it was a wolfdog, wolf, or what it was. It was black, about 4'+ tall, and had piercing yellow-reddish eyes. I saw it crossing the road one night by a road leading back from my old job closer to home. It was solid black, and I even heard it howling back to me in response one night when howling out my window during a m-shift. I was shocked to hear this low, echoing howl pierce through the air to my ears, and I still do not know what kind of canine it was (wolfdog, wolf, or what have you), why it was outside my territory, or why it was even in MARYLAND to begin with?

I was wondering if any other therians experienced anything like this? I came across a site that explained that a lot of therians seem to draw in the paranormal... and I was wondering WHY?

Maybe you guys can enlighten me on this. Most entities seem to want to draw me AWAY from my inner therian side (the bad ones at least), and am wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing, how you overcame it, etc.?

http://theriantimeline.com/therianthrop … d_concepts

^ Link to a site that briefly mentioned therians and the paranormal. In particular Hell Hounds, but I have experienced demonic entities the most. Only lately has the hell hounds been more prevalent, and a lot fewer pure demonic entities as of late.

I just want to make sure I am not the only one that feels like I am going absolutely crazy at times with the kind of stuff that I see/hear/feel....

Last edited by SnowCrystal (2011-09-30 10:58:49)

A white wolf therian living happily with my black wolf dire / grey wolf hybrid mate (also a therian) and best friend who is a skunk therian c:.

#2 2011-09-30 12:02:31

lupinealchemist

Re: Therianthropy and the paranormal

I experienced sleep paralysis several times where you are conscious but can't move and experience intense dread and or hallucinate malicious entities. However, there's a black wolf laying beside me to comfort or protect me. Does this sound like anything you experienced?

#3 2011-09-30 17:03:16

John Anchondo

Hate that sleep paralysis, I always feel like my body's vibrating.

Those who don't understand the past are destined to repeat it.

#4 2011-09-30 19:48:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

There are a lot of definitions of "Therian". I think one that is appropriate is "animal shaman". Many (most? all?) Therians are open to shamanistic experiences - many of us are practicing shamans.

Although I don't believe that what Therians are is paranormal (no0 more than the average Joe, anyway) I do believe that Therianthropy opens us up to paranormal experiences.

I have "attracted" entities most of my life until I became "dangerous" to entities. Therians have a knack for destroying other entities and when they find that out, entities become leery of us.

For instance, a hag rode one of our participants into a SEHowl a few years ago and, when it found out that it was surrounded by Weres, it hightailed it up out of the canyon. It hovered around up there the whole time, wanting to attack us but resisting the temptation. After we left, it came back down and one of our people went back and exterminated it.

#5 2011-09-30 20:17:35

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

There are a lot of definitions of "Therian". I think one that is appropriate is "animal shaman". Many (most? all?) Therians are open to shamanistic experiences - many of us are practicing shamans.

Although I don't believe that what Therians are is paranormal (no0 more than the average Joe, anyway) I do believe that Therianthropy opens us up to paranormal experiences.

I have "attracted" entities most of my life until I became "dangerous" to entities. Therians have a knack for destroying other entities and when they find that out, entities become leery of us.

For instance, a hag rode one of our participants into a SEHowl a few years ago and, when it found out that it was surrounded by Weres, it hightailed it up out of the canyon. It hovered around up there the whole time, wanting to attack us but resisting the temptation. After we left, it came back down and one of our people went back and exterminated it.

Is it possible for material objects to possess abnormal energy? One of the old doors at my place caught my friends eye, he's more experienced at this stuff than I am. I waved my hand over it and it felt like the same "energy" I was trained to focus between my hands.

Does this sound probable?

#6 2011-09-30 20:34:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, I would say so (I do the "hand thing myself, so I know what you're talking about). On the other hand, a lot of Therians seem to have a thing going with static electricity. For instance, I almost had a thumb nail blown off with static in my laundry - it turned black. We seem to attract lightening.

When people in a mystical, shamanic, or New Age tradition starts talking about energy, it's sorta hard to pin down just exactly what they're talking about and I suspect that most of them don't really know themselves. I'm not so sure that what they often call energy would be recognized as such by a physicist. I'm thinking,perhaps, that a more accurate term might be "information", or a cross between the two with a little matter, some psychology, and other things thrown in for seasoning.

Spirit is a "resonant" material. It exists in everything but it's normally inert - it's not living and doesn't possess mind - spirit in inert objects can be "awakened" by resonance with other beings that are sentient. That's the basis of talismans, amulets, sentinels, wardings, and such. It's also where Earth gets her mind.

#7 2011-10-01 10:43:32

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

Well, I would say so (I do the "hand thing myself, so I know what you're talking about). On the other hand, a lot of Therians seem to have a thing going with static electricity. For instance, I almost had a thumb nail blown off with static in my laundry - it turned black. We seem to attract lightening.

It didn't feel like normal static. There was a tingling sensation and sometimes especially with the hand thing there's like a magnetic pull and repel. When I see this, it looks kinda like heat vapors.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2011-10-01 10:45:02)

#8 2011-10-02 03:25:49

John Anchondo

@lupinalchemist, I think that's what he's saying. in my earlier post where I mentioned my body vibrating, can also be described as a tingling/static sensation going through my whole body. It probably didn't feel like normal static because you felt going through your hands, instead of feeling it from another object.

#9 2011-10-03 18:36:23

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, that's a possibility. Of course, I can't know without being there (and even then, I might not....)

#10 2011-10-06 21:06:04

WolfMontana

That body vibrating/tingly/static sensation can be produced by working on your energy body. Folks can experience this by practicing Tai Chi, Reiki, anything that manipulates energy. It's not a therian only thing.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#11 2011-10-07 00:24:01

John Anchondo

Of course, anybody can experience that feeling, but most people don't really give any mind to that feeling unless it's focused to one point on the body.

#12 2011-10-07 15:57:55

Siverwolf

SnowCrystal--  Do you have these spiritual / paranormal experiences more in Summer or Winter?

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#13 2011-10-11 16:36:48

lupinealchemist

Does anyone else feel like they're hearing radio frequencies when it's quiet? I was wondering if this relates to static.

#14 2011-10-11 16:50:37

Badseed_666

I've had a few experiences where I've felt and experienced some paranormal things but u've always chalked it up to nerves. But looking back at them, something was definitely there. Kinda strange, but still, I feel there's a reasonable explanation for paranormal activity. But that's just me being cynical I guess.

"I will not bow, I will not brake"~Breaking Benjamin
"We are luminous beings, not this crude matter"~Master Yoda
"Trust not your eyes, they deceive you"~Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

#15 2011-10-11 18:10:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

I hear fluorescent lights, 60 hz vibrations in faulty circuits and other electronic noise - you really can't get away from it. If I attend to it, it'll drive me nuts (well, more than usual, anyway).

#16 2011-10-11 19:52:54

Badseed_666

Right so there's not really any reason to believe in such paranormal activities.

#17 2011-10-12 04:16:52

spawn666

Yes i have but no i have not seen a hell hound before i was bitten i was able to see spirits. I have seen animal spirits, and i have passed in and out of another world but that happens rarely and only for a few seconds. I have met demons before bad and good, one i spoke to in a dream that spoke of a prophecy. The next night i sore the same demon, though i never spoke to him like i did in my dream. He also spoke his language but spoke English to. To my knowledge i have never met a angel, although of course this does not mean they don't exist.

#18 2011-10-12 15:48:52

lupinealchemist

WolfVanZandt wrote:

I hear fluorescent lights, 60 hz vibrations in faulty circuits and other electronic noise - you really can't get away from it. If I attend to it, it'll drive me nuts (well, more than usual, anyway).

Except to me it really sounds like a radio is quietly playing in my head. Another example is hearing 50 million voices saying words in an seemingly endless string of gibberish sentences. You would think I would go insane after several years, but I see it as a normal thing and am unfazed by it.

#19 2011-10-12 16:18:51

Badseed_666

You sure you're not insane?

#20 2011-10-12 16:33:57

lupinealchemist

I'm able to function in society, so I'm not that insane. wink

#21 2011-10-12 19:10:27

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's fairly common for people to hear very realistic music or people talking to them  as a anomylous trigger in their mind. Maybe you just get a  more extreme version of that.

#22 2011-10-12 20:32:11

lupinealchemist

What's even more f-ed up is I can indirectly predict what's on tv. I randomly think about a tiny part in a specific episode of a random show. Less than 24 hours later I find it on tv. This happens so many times, I begun to hate it.

#23 2011-10-12 22:52:32

Badseed_666

Well that's just plain weird. I guess you just have an extra gift with being one of us lol. Look at this way though, least you're not a berserker like me. ^_^

#24 2011-10-15 14:44:40

John Anchondo

@lupinalchemist, that's probably the intuition. @WolfVanZandt, why does that happen, an anonymous trigger in the mind.

#25 2011-10-15 16:31:51

Badseed_666

It could be anything John.

Board footer