The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-04 22:05:27

Amarok

Pixar's Brave

This might be a spoiler, as nothing in the trailers I saw mentioned this, so here are a few blank Spoiler Alert lines:

Pixar's BRAVE takes a common modern theme (young woman in a medieval/fantasy setting doesn't want to live her life as her society says she should) and takes it about as far as it can go.  What surprised me is that the film turns out to be, not a werewolf, but a were-bear film, as Merida (the young princess) inadvertantly turns her mother Elinor (the queen of a Scottish kingdom) into a bear, using a spell that was supposed to simply change her attitude.

The clumsy attempts of the Queen to control her new form -- and still act dignified -- are hilarious, and it's amusing that her human daughter (who has hunted, camped out, etc.) has to teach her how to operate as a wild animal.

But Elidor isn't the only ursus-anthrope in the woods . . .

Several people around here have said they probably wouldn't see the movie, Pixar or not, because they couldn't figure out what it was about from the trailers.  It's a well done story even without the shape-changing, but if you want to see wonderfully animated bears, see BRAVE (and Merida's war horse is also great!)

"No, no, go not to Lethe, neither twist Wolf's-bane, tight-rooted. for its poisonous wine." -- Keats, "Ode to Melancholy"

#2 2012-07-05 05:31:34

autobot95

Re: Pixar's Brave

Nice!! My wife and I are planning to go see either Brave or Spiderman this weekend. Not sure which... Wanna see both..

Board footer