The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-10 14:48:44

Jerimiah

New Member here, but have the same old problems

I have been a lycan all my life, I was "changed" as a child but that is off topic. I do not know how many of my kind are on this board but I wanted to ask if you go through the hell I go through every full moon. No sleep, no human dreams (when I do sleep) only emotions, colors, flavors, and so on. One member mentioned the heightened libido during full moon and heightened is to put it mildly. On the days after the moon every muscle in my body hurts (especially my back) and I was wondering if others are going through this. I recently went through a divorce (not many women seem to enjoy my company during a lunar cycle. I also carry the "other" issues when it isn't a full moon an that also makes me difficult to live with. But recently I met a witch (wicca) and she is a living doll. On the first night we were intimate I told her about me not handling full moons so well (I did not want to sound crazy or scare her away) she just held me close and said she "understood everything"

Well one day led to another and soon we moved in together on a HUGE piece of property and then it happened one night, full moon and there I was trying to not wake her up, I was on hands and knees, back arched, drooling, sweating profusely and fighting to keep this all under control. She awoke and tried to talk to me and see "WTF was going on?" I have a severely difficult time talking so I grunted at her and tried to "not do harm". She put her arms around me and kept repeating "get on top of me, I can help, please get on top of me" So I finally did and she "guided" me through the night. She has gone so far as to mark the lunar phase on all the calendars in the house and on the last full moon she took me outside under the moonlight and we spent the night outside in each others arms. I do not want to get too descriptive here as this might not be the appropriate forum but she is making all the difference in the world to me. On our first night she held me close and told me how long she had wanted to find a wolf, and how I was an answer to her prayers.

I hope I have found a meeting point of other LYCANS and hope others understand.  It does help to talk about this.. Thanks in advance

#2 2012-09-11 14:12:29

lupinealchemist

Re: New Member here, but have the same old problems

There hasn't been a whole lot of activity here lately and all I experience during full moons is physical/spiritual recovery and a heightened sixth sense. Hopefully WVZ will show up and shine some light on your questions.

PS: sexual content is not appropriate around here so keep it on the down low.

Last edited by lupinealchemist (2012-09-11 14:14:45)

#3 2012-09-11 19:08:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

What was the question? Oh yeah.

I started the "So you want to be a Werewolf" thread (I think that was the title) so, yes, I'm aware of the inconveniences of being a Werewolf. I wouldn't call it "hell" because I figure I'm well compensated. I still don't know why anyone would actually choose to put up with it, though.

#4 2012-09-11 20:04:46

Jerimiah

I am fortunate to have found someone to help me through the lunar cycle. I think my nights are particularly rough as I am a first generation Lycan.
Ad that to the fact that I take steroids (legally of course) and it makes for what I call a white knuckle night.

#5 2012-09-11 23:43:36

WolfVanZandt
Website

You will find that not all Weres are affected by the lunar cycle - I'm not. I once did a study and found that there are, in fact, five different factors in how Weres relate to nature and they actually line up pretty well with the ancient elements and one for attitude toward work. For instance, I'm a Water Wolf and am more affected by water. I no longer shift (I'm what they call a contherianthrope) but I do have what I call "pseudoshifts" where my body tries to conform physically to my phantom form. It sound very similar to what you described and usually happens when I sleep. All I catch is the tail end when my body is easing out of the state. I wouldn't call it painful but it's excruciatingly uncomfortable. The few times it's happened during waking hours feels what I remember growing pains to feel like. One of the things I like very much about the current site of the SEHowl is that it puts me in the vicinity of hundreds of streams and waterfalls. It energizes me and makes it easy for me to tap into my surroundings.

#6 2013-02-05 12:55:44

Jerimiah

Been offline a while, sorry about the slow response.
I have been going through quite a few changes as far as what "triggers" my change. Until recently only the moon seemed to bring on the change, but now a HUGE issue with me is smelling blood.

Just past the holidays I went to bed with my fiance' for a much needed nights sleep when I awoke around 1:00 AM and I was in the middle of physical as well as mental change. My lady tole me the physical was unbelievable. What I remember most (or should I say NOT able to remember) is I was down for 2 days straight. No logical thought, only feelings, smells, tastes, and hunger. I am so fortunate to have a mate who understands and appreciates my 2 selves. I find my wolf to be a huge source of strength and energy and in my relationship both of us love, deeply love my mate.

Jerimiah

#7 2013-02-05 17:59:09

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

You will find that not all Weres are affected by the lunar cycle - I'm not. I once did a study and found that there are, in fact, five different factors in how Weres relate to nature and they actually line up pretty well with the ancient elements and one for attitude toward work. For instance, I'm a Water Wolf and am more affected by water. I no longer shift (I'm what they call a contherianthrope) but I do have what I call "pseudoshifts" where my body tries to conform physically to my phantom form. It sound very similar to what you described and usually happens when I sleep. All I catch is the tail end when my body is easing out of the state. I wouldn't call it painful but it's excruciatingly uncomfortable. The few times it's happened during waking hours feels what I remember growing pains to feel like. One of the things I like very much about the current site of the SEHowl is that it puts me in the vicinity of hundreds of streams and waterfalls. It energizes me and makes it easy for me to tap into my surroundings.

So what are the five factors? I'm assuming that water and the moon are two of them?

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#8 2013-02-06 00:05:59

WolfVanZandt
Website

Water is one. Moon seems to be an element of air - crystal is also in there. Fire and rock are the other two, plus one factor that deals with orientation to work. I need to find this data again and repost it somewhere.

#9 2013-02-17 12:07:47

walkingintheshadows
Website

I'd love to see the data smile

#10 2013-02-17 14:21:33

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have a 6.43 MByte pdf of raw data. It also contains information from other polls and canvases (actually, the nature study isn't raw data but factor and correlation tables - I've lost the raw data. I also have two Excel spreadsheets of survey data, both less than 1 Meg. I'll be glad to send it to you. Send me an email and I'll return it as attachments if they're not too big. I have huge stacks of information digitized that I would be glad to make available to anyone that wants to look at it. They're on 9 CDs so I'm not going to be able to send them over the Internet and I am going to be really resistant to spending all my time making CDs unless I'm sending them to someone I have reason to believe is going to use them for serious study. More likely, if someone has a topic in mind, I might be able to suggest certain pieces and maybe send them.

I also have the original nature survey and a spreadsheet I used to process the results.

#11 2013-02-20 03:45:42

walkingintheshadows
Website

Thanks

#12 2013-04-02 14:43:24

Jerimiah

I have been a wolf all my adult life (over 50 years now) and I came to this site just looking to chat with others like myself. Someone appeared to be offended by my use of the word Lycan, well it was handy and I was not sure of the appropriate term so sue me.

My change or "shift" as it is referred to on this forum is physical and mental and I wanted to just hear from others whom go through this. I am full blood Cherokee and maybe that has something to do with the severity of my changing.

So I apologize for the term "Lycan" but I am of an age where my medical chart states one of my issues is that I suffer from Lycanthropy. So I borrowed that term.

To all such as me I hope you find peace and purpose. I will refrain from posting from here on..

Jerimiah

#13 2013-04-02 20:23:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

LOL, when I first came into contact with the Were community, I was using White Wolf language. (I announced that I was most definitely not a Glass Walker.) That ended quickly.

Don't worry about it. Nobody will remember it next year.

By the way, you know, there are Weres on this forum, but this isn't a Were forum - it's specifically for fans of werewolf fiction. They were nice enough to let us Therians have a section to talk about Therian stuff.

smile

Folks tend to be sore about the term "Lycan" because it surfaced right after the Underground movies came out. It just sounds like people are taking after a movie and outsiders are too tempted, as it is, to think of us as fantasizers as it is.

Board footer