The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-07 23:18:24

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

*howl* I'm back and calling out

If you are in north/central Florida and a wolf, i do mean born therian. If you feel you've been out of place as long back as you can remember. If your looking for a establishing pack with established alphas we need to talk.

Me and my mate are very strong if i like you, you might be accepted but don't make the mistake of thinking you can come in and challenge us. If your one of these no need for an alpha types.. don't bother posting i understand the notion... don't annoy me with it. if you can hear my call.. come forward.

FYI: This is not a "what am i thread" if you have doubts save me the trouble of shooting you down.

Last edited by shadowwolfx (2012-10-08 00:38:27)

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#2 2012-10-07 23:21:57

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Re: *howl* I'm back and calling out

fyi, bantering and trolling will be ignored, I'm quite sure i know how you feel. I have a level of respect for your opinion but i am steadfast.

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#3 2012-10-07 23:34:12

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Re: *howl* I'm back and calling out

let me get this out of they way real quick.... a re-quote from a sticky i like lol

ShadyHowl wrote:

I think it would be beneficial for us to have a thread which new members or young people can refer to which debunks their supposed 'symptoms' of lycanthropy and offers alternative, more sensible explanations for experiencing what they consider to be weird phenomena. Auto-stop's thread is a good example of why we need such a resource and I thought it might be a collaborative effort.

So, if we start by listing common 'symptoms' that people mention, perhaps we can have a collaborative debunking of each one and slowly build a resource, much like the FAQ.

1. Craving for raw meat or rare/steak - may indicate a bodily craving for protein or iron, not an animal spirit.
2. Growing hair in unusual places - is surprisingly common - so-called human 'werewolves' may suffer from hypertrochosis, where thick hair grows all over the body. It is not, however, a sign of therianthropy or lycanthropy.
3. Getting angry quickly/losing temper over nothing - A sign that you may be undergoing anything from excessive stress to hormonal changes or may simply have a short fuse. If you find this to be a problem seek anger management courses rather than self-diagnosing as a werewolf.
4. Being athletic and enjoying running/fighting/other sports - Exercise releases endorphins which can be addictive. Loving to run is no more a sign of being a werewolf than enjoying a sugary beverage; which also releases 'feel-good' brain chemicals.
5. Being a 'loner' and being called 'weird' - is perfectly normal for teenagers whatever their background or interests. It has nothing to do with lycanthropy.
6. Loving animals and having a literal 'animal magnetism' - Dogs, cats and other domesticated animals gravitate to you because they've learned being friendly with people gets them food; not because you're imbued with magical powers.
7. Having a good sense of smell - Is indicative that you have a good sense of smell; not that you are a lycanthrope.
8. Not liking large bodies of water/crucifixes/silver - Phobias are common psychological phenomena which can be dealt with by a psychiatrist or counsellor.
9. Howling and growling, in public or private - Is normal; people have used animal noises to communicate for centuries and, while a little out of the ordinary, it is by no means an indication of therianthropy/lycanthropy.
10. Liking nature, woodland, open spaces, etc. - Is normal - they are peaceful and serene places and often trigger a lessening of stress hormones like cortisol.

You can either list more or extrapolate on my ones, up to you.

Happy Debunking tongue

Board footer