The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-13 03:36:55

walkingintheshadows
Website

Casting Call

So, I recently recieved an email from a therian friend of mine talking about an email she recieved from a casting director looking for therians.

"Hi!
I am a Casting Director in Los Angeles working with the production company, World of Wonder.

http://worldofwonder.net/about/

I came across you via your website via a google search.
We are in the midst of developing a series for a major cable network which focuses on people who have extreme personal styles.

One of the episodes we are considering is about people who are part of the Werewolf and Vampire communities.
I would love to know if you think any of your members might be interested in being a part of this new series.
Feel free to pass my information on to anyone whom you think fits this description.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Michael Warwick
Casting
World of Wonder
323 603 6300 ext 269"

His second email went into more detail about his plans for the episode.

"Thank you so much for writing. The truth is I don't know much about the Vampire/Werewolf world other than it exists.

The series I am working on is about Extreme Lifestyles with an aim to show how various people live and dress, where they shop, where they live and what their lives are like in a sea of ordinary people. While I am sure the idea was inspired by Twilight and other forms of entertainment, we are not looking to recreate anything that isn't true. If you take a look at our website you will see we do a wide range of programming but NEVER make fun of people. We are all about telling people's stories and documenting lives.

If you are interested, I would love to speak with you or anyone you might know who could be interested in participating.

I am doing Skype interviews, collecting photos and information with the people who would like to participate. This is not for air, yet. Just for in house to try to sell this show.

Thank you again for taking the time to write back to me.
Kind regards,
Michael Warwick"

What do you think? The idea of passing it onto me was to spread it out into my own mini community, yet I'm a little hesitant to do so, as to be honest, there are some people who I really wouldn't wish to be speaking for us as a whole. The person who recieved this email, for instance, would probably mention physical shifting and is a teenager, so may not give the best impression. To be honest, ideally I'd appreciate older, more experienced, offline therians responding, because that's far better than the alternative.

Last edited by walkingintheshadows (2013-01-13 04:41:29)

#2 2013-01-13 17:21:57

Siverwolf

Re: Casting Call

I've never been one for having an "Extreme Lifestlye".  He's gonna find out that werewolves are generally boreing, especially me. 

But, that don't bother me.  I'm sure He will find some really "interesting lifestlyers"

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2013-01-13 17:30:54)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#3 2013-01-13 18:55:46

WolfVanZandt
Website

Please disavow them of the idea that we're "inspired" by Twilight.

They need to do at least a summary research of the Were community before even starting on the project. There's plenty of information out here on the Internet, in books, and in articles. If they're not serious enough to do their homework first (in which case, they would not have even suggested that we're related to Twilight), then we don't need to be working with them.

Siver is right. If they want extreme lifestylers (which we, typically, are not), they'll find them and make us look like a bunch of mental deviates.

#4 2013-01-13 19:23:03

lupinealchemist

Another media disappointment. At this rate, true therianthropy will never be understood by mainstreamers.

#5 2013-01-13 20:31:17

WolfMontana

Inspired by Twilight?!?!?! o.O

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#6 2013-01-13 20:40:02

icestarleader

Definitely, also if real therians actually were in a show , then what about the Scientists and Government surely they would be quite curious too?

so so busy...........

#7 2013-01-14 00:04:48

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmmm....you don't figure they're already curious?

We've already  been in shows - and books. We're not a secret, Icestarleader. Some of the shows were good. The bad ones were mostly so bad I didn't worry about them because no one in their right mind would take them seriously.

And we need some curious scientists. We need some answers and, unless we breed our own scientists, we're going to need some help finding them.

#8 2013-01-14 00:24:56

icestarleader

The thing I'm mostly worried about is that people would find us a threat and start killing us to extinction like the animal thylacine. That animal was something amazing but people didn't understand it and Killed.What if that happens to us?

so so busy...........

#9 2013-01-14 00:41:18

walkingintheshadows
Website

"Please disavow them of the idea that we're "inspired" by Twilight."
That was the first thing I told him XD I'm a little convinced that his first basis wasn't on too great a site, and he didn't do any research since then. Which doesn't give the best impression of his devotion to the facts.

I highly doubt anybody would kill us, we're not threatening or interesting enough.

#10 2013-01-14 03:27:56

Moonlit Hunter

Is this the same jackhole who was harassing people on Werelist?

Also -

icestarleader wrote:

The thing I'm mostly worried about is that people would find us a threat and start killing us to extinction like the animal thylacine. That animal was something amazing but people didn't understand it and Killed.What if that happens to us?

I think we've got a ways to go before we revert to human beings killing other human beings for ridiculous reasons.

#11 2013-01-14 10:15:01

WolfMontana

Moonlit Hunter wrote:

I think we've got a ways to go before we revert to human beings killing other human beings for ridiculous reasons.

*spittake* Um dude, people have been doing that ever since there have been people.

My apologies for lurking in this thread. Was just curious. I don't see myself as a therian. Icestarleader, I think you have a distorted view of the differences between 'humans' and 'therians' and are getting worked up over nothing. I'm sure you look human. I'm sure you sound human. I'm sure you occasionally drink a Coke (or pepsi), enjoy watching movies and brush your teeth before you go to bed. Since you don't actually turn into a bipedal werewolf of horror fiction and run around scaring old grannies, I think you've little to fear.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#12 2013-01-14 12:59:43

Siverwolf

walkingintheshadows wrote:

"Please disavow them of the idea that we're "inspired" by Twilight."
That was the first thing I told him XD I'm a little convinced that his first basis wasn't on too great a site, and he didn't do any research since then. Which doesn't give the best impression of his devotion to the facts.

I highly doubt anybody would kill us, we're not threatening or interesting enough.

I agree. 

I'd even go as far as to saying that people are more likely to kill other people then to kill werewolves.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#13 2013-01-14 18:34:08

WolfVanZandt
Website

Fact is, we've been in the public sector for almost 20 years now and there is no record of any Were being killed by a nonWere during  modern times. I'm sure it could happen. It already has happened (it was called the Inquisition) but I hope we learned some lessons about that. As it is, it's as against the law to kill a Were as it is to kill a Mainstreamer.

I think Siver is very correct - by pure chance, a target for murder is way more likely to be a Mainstreamer. Also given our tendency to be ignored and to not aggravate other people, we're much less likely to draw that kind of attention. Although Mainstreamers don't tend to form close bonds with us, they do tend to like us (typically).

#14 2013-01-14 22:47:25

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

WolfMontana wrote:

Well, I do sparkle...

tongue

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2013-01-14 22:50:18)

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#15 2013-01-15 01:20:36

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

Totalimmortal wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

Well, I do sparkle...

tongue

Sparkle sparkle sparkle~

#16 2013-01-15 01:22:08

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Randomwolf42 wrote:

Totalimmortal wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

Well, I do sparkle...

tongue

Sparkle sparkle sparkle~

F**K YEAH, SPARKLE SPARLE SPARKLE!!1
tongue

Last edited by Totalimmortal (2013-01-15 01:22:28)

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

Board footer