The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-17 12:58:12

walkingintheshadows
Website

Therianthropy Lecture

"Trevor Addie, presently an undergraduate student, is going to be giving a guest lecture for an anthropology class at American University in Washington, DC this coming Spring Semester (Spring 2013).

The lecture is going to be tentatively entitled “Therianthropy: A State of Being†and seeks to examine therianthropy, a state of being in which human bodied individuals identify in some manner as a non-human animal; the therianthropic state of being as a personal experience; and will feature a class discussion on the social implications of identifying as a therianthrope, the importance of community, and the benefits of increased awareness.
Currently, the plan is to have the event live streamed and videorecorded. If you would be interested in viewing a live stream or post-lecture video footage of the event, please e-mail DCTherianthropyLecture@live.com."

I  recently receieved email confimation about the date and time smile

"Hello everybody,

My name is Trevor Addie and I am writing to you as you all have e-mailed me regarding the therianthropy lecture which I will be giving at American University this Spring semester. Almost everything has been sorted out by this point, so I am sending forth this e-mail to touch base with you all. The livestream, which will broadcast the previously recorded lecture, will be hosted on Livestream.com on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 2:00pm (14:00) United States Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). In order to view the livestream, interested parties will have to make an account with livestream.com. This is free and will allow access not only to the livestream on the day of the event, but also an archive of the event to watch for up to a month afterwards. Once I have the event page set up, I will e-mail you all with the link.

For those of you who cannot make the Livestream viewing and wish to view the recording, I am searching for a suitable method of hosting the video so you all can see it. If you sign up for a Livestream account, you should be able to see the video on demand for up to a month after the stream is hosted. Otherwise, I may create a YouTube account and break the video down into ten segments. In that event, I will e-mail the master link to the profile. I will get back to you all on this.

I apologize for not being able to personally e-mail each and every one of you; however, given the volume of e-mails I've received in the past month alone, a mass e-mail is the most efficient. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to your input!

Sincerely,
Trevor Addie"

Well, I'm excited.
The lecturer in question had a friend who identifies as a therian, and his curiousity got the better of him, or so it seems. With any luck, it'll be well presented and well informed. Just thought I'd put the word out.

Last edited by walkingintheshadows (2013-01-17 12:58:57)

Board footer