The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-03 00:44:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

Religion and Weres

Therianthropy isn't a religion. Like anything else, it can be turned into one (witness the Therian Temple) but most Weres absolutely deny that their therianthropy is a religion. The again, there is no way that an all-pervading lifestyle like therianthropy isn't going to at least color one's religious beliefs.

In my attempt to collect as much information as I can gather about the Were community, I have begun adding to the Religion and Weres section of the Therian Timeline. It includes my original study on conflicts between therianthropy and Christianity and now has some data from the old AHWW polls and a more recent canvass of the Were community. It also has a recorded session with the author of Creatures of the Night, Dr. Gregory Reece and myself.

Since Weres have always asked me about Shamanism, I have completed a section on Were Shamanism, and that is also on the site. It doesn't go so far as to detail how to be a shaman - I don't think that can be communicated by books or the Internet, but I have included some tips about how to get along in Dreamtime and a general discussion of shamanism - both Were and Mainstreamer. There is also a growing bibliography in the shamanism section.

In the future, I would like to record some Weres' ideas on the subject.

#2 2013-03-03 19:34:48

Siverwolf

Re: Religion and Weres

Your website link is not coming up.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#3 2013-03-04 00:16:44

WolfVanZandt
Website

I was working on it today. You might have tried to access it then. It's opening for me now so you should be able to get it. Here's the link:

http://theriantimeline.com

#4 2013-03-04 08:05:10

Siverwolf

OK, thanks it works now.

Siverwolf.

Homo - Lycanthropus

#5 2013-03-04 11:18:10

Silere

Hey guys! :d Long time no see.

Wolf, I appreciate the work you're doing with your timeline.  I haven't read the religion section completely yet, but i wanted to say that this passage in particular really resonates with me: "A primary answer is that man, over the centuries, has fallen further and further away from nature. Where humanity was conceived, in the beginning by God, as a steward of nature, he has come to see nature as the enemy and something to be conquered and controlled - something to be possessed. Therians, with their strong link to creation, provide a bridge back to nature. "

I agree with this very much, and this long-held belief has informed so much of my viewpoint and intent in life.

I don't get much time to be online these days, but I will try to engage in discussion more often when i'm able.  Good topic!  I haven't read the Shamanism part yet, looking forward to that.

#6 2013-03-04 18:39:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.O

Whoa! Fancy running into you here!

Always good to hear from you, though.

smile

Board footer