The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-09 14:18:03

Dig

Werewolf Virus Outbreak Movie?

Battledogs

SYFY - On the 6th at 9:00, Battledogs finds a werewolf disease threatening to decimate the world and a rogue general using the opportunity to create a fleet of super soldiers to seize control at an unstable time. Battledogs stars Dennis Haysbert, Craig Sheffer, Kate Vernon and Bill Duke.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl … 19050/1109

#2 2013-03-18 00:07:20

ODedonCoke

Re: Werewolf Virus Outbreak Movie?

Um, are "Battledogs" and "Ward's Island" the same movie?

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/64479/ … s-and-ston

The plots are similar and feature some of the same actors. I'm guessing "Ward's Island" is a working title, since the Buffalo News article came earlier?

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#3 2013-04-11 19:42:05

lupinealchemist

Saw it a week ago, it was meh.

The TF trigger is heart rate acceleration, similar to the lycanthrope race in the Star Ocean series.

A werewolf attack causes an outbreak, it is quarantined but the cliched corrupt military wants to turn them into a bio weapon.

One interesting feature is that the werewolves still retain a sliver of humanity when transformed so they can be calmed down and revert.
Cliched spoiler: the hero becomes a werewolf to fight against the villian who is also a werewolf.

#4 2013-04-12 11:24:21

ODedonCoke

Ah, thanks for reminding me about this. Just downloaded and watched it...I think it was okay/so-so as far as crappy Syfy movies go. And it's good to see Mac from Predator again after so long. The TF effects are fairly good, though far from great. And...yeah, girl werewolf. wink

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#5 2013-04-12 20:12:12

WolfMontana

Been watching it in bits and pieces. So far, it's not the worst Syfy movie I've ever seen, and I think it's one of the better werewolf Syfy movies I've seen, so that's saying something. Some very familiar faces in it, but they're doing pretty good so far. Got a big kick seeing Ernie Hudson. I don't think that man ages.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer